Author Topic: Narconon on WSB TV news  (Read 30076 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Narconon on WSB TV news
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 10:31 »
UPDATE

Narconon is in BIG trouble. Must-read!!
Posted: 4:30 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013
by WSB Radio Pete Combs
Narconon of Georgia and allegations of insurance fraud.
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/special-reports/narconon-georgia-and-allegations-insurance-fraud/nT9nT/

update:

Scientology’s Atlanta Drug Rehab Crumbling: Executive Director Mary Rieser Out by Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker

We’ve commented in the past how remarkable it is that some of Atlanta’s local news outlets have banded together to keep a close watch on one of Scientology’s more intriguing messes going on there.

Pete Combs of WSB Radio, Jodie Fleischer of WSB-TV, and Christian Boone of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution have coordinated their coverage as a wrongful death and civil racketeering lawsuit has exposed shocking improprieties at Scientology’s drug rehab center in Atlanta, known as Narconon Georgia.

With a trial looming, the case has been going terribly for Scientology, and the state has announced its intention to revoke the facility’s license and shut the place down....
Read on for more
http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/30/scientologys-atlanta-drug-rehab-crumbling-executive-director-mary-rieser-out/

lol!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:38 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 13:21 »
From the Pete Combs story Dawn Warner, an employee of Robbins Health Care Alliance, emailed a statement that included:
"I simply can not believe that Narcanon (sic) would have the gaul to try something like this again." (emphasis mine).

Again? How many times has NN falsely billed insurance on behalf of Dr Robbins? I hope both Drs are very helpful in the investigations by the insurance companies and the state (and hopefully the fed at some point).

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 16:23 »
Marschalk issued the following statement by email:

"Narconon of Georgia has served the Atlanta community for the past decade, both in the field of drug education prevention and drug rehabilitation. Scores of successful Narconon graduates can attest that their participation in the program led to recovery, sobriety and saved lives. Narconon of Georgia is concerned that recent media coverage has been manipulated by persons who are biased against Narconon and who believe they can profit by stirring up negative publicity just before a trial on completely unrelated issues.Narconon of Georgia intends to comply with its legal and ethical obligations to maintain the privacy of the men and women who have turned to it for help in overcoming drug addiction, and, therefore, we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding specific individuals who enrolled in the program. Narconon of Georgia can and does say that the organization follows customary and usual billling practices and procedures and that the payment terms are clearly explained."

THAT is pure unadulterated bovin scat Ms.Marschalk! As a concerned citizen I take issue with your statement " Recent media coverage has been manipulated by persons who are biased against Narconon and who believe they can profit by stirring up negative publicity just before a trial on completely unrelated issues" . I am embarrassed for you Ms.Marschalk.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 16:57 »
Marschalk issued the following statement by email:

"Narconon of Georgia has served the Atlanta community for the past decade, both in the field of drug education prevention and drug rehabilitation. Scores of successful Narconon graduates can attest that their participation in the program led to recovery, sobriety and saved lives. Narconon of Georgia is concerned that recent media coverage has been manipulated by persons who are biased against Narconon and who believe they can profit by stirring up negative publicity just before a trial on completely unrelated issues.Narconon of Georgia intends to comply with its legal and ethical obligations to maintain the privacy of the men and women who have turned to it for help in overcoming drug addiction, and, therefore, we are unable to respond to inquiries regarding specific individuals who enrolled in the program. Narconon of Georgia can and does say that the organization follows customary and usual billling practices and procedures and that the payment terms are clearly explained."

THAT is pure unadulterated bovin scat Ms.Marschalk! As a concerned citizen I take issue with your statement " Recent media coverage has been manipulated by persons who are biased against Narconon and who believe they can profit by stirring up negative publicity just before a trial on completely unrelated issues" . I am embarrassed for you Ms.Marschalk.
Does she means us? What an idiot!!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2013, 17:45 »

It sounds like something that was written by Karen Pouw. Pull out the bingo cards!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2013, 17:57 »
From the Pete Combs story Dawn Warner, an employee of Robbins Health Care Alliance, emailed a statement that included:
"I simply can not believe that Narcanon (sic) would have the gaul to try something like this again." (emphasis mine).

Again? How many times has NN falsely billed insurance on behalf of Dr Robbins? I hope both Drs are very helpful in the investigations by the insurance companies and the state (and hopefully the fed at some point).

Hmmm. Me thinks this is not a one time occurrence, based on all things scientological. Pure speculation.

Federal Fraud Abuse Laws

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 19:36 »
I thought I posted a comment about the lawyers statement, guess I pressed the wrong button.

Narconon actually thinks that drug companies and psychiatrists are behind these "attacks".  They think they pay people to do this.  Not sure if that was what she was insinuating, but I will state under oath that I in no way, shape or form profit from Narconon shutting its doors.  No one pays me to do anything against Narconon or the Church. 

If the drug companies are, they should stop, cause these guys are shooting themselves in the foot faster than we can post the truth....
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 19:39 »
I love the replies here :) 

• High Value Target

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 07:44 »

Those were my thoughts, exactly, as I read it, who me?  And I was reminded of that link Snippy posted (which I can't find now) about how people's statements give away the truth, even when they don't mean to.

Narconon billing. www.wsbradio.com

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/01/30/Binder1.pdf

I can't believe this insurance billing was going on while the Desmond case was in progress!  How stupid can they be?   @u@ooo
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline BMF

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 08:05 »
im seeing a lot of "partial hospitalizations" and "intensive out patient service-chem dep".  Dont you have to be licensed as an in patient to hospitalize? And the out patient services have to conform with accepted chemical dependency treatments.  Im sure that theirs are not accepted.  Looks like more fraud.  Its ridiculous that they would do this in the face of being shut down and prosecutd for wrongful death.  Its like the know and are trying to milk whatever they can before d-day.  Mary is definitley not off the hook even after resigning.  This stuff is criminal.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 08:40 »
"I simply can not believe that Narcanon (sic) would have the gaul to try something like this again."

... how people's statements give away the truth, even when they don't mean to.

I had that same thought. Here ya go:
http://www.statementanalysis.com/

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 09:44 »
I'm suspecting this is just the tip of a VERY large 'iceberg' of fraud. And hopefully the insurance companies themselves will start looking into this, and getting Insurance Commisioners in other states involved to avoid being considered part of that fraud.

BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 10:07 »
Quote from: Barbara Marschalk
Narconon of Georgia is concerned that recent media coverage has been manipulated by persons who are biased against Narconon and who believe they can profit by stirring up negative publicity just before a trial on completely unrelated issues.

This doesn't even make sense...  How do we manipulate the media?  Does she think the media is not capable of seeing the facts and reaching their own conclusions?  And previously, she complained that we were discussing the Desmond case, and now she's complaining that we're discussing unrelated issues??  I take it that, in your opinion, Ms. Marschalk, we shouldn't discuss Narconon of Georgia or anything related to them, at all?

Narconon actually thinks that drug companies and psychiatrists are behind these "attacks".  They think they pay people to do this.  Not sure if that was what she was insinuating, but I will state under oath that I in no way, shape or form profit from Narconon shutting its doors.  No one pays me to do anything against Narconon or the Church. 

If the drug companies are, they should stop, cause these guys are shooting themselves in the foot faster than we can post the truth....

I'm certainly not making any profit for what I do - in fact, I am spending profit I make elsewhere to do what I do, on web hosting fees, document costs from the courthouse and elsewhere, spending time I could be making a profit elsewhere or doing something else I'd like to do...

That tired old "church" line has been overplayed for years, Ms. Marschalk.  People just laugh at it now.  Maybe you would have fared better if you used your own lawyering skills, instead of Moxon's and Kobrin's. 

And yeah, Big Pharma, where's mah check? 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 10:15 »
Quote from: Barbara Marschalk
Narconon of Georgia is concerned that recent media coverage has been manipulated by persons who are biased against Narconon and who believe they can profit by stirring up negative publicity just before a trial on completely unrelated issues.

This doesn't even make sense...  How do we manipulate the media?  Does she think the media is not capable of seeing the facts and reaching their own conclusions?  And previously, she complained that we were discussing the Desmond case, and now she's complaining that we're discussing unrelated issues??  I take it that, in your opinion, Ms. Marschalk, we shouldn't discuss Narconon of Georgia or anything related to them, at all?

I'm certainly not making any profit for what I do - in fact, I am spending profit I make elsewhere to do what I do, on web hosting fees, document costs from the courthouse and elsewhere, spending time I could be making a profit elsewhere or doing something else I'd like to do...

That tired old "church" line has been overplayed for years, Ms. Marschalk.  People just laugh at it now.  Maybe you would have fared better if you used your own lawyering skills, instead of Moxon's and Kobrin's. 

And yeah, Big Pharma, where's mah check?

Hear, hear!!

Offline BMF

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 10:25 »
I will now be quoting the terms "church" (notice no caps) and "lawyers" when referring to the "church" of scientology and their "lawyers". 

And thank you to Mary and Ethercat for doing all you do.  We'll have a party once GA is shut down.  My treat with my hard earned psych/drug company money.

^o: :::-O-::: :^:^:^:E
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 10:28 »
I will now be quoting the terms "church" (notice no caps) and "lawyers" when referring to the "church" of scientology and their "lawyers". 

And thank you to Mary and Ethercat for doing all you do.  We'll have a party once GA is shut down.  My treat with my hard earned psych/drug company money.

^o: :::-O-::: :^:^:^:E

LOL!!  Y--O-||

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 11:42 »
NN, the related entities and those in charge are responsible for all the fraudulent and criminal activities they have been, and continue to engage in. They should be held responsible for their crimes.

We can either sit by and ignore it, so NN can keep hurting others; or we can expose   the activities, encourage others to report these activities, and push the authorities to hold NN responsible for their crimes.

I think Ms. Marschalk is trying to shoot the messenger.

OR...When your attacks on the argument are full of fail; attack the person making the argument.

• High Value Target
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 11:51 »

Those were my thoughts, exactly, as I read it, who me?  And I was reminded of that link Snippy posted (which I can't find now) about how people's statements give away the truth, even when they don't mean to.

Narconon billing. www.wsbradio.com

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2013/01/30/Binder1.pdf

I can't believe this insurance billing was going on while the Desmond case was in progress!  How stupid can they be?   @u@ooo

Well,after combing though those insurance claim documents it appears something odd was going on for sometime. The claims started in early March 2012 and continued up until and into November 2012.

Then we have the state insurance commissioner stating he hopes to investigate Narconon before the "shredder" gets used. This reminds me of something I saw happening back in April of 2012. The photo attached is a "Got Junk" dumpster parked in front of the Narconon facility and being loaded with??  I make no claims as to "What" or if Narconon was doing something nefarious or maybe possible renovations for all I know as I do not know what was being put into that dumpster at that time,yet it does raise questions in my mind after seeing what the plaintiffs attorneys have gone through in gaining certain documents during the course of this case.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 20:57 by SocialTransparency »

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 11:51 »
im seeing a lot of "partial hospitalizations" and "intensive out patient service-chem dep".  Dont you have to be licensed as an in patient to hospitalize? And the out patient services have to conform with accepted chemical dependency treatments.  Im sure that theirs are not accepted.  Looks like more fraud.  Its ridiculous that they would do this in the face of being shut down and prosecutd for wrongful death.  Its like the know and are trying to milk whatever they can before d-day.  Mary is definitley not off the hook even after resigning.  This stuff is criminal.

I had the same thought so I looked up the UBH codes and descriptions. These are both codes for outpatient treatment. The partial hospitalization is basically day treatment and then go home. That being said, I wonder whether NN meets any of the qualifications for the kind of provider that UBH thinks they are reimbursing.

United Behavioral Health is a mental health insurance that many medical plans farm out the mental health care part to. For instance, your company plan may have a PPO for most of the medical with UBH for the mental health care portion, with separate vision and dental plans. Specialization seems to be the trend.