Author Topic: Pur Detox lawsuit  (Read 10319 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Pur Detox lawsuit
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 19:53 »
Thanks.

But they have never been licensed as a medical facility. They would be in the  Narcotic Treatment Programs list if they were.

Complaints to ADP about this program are encouraged. Better to do the online form than a call but ether is fine.:

Licensing and Certification

If you wish to file a complaint about a registered or certified counselor or a licensed or certified alcohol or other drug service provider, please complete the Complaint Form and submit to ADP at the address or fax listed below. Additional information regarding filing a complaint is contained in the Toll Free Complaint Number and Provider Responsibility to Report Counselor Misconduct Letter (Dated March 24, 2010). You may also contact ADP at:

Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs
Program Compliance Branch
1700 K Street, Second Floor
Sacramento, CA 95811-4037
(916) 322-2911 (public number)
(877) 685-8333 (toll free complaint number)
(916) 445-5084 (fax number)
Email: LCBcomp@adp.ca.gov.

In addition, complaints may also be reported by telephoning the appropriate licensing branch listed below:

Program Compliance Branch
(for Residential Adult Alcoholism or Drug Abuse Recovery or Treatment Facilities)
Telephone Numbers: (877) 685-8333 (toll free) or (916) 322-2911

Field Operations Branch
Narcotic Treatment Program Unit
Telephone Number: (916) 322-6682

If you call or write, do provide links to case against Pur Detox, as well as any incriminating info about them running a medical detox program.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 09:02 »
Somebody emailed me today asking what I know about Pur Detox.  First and foremost it was started by Myles Binford, and OT VIII.  It began at a property he owns in Laguna Beach that was once the Church of Scientology Mission of Laguna Beach, which folded into the Orange County Org.  They then moved to rent the home in Dana Point that is mentioned in the article and put the other home up for sale, though not sure if it has sold or if Myles still owns it.  Pur is not licensed by ABLE, though I had heard that IHELP was possibly trying to get fees from them, as you know the church will not allow anyone to profit from church-related services without them getting a cut in some way, and I'm sure Myles can be bullied into it as a newly-minted OT Ambassador. Now THAT would be something, if there was a way to tie it to IHELP...

:FYI:
I HELP = International Hubbard Ecclesiastical League of Pastors

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 11:41 »
No doubt IHELP is involved. It's mandatory if one uses the 'tech'  as a part of their business services.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 23:04 »
I am hearing rumors of not paying employees. Other than wage and labor board, is there any recourse for these employees?

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 23:15 »
I am hearing rumors of not paying employees. Other than wage and labor board, is there any recourse for these employees?

Possibly this, but it would require proving legally that Pur Detox is Narconon: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11997.0.html

The complaint states:
It is the intent of this collective action to apply to all similarly situated employees of Defendants regardless of location, such that the scope of this collective action is nationwide and includes each and every State in the United States at which Defendants have been doing business within the three (3) year statute of limitations period between November 2009 and the present.

So anyone reading who has worked at ANY Narconon during that period of time may want to contact the attorneys in this case to be included:

Gregg I. Shavitz, Esquire (gshavitz@ domain below)
Keith M. Stern, Esquire (kstern@ domain below)
Shavitz Law Group, P.A.
1515 South Florida Hwy, Suite 404
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
Telephone: 561-447-8888
Fax: 561-447-8831
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 00:18 »
Mention of this case popped up on ESMB so I looked up the docket in Orange Co. Superior Court. It looks like this battle got ugly with amended complaints that added defendants, an attorney withdrawing and a cross complaint tossed in for good measure. Several jury trial dates were set and moved. Then finally this year (2015) they went into settlement and it was dismissed. Last major actions were as follows:

309    CLERK'S CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE BY MAIL OC GENERATED    02/24/2015

308    MINUTES FINALIZED FOR ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE RE: DISMISSAL ON SETTLED CASE 02/23/2015 08:30:00 AM.    02/24/2015

307    COURT ORDERS THE ENTIRE ACTION DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.    02/23/2015

306    CASE DISMISSED WITH DISPOSITION OF COURT-ORDERED DISMISSAL    02/23/2015    

305    AMENDED COMPLAINT DISPOSED WITH DISPOSITION OF COURT-ORDERED DISMISSAL.    02/23/2015    

304    NOTICE OF ENTRY OF DISMISSAL AND PROOF OF SERVICE FILED BY SOSIN, ALLAN; CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL; INSTITUTE FOR PROGRESSIVE MEDICINE; ZERMENO, M.D., GERMAN ON 02/20/2015    02/20/2015    

302    REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE - PARTY FILED BY SWEENEY, WILLIAM ON 02/09/2015    

300    CROSS-COMPLAINT DISPOSED WITH DISPOSITION OF REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL.    01/29/2015    

299    REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL FILED BY ZIMMERMAN, MARTIN V. ON 01/29/2015    01/29/2015    

297    CLERK'S CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE BY MAIL OC GENERATED    01/12/2015

296    MINUTES FINALIZED FOR MANDATORY SETTLEMENT CONFERENCE 01/08/2015 09:00:00 AM.    01/12/2015    

294    THE ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE RE: DISMISSAL ON SETTLED CASE IS SCHEDULED FOR 02/23/2015 AT 08:30 AM IN DEPARTMENT C26.    01/08/2015    

292    ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE RE: DISMISSAL ON SETTLED CASE SCHEDULED FOR 02/23/2015 AT 08:30:00 AM IN C26 AT CENTRAL JUSTICE CENTER.    01/08/2015

291    NOTICE OF SETTLEMENT FILED BY SWEENEY, WILLIAM ON 01/08/2015    

Participants:
ALLAN SOSIN    ATTORNEY       09/13/2012    
ALLAN SOSIN    DEFENDANT       09/13/2012    
CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL    DEFENDANT       04/24/2013    
GERMAN ZERMENO, M.D.    DEFENDANT       04/24/2013    
GLENN E LOGAN    CROSS - DEFENDANT       04/02/2013    
INSTITUTE FOR PROGRESSIVE MEDICINE    DEFENDANT       04/24/2013    
KRAMER, DEBOER & KEANE    ATTORNEY       01/14/2013    
LAW OFFICES OF GARY S. SOTER    ATTORNEY       07/16/2013    
LAW OFFICES OF GORDON G. PHILLIPS, JR.    ATTORNEY       09/13/2012    
MARTIN V. ZIMMERMAN    DEFENDANT       02/07/2013    
MARTIN V. ZIMMERMAN    CROSS - COMPLAINANT       06/05/2013    
PUR DETOX, INC,    DEFENDANT       09/13/2012    
PUR DETOX, INC,    CROSS - DEFENDANT       04/02/2013    
STEPHENS FRIEDLAND LLP    ATTORNEY       11/15/2012    
THOMAS VAN DUSEN    CROSS - DEFENDANT       04/02/2013    
WILLIAM SWEENEY    PLAINTIFF       09/13/2012    
WOLFE & WYMAN LLP    ATTORNEY       04/02/2013    

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 10:19 »
Thanks AnonLover, I've marked it as settled on Narconon Reviews:
http://narcononreviews.net/lawsuits/william-sweeney-v-pur-detox-inc-allan-sosin-md-does-1-50/
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 22:39 »
Thanks Ann and AnonLover! I spread the news on Facebook

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 18:33 »
California corporate status for Pur Detox: SOS/FTB SUSPENDED

Sounds nasty. Excellent!

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 21:36 »
SOS/FTB SUSPENDED is a double whammy:

SOS Suspended or SOS Forfeited:
    The business entity was suspended or forfeited by the Secretary of State for failure to file the required Statement of Information, and in the case of a domestic corporation that is an association formed to manage a common interest development, the required Statement by Common Interest Development Association.

Note: In the case of a domestic or foreign corporation, the Secretary of State suspension or forfeiture also may be due to the failure of the corporation to reimburse the Victims of Corporate Fraud Compensation Fund for a paid claim. However, in most cases, suspension or forfeiture by the Secretary of State is due to failure to file the required statement(s) as stated above. Further information about the type of Secretary of State suspension or forfeiture can be obtained by ordering a status report. For information about ordering a status report, see Information Requests.

FTB Suspended or FTB Forfeited:
    The business entity was suspended or forfeited by the Franchise Tax Board for failure to meet tax requirements (e.g., failure to file a return, pay taxes, penalties, interest).

SOS/FTB Suspended or SOS/FTB Forfeited:
    The business entity was suspended or forfeited by both the Secretary of State and the Franchise Tax Board as stated above.

The above is from http://www.sos.ca.gov/business-programs/business-entities/cbs-field-status-definitions/
BigBeard

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 22:43 »
I guessed that SOS was Secretary of State, but I figured that FTB was Fucked To Blazes or similar.  >:D

Now the question is: Are they closed or did they just pop another corporate shell at the same location?

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2015, 09:40 »
Interesting postscript to this case...

The lawsuit was filed mid September 2012, the settlement notice hit the docket in early January 2015. What happened in between? The fancy smancy Pur Detox residential facility property went on and off the market like pancakes on a hot griddle.

From Redfin (the BEST free acct site for commercial property records):
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Dana-Point/25071-Alicia-Dr-92629/home/4985313

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2015, 18:36 »
This thread has been noticed here:
http://www.allabouttrh.com/rhocs-brooks-ayers-slams-fans-allegations-hes-faking-cancer-and-is-a-child-molestor-are-fans-going-to-far-with-their-attacks/#comment-2345604

Not being a Real Housewives follower myself, I haven't a clue what was going on with this "German Zermeno, MD" chap wrt RH, but at least it got us a bunch of views on this thread/lawsuit.   :D

the dr and the “pur detox” got sued..and for some odd reason Scientology was involved..I will look for it again and upload it..maybe someone with legal experience can explain it to us..

Anyone want to give that a try?
   Narconon Reviews