Author Topic: Best Drug Rehabilitation  (Read 609981 times)

Offline blueeyzntucson

• New Around Here
Re: Best Drug Rehabilitation
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2012, 11:22 »
I just returned home wed from best drug after 2 weeks, my son helped me find rehab by going online, an ntake counselor called back saying my insurance wouldn't cover any rehab n az but there's a great rehab n michigan,my flight would b paid there & home plus he would come see me & get anything I needed said it was christian based, well I never saw the intake counselor I was told detox was same building as rehabbut was 3 hours away n battlecreek & my family didn't know where I was for 8 days. I got to best drug it was dirty clients were mad due to thebsame lies by intake counselors the classes are based on scientology all books by l ron hubbard they take clients off much needed psych meds have u watch the same movies daily on how psych meds are bad. Your 1st week u have to use the phone on speaker n front of a casemanager due to if you leave b4 7days best drug don't get paid, after the week I called my family told them everything about scientology & the lies so my son started process to get me home soon after my call best drug heard I was leaving tries calling clients families back statin were lying & drug seeking,  once they found out I was leaving they took phones put them up& told me until further notice I had to use phones in front of case managers. If clients tried to leave security chased them told them get n van or I put u n it so clients were forced to call the cops n order to leave. Clients do all the cleaning.  My daughter went on ripoff report & soon after I was called noffice & told I have to leave 17 if my daughter retracts her complaint they will reimburse me for my flight& pay for hotel. I was also told 2 days b4 I was leaving if I didn't attend trs I would btaken to a shelter. I'm sorry but I don't believe doing trs ( staring at other cts for 15 mins, bull baiting or telling ashtrays to stand up & sit down) will help my sobriety. Until I went to the hotel they kept me n the office with a security guard for hours & wouldn't let me talk to anyone.worst experience of my life!

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2012, 12:36 »
I just returned home wed from best drug after 2 weeks, my son helped me find rehab by going online, an ntake counselor called back saying my insurance wouldn't cover any rehab n az but there's a great rehab n michigan,my flight would b paid there & home plus he would come see me & get anything I needed said it was christian based, well I never saw the intake counselor I was told detox was same building as rehabbut was 3 hours away n battlecreek & my family didn't know where I was for 8 days. I got to best drug it was dirty clients were mad due to thebsame lies by intake counselors the classes are based on scientology all books by l ron hubbard they take clients off much needed psych meds have u watch the same movies daily on how psych meds are bad. Your 1st week u have to use the phone on speaker n front of a casemanager due to if you leave b4 7days best drug don't get paid, after the week I called my family told them everything about scientology & the lies so my son started process to get me home soon after my call best drug heard I was leaving tries calling clients families back statin were lying & drug seeking,  once they found out I was leaving they took phones put them up& told me until further notice I had to use phones in front of case managers. If clients tried to leave security chased them told them get n van or I put u n it so clients were forced to call the cops n order to leave. Clients do all the cleaning.  My daughter went on ripoff report & soon after I was called noffice & told I have to leave 17 if my daughter retracts her complaint they will reimburse me for my flight& pay for hotel. I was also told 2 days b4 I was leaving if I didn't attend trs I would btaken to a shelter. I'm sorry but I don't believe doing trs ( staring at other cts for 15 mins, bull baiting or telling ashtrays to stand up & sit down) will help my sobriety. Until I went to the hotel they kept me n the office with a security guard for hours & wouldn't let me talk to anyone.worst experience of my life!

Wow.  Welcome to Tipping Point, blueeyzntucson, and thanks for telling us about your experience.  I'm so sorry you went there, but I'm glad your son was able to find the information on the internet that he did, and that you left after 2 weeks.

It's sad to hear they are also trying to brainwash clients against psychiatry by showing movies based on scientology front group CCHR's agenda - CCHR tries to influence legislation in the mental health arena, basically meddling where they have no business in or knowledge about the issues involved. 

Please file complaints with:
Michigan licensing agency for drug rehabs:
http://www6.dleg.state.mi.us/parsers/complaints/onlineform.asp

Federal Trade Commission:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3):
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

The Consumer Protection Department of the Michigan Attorney General:
http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,4534,7-164-17331-42077--,00.html

I'd also like to ask you to do the independent survey at http://reachingforthetippingpoint.net/narcononsurvey/ .  The information from the survey is being collected to demonstrate patterns in the treatment and behavior of clients by these facilities.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2012, 14:51 »
So sorry you had to go thru this awful experience blueeyzntucson.
I hope you have found a better rehab, and don't let this bad experience side track you from getting real help.

Please take ethercat's suggestions and file complaints everywhere possible. Have your kids do the same. You may help save another family the pain your family was subjected to.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 14:57 »

Hi and   :w:e:l:c:o:m:e:. Thank you for telling us about your experience. Wow! Your description is so similar to the narconon cases we've seen over the years. About the phones, about the filth, about the lies. Thank you for confirming what others have experienced. I'm sorry you went through all this.

Glad your daughter posted about it on ripoffreport.com , too. I looked but I couldn't find see anything regarding your specific complaint.  Can you provide a link or a report number? I'd like to see and respond to it there, too.

What was the intake person's name? Bet there are other complaints on the internet about him, too.

Again, thanks. Best wishes in your continued recovery,

Mary
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 16:15 »
Welcome to Tipping Point.

There's no excuse for this criminal scam. Despite the fact that many others have described similar experiences at Narconon, the state agencies have failed to act. 

You've already received some great recommendations from others. I hope you will file complaints with the agencies that ethercat linked above.

Congratulations on surviving the nightmare!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 16:43 »
By the way, you can't retract a Ripoff Report once it's posted and up -- unless the complaint goes through arbitration and only things found to be false wil then be removed.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Arbitration.aspx
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline enjoy_alienation

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2012, 23:57 »
I found this to be an interesting read. It was posted by someone who was a staff member when I was a client there.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/best-drug-rehabilita/cult-organizations/best-drug-rehabilitation-scie-0da23.htm

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2012, 21:52 »
Unfortunately, there is a new story out of Michigan on Ripoff Report:

Submitted: Saturday, November 03, 2012
    Last Posting: Saturday, November 03, 2012
    Reported By: Desperate Mother — Clinton Mississippi United States of America

Forever recovery Stone Hawk, Best Drug Rehabilitation, Tranquility Detox HELP OUR SON PLEASE Battle creek, Michigan

Please help us get our son out of this Scientology/ narconon rehabilitation center. This place is a scam and a very dangerous place for anyone.

My son, 19 is an addict who suffers from ADHD and ODD. He finally decided he wanted to get clean and stay clean once and for all. He truly wants to get his life straight after years of battling these diseases.

Of course that was the best news of my life. I went straight to the I-pad and searched desperately to find the best help possible. I called a man in Florida, who is a recruiter for rehabilitation centers ( so I thought). So I have great ins. But a very high deductible so I was told I needed 10 grand. I didn't have that money just sitting there ya know. So guess what, Florida guy told me it was m lucky day, they have scholarships to help people in need. Should have realized then, like my mother always said (nothing is free)!! So they got he insurance info and called back and said its a go. Can you get him on a plane now? Everything fully paid. I spent that day and they next day running around town buying clothes for the cold weather in Michigan and filling the supply list. I had no time to research anything. That's what they want you to do, stay busy and don't read. There is so much bad stuff on the Internet about them.

So my son flies away to Manistee, MI, to a place called "Best Drug Rehabilitation", so I thought. I started looking at the weather there just to see how cold it was compared to what he's used to and to my surprise, I found hell...

I couldn't believe what I as reading about these facility's. Scientology/ Narconon?? I read about deaths, brainwashing, extortion, drug trafficking, human trafficking, insurance fraud, and the list goes on. This is the biggest money making scam. It made me sick and scared because I sent my child here for help and he might die?

I decided right or wrong I just wanted him to come home and get help Elsewhere. I called the intake officer in Manistee and asked that all rehabilitation stop immediately and to give my son his cell phone back so I could talk to him. They refused to let me speak to him or have anyone call me back. Finally someone called me from BattleCreek MI, at Tranquility Detox. What? Who are he's people? Detox? More drugs? He is four hours away from the place I sent him. Still after getting very irate they said he was going through withdrawals so bad he couldn't get out of bed. He needed grubs to take the edge off. If I remove him I wold kill him. I was confused be less than twelve hours before this he was able to fly and even catch a connections flight and had never flown before. How could this be? This particular place assured me they aren't affiliated with the rehab centers I've read about that hey are just contracted by them. They promised me he wold never see anyone from the rehab. That they are behind looked doors and he would be safe. So I relaxed for a split second when I heard his voice say mom I'm okay.
Much more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/forever-recovery/cult/battle-creek-michigan-6bd90.htm
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 22:34 »
And another Ripoff Report on the Michigan Narconons

best drug rehab bdr freekin cult NOT A REHAB! manistee, Michigan

my husband is sitting in the rehab at this very moment i got a frantic call from him at about 6 this morning he was very scared and frantic there is somthing more going on there then they pursue you to belive!! they wont relase him wat the hell happened to civil rights he is a grown man and yet is not allowed to walk out of there on his own free will. he is telling me how aboustley disgusting it is being served cold chicken for breakfest and has only been allowed to shower one time in 3 weeks they lie about everything i want to get him out of there but i dont no how his mom is the one who paid the 25,000

http://www.ripoffreport.com/best-drug-rehab/adult-care-facilities/manistee-michigan-197ac.htm
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2012, 22:56 »
I'm glad this guy is ok. He certainly has a way with words.

Complaint Review: A forever Recovery
    Submitted: Monday, November 05, 2012
    Posted: Monday, November 05, 2012
    Reported By: Ripped off — West palm beach Florida USA

This place is terrible. I was willing to do anything to get clean.....

.....After 4 days of boring a** detox I was driven 3 hours to children of the corn land, Manistee, MI.

The building looks like a old horror movie asylum. The inside is worse. Nasty flies everywhere especially around the dinning area. Hot as Balls the A/C barley worked and the patients were telling me the A/C was broken for two months. I had a sleepless night laying in my own sweat. The next morning I went to group and was promptly handed a L. Ron
Hubbard workbook. Once I tried the first few exercises, "Do Birds Fly"?,"Do Fish Swim"? I Said WTF? Then I could see the group of patients that were three weeks a head of me and they were staring at a wall for two hours. Something about learning discipline. No 12-steps in sight and I  could see no tools that would help in my recovery.

more at http://www.ripoffreport.com/a-forever-recovery/mental-health/manistee-michigan-065e4.htm
-Dalai Lama

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 23:50 »
Per Wickstrom, who owns BDR, AFR, Tranquility Detox and the building that Narconon Freedom Center is in (though not "directly" associated with Narconon anymore) is nothing more than a scam artist.  He is the epitome of what the church of Scientology resembles these days (or always has?), in that you say and do whatever you have to in order to make as much money as possible and and hide behind the falsehood of your "good works".  He is personally making somewhere in the neighborhood of 100K per month, has given over half a million to Scientology for services and donations, and will continue to con people out of money until the day he goes to jail for fraud, just like David Miscavige.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2012, 17:57 »
He is personally making somewhere in the neighborhood of 100K per month, has given over half a million to Scientology for services and donations, and will continue to con people out of money until the day he goes to jail for fraud, just like David Miscavige.

I wish the state agencies would act!

-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2012, 15:39 »

Lookie lookie... another Best Drug Rehab. This one in NV.  Found this on  facebook  LIKES of a BDR staff member from MI

Basic Info
Joined Facebook   02/17/2010
Location   Best Drug Rehabilitation's address is 101 Convention

Center Dr., Suite 700, Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
Hours   
Mon - Sun: 12:00 am - 12:00 am
Contact Info
Phone   (888) 202-5610
Website   http://www.BestDrugRehabilitation.com
http://BESTDRUGREHABILITATION.NET
http://BESTDRUGREHABILITATION.ORG
http://BESTDRUGREHABILITATION.INFO
http://BEST-DRUG-REHABILITATION.NET
http://BEST-DRUG-REHABILITATION.ORG
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BestDrugRehab/308884032581?sk=info

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #73 on: November 30, 2012, 16:23 »
 \)|(/
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #74 on: November 30, 2012, 17:36 »

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2012, 15:21 »
I don't know how I missed this before, but the article is such a farce!  First of all, anyone who knows Per Wickstrom knows he can't write or talk normally without making people cringe, so he couldn't have even written this article to begin with
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/per-wickstrom/addiction-recovery_b_2132044.html  I'm sure he paid a PR company to write it and get it on Huffpo.  Also, he fails to mention that he had multiple relapses after he opened his Narconon, that he was forced out due to media attention, lawsuits and creditors and that he is a fraud.  He also claims to have written is own curriculum, but the ones who actually wrote it would beg to differ, I'm sure.  He of course also claims that BDR is nothing like Narconon, yet he has people do TRs, has ethics officers, and way more - still Scientology-based.

Thanks goes out to Mary and others for calling him out on it in the comments section.  He used his PR company to try and cover it up with positive comments.  When he says he is "helping" thousands of people, what he really means is he is taking their money and giving it to Scientology and lining his own pockets, meanwhile saying whatever he needs to in order to keep people coming in.  It's primarily an insurance scam at the moment, as he takes in mostly people with private insurance and bills their policies for as much as he can possibly get.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2012, 21:36 »
I split the part about Stephen Ballard, Jr. off to its own thread:

RIP Stephen Ballard, Jr. Dec 27th 1987 - Nov 28th 2012
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2012, 21:37 »
That blog made me throw up in my mouth a little.  We can leave comments at least:)

He says Stonehawk is credited with getting 6000 people off drugs.  Thats like a thousand a year.  No way in hell they graduated 20 people per week while in operation let alone are all those people off drugs.  CH mentioned something about Arrowhead only doing 10000 in 20 years.  Boy Per is good.  What a loon.  He looks like a cartoon character that blew hot air into his thumb and puffed up his head. 
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2012, 21:42 »
I split the part about Stephen Ballard, Jr. off to its own thread:

RIP Stephen Ballard, Jr. Dec 27th 1987 - Nov 28th 2012

Thanks!
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #79 on: December 30, 2012, 22:21 »
That blog made me throw up in my mouth a little.  We can leave comments at least:)

He says Stonehawk is credited with getting 6000 people off drugs.  Thats like a thousand a year.  No way in hell they graduated 20 people per week while in operation let alone are all those people off drugs.  CH mentioned something about Arrowhead only doing 10000 in 20 years.  Boy Per is good.  What a loon.  He looks like a cartoon character that blew hot air into his thumb and puffed up his head.

My comment ( in reply to Per's to me) is awaiting moderation:

You are so full of baloney....

Readers can get more information and read all the complaints people have about Per Wickstrom and his Narconon based programs by visiting Reaching For The Tipping Point Forum   reaching4 (dot) info