Author Topic: Best Drug Rehabilitation  (Read 610096 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: Best Drug Rehab - Need help ASAP
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 14:48 »
Best Drug Rehab (or BDR) is definitely a Scientology program. My son is the one we were discussing at the beginning of this thread. The BDR website is totally inaccurate and not what you get when you get to the program. The only "faith" you can choose from is Scientology. You have to read L Ron Hubbard books and do TR's before you can get any priveleges such as attending a simple AA meeting. Trust me - you do not want to use this place for alcohol or drug treatment!

:w:e:l:c:o:m:e:

I am SO glad your daughter (?) was able to find this site and get some advice for when you picked your son up from Best Drug Rehab!  I hope it went smoothly for all of you.  How is your son doing, if you don't mind me asking?

I believe BDR is a Narconon-in-Disguise, trying to avoid Narconon's bad reputation.  Thanks so much for confirming those suspicions, and for posting. 

Michigan's Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs needs to hear about Best Drug Rehab, and its false advertising, as well as any quality of care; misconduct, or scope-of-practice issues. 

I also hope you will report the false information you found on their website and how you were defrauded to the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3):
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

The FTC does not handle individual complaints, but adds the complaints to their database for investigation and prosecutions when enough people have complained, so it is important for everyone who has been defrauded by a rehab to add their voice.

The IC3 provides information and refers complaints to the appropriate federal, state, local, and international law enforcement and regulatory agencies.  They accept 3rd party reports, so anyone who has information about fraud can report to them.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 14:50 »
I sent my son to the same place. Same complaints. If we are all in this same boat together, how do we all work together to get our money back, and close this darn place down? This is some crazy stuff!!! They are taking advantage of vulnerable people in desperate situations! My 17 year old ran away from the place! Thank God! He was only there for 7 days. I put the bill on credit cards, the credit card companies said it's not fraud unless they used the card without my permission. How do we ban together against this evil disgusting Scientology scam? Are there lawyers out there that have dealt with this before?

Unfortunately, it's not so simple. You do have a better chance of gettiing a refund because of the situation and time he was there but there are no guarantees. You can do a credit card chargeback but it has to be done correctly. Its a complicated process. I can assist you with this. 
Mary

edited to delete message to another poster
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 15:05 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2012, 14:58 »
I sent my son to the same place. Same complaints. If we are all in this same boat together, how do we all work together to get our money back, and close this darn place down? This is some crazy stuff!!! They are taking advantage of vulnerable people in desperate situations! My 17 year old ran away from the place! Thank God! He was only there for 7 days. I put the bill on credit cards, the credit card companies said it's not fraud unless they used the card without my permission. How do we ban together against this evil disgusting Scientology scam? Are there lawyers out there that have dealt with this before?

Welcome to Tipping Point, Anewdawn.  I hope your son is doing alright now. 

How did you find Best Drug Rehab?  On the internet?  I believe that everyone who has been defrauded by this place should make a complaint to the Michigan agency linked in my response to cischroed above.  If you found BDR through a web site, or an internet referral site, you should make complaints with the other 2 agencies in the post above.

You will need to approach BDR first about getting your money back.  If you don't get it back from them, there are other steps you can take, which we can elaborate on.  Each individual situation is different, even though the experiences and complaints are similar.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 15:16 »
You can get good suggestions from ethercat and Mary.
I would also urge you go to the FTC and complain about the fraudulent advertising and how much it cost you. They seem to take complaints from those who have lost money more seriously than from people who have only seen the ads on line. Maybe with more voices, they will listen and act faster.
https://www.FTCComplaintAssistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2012, 15:20 »
Go to the FTC and complain about the fraudulent advertising and how much it cost you. They seem to take complaints from those who have lost money more seriously than from people who have only seen the ads on line filing complaints. Maybe with more voices, they will listen and act faster.
Good post, who me? !
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 15:23 »
Hi Mary, I was modifying my post when you responded. I modified the post to make sure I was not distracting from the good work you do and just add my voice to the call for filing a complaint. When I find fraud on-line, I tend to report it, hoping that they will get enough complaints to expend the resources and act.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 15:48 »
Hi Mary, I was modifying my post when you responded. I modified the post to make sure I was not distracting from the good work you do and just add my voice to the call for filing a complaint. When I find fraud on-line, I tend to report it, hoping that they will get enough complaints to expend the resources and act.

Thank you :) I seem to have caught the modified message anyway :)
Thank you for all you are doing. That link is important.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 19:00 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 18:56 »
They seem to take complaints from those who have lost money more seriously than from people who have only seen the ads on line. Maybe with more voices, they will listen and act faster.

Just my 2 cents.

Sad, but true, that their responses are so often reactive, rather than proactive. 
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2012, 19:08 »
Best Drug Rehab (or BDR) is definitely a Scientology program. My son is the one we were discussing at the beginning of this thread. The BDR website is totally inaccurate and not what you get when you get to the program. The only "faith" you can choose from is Scientology. You have to read L Ron Hubbard books and do TR's before you can get any priveleges such as attending a simple AA meeting. Trust me - you do not want to use this place for alcohol or drug treatment!

By the way,  :w:e:l:c:o:m:e: to you both!

Offline Anewdawn

• New Around Here
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2012, 23:48 »
[/quote]

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 01:00 »
[/quote]

I received your PMs. I will email you a questionaire I give to people to fill out and return to me so that I can have the details in order to help you know your options or to file complaints.

As I stated, it's not a simple matter when it comes to 'everyone' getting together. Each complaint has to be looked at on it's own merits. There are lawyers who take cases but it depends on which rehab, which location and the circumstances of the case. 

Best Rehab is in 2 different counties.

You can contact the clerk of Manistee County for info on the names of plaintiff attorneys on cases against Best Rehabilitation Services in that county, if there are any ( the records are not available on line)
415 Third Street
Manistee, MI 49660
(231) 723-3331
Fax (231) 723-1492
Email: clerk@manisteecountymi.gov 
http://www.manisteecountymi.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=110

or Calhoun county Circuit Court | 37th Circuit Court | Calhoun County

Address
 Calhoun County Justice Center
161 E. Michigan Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49014-4066
Phone  (269) 969-6530
Fax (269) 969-6663 (Administrative only, not for document filing)
Hours 8:00 am - 12 noon and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Online Record Search:  https://mcc.co.calhoun.mi.us/

Here are the names and addresses of the facilities by county
License
Number Program Name Street Address City Zip Code County
130116 BEST DRUG REHABILITATION 163 NORTH AVENUE BATTLE CREEK 49017 CALHOUN
510026 BEST DRUG REHABILITATION SERVICES 300 CARE CENTER DRIVE MANISTEE

49660 MANISTEE
Substance Abuse Program Information
 Program Name : BEST DRUG REHABILITATION License Number : 130116
Address :  163 NORTH AVENUE     Director : AMBER HOWE
 BATTLE CREEK, MI   49017     Phone # : 269/964-7569
 Service Description License Type Begin Date Date Expired
RESIDENTIAL DETOX STANDARD 04/07/2012

Substance Abuse Program Information
 Program Name : BEST DRUG REHABILITATION SERVICES License Number : 510026
Address :  300 CARE CENTER DRIVE     Director : RICHARD ALMSTED
 MANISTEE, MI   49660     Phone # : 231/887-4590
 Service Description License Type Begin Date Date Expired
CASE MANAGEMENT STANDARD 11/16/2011 
INTEGRATED TREATMENT STANDARD 11/16/2011 
CAIT STANDARD 11/16/2011 
EARLY INTERVENTION STANDARD 11/16/2011 
RESIDENTIAL DETOX PROVISIONAL 11/16/2011 04/07/2012
RESIDENTIAL STANDARD 11/16/2011 
RESIDENTIAL DETOX TEMPORARY 09/16/2011 12/16/2011
INTEGRATED TREATMENT TEMPORARY 09/16/2011 12/16/2011
CASE MANAGEMENT TEMPORARY 09/16/2011 12/16/2011
CAIT TEMPORARY 09/16/2011 12/16/2011
RESIDENTIAL TEMPORARY 09/16/2011 12/16/2011
EARLY INTERVENTION TEMPORARY 09/16/2011 12/16/2011

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: Best Drug Rehabilitation
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 16:52 »
I've merged the two Best Drug Rehab threads.  Carry on.

L-O-:
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 17:25 »
Thanks!

New corporate registrations for BDR on 9/13 on LARA:
http://www.dleg.state.mi.us/bcs_corp/rs_corp.asp?s_button=sname&v_search=Best+Drug+Rehab&hiddenField=&search=Search
No documents available, yet

A Manistee Planning Commission packet for a special use permit for 300 Care Center Drive that tells of Per and Kate's divorce and her financial situation. It mentions TIA.
https://mi-manistee.civicplus.com/archives/42/8-4-11%20PC%20Agenda%20Packet.pdf
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 00:19 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2012, 00:18 »
double post
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2012, 11:43 »
"Substance Abuse Program Information
 MANISTEE, MI   49660     Phone # : 231/887-4590 "

Richard is a Scientologist.  And is also notorious for using cocaine, heroin, pills and alcohol in the very recent past.  He abandoned his wife and kids for long periods leaving them to fend for themselves while he partied it up. 

Dean Kealoha who also works there is known to beat his wife.  Repeatedly and in the very recent past.

Great role models and definitely worthy of running a drug rehab.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2012, 12:44 »

Richard is a Scientologist.  And is also notorious for using cocaine, heroin, pills and alcohol in the very recent past.  He abandoned his wife and kids for long periods leaving them to fend for themselves while he partied it up. 

Dean Kealoha who also works there is known to beat his wife.  Repeatedly and in the very recent past.

I guess his wife has had enough. https://mcc.co.calhoun.mi.us/details.php?c=2012+0000001023&se=party
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2012, 16:22 »

I guess his wife has had enough. https://mcc.co.calhoun.mi.us/details.php?c=2012+0000001023&se=party

Good for her! ( + good catch, mefree :)

He submitted a list of witnesses. Hoep she has a list to submit, too.

It's on record she's gotten Personal Protection orders against him in the past.
https://mcc.co.calhoun.mi.us/details.php?c=2009+0000003443&se=party
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 16:37 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2012, 22:23 »
Looks like Per is trying to put Narconon out of business ...

Payment system among the unconventional aspects of treatment center in Michigan
February 13, 2012 by Gary A. Enos, Editor

Best Drug Rehabilitation offers flat rate for residential services

[..]
“They’re getting a result more than a number of days,” says Dan Green, the Manistee-based center’s senior director of expansion. At a rate of $15,900 for anything from a 30-day to a 90-day stay, Best Drug Rehabilitation appears to be avoiding the price shock that is likely experienced by individuals and families examining treatment options on both coasts of the U.S.

If medically supervised detox is needed for a Best Drug Rehabilitation client dependent on substances such as alcohol or benzodiazepines, the overall flat rate for services is $18,400. The program does work with insurance.

Best Drug Rehabilitation has the capacity to serve 175 adults at a time in the residential program, although founder Per Wickstrom says the center would like to keep the census no larger than 100. [..] more....
http://www.addictionpro.com/article/payment-system-among-unconventional-aspects-treatment-center-michigan#comment-3819

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2012, 09:20 »
Dan probably got yelled at for associating Per with the centers.  If he is the founder, why is he not listed on any licensing or incorporation docs?  Oh yea, he's hiding income and assests from the IRS.

Looks like Per is trying to put Narconon out of business ...

Payment system among the unconventional aspects of treatment center in Michigan
February 13, 2012 by Gary A. Enos, Editor

Best Drug Rehabilitation offers flat rate for residential services

[..]
“They’re getting a result more than a number of days,” says Dan Green, the Manistee-based center’s senior director of expansion. At a rate of $15,900 for anything from a 30-day to a 90-day stay, Best Drug Rehabilitation appears to be avoiding the price shock that is likely experienced by individuals and families examining treatment options on both coasts of the U.S.

If medically supervised detox is needed for a Best Drug Rehabilitation client dependent on substances such as alcohol or benzodiazepines, the overall flat rate for services is $18,400. The program does work with insurance.

Best Drug Rehabilitation has the capacity to serve 175 adults at a time in the residential program, although founder Per Wickstrom says the center would like to keep the census no larger than 100. [..] more....
http://www.addictionpro.com/article/payment-system-among-unconventional-aspects-treatment-center-michigan#comment-3819
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2012, 11:09 »
haha! I should send a copy to the IRS and State of Michigan ( and I did make a print-to-pdf copy in case they get it taken it down ;)