Author Topic: Kool Aid sold here!  (Read 1946 times)

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Kool Aid sold here!
« on: September 01, 2012, 21:29 »
 One mans crazy is anothers downfall!

A somewhat disturbing look at the love affair with all things Hubbard. Sadly Narconon is an acceptable treatment program in the minds of many posters on this blog.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/09/01/the-church-of-scientologys-control-over-narconon-arrowhead/

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Kool Aid sold here!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:51 »
In the comments, Rinder suggests that Narconon can be reformed. What would that look like? How does he envision Narconon's reform? 

If you take away the physically damaging aspects of the program for a moment, the Scientology indoctrination is psychologically damaging, IMO. I base this opinion on the complaints and reports of former clients.

The success statistics are blatantly false. What about Narconon is worthy of reform?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 23:18 »
 Rinder is full of %BS|P
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 00:32 »
What about Narconon is worthy of reform?

Zip, zero, and nothing.

BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 21:18 »
Aw, some of the poor kids acting as staff members, as long as they aren't too entrenched in the scientology, may be worthy of reform. 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 21:38 »
Aw, some of the poor kids acting as staff members, as long as they aren't too entrenched in the scientology, may be worthy of reform.

They are definitely worthy of reform.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama