Author Topic: Jeannie Trahant. Current acting ED,Narconon of Georgia  (Read 9669 times)

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
Re: Jeannie Trahant. Current acting ED,Narconon of Georgia
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 12:05 »
Pending applications i meant.  I will PM you on the other stuff.
ET went home.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 09:32 »

A second DCH department has as of 2/25/2013 responded to receipt of information in regard to possible certifications discrepancies. That information has been forwarded to the proper department.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 10:59 »

A second DCH department has as of 2/25/2013 responded to receipt of information in regard to possible certifications discrepancies. That information has been forwarded to the proper department.

Hopefully this information will actually be acted on, and not get dumped into the "round toit" bin.
BigBeard

• High Value Target
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 12:20 »
 This is directed at Coolhand and 10oreo. Please have a look at this material if you can. With what knowledge you two may have,please state how there may be certification issues and why you believe that to be so.

I can then craft a more detailed complaint and or letter of concern. I am currently being asked questions by the DCH as to be more specific. Which I feel is a good thing. The below links were provided to me as guidance in this effort.

Go to :  The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH)

Choose: Divisions

Choose: Healthcare Facility Regulation
or
go to: dch.georgia.gov/hfr

The sight then gives this information and link:

The official rules for the following programs are on record with the Georgia Secretary of State‚Äôs Office at http://rules.sos.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/page.cgi?d=1. Please note  that where  PDF versions of the rules are provided on this web site, they are unofficial copies of the rules that have been reformatted and compiled for the convenience of the public by Department of Community Health. More PDF copies of the rules will be posted at a later date.

And or this link below

Drug Abuse Treatment

Link.

http://rules.sos.state.ga.us/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=DEPARTMENT_OF_COMMUNITY_HEALTH%2FHEALTHCARE_FACILITY_REGULATION%2FGENERAL_LICENSING_AND_ENFORCEMENT_REQUIREMENTS%2Findex.html&d=1.

http://www.hhs.gov/partnerships/resources/fbci_counselor_standards.pdf

http://dch.georgia.gov/sites/dch.georgia.gov/files/imported/vgn/images/portal/cit_1210/2/58/180037262Drug_Initial_Licensure_Packet_12-29-11.pdf
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:52 by SocialTransparency »

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 16:52 »
page 76 of hhs.gov

Pretty sure that sums it all up.
ET went home.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 18:19 »
this is from the license application:

Clinical Director: A licensed physician, licensed practitioner or a certified addiction counselor appointed by
the governing body and responsible for all treatment provided.  Did they appoint Jeannie?
On-site manager: The on-site clinician designated responsibility for the drug treatment and education
provided at this location.

Who is the physician, licensed practitioner or certified addiction counselor?
The on-site clinician?

Also, what ASAM level do they think they are providing?  Does the Narconon Program fit under intensive outpatient or outpatient at all?  It shouldnt.  It is not an industry accepted treatment.  They lied about being inpatient and their CCDC certs are under investigation as they dont have the necessary requirements to call themselves CCDC or CADC.  Kent's organization is a fraud to certify NN staff as CADC to confuse state regulator agencies into thinking they are state accepted certs and he actually does not possess the qualifications to do this sort of activity any longer.  There's a lot to his fraud and abuse, not really for this thread, but the way in which they got their CCDC's, CADC's is being vigorously investigated and most, if not all of these CCDC certs are being revoked.  If that's not enough to postpone the license pending further investigation then GA is a sad state.
ET went home.

• High Value Target
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 20:04 »
this is from the license application:

Clinical Director: A licensed physician, licensed practitioner or a certified addiction counselor appointed by
the governing body and responsible for all treatment provided.  Did they appoint Jeannie?
On-site manager: The on-site clinician designated responsibility for the drug treatment and education
provided at this location.

Who is the physician, licensed practitioner or certified addiction counselor?
The on-site clinician?

Also, what ASAM level do they think they are providing?  Does the Narconon Program fit under intensive outpatient or outpatient at all?  It shouldnt.  It is not an industry accepted treatment.  They lied about being inpatient and their CCDC certs are under investigation as they dont have the necessary requirements to call themselves CCDC or CADC.  Kent's organization is a fraud to certify NN staff as CADC to confuse state regulator agencies into thinking they are state accepted certs and he actually does not possess the qualifications to do this sort of activity any longer.  There's a lot to his fraud and abuse, not really for this thread, but the way in which they got their CCDC's, CADC's is being vigorously investigated and most, if not all of these CCDC certs are being revoked.  If that's not enough to postpone the license pending further investigation then GA is a sad state.

When you state they,meaning the governing body,are we talking about the Narconon of Georgia board of directors? THEY are a dentist,an accountant of some sort and another guy that has some on line rehab referral websites.

To my understanding all of those board members go to the local Scientology church. Would those individuals be the ones that vouch for the certification and credibility of the counselors/staff during the licensing application process? I seriously have to take into consideration this same Narconon of Georgia board of directors also supported and validated ex-ED Mary Rieser in a very public fashion. We all know how that ended don't we!

As I review the state license application,then cross reference it with state requirements per http://www.hhs.gov/partnerships/resources/fbci_counselor_standards.pdf   page 76 which apparently the state of Georgia uses as a guideline, then couple this with revelation of possible certification improprieties, I'm now seriously concerned. I would be very surprised if in fact the state DCH vets the current N of GA staff in order to either validate or rebuke certification qualifications and how those qualifications were gained.

That is the crux of the issue. Where is the documented proof in writing from multiple sources that certification requirements are or have been met and I don't mean by fellow Narconon employee's for Narconon employee's or those that have an inside track in providing those certs. I have never see any,have any of you?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 20:12 by SocialTransparency »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 23:12 »

Good work, ST!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Gracie

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2013, 14:25 »
Someone asked about ASAM levels...
Someone asked about what ASAM Level nn would use....

[url]http://paulearley.net/ASAM-PPC-Articles/asam-textbook-chapter-4-5/Levels-of-Care.html/url]

Dr. Earley is an Georgia physician who treats substance abuse.

I would think NN would be at a much higher level than ASAM I, which was referred to in some of the recent depositions. ASAM I is generally 3 to 9 hours weekly. If they are providing detox (medical) I think it requires much more medical attention using the Detox criteria.

Additionally, I would think using ANY of the ASAM Dimensions would require a program to be able to address co-existing mental health or physical disorders!

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2013, 15:31 »
They would be level II.  Thats part of the scam though, they dont do the things you mention but have these licensed people sign up on the license or come in and sign the folders and not really do anything.  Its an administrative exercies so they are in compliance with the law, except its fake. 
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 19:12 »
They would be level II.  Thats part of the scam though, they dont do the things you mention but have these licensed people sign up on the license or come in and sign the folders and not really do anything.  Its an administrative exercies so they are in compliance with the law, except its fake.

In other words, their treatment record documentation is fraudulent.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

• High Value Target
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2013, 09:17 »

Does anyone have any current information regarding certifications Jeannie Trahant has or had in order to meet state of Georgia requirements within the drug and alcohol rehabilitation field?

As the NAFC having suspended and or revoked multiple individuals CCDC certifications held by those under the Narconon International umbrella, I need some real time information as to how the revocation's are playing out in Georgia!

The state of Georgia DCH is more than likely NOT aware of this unfolding situation. For what it is worth, the revocation of former Narconon of Georgia executive director Mary Rieser,s CCDC has been made known to the state of Georgia,s DCH.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2013, 09:46 »

Does anyone have any current information regarding certifications Jeannie Trahant has or had in order to meet state of Georgia requirements within the drug and alcohol rehabilitation field?

As the NAFC having suspended and or revoked multiple individuals CCDC certifications held by those under the Narconon International umbrella, I need some real time information as to how the revocation's are playing out in Georgia!

The state of Georgia DCH is more than likely NOT aware of this unfolding situation. For what it is worth, the revocation of former Narconon of Georgia executive director Mary Rieser,s CCDC has been made known to the state of Georgia,s DCH.

Jeannie was reported to the NAFC, but either she never got her certification or she let it lapse and is no longer valid either way.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2013, 21:34 »
Someone asked about ASAM levels...
Someone asked about what ASAM Level nn would use....

http://paulearley.net/ASAM-PPC-Articles/asam-textbook-chapter-4-5/Levels-of-Care.html

Dr. Earley is an Georgia physician who treats substance abuse.

I would think NN would be at a much higher level than ASAM I, which was referred to in some of the recent depositions. ASAM I is generally 3 to 9 hours weekly. If they are providing detox (medical) I think it requires much more medical attention using the Detox criteria.

Additionally, I would think using ANY of the ASAM Dimensions would require a program to be able to address co-existing mental health or physical disorders!

I believe Narconon of Georgia was licensed by DCH at ASAM Level 1.  They attempted, in 2006, to surreptitiously go to 3.5, but DCH said no, Mary Rieser made excuses as usual, and DCH revoked their license.  NN appealed, and won (somehow).  Just before the current license was revoked (which is now under appeal, as far as I know), they obtained a license for the sauna part of the program that was ASAM 2-D. 

This information is in the DCH documents, which I admit are in rather quite a mess, and really should be organized.  And they will be, eventually.     :)

DCH open records request pertaining to Narconon of Georgia
DCH investigation of Narconon of Georgia and its own internal investigation

===|8OOOo
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2013, 22:26 »
 :-thanks-:, ethercat. So gld you find a moment to provide the answer to the ASAM question. I am so brain fried these last 2 days that I couldn't get up the energy to remember where to find those documents to then even try to look for the ASAM level info.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 22:41 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 22:52 »
That was Larry Chorvas.  He passed away not too long after this interview.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 00:53 »
That was Larry Chorvas.  He passed away not too long after this interview.

There are some posts elsewhere on the forum regarding his death and about the guy who took over his job as ethic officer. He looks very familiar to me in that video. Was he ever on staff in NY?

Deceased Information

DECEASED:
Larry Lewis Chorvas

DATE OF DEATH:
Thursday, October 21, 2010

DATE OF FUNERAL:
Sunday, November 7, 2010

TIME OF FUNERAL:
6:00 PM

PLACE OF FUNERAL:
Church of Scientology of Georgia

PLACE OF BURIAL:

VISITATION INFORMATION:

DONATIONS:
Church of Scientology of Georgia for the Volunteer Ministers 4588 Winters Chapel Rd Atlanta GA 30360

Please contact Fischer's at (678) 514-1000 to send a message to the family.
OBITUARY:
Larry L Chorvas, 64, died October 21, 2010 at home in Doraville, Ga after a 14 month battle with cancer. He was born May 18, 1946 in Rhinebeck, NY to Ruth Wurster Chorvas and Elias Louis Chorvas who predeceased him. He spent most of his life in Poughkeepsie and the last six years in Atlanta Ga. Larry leaves behind, his wife Linda, his children Larry Jr., Wanda Leigh , Steven, Craig, Christopher, two step-children, Dana and Aaron Nuccitelli, 19 grandchildren, and 10 great-grandchildren. He is further survived by his brother Jack Briggs and wife Millie, sister Cecilia Mileo and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by a son, Mathew, a wife Jacqueline Silvester Chorvas, a brother Richard Briggs and a sister Gloria Jean Pottenburg. He has been a member of the Church of Scientology for the last 23 years and was a staff member until his retirement in 2009. He was a member of the Citizens Commission on Human Rights and the Volunteer Ministers. A memorial service will be held on November 7th at 6p.m. at The Church of Scientology, 4588 Winters Chapel Road, Atlanta, Ga. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made in memory of Larry, to the Church of Scientology of Georgia for the Volunteer Ministers. Sign the online guest-book at www.fischerfuneralcare.com
http://www.fischerfuneralcare.com/guestbook3.php?funeralID=85

Looks much older here on his facebook. Cancer can do that. Wonder if he failed to get appropriate medical care in time....

Rest in Peace, Larry.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:35 by Mary_McConnell »

• High Value Target
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 09:10 »
 I ran into this individual when the CCHR had its display set up in a downtown Atlanta hotel. After viewing the display,I had several questions and this gentleman answered them to the best of his ability. He was cordial when doing so.

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 09:11 »
ST and all:  Thanks for your extensive efforts to bring the licensing authorities up to speed with regard to the complete, utter, systemic and still ongoing nature of Narconon of Georgia's fraudulent activities.

Every single time I pause long enough to think about this issue, I am astounded and infuriated anew that these criminals have been allowed free rein to exploit the public and inflict harm on vulnerable, at risk kids for all these years.  Ultimately, the issue comes down to gross ineptitude and dereliction of duty versus actual widespread public corruption.  My vote (FWIW) is both.