Author Topic: Narconon on WSB TV news  (Read 30077 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Narconon on WSB TV news
« on: January 28, 2013, 20:11 »
I just saw a WSB TV teaser about a report on Narconon of Georgia, scheduled to air Thursday, at 6 pm. There was a snippet of an interview with someone who indicated insurance fraud may be involved. Stay tuned!!

WSB live stream link: http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 20:40 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
Re: Narconon on WSB TV news
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 20:30 »
Boom Boom and Out go the Lights.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 20:33 »
It just keeps piling on...
ITS ABOUT TIME!  ;D

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 21:12 »
 V{}\H

Really looking forward to seeing this.  Don't let me forget about watching it!  Keep this thread bumped, please.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 21:15 »
I had a friend tell me yesterday that it was on, but only the tail end was caught and I couldn't find it on their site yesterday so was waiting for someone else to spot it.  It will be interesting to see what's reported!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 21:37 by CoolHand »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 21:29 »
Can't wait to see this. ;D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:31 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 23:54 »
I had a friend tell me yesterday that it was on, but only the tail end was caught and I couldn't find it on their site yesterday so was waiting for someone else to spot it.  It will be interesting to see what's reported!

Do you know the name of the reporter?  It might be easier to locate it by his or her name.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 00:07 »
Mary - I believe Jodie Fleischer is the reporter. I couldn't find the very brief teaser posted online. It appeared that a new victim had come forward. A man interviewed (attorney?) mentioned insurance fraud.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 06:08 »
I saw it about 11:15.  It was slightly longer than what I think Free saw.  It also showed a woman who said something like "You want to do the best for your child." 

Free, was this the man you saw?  Commissioner Ralph T. Hudgens

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 07:16 »
I saw it about 11:15.  It was slightly longer than what I think Free saw.  It also showed a woman who said something like "You want to do the best for your child." 

Free, was this the man you saw?  Commissioner Ralph T. Hudgens
I think so!

JO:=<
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 07:33 »
Mary - I believe Jodie Fleischer is the reporter. I couldn't find the very brief teaser posted online. It appeared that a new victim had come forward. A man interviewed (attorney?) mentioned insurance fraud.

Thanks, mefree. Jodie hasn't done an investigative special in a while so I guess it was a clip from the regular nightly / or whatever time it was news of that day. I looked but couldn't find that, either. I guess I just need to be patient, lol

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 08:05 »
I saw the longer clip also. It said it will be on Thursday at 6 pm.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2013, 09:43 »
My dentist is getting tired of having to dig all the popcorn kernals out of my teeth from having to wait on these kinds of stories.  ;D
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2013, 11:47 »
My dentist is getting tired of having to dig all the popcorn kernals out of my teeth from having to wait on these kinds of stories.  ;D

3((:

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2013, 20:35 »
Be on the lookout Thursday, starting in the morning:

Pete Combs of WSB Radio will go 0430-0830 Thursday morning.

Jodie Fleischer will go at 6pm (WSB-TV CH/2)

Christian Boone’s will likely post to AJC.com sometime during the day on Thursday.

Will update with links as they appear

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 20:36 »
Twitter  5:18 PM - 29 Jan 13

Pete Combs ‏@Reporterpete

Facing court battle over patient death, license revocation and insurance fraud investigation, Exec. Dir. Mary Reiser out at Narconon of Ga

According to Pete, "Barbara Marschalk, Narconon’s attorney in the Desmond case, confirms Mary Reiser has resigned as executive director of Narconon of Georgia."

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
The media effort to investigate Narconon of Georgia and Narconon International is spearheaded by three reporters: Christian Boone of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Jodie Fleischer at WSB-TV and Pete Combs at WSB Radio. They’ve worked together in a unique collaborative venture to dig through mountains of data on Narconon and continue their investigation now, five months after it began.

Thursday, their stories will appear in the AJC (www.ajc.com), on WSB Channel 2 Action News (www.wsbtv.com) and on News-Talk WSB (www.wsbradio.com).
You can search the web for their stories. WSB Radio Reporter Pete Combs’ stories are aggregated here: www.wsbradio.com/s/narconon

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2013, 08:18 »
Here is an early link to the article filed by Pete Combs http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/special-reports/narconon-georgia-and-allegations-insurance-fraud/nT9nT/

The tv report should be on tomorrow, and I'm guessing the AJC tomorrow as well.

Interesting to note how "out-pr" (in their terms) they are by submitting their own press release today talking about drug education activities from months ago and then included a picture of their drug educator, Ji Johnson, talking with a group of cheerleaders.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2013, 09:40 »
Feds should get in on this if it involves insurance fraud across state lines. Thinking about it a bit further, since NN GA falls under the thumb of NN Int, which would make it an inter-state operation, the Feds should get involved in the investigation anyway IMHO (not a lawyer, just speculating).

Any legal minds want to jump in on this??
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target