Author Topic: New Evidence That Best Drug Rehabilitation is a Narconon and Scientology Pgm  (Read 8433 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
The following information is being posted to document Best Drug Rehabilitation Center of Michigan as being a scientology based program licensed by Narconon. This info has been shared appropriately with others interested in this connection.

This information supports the many claims by victims of Best Drug rehab center ( BDR) that they were made to study scientology.

Scientology Communication Training Drills/course - BDR is using them
Note the Communications Course components, the use of the word 'drills' and the Narconon copyright and symbol at the midway down. See attached copy
http://www .bestdrugrehabilitation.com/treatment-program/communication/

Narconon's Theraputic TRs course book ( the secular book of these drills ) same content, different typeset and cover)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6nxlq1drI2SYmEyZGVmZWEtOWMyZS00NDZiLWE1ZDktNjE3NTNjMjkzMDM4/edit?pli=1

The link to the gold jumping man symbol on that page, not showing in printed copy of page but visible at the site.
http://www .bestdrugrehabilitation.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/jumping-man.png

It is owned by RTC, who contracyts it out to Association for Better Living and Education, the group that licenses marks to scientology secular programs lke Narconon
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/irs/able.php
http://www.xenu-directory.net/documents/corporate/irs/1993-1023-able-exhibit-k.pdf

© 2007 Friends of Narconon, Intl. All Rights Reserved. Narconon, the Narconon logo, and the Narconon "Jumping Man" logo are trademarks and service marks owned by Association for Better Living and Education International and are used with its permission.
http://www .friendsofnarconon.org/news/latest_news/friends_of_narconon_president%27s_briefing--issue_90/

Copyright © 1995-2013 Friends of Narconon, Intl.  All Rights Reserved.
Narconon, the Narconon logo, and the Narconon "Jumping Man" logo
are trademarks and service marks owned by Association for Better Living
and Education International and are used with its permission.
http://www .friendsofnarconon.org/news/latest_news/friends_of_narconon_president%27s_briefing--issue_90/

Narconon Trademark , included the symbol on several
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4010%3Aynak1m.1.1&p_search=searchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PARA1=&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2&p_s_PARA2=Narconon&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op_ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_search=Submit+Query

Edit: Copy and paste the broken links into your browser, and remove the space between www and the first dot to visit the Narconon sites.  --ec
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:33 by ethercat »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Thanks, Mary! This is very useful.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
What about afr and tranquility?
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
What about afr and tranquility?

Working on it, lol  ;D
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BMF

UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Hehe!  ;D . I figured you were, lol

Thanks, mefree :)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Mary, I am going to break your direct links, so we don't tip them off that we're onto them by leaving TP as a referring site in their server logs.  One thing people do, even if they don't fully analyze their web stats, is to look and see where their hits are coming from. 

Great finds, though!
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Oh, I forgot about that with the links. Thanks...

Offline BMF

I had to look at the site.  Per Wickstrom claims to have been a professional boxer now.  He made a hilarious video about his boxing gym in battle creek.  A must see.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I had to look at the site.  Per Wickstrom claims to have been a professional boxer now.  He made a hilarious video about his boxing gym in battle creek.  A must see.

I would love to see it. Do you have a link?
ps:You can post youtube links here. We just try not to post the website links.

Offline BMF

http://youtu.be/5W6WO8M34tk

Its on the site also.  Enjoy.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline BMF

Watch out for the product placement.  Theres a dianetics book in the first couple scenes.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Thanks! Yes, it's funny. He sounds like he's been smoking his whole life, and then some. He's a potential throat cancer patient

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
This Ripoff Report is written by a Nurse Practitioner whose nephew went to BDR. She received replies from others who were having similar problems.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/best-drug-rehab/religious-groups/manistee-michigan-a1b38.htm
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BMF

This Ripoff Report is written by a Nurse Practitioner whose nephew went to BDR. She received replies from others who were having similar problems.
http://www.ripoffreport.com/best-drug-rehab/religious-groups/manistee-michigan-a1b38.htm

Wow.  Fraud alret, fraud alert.  Time to get another scientology front investigated by the proper authorities.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline BMF

rebuttal filed :)
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

Douglas Wickstrom mentioned in the women's account of her retrieving her daughter from BDR.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
-Dalai Lama

Offline BMF

Douglas Wickstrom mentioned in the women's account of her retrieving her daughter from BDR.

Douglas Wickstrom is more slimy than Per.  Its not the apple falling far from the tree in this one, its the tree falling on the apple and slowly decaying into a rotting pile of bark and moss. 
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
My SIL was asked to transfer her mailing address from home to the above address so they could collect "in=network" benefits for my newphew then kindly told her she wouldn't have to pay any additional monies out of pocket, the facility would cover that with grants and scholarships and they would keep my newphew as long as he wanted to stay? She was dumbfound and in awe which made her so much more vulnerable. First of all, the mailing address change is highy illegal and fraudulent from an insurance perspective (mind you all along I'm under the assumption her Anthem plan is aware of this facility but that it was simply "out-of-network"; I later found out Anthem had nothing to do with helping her find this facility, she did so thru internet search). And sadly from a medical perspective, we providers and many of you know all to well that legimate insurance and hopsital based facilites will never state the person can stay as long as they want..

Using my medical credentials I'd also been able to search with help that BDRs CARF medical accredidation is fraudulent. Their lame photocopy license has 6 digits, a legit license will have 10 with a posted exp date and an embossed/notary. The 2 licensed therapists listed for their faciilty also state they have counseling and therapy educations/certificates/degrees but even the Atty Gen office confirmed no such certificates exist under their names! Again, how would a vulnerable parent even think to consider these things!

After confronting them about the fraudulent medical license, the fraudulent therapists credentials and the fraudulent insurance scheme we were immediately told "we'll call to transport him here as we don't want any trouble."

:o

Good job on the rebuttal, BMF.  You're a gem.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions