Author Topic: Pur Detox lawsuit  (Read 10316 times)

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
Pur Detox lawsuit
« on: September 18, 2012, 10:43 »
http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/09/18/50389.htm
Excerpts:
SANTA ANA, Calif. (CN) - A man tried to kill himself at a Scientology-affiliated detox clinic after its "purification rundown" took him off his prescribed medicines in a "quick taper," the man claims in court.
     William Sweeney sued Pur Detox, and Dr. Allan Sosin in Orange County Superior Court, alleging negligence, medical malpractice and negligent supervision...
After a 20-minute consultation with Sosin, Sweeney says, he was weaned off his medications, including the anti-opiate Suboxone and the anti-psychotic Seroquel....
  "Instead of monitoring an observing plaintiff, the staff member assigned to him went to sleep on another level of the residence. At approximately 6:00 p.m. plaintiff returned to the unsecured third-floor, went out onto the unsecured balcony through an unlocked and unalarmed sliding door, and attempted suicide by jumping off the balcony."

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Pur Detox lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:57 »
Thanks, who me? . 
This is just terrible. Seems like it's a pattern of negligence  with all the facilities, leaving patients unattended during detox.
http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/09/18/Scientology.pdf
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 09:26 »
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,3257.40.html

Pür Detox Hot News

If you are part of a group such as a Narconon, then this will work out much to your favor. Pür Detox's first purpose, as laid out by its founder, is to assist Narconon by expertly handling medical or psychotropic medications and then routing the addict to Narconon, as long as the person is qualified for Narconon services. This program is beneficial to Narconon Arrowhead as we can handle just about any type of non-street drug case. Once complete with their med detox then they are sent into Narconon Arrowhead to start the next phase of their program. Also, if Narconon has a cycle that doesn't qualify for Narconon, Pür Detox can accept them and help them end their addiction, thus the person isn't referred out and end up in psych hands again. Pür Detox will never accept a person who should be on the Narconon Program. We are experts at handling psych/medical drugs. Narconon handles street drugs. Its pretty clear cut. If someone arrives at Pür Detox and should be at Narconon, then we will send them onto Narconon. If Narconon has a person who should be at a medical detox, whether for a quick med detox or that the person isn't qualified for Narconon then Narconon will send them to us. This is a normal and is the way we work together. We are all on the same purpose lines and follow the same policies and Pur Detox is here for the long haul, so we are strict about this policy.

Per data to hand, there are a tremendous number of people that cannot make it to Narconon due to not being qualified either financially or due to medical drugs, pain meds for physical issues or simply don't have the time or money and want to just detox. Rounding up all of these dropped leads and ensuring they are sent over to us will then greatly improve your income brought in from referring cycles to us. Per reports, FSMC is not tracked very much by several Narconons as a source of income, yet the potential is there. So, if you were to post an FSM I/C and have them track the leads sent to us and you received the FSM Dividend then your gross income for Narconon could be greatly assisted thus creating an economy where everyone wins and more people are taken off of any type of drug. Together, we can win in handling any type of drug case.

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 09:41 »
We are experts at handling psych/medical drugs.

Even when they are prescribed to deal with serious conditions??

Who do these idiots think they are, some kind of god to mess with peoples lives that way????

Has the attorney in this law suit forwarded this to the appropriate state medical licensing board???
BigBeard

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 01:29 »
We are experts at handling psych/medical drugs.

Even when they are prescribed to deal with serious conditions??

Who do these idiots think they are, some kind of god to mess with peoples lives that way????

Has the attorney in this law suit forwarded this to the appropriate state medical licensing board???

I agree, BigBeard - - "they' just don't get it and keep on with the same dangerous practices.

Gosh, I hope someday soon somebody in a health or government agency in the USA does
something ,..., somehow to stop this insanity.

An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 11:49 »
Ok, this Orange County Org blog piece is incriminating... and unusual!
An admission about narconon being Scientology  .. sort of .
( Thanks to DeathHamster at WWP  "Church of Scientology of Orange Country offering drug detox "
https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/church-of-scientology-of-orange-country-offering-drug-detox.105272/ )

Mentions Pur Detox   

Could this actually mean that the church is now trying to start running Narconon as a spiritual program to eventually avoid licensing? Umm..

Sober Living in Orange County, CA Starts Now!

When one wants to fully detox from alcohol or drugs and start a new life of sober living in Orange County, CA, one is faced with two options. These options are based on the depth and severity of the drug and alcohol problem. Those two options are: 1) In patient care and 2) Detoxing without the necessity of a 24-hour care facility.

The Purification Program, a premier detox and cleanse program to greatly elevate one mentally and spiritually, is offered at the Church of Scientology of Orange County, CA. It is intended for those individuals that are ready to detox without the need of a 24-hour, in-patient facility. Many individuals can stop consuming alcohol and drugs, or already have stopped for some time, and want to live a better life while continuing to work and live in Orange County, CA. It is these individuals for which the Church’s facility is designed – to assist any individual who seeks not only sobriety but also a higher level of mental clarity and spiritual awareness.

Sober living truly goes beyond just stopping the consumption of drugs and alcohol, but also cleansing oneself of the accumulated drugs and toxins. Over the years, these toxin and drug residues build up in the fatty tissues of the body, much like plaque does on our teeth. Scientific studies have shown that these drugs and life-damaging toxins can stay lodged within our body for years, thus dulling our mental clarity. The Purification Program is fully detailed in L. Ron Hubbard’s book, Clear Body, Clear Mind. This book fully delineates all aspects of the Purification Program and how it is rendered. Moreover, the Church also sells other materials on the subject concerning drug education, such as the award winning DVD, The Truth About Drugs.

To date, over 250,000 people all over the globe have successfully completed the Purification Program to help them live a life of sobriety, as well as increase their mental clarity and spiritual awareness.

In-patient care programs, offered by organizations such as Narconon, also use the Purification Program as part of their sober living program. But Narconon is meant to be utilized by those individuals that require in-patient facilities and services. This is a sober living program that is best suited for those currently on drugs and who need the help of a recovery center and trained professionals who can provide 24-hour in-patient assistance.

Another variant of the in-patient facility is for the person who needs a medical detox. For those who are currently taking medically prescribed medications, it is important that one detox under the care of competent, medically supervised professionals. These individuals need to seek the help of a facility that uses licensed medical doctors for detoxing from prescribed medications. Such a detox facility is Pur Detox, located in South Orange County, CA.

Sober living is now possible, regardless of the individual’s current situation. The Purification Program has proven to be a highly beneficial and proven method to help people achieve a better, more sober life.
http://www.cleanseanddetoxprogram.org/blog/detox-programs/sober-living-in-orange-county-ca-starts-now.html

Sole Purpose Of The Purification Program

The Purification Program has as its sole purpose the handling of the restimulative effects of drugs and toxic residuals on a spiritual being. The Purification Program is a spiritual activity based on and administered according to the doctrine and practices of the religion of Scientology as set forth in the writings of L. Ron Hubbard and adopted by the Church. No part of the program is intended as the diagnosis, prescription for or treatment of any bodily or physical condition or ill. The Church is not responsible for the handling of any bodily or physical condition or ill, it being the responsibility of the individual to seek the competent medical advice and treatment of his doctor in such matters.
http://www.cleanseanddetoxprogram.org/sole-purpose-of-the-purification-program
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:54 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 13:28 »
So, 250,000 people have completed the purif?  That doesnt gel too well with the 14 million people they say are scientologists world wide.  The purif is a mandatory step of the bridge after all.  And does this number take into account the number of people who have done it multiple times?

Not only are they getting into the rehab field on this advertisement, but they are admitting that there are way fewer scientologist than they advertise.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 14:13 »
According to ADP http://www.adp.ca.gov/Licensing/pdf/Status_Report.pdf (search for Pur Detox) Pur Detox is licensed by ADP to provide 24-hour residential nonmedical alcohol and/or drug treatment.

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 14:58 »
8 million i meant.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 15:19 »
Interesting...from the California business entity search engine at http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/ using corporation name Pur Detox:

Data is updated weekly and is current as of Friday, September 14, 2012.
It is not a complete or certified record of the entity.

Entity Name:   PUR DETOX, INC.
Entity Number:   C3016334
Date Filed:   06/14/2007
Jurisdiction:   CALIFORNIA
Entity Address:   751 S WEIR CANYON RD #453
Entity City, State, Zip:   ANAHEIM CA 92808
Agent for Service of Process:   EUGENE MOORE
Agent Address:   2500 E. COLORADO BLVD #330
Agent City, State, Zip:   PASADENA CA 91107

Status Definition:

Suspended or Forfeited:  The business entity's powers, rights and privileges were suspended or forfeited in California 1) by the Franchise Tax Board for failure to file a return and/or failure to pay taxes, penalties, or interest; and/or 2) by the Secretary of State for failure to file the required Statement of Information and, if applicable, the required Statement by Common Interest Development Association.
BigBeard

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 18:46 »
Somebody emailed me today asking what I know about Pur Detox.  First and foremost it was started by Myles Binford, and OT VIII.  It began at a property he owns in Laguna Beach that was once the Church of Scientology Mission of Laguna Beach, which folded into the Orange County Org.  They then moved to rent the home in Dana Point that is mentioned in the article and put the other home up for sale, though not sure if it has sold or if Myles still owns it.  Pur is not licensed by ABLE, though I had heard that IHELP was possibly trying to get fees from them, as you know the church will not allow anyone to profit from church-related services without them getting a cut in some way, and I'm sure Myles can be bullied into it as a newly-minted OT Ambassador. Now THAT would be something, if there was a way to tie it to IHELP...

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 19:46 »
From Linkedin:

"Henry Diaz
Field Staff Member I/C at Pur Detox Laguna Beach
Orange County, California Area Health, Wellness and Fitness
Join LinkedIn and access Henry Diaz’s full profile.

Henry Diaz's Overview

Current
Field Staff Member I/C at Pur Detox Laguna Beach
Connections
1 connection
Henry Diaz's Experience

Field Staff Member I/C
Pur Detox Laguna Beach
Health, Wellness and Fitness industry
Currently holds this position"

Also from Linkedin:
Christopher Smith
Owner, PurDetox
Join LinkedIn and access Christopher Smith’s full profile.

Christopher Smith's Overview

Current
Owner at PurDetox
Connections
0 connections
Christopher Smith's Summary

The latest in Integrative Medicine, including vitamin IV drips, short term opiate replacements, customized sleep aids and sedatives, acupuncture; all based on your individual needs for complete detoxification with little or no discomfort.
Pur Detox is nationally acclaimed, including The National Health Federations, Physician Of The Year Award, and The Leonardo Da Vinci Award.
The doctors you will see specialize in anti-depressant, pain medication and opiate detox, with protocols for amphetamines. The wide range of programs offered includes: drug detox, alcohol detox, medical detox, sauna detox, and more.

Referrals to ethical, successful programs, for those wishing to continue their treatment.
Integrative Medicine means a faster, more comfortable detox than with medications alone.
No Group Therapy. Completely Confidential.
Our goal is your goal: for you to be 100% drug free, happier and healthier by the end of your stay with us and ready to move on with treatment or private therapy.

Complimentary pick-up and drop-off anywhere in Southern California including all major airports.
For more information, Go to http://www.purdetox.com
Specialties
executive recovery, executive detox, detox for executives, highclass detox, high-class detox, detox for the exec, upscale detox, upscale detox center, high class detox center, exec detox, detox for professionals, rapid detox, rapid detoxification, rapid detox center, rapid detox program, rapid drug detox, rapid alcohol detox, rapid drug detoxification, rapid detox services, prescription drug detoxification, prescription drug detox, prescription medication detox

Christopher Smith's Experience
Owner
PurDetox
Currently holds this position

Christopher Smith's Additional Information
Interests:
executive recovery,executive detox,detox for executives,highclass detox,high-class detox,detox for the exec,upscale detox,upscale detox center,high class detox center,exec detox,detox for professionals,rapid detox,rapid detoxification,rapid detox center,rapid detox program,rapid drug detox,rapid alcohol detox,rapid drug detoxification,rapid detox services,prescription drug detoxification,prescription drug detox,prescription medication detox

There may be ways to find who else is there and how they relate to each other and other scn entities.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 19:51 »
Miles at Linkedin:
Myles Binford
Owner at Myles Binford Enterprises, llc
Orange County, California Area Internet
Join LinkedIn and access Myles Binford’s full profile.

Myles Binford's Overview

Current
Founder & President at Pür Detox & Recovery
Owner/ Serial Entrepreneur at Myles Binford Enterprises, Llc
Past
VP at Evenstar Properties
Education
Saddleback College
Connections
185 connections
Websites
Company Website
Company Website
Myles Binford's Experience

Founder & President
Pür Detox & Recovery
February 2007 – Present (5 years 8 months)
Pür Detox and Pür Recovery is a nationally acclaimed non 12-step prescription drug detox and rehabilitation program that is dedicated to a single result: A person free from the mind-altering and life-damaging effects of addiction and chemical dependency.
Pür Detox and Pür Recovery is one of the most effective detox and rehab programs anywhere because it specializes in the handling of the most common reasons for relapse and addiction.
The residential program is based on medically sound support and cutting-edge techniques that truly rehabilitates the good-natured potential that each human being possesses.
You will not find any better program for prescription drug dependency than that offered at Pür Detox & Recovery.
Owner/ Serial Entrepreneur
Myles Binford Enterprises, Llc
June 2003 – Present (9 years 4 months) Orange County, California Area
I am primarily an entrepreneur in the Internet, medical, marketing & real estate fields. My specialty is finding opportunities, solving them with technology and wrapping in art. That is my entrepreneurial spirit.
Myles Binford Enterprises, Llc is my legal vehicle for launching startups and assisting my needs in doing so.

Though I spend the majority of my Time on Pür I do have the following projects I'm working on:

Income Architecture is my latest startup. It is a consulting company for small to medium size businesses. Income Architecture does just that: analyze the income of a business and using CRM, Marketing Automation and e-commerce, I construct an automated customer life cycle, pin-point areas of lost income and plug those holes and then find ways to create recurring sales boosting the revenue of the company. Income Architecture is designed to double the income of a company in 1 year and will not take on a project unless this is possible. This covers a wide range of business services such as internet marketing, web design, task automation along customer flow lines, e-commerce automation, proper social customer/prospect nurture sequence marketing and outsourcing. So, in a nutshell, I lower your overhead with automation and create new ways to make money in a short amount of time using advanced internet technology.
I also have launched Travel Valet, Concierge on Demand and Vacation Rental Butler which are virtual concierge companies in the travel industry.
Last but not least, the largest share of Pur Detox and Recovery is owned and operated by Myles Binford Enterprises, Llc.
VP
Evenstar Properties
May 2003 – February 2007 (3 years 10 months)

Myles Binford's Education
Saddleback College
Business
1993 – 1995

Myles Binford's Additional Information
Websites:
Company Website
Company Website
Interests:
I am a serial entrepreneur, addiction specialist, tennis professional, vagabond and lifestyle designer.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 19:52 »
And another linkedin:
Skye Logan
CEO at Pur Detox
Dana Point, California (Orange County, California Area) Medical Practice
Join LinkedIn and access Skye Logan’s full profile.

See who you and Skye Logan know in common
Get introduced to Skye Logan
Contact Skye Logan directly
View Full Profile
Skye Logan's Overview

Current
CEO at ur Detox
Past
CEO at Pur Detox
Connections
0 connections
Skye Logan's Experience

CEO
ur Detox
April 2012 – Present (6 months) DANA POINT, CA

The doctors administering the Pur Detox program are experienced specialists in handling the effects of alcohol, opiates and pain
medications, as well as street drugs. They are
also highly proficient in the latest Integrative
Medicine techniques, resulting in a more
effective, more comfortable medical detox than
with medications alone.
CEO
Pur Detox
October 1974 – April 2012 (37 years 7 months)

Skye also has a google+ blog: https://plus.google.com/109307206317482717520/posts
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 19:57 by who me? »

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 19:53 »
and another from Linkedin:
Rick Rosas
Detox Specialist at Pur Detox Laguna Beach
Join LinkedIn and access Rick Rosas’s full profile.

See who you and Rick Rosas know in common
Get introduced to Rick Rosas
Contact Rick Rosas directly
View Full Profile
Rick Rosas's Overview

Current
Connections
1 connection
Rick Rosas' Experience

Detox Specialist
Pur Detox Laguna Beach

Detox Specialist
Pur Detox Laguna Beach

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 20:10 »
Pur Detox NPI: www.hipaaspace.com/Medical_Billing/.../NPI_1194056358.pdf
including California license #300198AP
Office Manager: VANDUSAN, TOM

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 20:51 »

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 02:41 »
According to this http://www.adp.cahwnet.gov/pdf/Status_ReportJuly08.pdf ADP license 30198AP for the Pur Detox in Laguna Beach expired 08/31/2009 and the only Pur Detox listed in the California Business Entity search is the one in Anaheim with Entity Number: C3016334 that is in a "Suspended" status.

So if there a Pur Detox actually operating in California, it would almost have to be a DBA for another business entity. Or else it's operating illegally. Any thoughts on this??

BigBeard

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 05:47 »
According to this http://www.adp.cahwnet.gov/pdf/Status_ReportJuly08.pdf ADP license 30198AP for the Pur Detox in Laguna Beach expired 08/31/2009 and the only Pur Detox listed in the California Business Entity search is the one in Anaheim with Entity Number: C3016334 that is in a "Suspended" status.

So if there a Pur Detox actually operating in California, it would almost have to be a DBA for another business entity. Or else it's operating illegally. Any thoughts on this??

A more recent report has the expiration date for ADP license 30198AP for the Pur Detox in Laguna Beach as 08/31/2013. http://www.adp.cahwnet.gov/licensing/pdf/Status_Report.pdf

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 09:03 »
Okay, the ADP license is current but it looks like the address has changed. The old report showed Laguna, the latest one is showing Dana Point, neither of which is listed in the state Business Entity search engine.

So the question becomes, what Business Entity number and name are they operating under?? They have to have an entity number for state tax purposes, even if they are operating as 'non-profit'. And the only 'Pur Detox' in the system is the one in Anaheim that's suspended.

So are these guys operating under the radar or what??

BigBeard