Author Topic: [Blog] Scientology’s Citizens Commission on Human Rights  (Read 1117 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Scientology’s Citizens Commission on Human Rights
22 December 2012, 12:14 am

http://www.examiner.com/article/scientology-s-citizens-commission-on-human-rights-1On

December 18, 2012, the Quebec Human Rights Commission completed its “Investigation Summary of Facts” report concerning Scientology’s Narconon Trois-Rivières drug rehab facility and forwarded the report to the complainants who live in various parts of Canada. Nicholas Köhler, senior writer for Maclean’s Magazine, mentioned this investigation in an eleven-page feature story entitled “Scientology’s Plan for Canada” in the October 8, 2012 issue of Maclean’s.

Köhler interviewed victims and experts from across the nation, as well as a Quebec Human Rights Commission spokeswoman who confirmed that the Commission “is investigating five complaints, including one for sexual harassment and another linked to reprisals for filing a complaint with the commission.”

Exploitation of and discrimination against patients while they were at Narconon Trois-Rivières constitute the main thrust of the human rights violations alleged under sections of the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms.

Due to confidentiality requirements and the need to preserve the integrity of the cases and ongoing investigations, no comments can be made at this time about specific alleged violations of human rights and freedoms.

As the Quebec Ministry of Justice website says:

“The Quebec Human Rights Tribunal consists of at least seven members appointed by the government, namely a president chosen from among the judges of the Court of Québec and six assessors, all selected for their experience, expertise, sensitivity and interest in matters of human rights and freedoms.

“As a specialized tribunal, the Human Rights Tribunal has jurisdiction to hear and rule on complaints concerning discrimination and harassment grounded on one of the motives prohibited under the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms. It can also hear cases concerning the exploitation of elderly people and people with disabilities as well as matters concerning affirmative action programs.”

http://www.justice.gouv.qc.ca/english/tribunaux/trib-droi-a.htm

Scientology’s own Citizens Commission on Human Rights appears to be one church entity that contradicts religious doctrines more than any of the other Scientology shadow front groups. It purports to be based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights declaration, which states that: “All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.” (Article 7).

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml

However, L. Ron Hubbard’s own words contradict this. For example: “The goal of the Department [DEPT OF GOVT AFFAIRS] is to bring the government and hostile philosophies or societies into a state of complete compliance with the goals of Scientology. This is done by high level ability to control and in its absence by low level ability to overwhelm. Introvert such agencies. Control such agencies. Scientology is the only game on Earth where everybody wins.” — L. Ron Hubbard, HCO Policy Letter

http://www.gerryarmstrong.org/50grand/cult/pl-dept-govt-affairs.html#goal

Or this: “Somebody someday will say ‘this is illegal.’ By then be sure the orgs [Scientology organizations] say what is legal or not.” — L. Ron Hubbard, HCO Policy Letter

For decades, this so-called “church” has been accused of human rights abuses, many insisting that “Scientology is nothing more than a deceptive, dangerous cult” which cloaks itself under the disguise of numerous social betterment groups that claim they are healing suffering and saving the planet.

The Church of Scientology is a convicted criminal organization that has a long history of hatred for psychiatry and pharmaceutical companies and has waged an unprecedented hate campaign for decades — hardly a religion that holds human rights dear.

A recent Church of Scientology International online “Freedom” magazine article claims that “The Church of Scientology’s revolutionary social betterment programs in the fields of drug education, human rights awareness, moral resurgence and disaster relief now stand in testament of that focus. They are utterly unique, indisputably cutting edge and most importantly—effective.”

Former Radio Canada television journalist Alexandre Dumas, as seen in the 2008 video embedded in this article, “Narconon Trois-Rivières and Scientology,” reported that Narconon was first established in Montreal in 1996. “Predatory Cults are present in Quebec,” he said, and “drug addicts and their families are perfect victims.”  Notable in this video is the then director of Narconon Trois-Rivières, Sylvain Fournier, stating that Narconon’s treatment “rebalances the person’s body” — “we give them enormous amounts of vitamins…”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIHnhvifVh0

Unfortunately, and this is a disturbing tragedy, the subject victim in this video, Madeleine Genesse, died following her Scientology Purification Rundown. Genesse is quoted as saying: “Narconon and Scientology come from the same place. They come from the same founder. To say that Narconon is one thing and the Church of Scientology another would be a lie.” She blamed the Purification Rundown as a contributing factor to her terminal end-of-life prognosis.

With tearful emotions, Genesse said: “If what I’m telling you about what happened can help inform others, it will at least be worth that.” Madeleine Genesse passed away shortly after the program aired on television in Quebec.

In the video, ex-Narconon director Sylvain Fournier said: “We have no psychologist; we have no psychiatrist on site.” Fournier went on to deny any connection with Scientology and insisted that “there is no religious aspect to our program.”

However, another ex-Narconon Trois-Rivières director, Marc Bernard, stated to reporter Paule Vermot-Desroches from newspaper Le Nouvelliste: “…..”We have a qualifications department that offers a self-correction system for our employees and it always aims to help a person improve. We all have moments of oppression in our life and we can be distracted by oppression. This is when negative things happen to us and this is why the method encourages ‘disconnection. This is what is taught in the writings that we work with.”

Disconnection from Suppressive Persons is taught to patients at Narconon and is one of Scientology’s religious doctrines.

According to reporter Kathy Tomlinson of CBC TV’s The National, another Narconon Trois-Rivières spokesperson, André Ahern, Director of Legal Affairs, “said he is a Scientologist and that Narconon uses the teachings of Scientology in its program.”

So much for Fournier denying that Narconon teaches Scientology and that Narconon and Scientology are separate. In fact, all eight Narconon program books are 100% Scientology religious doctrines, verbatim — different cover, same cult indoctrination. Once the Quebec Human Rights Commission has rendered its final decision, more evidence documents will be published.

Scientology’s Citizens Commission on Human Rights is another kettle of fish altogether. Its mandate/crusade is to attack the mental health industry, including psychiatric medication and those who prescribe and produce it. Being a Scientology entity, the US Internal Revenue Service granted CCHR tax exemption in 1993 as part of an agreement with the Church of Scientology International and the Religious Technology Center (RTC) under which the RTC took responsibility for CCHR’s tax liabilities.

Working hand in hand with another Scientology entity, the Foundation for a Drug-Free World (The Truth about Drugs), which gives lectures about drugs, the CCHR focuses mainly on prescription drugs. Both are a danger to the health and welfare of society. The Truth about Drugs campaign presents itself as a social betterment group which gives information to children about the harms of illegal drugs, while, in fact, stating that “all drugs are poisons,” including psychiatric medication.

The CCHR concentrates on psychiatric drugs and insists that “Church of Scientology members are required to sign release forms pledging to forgo psychiatric treatment and absolving the church of any responsibility for harm resulting from the lack of such treatment.” Hubbard claimed that psychiatry was responsible for all of society’s ills, and, by 1964, he was accusing psychiatrists of being murderers.

Herein lies the dangerous cult practices that have contributed to countless deaths over many decades. Scientology has walked a fine line of practicing medicine without a licence for many decades, leaving a trail of corpses, grieving loved ones, and psychotic breaks.

A website called “Why Are They Dead, Scientology?” exposes a long list of deaths of church members and others and points a finger at the insidious doctrines of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights and the dangerous cult practices of Scientology.

http://www.xenu-directory.net/mirrors/www.whyaretheydead.net/

Following a psychotic break, “On December 5, 1995, Lisa McPherson died. Scientology had held her against her will for 17 days. During that time, she tried to leave, became violent, and refused to eat.”

“Pius Keel, a confirmed Scientologist of 22, ended his stay at the Schliersee tragically. He got himself into deep debt for his community. After some time at Narconon he complained to his mother about the barefaced swindle. Narconon is only about money, he said. On September 14, 1990, after less than two months at Narconon, Pius packed his bags and threw himself under a train.”

“A Sea Org member of ten years plus, Diane Morrison, who was approximately 30 years old, had been diagnosed with cancer. Scientology is paranoid about X-rays and gamma rays, and they refused to let Diane get chemotherapy. The two Scientology doctors, one was LRH’s personal physician–N.B. LRH is dead too…, prescribed a course of vitamin therapy and auditing to cure Diane’s cancer.”

“According to the records, Heribert P. died August 28, 1988, during the night from a heavy epileptic attack. He hit his head on the night table. The Scientology doctor reports that he prescribed vitamins for his patient despite regular attacks — instead of treating him with proper medication. Such medication was indeed not detected in his blood during the post-mortem examination.”

Here is an audio recording in which L. Ron Hubbard himself conveys his ignorance regarding epilepsy:

http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=4u7wNZtR7es

While chatting with me yesterday, Tory Christman reiterated her story that was published here:

http://number6enturb.wordpress.com/tag/l-ron-hubbard/

In 1971, she joined Scientology’s “elite” upper echelon, the Sea Organization, and was ordered to stop taking her anti-seizure medication and start taking vitamin pills instead. Inevitably, she started having seizures which increased in number and in magnitude. She states in an affidavit written in 2001:

“This went on for I think 3 months. I was losing my memory due to all of the seizures. I would wake up in the morning and try to dash into the refrigerator. Daily I would have a petit mal (small seizure), and come to with all of the vitamins spread out all over the kitchen floor. The lady I was renting a room from had two children. Constantly they would come in and find me on the floor, and yell, ’Mommy, Tory dropped her vitamins again.’

This woman was one of the kindest people to me, and I will never forget her. Her name is Mary Jessup, and she was married previously to Nate Jessup. All during this time the Scientologists were very evaluative to me, and many treated me like a leper, but not Mary. She was always very compassionate. She had left Scientology some time earlier. “Finally one morning in the shower I knocked my front teeth out during a grand mal seizure. All during this time my mother was begging me to go back on all of my medication. Being new in Scientology, I assured her Dianetics and Scientology would handle this. Finally, after so many seizures and so much trauma, I realized no matter what these people thought, I wasn’t going to live if I kept doing this. At that point I decided to go back on my medication in full, no matter what.”

Yesterday, Tory added: “Another person with epilepsy fell for their medical abuses, got off of his meds for epilepsy and is D E A D. They are practicing medical abuse DAILY.”

While at Narconon Trois-Rivières, David Love witnessed patients having seizures and being taken away to the hospital emergency ward because they were not appropriately treated for their medical condition.

In a media interview shortly after the Quebec Health Ministry forced Narconon Trois-Rivières to shut down in April 2012, Sylvain Bérard, the former Ethics Officer, stated that, because of the centre’s financial problems, “in recent months, the organization had even been admitting clients with more serious problems of a psychiatric nature. Some of these cases weren’t admissible to the program because it requires cutting off their medication. But the administration chose to keep them anyway. There were several instances of attempted suicide during the past few months. By law, immediate medical assistance should have been provided, but management decided to keep these persons without calling for an ambulance.”

Scientology’s anti-psychiatry platform and attacks concerning medication prescribed to help the suffering cope in society — especially the agenda of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights — is an obvious danger to the public. Perhaps L. Ron Hubbard himself best explains the thinking of this insidious cult in his famous bulletin entitled “Keeping Scientology Working:”

“You’re here so you’re a Scientologist. Now we’re going to make you an expert auditor no matter what happens. We’d rather have you dead than incapable.” — L. Ron Hubbard

However, as Justice John Latey wrote in his 1984 High Court of London decision in re B and G, Wards: “Scientology is both immoral and socially obnoxious… it is corrupt, sinister and dangerous. It is corrupt because it is based on lies and deceit and has its real objective money and power for Mr. Hubbard… It is sinister because it indulges in infamous practices both to its adherents who do not toe the line unquestioningly and to those who criticize it or oppose it. It is dangerous because it is out to capture people and to indoctrinate and brainwash them so they become the unquestioning captives and tools of the cult, withdrawn from ordinary thought, living, and relationships with others.”

What other Judges and others have said about Scientology:

http://www.bible.ca/scientology-judges.htm

David Edgar Love

Source: Narconon Industry of Death

In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.