Author Topic: Atlanta local channel 2 promotes their investigation into Narconon  (Read 40330 times)

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Re: Atlanta local channel 2 promotes their investigation into Narconon
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2012, 19:37 »
    The worn out and false allegations that you aired are also repeatedly stated by members of the “anonymous” group, made up of individuals who like WSB News, have never had any personal dealings with Narconon.

Then why are several families, who are not "anonymous" dragging NN Oklahoma in to court over essentially the same allegations?? Why was NN TR shut down in Canada for reasons very similar to those found at almost every narCONon in the US because of charges brought forward by someone who is not "anonymous"?? And I don't believe those members of the public who pushed to get docs released in the Desmond case were "anonymous".

So WTF is Mary Rieser and this 'Board of Directors' talking about??

BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2012, 19:43 »
Then why are several families, who are not "anonymous" dragging NN Oklahoma in to court over essentially the same allegations?? Why was NN TR shut down in Canada for reasons very similar to those found at almost every narCONon in the US because of charges brought forward by someone who is not "anonymous"?? And I don't believe those members of the public who pushed to get docs released in the Desmond case were "anonymous".

So WTF is Mary Rieser and this 'Board of Directors' talking about??

No, they are not anonymous. Mary continues to blow smoke. Lying has become a way of life for her, apparently.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2012, 20:21 »
PR spin, lol. Won't erase those stupid and cruel comments she made in the interviews.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2012, 20:58 »
oops. I see News Thetan posted a new thread in The News section about this already. Sorry.
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11623.msg26551.html#msg26551

Consider this as reference:

First  Atlanta Journal-Constitution article up!!
Posted: 6:00 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012

Norcross drug facility under new scrutiny

By Christian Boone
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/norcross-drug-facility-under-new-scrutiny/nSTF3/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 21:06 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2012, 23:05 »
oops. I see News Thetan posted a new thread in The News section about this already. Sorry.
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11623.msg26551.html#msg26551

Consider this as reference:

First  Atlanta Journal-Constitution article up!!
Posted: 6:00 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012

Norcross drug facility under new scrutiny

By Christian Boone
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/norcross-drug-facility-under-new-scrutiny/nSTF3/

It belongs here too!  \*/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2012, 23:49 »
Narconon of Georgia responds and Mary Rieser plays the "Anonymous" card.

The following is an email sent by Narconon Georgia's board of directors in response to the Channel 2 Action News investigation.

Date: October 4, 2012
To: Fleischer, Jodie
Subject:From the Board of Directors Narconon of Georgia

We are disappointed that the Channel 2 reports that aired in the last three days have been very misleading.  WSB News presented these reports as if they were based on recent news, when they arose from an incident that happened more than four years ago that is the subject of a current lawsuit.  We are especially surprised at what seems to be an attempt to try a case through the media, a practice, which to our understanding, is against the rules governing the actions of attorneys in the state of Georgia.

Contrary to your recent reports, the Narconon program is not about religion.  In fact, most of the students of Narconon Georgia are Christians who go to Church every Sunday.  Like other recovery programs, including Alcoholics Anonymous, we believe that faith is an important part of recovery and, while Narconon is a non-religious program, our staff have always encouraged our clients to practice their own personal religious beliefs.

Many people who work at Narconon understand the problem of drugs first-hand.  For example, Ms. Rieser experienced drug abuse in her own family 17 years ago and  was forced to face a situation that she and Narconon now help families face every day.  It is never easy as a parent to deal with a child who is abusing drugs and it is even more difficult to face the inner demons that can taunt one. “Was there something I should have done differently?”   “How could I have avoided this?” “Will it ever get better?”

The staff of Narconon, or of any rehab for that matter, know that ultimately, no matter what the cause of the addiction is, the success of any drug rehabilitation treatment program depends on the commitment and desire of the addict to recover from his or her addictions.  Any recovering drug addict will tell you that they know that the decision to stay clean is up to them.

This is why many Narconon students and families who viewed your recent reports have told us that they will continue to support us.  The vast majority of our students and their families know that our program is based on the facts of addiction treatment, education and recovery.  The sad thing is, many people really don’t care about drug addicts and have long ago written them off as some kind of scourge who are not worth helping.

However, Narconon and its staff have not and will not write drug addicts off, despite any and all efforts to try and convince them to do otherwise.  There are still too many that need real help.

The worn out and false allegations that you aired are also repeatedly stated by members of the “anonymous” group, made up of individuals who like WSB News, have never had any personal dealings with Narconon.

more at http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/letter-narconon-georgia-board-directors/nSTZ9/

Ha! What a crock of horse manure. The board of directors do not even have the stones to put their individual names in its response to the WSB expose'.

What is it with these scientologists anyway? Anonymous??? Give me a break. What on gods green earth does anonymous have to do with this?

Could someone please enlighten me? Am I not privy to some vast conspiracy or something? Sounds to me like the Narconon board of directors have been spending far to much time at a certain Kool Aid stand imho.
 @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo :-OP=\

Not once in their response to the WSB expose did they say anything about the tragic passing of Patrick W. Desmond while in THEIR CARE. Very telling,very telling indeed!

Offline loriisbored

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2012, 05:25 »
Narconon of Georgia responds and Mary Rieser plays the "Anonymous" card.

The following is an email sent by Narconon Georgia's board of directors in response to the Channel 2 Action News investigation.

Date: October 4, 2012
To: Fleischer, Jodie
Subject:From the Board of Directors Narconon of Georgia

We are disappointed that the Channel 2 reports that aired in the last three days have been very misleading.  WSB News presented these reports as if they were based on recent news, when they arose from an incident that happened more than four years ago that is the subject of a current lawsuit.  We are especially surprised at what seems to be an attempt to try a case through the media, a practice, which to our understanding, is against the rules governing the actions of attorneys in the state of Georgia.

Contrary to your recent reports, the Narconon program is not about religion.  In fact, most of the students of Narconon Georgia are Christians who go to Church every Sunday.  Like other recovery programs, including Alcoholics Anonymous, we believe that faith is an important part of recovery and, while Narconon is a non-religious program, our staff have always encouraged our clients to practice their own personal religious beliefs.

Many people who work at Narconon understand the problem of drugs first-hand.  For example, Ms. Rieser experienced drug abuse in her own family 17 years ago and  was forced to face a situation that she and Narconon now help families face every day.  It is never easy as a parent to deal with a child who is abusing drugs and it is even more difficult to face the inner demons that can taunt one. “Was there something I should have done differently?”   “How could I have avoided this?” “Will it ever get better?”

The staff of Narconon, or of any rehab for that matter, know that ultimately, no matter what the cause of the addiction is, the success of any drug rehabilitation treatment program depends on the commitment and desire of the addict to recover from his or her addictions.  Any recovering drug addict will tell you that they know that the decision to stay clean is up to them.

This is why many Narconon students and families who viewed your recent reports have told us that they will continue to support us.  The vast majority of our students and their families know that our program is based on the facts of addiction treatment, education and recovery.  The sad thing is, many people really don’t care about drug addicts and have long ago written them off as some kind of scourge who are not worth helping.

However, Narconon and its staff have not and will not write drug addicts off, despite any and all efforts to try and convince them to do otherwise.  There are still too many that need real help.

more at http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/letter-narconon-georgia-board-directors/nSTZ9/

Ha! What a crock of horse manure. The board of directors do not even have the stones to put their individual names in its response to the WSB expose'.

What is it with these scientologists anyway? Anonymous??? Give me a break. What on gods green earth does anonymous have to do with this?

Could someone please enlighten me? Am I not privy to some vast conspiracy or something? Sounds to me like the Narconon board of directors have been spending far to much time at a certain Kool Aid stand imho.
 @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo @u@ooo :-OP=\

Not once in their response to the WSB expose did they say anything about the tragic passing of Patrick W. Desmond while in THEIR CARE. Very telling,very telling indeed!

you are right! once the money dries up, the "student" is no longer their concern, and they must was their hands clean of them & their families. on to the next victim!

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2012, 13:20 »
Something Mary Rieser keeps saying, both in the lawsuit and to the news people, is that "they sign papers saying that they know the housing is separate" (or something like that).  What she doesn't say needs to be said.

These papers are signed after the clients arrive at Narconon, and are signed by the clients, not by the parents or the people who sent them there with high hopes.  The argument has been made that Narconon of Georgia serves adults, who are of age to enter a binding agreement. 

The problem is, when they first arrive at Narconon, clients may be in no condition to sign a contract.  They may be going through withdrawals.  They may have arrived without a means of leaving on their own.  Their loved ones may have sacrificed dearly to pay for drug rehab, and they don't want to disappoint that person or put them through any more problems.  Or the courts may have ordered them there and they will go to jail if they don't complete the program they chose.  Therefore, they may be confused and in a bind as to what to do, how to handle the news that the program that they've entered has a "housing is separate" agreement.

This is after people have already been told on the phone, or seen on a website, that Narconon of Georgia is a residential program.

How many people are aware of the intricacies of the licensing differences between "inpatient" and "outpatient", "residential" and "non-residential", and what "housing is separate" actually means in the context of the law? 

To me, a non-residential program would mean clients come to the program, and are free to go about their business, go where ever and when ever they choose to go, independently if they so choose, when they are not in attendance at the program itself.  And yet, Narconon of Georgia's clients are shuffled around in a van between the housing and the Narconon office, to and from the housing to the grocery store, to and from the housing to Walmart for supplies.

Could it be said that these clients, in the foggy state of mind that comes from withdrawal, in the confusion of having loved ones who've tapped every source they could to come up with the money, or simply not having an understanding of the legalities involved, have signed under duress?

They, as many people do, may not even read the papers they're given to sign, or they may not remember them later. 

After the client is in the program, their calls, if allowed, are monitored (I think the calls are monitored more closely than the clients themselves!).  If they tell their loved ones that they need to leave because {fill in reason}, someone at Narconon will tell the loved ones, "That's the addiction talking.  They just want to get out and use."  And how hypocritical  that is to say, when they don't even need to leave Narconon to use, they can easily get drugs or alcohol in the housing!  One person who wrote a Knowledge Report (KR), filed with the court documents, that said it was easier to get drugs at Narconon than it was "back home"!

Similar arguments could be made with regard to the disclaimer they sign about the large doses of vitamins.  It does say that the vitamin dosages are higher than what is recommended by the FDA.  But in the paper I've seen, it doesn't say anything about possible side effects of the vitamins, or what types of conditions a person might have that would contraindicate those dosages.  Furthermore, people addicted to drugs or alcohol are not exactly known for making the best decisions in regard to their health. 

These papers should be sent before they ever arrive at Narconon, and before any payment is made, especially given how averse Narconon is to giving refunds and how much trouble they put people through if they request a refund - even including a gag agreement to prevent people from telling anyone of their dissatisfaction with Narconon before they will provide a refund.   These agreements may require serious thought, something that a person in withdrawal is likely not capable of giving at the moment.  That way, the responsible person who is sending someone to Narconon would know they won't be getting residential, inpatient, round-the-clock care and monitoring, that they would be risking their health just to follow the "treatment" Narconon prescribes.

Documentation follows:

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-05-16-NNGAsBriefInOppositionToPlaintiffsMotionForSanctions.pdf

Students sign the agreement about Narconon of Georgia being "outpatient" once they've arrived at Narconon. 
Page 2 states:
... he (Patrick) enrolled in the Narconon program at NNGA on September 24, 2007 ...

To be fair, Pages 2 and 3 state:
Before beginning the Narconon program however, he was admitted to Peachford Hospital on September 21, 2007 for detoxification from alcohol.

so Patrick had been "detoxed" from alcohol.  That does not mean he was not still having cravings, fear of jail time, and concerns about the money that had been spent for the program.

On page 4, Narconon of Georgia's attorney states (bolding mine):
Patrick Desmond, upon initial admission to the NNGA program, also signed a Financial
Policy and Agreement Form, which specifically stated:
"Any supportive living arrangements are made with the facility of your choice. While Narconon of Georgia may provide a list of preferred providers, all financial and living arrangements are between the family and the facility of their choice."

Pages 53 and 54 (Exhibit A) are the agreement signed by Patrick Desmond on September 26, 2007.

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/GaDCH/2007-04-02-GaDCH-NarcononLegal.pdf
Page 83 contains notes made by DCH (as their former entity, DHR) that the vitamin disclosures should contain the lines:

"Taking dosages above the upper limit recommendations can result in ....  "
"Your dose will be ..."

Page 96 is a "Narconon of Georgia, Inc. Agreement to Participate in Sauna Exercise Program" form to be signed by both the student and Doctor, with an attached Vitamin Data Sheet.  It states:
I, _________________, have been informed by the staff of Narconon and by Dr. Lisa Robbing about any physical, mental, or emotional risks related to the Sauna/Exercise program and its related vitamin and food supplement regimen.  I have been provided with a data sheet which explains the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Recommended Daily Allowances for vitamins and food supplements, and Narconon and Dr. Robbins have explained to me that the Sauna/Exercise program exceeds these recommended allowances.  The excess amount results from incremental increases in vitamin doses as I progress throughout the Sauna/Exercise program.  I understand what has been explained to me and what I have read, and I hereby give my willing consent to fully participate in the program.

__________________________________ __
Student Signature and Date

__________________________________ __
Doctor Signature and Date

Attached: Vitamin Data Sheet

My questions:

In these massive amounts of documents, has anyone seen the Vitamin Data Sheet?  If so, can you point me to which document it is contained in?

If you have been to Narconon of Georgia, did you receive this Vitamin Data Sheet?

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 14:11 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2012, 17:49 »
The Vitamin Sheets appear in the DCH documents where DCH repeatedly attempted to get Mary Reiser to be specific about the dangers in the forms she gave clients to sign.

Look for files
Narconon Legal  Pt. 1.pdf
Narconon Legal  Pt. 2.pdf

I don't where they are, but they are in the first batch of DCH stuff and Exhibits for Desmond also (I think)

Offline Watcher

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2012, 17:56 »
One of the things that makes people think they were entering a residential program is that NNGa has had on their websites up until recently that they were a residential facility, both long and short term residential.  Web pages have been clearly misleading. With the internet at your finger tips, of course people are going to look for a facility that meets their requirements on the Internet.

This is an example that they have not changed yet http://atlantarecoverycenter.com/drug-rehab-centers/georgia-drug-rehab-centers/bainbridge-georgia-drug-rehab-center/ 3rd paragraph down. Also first paragraph after the heading "Drug Rehab Admissions in Georgia".

This is a website for "Atlanta Recovery Center" which looks to me to be an NNGa website since the only rehab referenced on this site is NNGa.

They can change the web pages to now read out patient but it doesn't change the fact that they have in the past advertised as a residential facility.

Also in regards to the contract clients sign, the wording of "supportive living" is misleading in my opinion. Anyone that has been in rehab knows the importance of support from peers going through the same thing.  Couldn't this mean that we will offer support if you go to the housing we prefer? Or....How many of us have sat there and had someone tell us what we are signing, ie: Oh this paragraph just means you are going to be staying at one of our living facilities, just put your initials here.  ;D  Even though clients have signed this contract many have still said they thought they were in a residential facility.  Wonder why they think that if it is so clearly spelled out as Mary Rieser says it is? In my opinion they have side stepped the issue every chance they could.

FYI I am not now nor have I ever been accociated with Scientology or Narconon.  I have had a realitive that went through drug rehab in Georgia, they went to Peachford, he has been drug free for over 20 years now.  It upsets me that places like Narconon exist and takes advantage of people when that are at their lowest.  Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom for people to get help and unfortunately when some hit that bottom Narconon aka Scientology is there with dollar signs in their eyes wanting to "help". 

???

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2012, 18:47 »
FYI I am not now nor have I ever been accociated with Scientology or Narconon.  I have had a realitive that went through drug rehab in Georgia, they went to Peachford, he has been drug free for over 20 years now.  It upsets me that places like Narconon exist and takes advantage of people when that are at their lowest.  Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom for people to get help and unfortunately when some hit that bottom Narconon aka Scientology is there with dollar signs in their eyes wanting to "help". 

???
You hit the nail on the head, Watcher. Narconon is taking advantage of people at their most vulnerable of moments. Initially, those involved with Narconon may have had good intentions. After multiple accounts of negligence and deaths, it's time for accountability. The entire scam is aimed at "money and recruitment" to quote Luke.

8:O8P|()
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Just wanted to put an ongoing list of articles on the Desmond case here

Letter from Narconon Georgia Board of Directors
WSB Atlanta-Oct 4, 2012
The following is an email sent by Narconon Georgia's board of directors in ... WSB News presented these reports as if they were based on recent news, when ...
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/letter-narconon-georgia-board-directors/nSTZ9/

Narconon of Ga. Investigation Part Three
WSB Radio-Oct 2, 2012
A young man comes to Atlanta for drug treatment and winds up dead of an overdose. His family is suing the facility he came to, saying it advertised itself as an ...
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/narconon-ga-investigation-part-three/nSRwz/

Things That Shouldn't Be
WSB Radio 6:53 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012
This memo, written in August, 2008, by Narconon of Georgia Executive Director Mary Reiser, is routed to the Directors of Inspection and Reports for Narconon International and Narconon Eastern US – as well as the Association for Better Living and Education (ABLE) Eastern US, which is a secular organization affiliated ...     
http://www.wsbradio.com/documents/2012/oct/02/things-shouldnt-be/   

Patrick Desmond OSA Report
WSB Radio 7:09 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012
Created less than 24 hours after Patrick Desmond died of a drug and alcohol overdose while a patient at Narconon of Georgia, this memo, written by executive director Mary Reiser, is clearly routed to the legal director of Narconon International, the executive director of ABLE Eastern US, the Director of ...
http://www.wsbradio.com/documents/2012/oct/02/patrick-desmond-osa-report/

The Narconon-Scientology Connection
WSB Radio-Oct 2, 2012
When Patrick Desmond died of a drug and alcohol overdose while a patient at Narconon of Georgia on June 11, 2008, one of the first things the organization's ...
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/narconon-scientology-connection/nSRr7/

State investigates Narconon Georgia after Channel 2 evidence
WSB Atlanta-Oct 2, 2012
A Georgia drug rehab program with ties to the Church of Scientology is now under a state investigation after Channel 2 Action News showed inspectors new ...
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/state-investigates-narconon-georgia-after-channel-/nSRsC/

Narconon of Ga. Investigation Part Two
WSB Radio-Oct 2, 2012
Yesterday....WSB introduced us to the story of 28-year old Patrick Desmond… who came to the Atlanta area from Florida in hopes of kicking his drug and alcohol ...
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/narconon-ga-investigation-part-two/nSRXy/

Narconon Debunked by its own Expert   :D
WSB Radio-Oct 1, 2012
Narconon describes itself as an “alternative” drug and alcohol rehabilitation program that emphasizes communication, self-control and drug-free detoxification in ...
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/narconon-debunked-its-own-expert/nSQ3t/

Narconon Under Fire
WSB Radio-Oct 1, 2012
The lawsuit filed by Patrick Desmond's family against Narconon of Georgia is one of several filed against the drug and alcohol rehabilitation program. Last month ...
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/narconon-under-fire/nSQ27/

2 Investigates: Patient death at Georgia Narconon
WSB Atlanta-Oct 1, 2012
Patrick Desmond's mother describes him as kind-hearted and good-natured, but the former Marine died at 28-years-old, losing a battle against alcoholism.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/2-investigates-patient-death-georgia-narconon/nSQwp/

Narconon of Ga. Part One
WSB Radio-Oct 1, 2012
Narconon is a non-profit organization that bills itself as an “alternative” drug rehab program. It's not a 12-step program… some of its teachings are radical… and ...
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/narconon-ga-part-one/nSQdL/

About this WSB Investigation
WSB Radio-Sep 30, 2012
WSB Radio News Reporter Pete Combs began investigating Narconon of Georgia after learning of the lawsuit filed against the drug rehab organization by the ...
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/local/about-wsb-investigation/nSQNF/

More from WSB TV ,  including videos documents
http://www.wsbtv.com/search/?q=Narconon

More from WSB Radio, including audiocasts & documents :)
http://www.wsbradio.com/search/?q=Narconon

Tony Ortega - Ortega Underground articles on this:

How much proof do reporters need that Narconon is a Scientology front group?
Scientology's drug rehab program, Narconon, continues to be mired in controversy over patient deaths and government investigations. But as that goes on and on, why are there still reporters and news organizations that seem nervous about explaining that Narconon is, first and foremost, an arm of Scientology? We take a look at the facts.
http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/2012/10/05/scientology-on-the-high-seas/

Scientology's Georgia drug rehab hit with double-barreled media onslaught
Narconon's nightmarish year continues as a remarkable media firestorm has started in Atlanta. We wrote earlier about Patrick Desmond's 2008 death and his family's lawsuit this summer, and were outraged by some of the deceptive Scientology practices outlined in court documents. Now, a coordinated expose by local radio and television is exploding this story in a remarkable way.
http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/2012/10/02/scientologys-drug-rehab-in-georgia-hit-with-double-barreled-media-onslaught/

Mark Bunker speaks and Atlanta burns
http://ortegaunderground.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/mark-bunker-speaks-and-atlanta-burns/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 08:43 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #113 on: October 05, 2012, 21:00 »

???
You hit the nail on the head, Watcher. Narconon is taking advantage of people at their most vulnerable of moments. Initially, those involved with Narconon may have had good intentions. After multiple accounts of negligence and deaths, it's time for accountability. The entire scam is aimed at "money and recruitment" to quote Luke.

8:O8P|()
They belong  ||||o||||
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 21:16 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2012, 21:13 »
Mary McC -  :-thanks-: for collecting these together.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2012, 21:18 »
Mary McC -  :-thanks-: for collecting these together.

:-thanks-: I edited the title so I can provide a fresh post on Facebook, too

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2012, 11:10 »
The 13 minute segment with Pete Combs on Sunday will be on at 9am on WSB Radio, AM 750, FM 95.5, or Internet at http://www.wsbradio.com/ Listen Live. 

Set your alarm clocks if you need to.   ;)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #117 on: October 06, 2012, 11:45 »
The 13 minute segment with Pete Combs on Sunday will be on at 9am on WSB Radio, AM 750, FM 95.5, or Internet at http://www.wsbradio.com/ Listen Live. 

Set your alarm clocks if you need to.   ;)
:){}{}{}

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2012, 09:14 »
9:12am I'm not hearing Pete Combs...  I'm hearing a show about money.  Not sure what happened.  I'll try to find out if it's been rescheduled.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2012, 09:58 »
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/state-law-could-change-after-channel-2-narconon-in/nSSjm/

Georgia's Department of Community Health Commissioner David Cook told Channel 2 investigative reporter Jodie Fleischer a dozen complaints filed during the past decade, and even Narconon advertising itself as a long-term residential facility, wasn't enough proof to take action in the past.

"I think this was a close call," said Cook, "Holding themselves out as a residential treatment center versus actually running one, I think, was an important distinction, legally."

He pointed out state investigators do not have subpoena power, and are often left to rely on facilities being truthful.

"Maybe this is one of the fundamental things that could come out of this case. They don't have a whole lot of teeth, to deal with these drug and alcohol facilities that aren't being candid with them," said attorney Jeff Harris.

Harris represents Colleen and Rick Desmond, who are suing Narconon over their son Patrick's death.

"Across this country, internationally, I would love to see every Narconon shut down," said Colleen Desmond.

Cook said he would consider asking legislators to include drug rehab facilities in last year's expansion of Georgia law toughening regulations on nursing homes.

"I think it's always good to take a look at things, I would not rule that out," said Cook.

"It's an issue that we're going to be looking at. I think there are a lot of facets both within licensing and in terms of other areas like fraud. Licensing doesn't regulate fraud," Cook added.

Health care attorney Brian McEvoy disagrees.

"In my experience, generally, fraud would be grounds for revocation of a license." He added that more investigation is needed.

"It is difficult to understand the reasons the state has taken the actions that it has, or more importantly has not taken any action," McEvoy said.

Wait, what?  Did Georgia's Department of Community Health Commissioner David Cook just say that Narconon of Georgia is committing fraud?
   Narconon Reviews