Author Topic: Atlanta local channel 2 promotes their investigation into Narconon  (Read 40854 times)

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
I just saw the promo during the evening news. You can see it here:

http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/2investigates/

about 2/3s down the page.

Ooo-ooie!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: Atlanta local channel 2 promotes their investigation into Narconon
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 12:46 »
I just saw the promo during the evening news. You can see it here:

http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/2investigates/

about 2/3s down the page.

Ooo-ooie!

'til next time;
wynot

WhooHoo!

Monday at 5pm, Atlanta Channel 2.
Investigative Reporter Jodie Fleisher reveals secrets the program fought to protect.
Insiders blow the whistle on problems the state ignored for years.
And the connection to the Church of Scientology.

Looks like it will have interviews with Mrs. Desmond and Luke Catton.  I hope it will be available on the internet also.

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/2-investigates/lH8/

And now we dance!  With style!

V{}\H
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 13:01 »
Just a note for our compadres in other climes; WSB, local channel 2 is the largest and most watched local news operation in the large Atlanta viewing area. A headlined story by them will be seen by at least several hundreds of thousands of people in North Georgia. And odds are they will have companion stories in their local newspaper (Atlanta Journal-Constitution), and, more widely-reaching, on their 50,000 watt clear channel AM broadcasting arm, which (at night) can be heard by millions of people throughout the south-eastern US!

Aint that c00l! o--OL--o

'til;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 13:12 »
 o--OL--o  Thank you, wynot!!
There's Lucas Catton being interviewed, too!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 14:42 »
o--OL--o  Thank you, wynot!!
There's Lucas Catton being interviewed, too!
I gotta say... once Lucas decides its time to speak out, he sure goes all the way!
Good on ya, Lucas!

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 14:55 »
All I can say is it's about damn time the Desmond case gets media attention :) :) :)

I would be willing to bet that this will be more than a one piece investigation. And I bet it will work hand and hand with NN AH and Oklahoma media.
Respectfully,
CH

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 15:07 »
All I can say is it's about damn time the Desmond case gets media attention :) :) :)

I would be willing to bet that this will be more than a one piece investigation. And I bet it will work hand and hand with NN AH and Oklahoma media.

I bet you are right! The investigation in OK by the Pittsburg County DA is still pending the Medical Examiner reports on those who died. Some are being reviewed again but there are 2 lawsuits being filed this week by families and estates of Gabriel Graves and Stacy Dawn Murphy.

So between these two upcoming matters and this exciting WSU Channel 2 investigation, lots of Narconon 0:)--^^D
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 15:40 »
Woo Hoo! I agree with Colin. It's about time!

:^:^:^:E :::-O-:::  J:oT
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 16:50 »
 Networking. It is well worth the effort! ;)

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 17:18 »
Oh Yeah!!!!  ;)
Respectfully,
CH

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 17:41 »
Oh Yeah!!!!  ;)

You're good at it, too!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SomeonesSister

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 18:16 »
Haven't been on here in a while but I am sure I have missed out on alot.  My sister is worse off than I have ever seen her-spending $200 a day or so on crack.  Thanks NarCONon of Georgia.  Job well done.  I sent Mr. Ramsey Darwish as email and thanked him too.  I hope this place is some how put out of business and all involved are jailed.  I will be watching on Monday to see what they have found.  Will try to check the website more often.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 18:22 »
Haven't been on here in a while but I am sure I have missed out on alot.  My sister is worse off than I have ever seen her-spending $200 a day or so on crack.  Thanks NarCONon of Georgia.  Job well done.  I sent Mr. Ramsey Darwish as email and thanked him too.  I hope this place is some how put out of business and all involved are jailed.  I will be watching on Monday to see what they have found.  Will try to check the website more often.

I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, but glad you checked back with us. The media coverage looks to be very good.
-Dalai Lama

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 18:50 »
Oh Yeah!!!!  ;)

You're good at it, too!
Thanks....I have had the pleasure of learning from the best ;)
turns out Marisa with FOX25 personally knows the reporter from WSB
Respectfully,
CH

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 20:20 »

Hi SomeonesSister, nice to see you again.  I was wondering how things were going with you and your sister.  I'm sorry to hear things aren't good.   :( 

We would all love to see narconon closed down too.  There are some interesting new documents over in the Desmond thread that may just be enough to do that: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,8408.msg26302.html#msg26302

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 20:33 »
This story is expansive.  WSB tv and radio, and the AJC (newspaper) have conducted an extensive investigation and many interviews to put this story together.  I hope I was able to contribute somewhat, and am anxious to see the broadcasts and articles this coming week.  I must stay, I had the humbling experience of meeting Mrs. Desmond and Patrick's sister, and they were extremely gracious for all of you who have come to support their efforts for justice to be served.  Jeff Harris and his team are incredibly diligent and resolute (to borrow from the IAS...) in their efforts and no doubt this will in fact disprove all of the lies that have been told and hold those responsible accountable for their actions. I have come very late into this arena of standing up for truth regarding Narconon and Scientology, but I sure feel like full exposure and reckoning is near.

• High Value Target
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 22:18 »
I had the humbling experience of meeting Mrs. Desmond and Patrick's sister, and they were extremely gracious for all of you who have come to support their efforts for justice to be served. 
Thank you for sharing this little bit of insight with us CH. It really means a lot to many of us here.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 07:51 »
This story is expansive.  WSB tv and radio, and the AJC (newspaper) have conducted an extensive investigation and many interviews to put this story together.  I hope I was able to contribute somewhat, and am anxious to see the broadcasts and articles this coming week.  I must stay, I had the humbling experience of meeting Mrs. Desmond and Patrick's sister, and they were extremely gracious for all of you who have come to support their efforts for justice to be served.  Jeff Harris and his team are incredibly diligent and resolute (to borrow from the IAS...) in their efforts and no doubt this will in fact disprove all of the lies that have been told and hold those responsible accountable for their actions. I have come very late into this arena of standing up for truth regarding Narconon and Scientology, but I sure feel like full exposure and reckoning is near.

I just caught the teaser this morning on WSB tv; their investigative piece airs Monday at 5 pm. You can watch live at http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/

-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2012, 11:30 »

I just caught the teaser this morning on WSB tv; their investigative piece airs Monday at 5 pm. You can watch live at http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/

Thanks   :OV--*

• High Value Target
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2012, 12:32 »

I just caught the teaser this morning on WSB tv; their investigative piece airs Monday at 5 pm. You can watch live at         

http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/

Thank you for posting the live video link. Now many outside of Georgia can watch this expose'. I noticed there is also a comments section open for those who would like to share their thoughts on the matter.

http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/2-investigates/lH8/