Author Topic: Monday: Narconon seeks to block release of records of staff - Tulsa World  (Read 9871 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Monday: Narconon seeks to block release of records of staff - Tulsa World
9 September 2012, 4:51 pm
By Jarrel Wade

The Oklahoma Supreme Court is considering a request to block a judge’s order for a controversial drug treatment facility to produce records on staff misconduct.

Narconon Arrowhead, a drug detoxification facility rooted in Scientology, filed the request to block the judge’s order last month in a negligence lawsuit filed on behalf of Heather Landmeier.

Landmeier, now 27 and living in Illinois, is a former student and trainee of the facility, court records state. She graduated from the program and began employee training but was kicked out of the program in March 2008 after testing positive for drugs, court records state.

more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20120909_12_0_TheOkl693342
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 21:54 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Monday: Narconon seeks to block release of records of staff - Tulsa World
9 September 2012, 4:51 pm
By Jarrel Wade

The Oklahoma Supreme Court is considering a request to block a judge’s order for a controversial drug treatment facility to produce records on staff misconduct.

Narconon Arrowhead, a drug detoxification facility rooted in Scientology, filed the request to block the judge’s order last month in a negligence lawsuit filed on behalf of Heather Landmeier.

Landmeier, now 27 and living in Illinois, is a former student and trainee of the facility, court records state. She graduated from the program and began employee training but was kicked out of the program in March 2008 after testing positive for drugs, court records state.

more at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20120909_12_0_TheOkl693342

There's another article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20120910_11_A1_CUTLIN884521 with links to court documents.  Seems Narconon wants to keep everything sealed up in the Landmeier case, just like in the Desmond case.

Read a copy of Narconon’s petition to block a judge’s order regarding staff misconduct records.

Read the response on behalf of former patient and trainee Heather Landmeier.

And there's this about the open records in Oklahoma at Tulsa World too:
Limited access to online court records in Oklahoma may be Open Records Act violation
The Oklahoma Supreme Court has been asked to review whether a private contractor charging subscription fees for online court records and allowing only a select group access to them violates the state's Open Records Act.

Mike Evans, administrative director of the courts, said as a result of multiple complaints, he has asked the Supreme Court to look at the practice by state contractor KellPro. The company allows only Oklahoma Bar Association members to buy subscription access to online records in the 64 counties serviced by KellPro's ODCR court records system.

In those counties, residents can access court dockets online, but only Oklahoma Bar Association members can download the accompanying documents. KellPro charges a subscription of $50 per month or $600 per year.

more on that one at http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=12&articleid=20120910_11_A1_TeOlhm211950
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
A few things stood out for me in Smith's response to the Tulsa World:

1) He absolutely knows that staff have been caught using drugs and have been fired (though some just do an "ethics cycle"), and I would be willing to bet there IS documentation internally about one or more staff members who gave alcohol and/or drugs to a student or multiple students.  This I have no specific information of, but I'm sure someone who has left does.

2) He absolutely knows there have been staff who have had inappropriate (criminal) sexual contact with students, as well with trainees, who were recent graduates of the program.

3) He absolutely knows that trainees do in fact have close contact with students, as it is part of their mandatory training to work in the withdrawal area.  I'm sure that the personnel files (staff ethics files) show that the majority of cases of drug use and sexual contact with students has involved the trainees.  I bet Judge Bland saw this and was appalled.  This would be as revealing, if not more, than some of the documents released in the Desmond case.

How can Gary keep lying to reporters?  Unbelievable.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

That is an easy question to answer. What do you expect from another person lost to the scientology mind f---!

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person

If we could understand this, the walls would come tumbling down. 

What is going on in Mary Reiser's head? Same question as above, really.

Are they so brainwashed and deluded they truly believe this is for the greater good
or are they psychopaths
or are they being coerced and blackmailed? 

Or maybe its a blend of all three ...

I would love to understand this behavior.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
"Narconon Arrowhead CEO Gary Smith said the facility would contact authorities and press for charges against any employee caught using or possessing drugs.

"Our policy is firm and there is no tolerance," Smith said. "If that occurred, the person would be fired and we would file criminal charges." "

Is there any way to check local police records to see if any criminal charges have ever been filed for NN Arrowhead employee? Or if NN Arrowhead has ever reported anything to local police (other than to complain about protestors).

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Found these Narconon court cases for Pittsburg Co, OK

http://www.scribd.com/doc/105518208

Searched Pittsburg County Courts for "Narconon", etc at the On Demand Court Records website here:

http://www1.odcr.com/

It's a start.  :)

At least on this search, Narconon is the defendent for negligence in every case except one, where they are suing BHC, LLC (whoever that is) for negligence.

Maybe someone knows how to check Police records for records of Narconon filing charges against ex-employees. I agree with you that it seems it should be possible to check Gary's if/then statement:

"If that occurred, the person would be fired and we would file criminal charges."

even if Gary imagines no one will bother.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 16:43 by snippy »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
"Narconon Arrowhead CEO Gary Smith said the facility would contact authorities and press for charges against any employee caught using or possessing drugs.

"Our policy is firm and there is no tolerance," Smith said. "If that occurred, the person would be fired and we would file criminal charges." "

Is there any way to check local police records to see if any criminal charges have ever been filed for NN Arrowhead employee? Or if NN Arrowhead has ever reported anything to local police (other than to complain about protestors).

These will be more difficult to find unless you know the names of those charged. The charges will be brought by the county or state and Narconon is not likely to be listed as a party.

You might be able to request police reports for the address.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
They must have a record of employees they terminated.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

Maybe someone knows how to check Police records for records of Narconon filing charges against ex-employees. I agree with you that it seems it should be possible to check Gary's if/then statement:

I would ask the ex-pres of Narconon Arrowhead about this. There is a LOT more to this story than is being published by the local media and i mean A LOT!

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot

I would ask the ex-pres of Narconon Arrowhead about this. There is a LOT more to this story than is being published by the local media and i mean A LOT!

I would not think Luke would have that much knowledge of the Atlanta goings-on specifically, though we can hope? And I hope we are not asking too much of him, ya' know? He has already put a lot of effort into spreading reality (and even acquiring some, it seems) here, and elsewhere, istm... C{{O}}

'til next time;
wynot

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
I recall the sheriff saying, with a bit of frustration, something along the lines that his office had little contact with Narconon Arrowhead as they were usually policing themselves and didn't call him in unless they had to ( deaths ). Colin would know which TV video interview this was in.

CoolHand said
A few things stood out for me in Smith's response to the Tulsa World:

1) He absolutely knows that staff have been caught using drugs and have been fired (though some just do an "ethics cycle"), and I would be willing to bet there IS documentation internally about one or more staff members who gave alcohol and/or drugs to a student or multiple students.  This I have no specific information of, but I'm sure someone who has left does.

2) He absolutely knows there have been staff who have had inappropriate (criminal) sexual contact with students, as well with trainees, who were recent graduates of the program.

3) He absolutely knows that trainees do in fact have close contact with students, as it is part of their mandatory training to work in the withdrawal area.  I'm sure that the personnel files (staff ethics files) show that the majority of cases of drug use and sexual contact with students has involved the trainees.  I bet Judge Bland saw this and was appalled.  This would be as revealing, if not more, than some of the documents released in the Desmond case.

I agree. Good comment. From reports I have received on Arrowhead, staff drugs use and sex with students is a chronic problem
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Also similar to the Desmond Case - Western World Insurance is disputing their responsibility to provide coverage in the Landmeier Case.  This Oklahoma version is being discussed on WWP, here: https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-fights-request-for-employee-records-claims-staff-patients.105054/

A kind and generous anon has downloaded Western World's Complaint: https://anonfiles.com/file/f6ea1bfa7df05718ac7d012a3c652b74

Thanks, anon.

I'll also add a copy to alley, so if the anonfiles.com file goes away, there will still be a copy on the net:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/CIV-12-173-JHP-Landmeier/CIV-12-173-JHP-2012-04-17-WesternWorldComplaintForDeclaratoryJudgement-LandmeierCase.pdf

Here's the link to the similar action in the Desmond case: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11114.0.html

Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Good! Thanks.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
[Yahoo] Narconon Records Could Prove Employee Misconduct
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 05:03 »
Narconon Records Could Prove Employee Misconduct
20 September 2012, 11:12 pm

An Oklahoma drug rehab facility is being forced to hand over records that could possibly disclose that some employees are trading drugs in exchange for sex with patients.

More at http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=19601161&catId=112032

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 06:24 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
Re: [Yahoo] Narconon Records Could Prove Employee Misconduct
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 08:54 »
It is truly surprising that they have not already 'accidentally' lost or destroyed those documents |ooops|, like they have in so many other cases!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 09:06 »
I'm thinking if they even think about pulling the old, "They must have been misplaced.", game this time, the judge will come down on them like an "Acme" anvil on 'Coyote' in an old WB cartoon.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 11:13 »
I'm thinking if they even think about pulling the old, "They must have been misplaced.", game this time, the judge will come down on them like an "Acme" anvil on 'Coyote' in an old WB cartoon.
Well, in the Desmond case it's been taking 2 years to get certain records requested and then ordered by the Dekalb County state court to be produced from Narconon of Georgia and Narconon Int to the plaintiffs. 

These people specialize in delay, derail, distract, deny.

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 12:43 »
Its policy to do so.....

Well, in the Desmond case it's been taking 2 years to get certain records requested and then ordered by the Dekalb County state court to be produced from Narconon of Georgia and Narconon Int to the plaintiffs. 

These people specialize in delay, derail, distract, deny.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I merged a couple of threads. Please continue.
   Narconon Reviews