Author Topic: Narconon on WSB TV news  (Read 28929 times)

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
Re: Narconon on WSB TV news
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 11:59 »
http://www.unitedbehavioralhealth.com/products/index.jsp?nav=0,1

I think this answers the question if UBH knows or not.  First section.
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 12:52 »
I went through and made a synopsis of the charges:

NARCONON OF GA (Locarnini)
03/06 - 03/12 PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION - LESS IN 1 925.00
03/27 - 03/31 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00
04/01 - 04/16 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00

346611 RFC REDMOND FAM CARE ROME 2112 SHORTER AVE STE 200 ROME, GA 30165-2042
04/12 EDWARD MEIER 232.00

LABCORP BIRMINGHAM
04/12 REFERRING PHYS (RX ORDERING PHY) EDWARD MEIER 246.00

04/18 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00
04/20 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00
04/23 - 04/30 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00
05/01 - 05/31 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00

NARCONON OF GA (Robbins)
06/01 - 06/04 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00

06/05 - 06/30 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00
07/01 - 07/31 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00
08/01 - 08/27 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00
09/01 - 09/30 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00
10/01 - 10/08 INTENSIVE OP SERVICES - CHEM DEP 1 675.00
10/12 - 10/31 PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION - LESS IN 1 925.00
11/01 - 11/05 PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION - LESS IN 1 925.00

I find it interesting that on April 12, when she was supposedly in Intensive Out Patient Services at Narconon of Georgia in Norcross, she was also seeing a doctor in Rome, Georgia.

Driving directions from Norcross, GA to Rome, GA
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline BMF

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 13:38 »
Its mary using her ot powers again.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2013, 16:47 »
I suspect these folks: http://www.nhcaa.org/contact-us.aspx would be very interested in what's going on with NN. Especially considering some of the complaints on 'Rip-Off Report' involving lies by various NN's about accepting medical insurance from companies that specifically exclude NN.
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 18:45 »
I had the same thought so I looked up the UBH codes and descriptions. These are both codes for outpatient treatment. The partial hospitalization is basically day treatment and then go home. That being said, I wonder whether NN meets any of the qualifications for the kind of provider that UBH thinks they are reimbursing.

I think you are right on. Both codes are used in an outpatient setting. The thing to look for here is dates of service that don't add up. Also, I totally agree that Narconon is not qualified to provide drug treatment. In that sense, it's all fraudulent.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 18:56 »
Just saw the WSB-TV segment. Short - but they did not mess around. Boy is Narconon in deep doo doo now. Idiots.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 19:10 »
Yup, it was great.  The insurance commissioner said that if they've done it once, they've probably done it more than that.  He has opened a criminal investigation into Narconon of Georgia. 

They cannot charge an organization with insurance fraud, however.  A person must be charged, and that person can get a 2-10 year sentence, and a $10,000 fine. 

Time to come clean, Mary R.  Maybe they'll go easy on you.  And turn over the dirt on Narconon International to Jeff, while you're at it.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 19:13 »
 WSBTV did a very good job IMHO. To look through all that paperwork and find this information must have been a real task in of itself! Ms. Morton the mother of the young women whom attended N of G did both a wonderful job and to a greater degree a fantastic public service in her straight to the point comments and concerns in regard to this matter. I wish here and her daughter the best.

My one question here would be, WHO was as the scientologist say "HATTED" within  N of G,s billing department that billed for these alleged non delivered services?

Hopefully the investigation will reveal that and more!

Offline BMF

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 19:15 »
I sure hope someone gets charged.  That will make the rest of them at least think twice before robotically following orders from NN Int or the "church".
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 19:57 »
Did NN submit these charges to the insurance or did they use a billing service? I see at the top "exp hospital billing" and thought I remembered Luke or someone talking about a billing service being set up to bill insurance. I may be totally in left field but thought I would see if anyone else had a thought on this.

Found what I was thinking about (now I will not wake up at 2 in the morning with this bugging me). Luke wrote: In Jette McGregor's depostion by Jeff Harris, she stated that her husband Kent is "working on insurance lines" with Arrowhead, but is not an employee there.  I bet that Kent is one of the LADCs that Gary was including, and they are probably paying Kent via PITA Group as a consultant/contract employee to be able to bill more insurance.
I just wonder if they set up a billing group as a front group for the NN front group or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 20:19 by who me? »

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 21:14 »

Offline BMF

« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 21:46 »
 -0=|
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
WSB-TV : Criminal case opened against Narconon rehab
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 22:50 »
Criminal case opened against Narconon of GA !

Free To Shine beat me to it posting this on ESMB! 
There is a video here: http://www.wsbtv.com/videos/news/criminal-case-opened-against-narconon-rehab/vpfsh/

Narconon Georgia is being looked into for fraud, billing insurance companies for services already paid for or falsely billed.

This is big!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline cnhender

• Fly in the Ointment
  • its a wog world
    • FB Narconon Exposed
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 23:43 »
I believe WSB did an outstanding job. However, they couldn't be doing what their doing without the tipping point...everyone here ROCKS!

WSB YouTube video link
http://youtu.be/tpMm0r8dXcs
Respectfully,
CH

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2013, 07:05 »
Here is Christian Boone's account in the AJC this morning.  http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/state-investigating-possible-insurance-fraud-by-na/nWCjL/

I think it gives some more detail to the overall story.  WSB also posted attorney Barbara Marschalk's response regarding the investigation.  I didn't realize that billing for services that didn't happen, for services that they aren't licensed to deliver, and for visits with doctors who weren't there is considered usual and customary to them. 

Barbara Marschalk defending Narconon is starting to sound like Shawn Holley defending Lindsay Lohan.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2013, 07:16 »
Did NN submit these charges to the insurance or did they use a billing service? I see at the top "exp hospital billing" and thought I remembered Luke or someone talking about a billing service being set up to bill insurance. I may be totally in left field but thought I would see if anyone else had a thought on this.

Found what I was thinking about (now I will not wake up at 2 in the morning with this bugging me). Luke wrote: In Jette McGregor's depostion by Jeff Harris, she stated that her husband Kent is "working on insurance lines" with Arrowhead, but is not an employee there.  I bet that Kent is one of the LADCs that Gary was including, and they are probably paying Kent via PITA Group as a consultant/contract employee to be able to bill more insurance.
I just wonder if they set up a billing group as a front group for the NN front group or something along those lines.

I'm not sure how Narconon of Georgia set up their insurance billing, to be honest.  I suspect that it could have something to do with the fact that Mary hired at least four former staff members of Per Wickstrom's from Michigan, whether they worked for him back when he was with Narconon or since then with his two current rehabs and detox clinic.  He uses the practice of billing an insurance policy for as much as he can get.  He brings people into A Forever Recovery and Best Drug Rehabilitation for no money down and sees what he can get.  Sometimes he might only get 10K, while other times he might get 50K for the same program just a different policy or carrier.  It sounds like whoever billed this woman's policy was trying to do the same thing, but didn't pay attention to the billing codes and dates of service. 

One thing to remember is that Narconon of Georgia isn't even allowed to enter a defense on the negligence action due to the sanctions imposed by Judge Hydrick, and they are also being sued by their insurance carrier (Western World) to not cover them in this case, so Narconon has been desperately trying to come up with the millions of dollars they'll need to pay out in damages awarded to the Plaintiffs.  That is also why they continually try and recruit people as we speak.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2013, 07:37 »
Here's hoping the Insurance Commissioner finds enough to start looking at other NN clients insurance billing, and hopefully get the Feds involved in looking at NN practices across the USofA.
BigBeard

Offline BMF

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2013, 07:59 »
Did you see how happy that Insurance Commissioner guy was?  He was handed a slam dunk case.  When its totally exposed it will be a field day on narconon's ability to collect insurance $$.  I suspect that the companies will do a preemptive strike and start dropping them or investigating on their own.  Makes financial sense for them to do it.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2013, 09:24 »
Here is Christian Boone's account in the AJC this morning.  http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/state-investigating-possible-insurance-fraud-by-na/nWCjL/

I think it gives some more detail to the overall story.  WSB also posted attorney Barbara Marschalk's response regarding the investigation.  I didn't realize that billing for services that didn't happen, for services that they aren't licensed to deliver, and for visits with doctors who weren't there is considered usual and customary to them. 

Barbara Marschalk defending Narconon is starting to sound like Shawn Holley defending Lindsay Lohan.

Thanks, Luke. Very interesting article. Marschalk is looking worse and worse as more news comes out about this.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BMF

« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2013, 09:35 »
It's related now :)  Seems like an investigation into Med Pro is in order as well.  If they were billing for Per, GA and say Arrowhead the amounts scammed could be in the millions.  The President of Med Pro is on drugs herself so who knows what kinds of corners she's been cutting.  That Feb case seems to be the least of her worries now....

Good thing is they cant shred the evidence as they dont have access to the insurance company records.   

"Narconon of Georgia, responding through its attorney, Barbara Marschalk, said it follows “customary and usual billing practices and procedures and that [its] payment terms are clearly explained."

Thank you Barbara for implicating other narconons.  You are a credit to the narCONon legal defense team.  Seems the drug companies and psychiatrists are paying you to take down narCONon.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,