Author Topic: Narconon Insurance Billing (was Re: Narconon on WSB TV news)  (Read 42950 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Narconon Insurance Billing (was Re: Narconon on WSB TV news)
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2014, 21:24 »
Our focus ITT is Narconon and alleged fraudulent insurance billing practices. Narconon apparently has a relationship with MedPro. The arrest is a public record.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2014, 22:33 »
To SerenityWorks,

I would agree that many people who work in recovery may have addiction related issues of their past.  And yes, some who have crossed paths with Narconon have clean sides of the street, although rarely do they stay that way.

However, with all the reports of insurance fraud, credit card fraud, etc. one might have some questions.

For example, I have one or more for someone well versed in insurance.

How is it possible that an agency such as Narconon, where they clients spend 8-12 hours per day being overseen by zero therapists or credentialed staff outside of their own internal, non recognized scientology trained staff, participating in absolutely no group therapy, one on one therapy, etc. can possibly bill an insurance company for the following levels of care?

1) Day treatment, or Partial Hospitalization
2) intensive outpatient
3) individual counseling

If you were a medical billing company and found a program that did zero counseling, would you advise them to bill for counseling?

I suppose one could argue that "sitting in a chair for 8 hours a day without moving" counts as some form of didactic therapy, however, a recent case in Florida, where the treatment center was billing for taking their clients out to the beach as "experiential therapy" and was found guilty of insurance fraud might render that weak argument a bit moot.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2015, 03:16 »

What's weird is that KASCKAROW filed the petition due to dating violence from Melissa Zachariasz. It was probably for an order of protection

Broward County Case Number: FMCE04012321   State Reporting Number: 062004DR012321AXDVCE
Court Type: Civil Division - Domestic Violence Court    
Case Type: Dating Violence
Incident Date: N/A   Filing Date: 06/21/2004
Court Location: Central Courthouse    Case Status: Disposition Entered
Magistrate ID / Name: N/A   Judge ID / Name: 59 Kaplan, Michael G.

Style: Daniel Alejandro Kasckarow Petitioner vs. Melissa Zachariasz Respondent

Attorneys / BarID
Denotes Lead Attorney
Petitioner
   Kasckarow, Daniel Alejandro                   Pro Se   
Retained

Respondent
   Zachariasz, Melissa                   
http://www.clerk-17th-flcourts.org/Clerkwebsite/BCCOC2/OdysseyPA/CaseSummary.aspx?CaseID=1320215&hidSearchType=party_case&SearchType=

Click Here to Track this Offender
Designation:    Sexual Offender
Name:    DANIEL ALEJANDRO KASCKAROW
Department of Corrections #:    L21974
Search the Dept of Corrections Website
Date of Birth:    05/30/1979
Race :    White
Sex:    Male
Hair:    Brown
Eyes:    Brown
Height:    6'00"
Weight:    175 lbs
http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=16903

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:23 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2015, 11:00 »
Men beware. She's tough!

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2015, 14:03 »
lol! Looks like she's trying to hold on to that muscle before full menopause sets in and the hormone dial turns down to "Flabby" mode   ;D

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2015, 09:44 »

What's weird is that KASCKAROW filed the petition due to dating violence from Melissa Zachariasz. It was probably for an order of protection

That guy's afraid of Melissa??
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2015, 18:45 »

That guy's afraid of Melissa??

We don't know what violent act he claimed she committed in his petition and we don't know what the consequences to her, if any, or if an order of protection was actually obtained further than the usual 7 days from Petition request (until she appeared at a hearing on it). We don't know how many hearings were held or orders given in the case from original date as there are no notations on that, nor a date of case disposition. But there is an undated Case Status as it last stood was "Disposition Entered". 

Since it's under Family Court records, further information would not be accessible to the public. Never the less, he turned out to be a nasty man so I am sure it was 'good riddance' for Melissa.

Update for the thread:

As of Oct 2014, KASCKAROW is now a resident of TN
http://www.tbi.tn.gov/sorint/SOR_results.aspx

In 2011 he unsuccessfully petitioned to have the sex offender status removed in NY, where he moved or intended to move, claiming his FL nolo contendere plea agreement in the case when he was 18 yrs old was never an agreement to be labeled and required to keep registering as a sex offender
beyond the 4 years probation he accepted in the not adjudicated case:

FL Broward 9806156 Jurisdiction & State      
06/04/1999      LEWD,LASCIVIOUS CHILD U/16; F.S. 800.04 (ACCESSORY)      9806156      BROWARD, FL      Adjudication: Adjudication Withheld
http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Broward-County-FL/Daniel-Alejandro-Kasckarow.4098517.html

Supreme Court, Kings County, New York.
Matter of Daniel KASCKAROW, Petitioner, v. BOARD OF EXAMINERS OF SEX OFFENDERS OF The STATE of New York, Respondent.
No. 10237/11.
Decided: October 25, 2011
Petitioner Daniel Kasckarow petitions for an order and judgment, pursuant to CPLR 7801–7806, annulling and vacating the January 25, 2011 final determination of respondent Board of Examiners of Sex Offenders of the State of New York (Board) on the grounds the determination was arbitrary and capricious, was affected by error of law and involved an abuse of discretion.

The essence of petitioner's claim is that his Florida nolo contendere plea to the crime of indecent assault (former Fla Stat § 800.04[3] ), for which the court withheld adjudication, and entered an “order of supervision” placing petitioner on “sexual offender probation” for four years, does not constitute a conviction for purposes of the Sex Offender Registration Act (Correction Law art 6–C [SORA] ), and that, as such, the Board erred in determining that petitioner was required to register under SORA.

The underlying facts are largely undisputed. By an April 1998 Information, the State of Florida charged that, on October 1, 1997, petitioner, who was 18 at the time, violated former Florida Statutes § 800.04(3) by committing an act of Sexual Battery as defined in Florida Statutes § 794.011(1)(h)1 upon a child under the age of 16.2 On June 4, 1999, petitioner entered a plea of nolo contendere to the charge for which the court withheld adjudication, and the court entered an “order of supervision” placing petitioner on “sexual offender probation” for four years. In March 2001, the Florida court granted a defense motion to terminate petitioner's probation and petitioner was thereafter required to register as a sex offender under Florida Statutes § 943.0435, Florida's version of SORA.
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/ny-supreme-court/1584092.html

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Melissa Zachariasz Re: Narconon Insurance Billing
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2016, 21:02 »
I was reminded of MedPro Billing today while reading the a new post by mefree to the thread ethercat started back in 2013, regarding Blue Cross Blue Sheild suing Avee Labs and others on the billing abuses of lab testing at and for rehabs and other professional places and subsequent Dept of Justice investigations that sprang from it. 

http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12699.msg36985.html#msg36985

Looks like I forgot to post some updated details on an older incident about Melissa Zachariasz of MedPro Billing being arrested in 2011 for Controlled Substance Possession without a prescription. She won't like it being posted about but tough tootie. It's public record information 

Court Docket 2011-2014
Broward County Clerk of Court 2011-2014 docket record for Melissa Zachariasz aka Melissa Gray Zachariasz of MedPro Billing. November 25, 2011, she was arrested by Sunrise Police Department, charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance without a Prescription. She then posted $1,000 bond on November 29, 2011.  She plead Not Guilty on December 8, 2011. On  The State of Florida filed charges January 17, 2012,  and the charge was changed to Possession of Lorazepam and a warrant was issued - Capias (a writ ordering the arrest of a named person). Defendant was served this Warrant on February 1, 2012 and the Bond of $1,000 was charged on the Warrant. 

After multiple hearings in 2012, the case was  finally decided on March 12, 2013, where Zachariasz agreed to chang her Not Guilty plea to to Nolo Contendre aka No Contest: Defined:   "Latin for "no contest." In a criminal proceeding, a defendant may enter a plea of nolo contendere, in which he does not accept or deny responsibility for the charges but agrees to accept punishment. The plea differs from a guilty plea because it cannot be used against the defendant in another cause of action." ~ Cornell Law | Wex Legal Dictionary / Encyclopedia  , Nolo contendere https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/nolo_contendere 

.She was the convicted by that Plea, with Adjudication Withheld, for Possession of Lorazepam. She was ordered to pay fees/fine  placed on State probation  from March 12, 2013 through December 12, 2013.

Note on Adjudication Withheld in FL state:  "A "Withhold" is a special sentence in which the judge orders probation but does not formally convict the defendant of a criminal offense. Florida Statute s. 948.01 vests Florida judges with the authority to withhold adjudication after the judge imposes a probation sentence." ~ The Law Office of Timothy Hessinger  http://www.hessingerlaw.com/Articles/Withhold-of-Adjudication-One-Free-Bite-at-the-Ap.aspx

Case docket - see description for details and explanation of legal terms
https://www.scribd.com/document/326296634/Melissa-Zachariasz-Drug-Court-Full-docket-2011-Possession-of-Lorazepam-Broward-County