Author Topic: [Google] Narconon Freedom Center set for Red Ribbon Week celebration - Battle Creek Enquirer  (Read 6463 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Narconon Freedom Center set for Red Ribbon Week celebration - Battle Creek Enquirer
7 October 2009, 9:00 pm

Narconon Freedom Center set for Red Ribbon Week celebration

Battle Creek Enquirer

The Narconon program in Michigan is preparing to celebrate the oldest and largest drug prevention campaign in the country. Red Ribbon Week was initially ...

and more »

Source: scientology OR scientologist OR narconon OR miscavige OR criminon OR cchr OR freewinds - Google News

« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:16 by Raven »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Raven

article here:

The Narconon program in Michigan is preparing to celebrate the oldest and largest drug prevention campaign in the country.            

Red Ribbon Week was initially created to honor a Drug Enforcement Agent Enrique "Kiki" Camarena, who was killed by a major Mexican drug cartel while working undercover more than 29 years ago. Today, the observance is a nationally-recognized event to help preserve the memory of Camarena and to support demand reduction efforts across the country. The week of events will start on October 17th through the 25th of the month.

Many will remember the day by wearing a red ribbon to show their own pledge against drugs and to pay homage to Agent Camarena and others who have made sacrifices to stop drug abuse and trafficking. In addition, many drug rehabilitation and prevention organizations will be gathering and educating as many people as possible about the dangers of drug abuse.
One group that is and has been participating in this day for several years is Narconon Freedom Center. A residential drug and alcohol rehabilitation program located in Albion, Michigan, Narconon Freedom Center is planning on delivering drug education talks to many local groups in the area during Red Ribbon Week.

“We are going to be out in the community talking about the dangers of drugs to stop people from using in the first place,” explains Megan Werner Brennan, Dissemination Supervisor at Narconon Freedom Center. “But we are also promoting that successful recovery from addiction is possible with the right drug treatment to those who are already addicted and need help.”

The Narconon program has been in operation for more than 7 years in the state of Michigan and has helped several thousand people successfully recover from drug and/or alcohol abuse both in the state and throughout the northeast and Midwest. The program achieves a more than 70% success rate for permanent sobriety from addiction and also provides successful drug preventions talks to help the community.
The goal of Narconon Freedom Center is to help end drug addiction, and drug education is vitally important to prevent substance abuse in the first place.

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu
I was just informed that another former student then employee of Narconon freedom center passed away two days ago of a dry overdose!!! His name was josh brittingham just more proof that the program is shit!! I was a student with josh he happens too be the forth or so former student I was there with who have passes due to overdoseing this is just so sad

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I was just informed that another former student then employee of Narconon freedom center passed away two days ago of a dry overdose!!! His name was josh brittingham just more proof that the program is shit!! I was a student with josh he happens too be the forth or so former student I was there with who have passes due to overdoseing this is just so sad

Incredibly sad, Escapee.

Is this him?

http://brentwoodfuneralservices.com/obits/munford/2013/06/26/joshua-kazuya-brittingham/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 21:04 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target

I'm sorry to hear this, Escapee.   :'(   Narconon steals people's chances of recovering at a real rehab, and if by some chance someone does get clean at Narconon, then Narconon steals their "win" and claims it as their own success (instead of the person's who earned it).

Was he at Narconon when this happened, or had he already left?  And apologies for my ignorance, but what is a "dry overdose"?
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu

Incredibly sad, Escapee.

Is this him?

http://brentwoodfuneralservices.com/obits/munford/2013/06/26/joshua-kazuya-brittingham/

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu
So srry I haven't replied yes that is josh who passed away! That's his Facebook page. And "dry" was a typo I meant to type drug overdose

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Thank you, Escapee. This is so sad... what a bright future he had ahead of him. I can't even imagine what a conflict he must have felt because of Scientology/Narconon anti-psych indoctrination.  Bet they convinced him that his field of work was too suppressive - hence his going to work for them. Glad his parents don't mention him having worked there, brief as it was.

Munford Chapel Ebituaries
Joshua Kazuya Brittingham
June 26, 2013

Munford - JOSHUA KAZUYA BRITTINGHAM, 30, died June 25, 2013 at his residence. The family will receive friends from 12 p.m. until service at 2 p.m., Saturday, June 29 at Munford Funeral Home, Munford Chapel. Interment in Helen Crigger Cemetery. Mr. Brittingham received his masters degree in Cognitive Science and was Adjunct Professor at Victory University. He leaves his parents, David and Junko Brittingham; grandmother, Chiyo Arakaki; grandfather, David Brittingham; two sisters, Michelle Piedra and Cynthia Brittingham; and a niece and nephew. Munford Funeral Home Munford Chapel (901)837-0123 brentwoodfuneralservices.com
Published in The Commercial Appeal on June 28, 2013
- See more at: http://brentwoodfuneralservices.com/obits/munford/2013/06/26/joshua-kazuya-brittingham/#sthash.KQk21kDR.dpuf

Do we have any other details about his work there? How long, etc?
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I've started another list of people on the Narconon Deaths thread (first post), people who overdosed after attending Narconon.  I put Josh on it, and will add more when I can.  More details about the addition of the Overdose list here: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,402.msg33187.html#msg33187

Also, I'm moving this thread to the Narconon in Michigan section, where it belongs.  I must have missed it when I did the big "re-categorization" a while back.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline lastvestige22

• On the path to knowledge
Thank you, Escapee. This is so sad... what a bright future he had ahead of him. I can't even imagine what a conflict he must have felt because of Scientology/Narconon anti-psych indoctrination.  Bet they convinced him that his field of work was too suppressive - hence his going to work for them. Glad his parents don't mention him having worked there, brief as it was.

June 26, 2013

Munford - JOSHUA KAZUYA BRITTINGHAM, 30, died June 25, 2013 at his residence. The family will receive friends from 12 p.m. until service at 2 p.m., Saturday, June 29 at Munford Funeral Home, Munford Chapel. Interment in Helen Crigger Cemetery. Mr. Brittingham received his masters degree in Cognitive Science and was Adjunct Professor at Victory University. He leaves his parents, David and Junko Brittingham; grandmother, Chiyo Arakaki; grandfather, David Brittingham; two sisters, Michelle Piedra and Cynthia Brittingham; and a niece and nephew. Munford Funeral Home Munford Chapel (901)837-0123 brentwoodfuneralservices.com
- See more at: http://brentwoodfuneralservices.com/obits/munford/2013/06/26/joshua-kazuya-brittingham/#sthash.KQk21kDR.dpuf

He was only employed very briefly in the WD unit. He was let go for having a relationship with a student.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

June 26, 2013

He was only employed very briefly in the WD unit. He was let go for having a relationship with a student.

That's ironic because so other staff have had relationships with students or new interns/ staff and all they had to do was conditions. I could name names but I won't. You wouldn't believe the reports I get.

I guess being a newbie staff, Josh must have not been willing to do conditions or go to Battle Creek Org for a handling like most staff are made to do.

So, are you a former patient? Are or were you on staff? You don't have to answer that. I understand the need for anonymity. The internet is the Liberty Tree and this forum is here to help people get information to help form the full picture. Glad to have you here, no matter what.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline lastvestige22

I sent you an email.

Regarding the rest, Josh was questioned repeatedly about the relationship, and repeatedly denied it. When i came out as true, there was no other option.

Also, he wasn't well liked and hadba Psych background, both of which worked against him, as it typically does at Narconon

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu
I sent you an email.

Regarding the rest, Josh was questioned repeatedly about the relationship, and repeatedly denied it. When i came out as true, there was no other option.

Also, he wasn't well liked and hadba Psych background, both of which worked against him, as it typically does at Narconon

i knew them both and had talked to them both a lot and it seems he was let go more on the lines of not being liked...because of his background as well as other things i mean its ok for bk to hook up with girls as soon as they graduate.....kind of disturbing that whole place runs on hearsay

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
^^^ yes, beware of the heresay from Narconon staff about a student or staff member suddenly gone. I have received quite a few complaints from parents who found that their kid got booted because he kept talking critically about the scientology connection or urging others to look at the internet. God knows what they said about these people after they left.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Welcome to Tipping Point, lastvestige22. 

Sorry I missed saying that the other day when you first arrived.   :)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline FreeAtLast

Josh was well liked amongst staff, in fact he was seen as a shining success story BECAUSE he was a "psych".  He was fired for having relations with a client.  A no no even by Narconon standards.  He was a good guy otherwise.

Offline lastvestige22

Not by the most senior people.

Offline FreeAtLast

We will just have to agree to disagree

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
kind of disturbing that whole place runs on hearsay

Hearsay is what happens when communication is poor or non-existent.  People have no choice but to speculate.  Pretty ironic when you consider that Book 1 is the Communications Course.   :(
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu

Hearsay is what happens when communication is poor or non-existent.  People have no choice but to speculate.  Pretty ironic when you consider that Book 1 is the Communications Course.   :(
[/quote]

Well we already know they all have poor confronting skills lol like the inability to confront the fact that this stuff does not work for addiction let alone normal life ha ha