Author Topic: Jeannie Trahant. Current acting ED,Narconon of Georgia  (Read 12573 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Jeannie Trahant. Current acting ED,Narconon of Georgia
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 18:55 »

Looks much older here on his facebook. Cancer can do that. Wonder if he failed to get appropriate medical care in time....

Rest in Peace, Larry.

I had actually seen him in other pictures prior to posting the video. He looked so different in the video, I didn't make the connection.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 19:33 »
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2013, 19:40 »
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150160069389291&set=a.431565509290.230737.68292324290&type=1

Looks like Mary is still the poster girl for Narconon of Georgia.

I guess you weren't around when we posted about that photo, and another like it, which was in the local newspaper. Also posted on NNGA's facebook , lol

At Reaching For The Tipping Point Forum, we have DCH documents showing they were busted in Mar 2003, during an inspection of the facility, for illegal group home on the premises but cleared in June 2003! Here's a photo of a news article taken in July 2003 with the caption
"......Narconon of Georgia founder Mary Rieser look over material to help RESIDENTS.... "

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=151859034290&set=pb.68292324290.-2207520000.1349378986&type=1&permPage=1
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 19:52 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2013, 23:09 »

I believe Narconon of Georgia was licensed by DCH at ASAM Level 1.  They attempted, in 2006, to surreptitiously go to 3.5, but DCH said no, Mary Rieser made excuses as usual, and DCH revoked their license.  NN appealed, and won (somehow).  Just before the current license was revoked (which is now under appeal, as far as I know), they obtained a license for the sauna part of the program that was ASAM 2-D. 

This information is in the DCH documents, which I admit are in rather quite a mess, and really should be organized.  And they will be, eventually.     :)

DCH open records request pertaining to Narconon of Georgia
DCH investigation of Narconon of Georgia and its own internal investigation

How and why NNGA wiggled out of the license revocation in 2006, only to then successfully cover up (from a governmental administrative oversight standpoint) the death of Patrick Desmond secondary to the illegally operated housing operation, and still manages to somehow remain open for business and operating to this very day, probably merits a serious public corruption investigation by the FBI. 

I don't know exactly how or what happened, but here is what I think is a big part of the story:

First of all, at that time, the Office of Regulatory Services, Health Care Regulation was part of the GA Department of Human Resources (it subsequently as part of a state agency reorganization became part of the Department of Community Health). 

Attorney Nina Edidin, whose actual employer was the GA Legal Services Office, rather than DHR, was assigned to and served as the top legal officer at ORS-HCR; and as such had primary responsible for the ORS-HCR's interpretation of the regulations applicable to health care facilities. Edidin was also aware (as apparently were others) of Narconon being Scientology and the fact that it was a sinister and frudulent scam of a rehab facility.

So, when the survey staff cited NNGA for operating an unlicensed sauna program, she and Carol Zarfiratos, the Director of the ORS-HCR, who was in charge of the surveyors and a very experienced, high quality and professional administrator, rightly decided that it was an ideal opportunity to revoke their license, shut them down, and put them out of business once and for all.

NNGA did not win the appeal.  Instead, someone in the chain of command, presumably from either Commissioner B.J. Walker’s office or Governor’s Sonny Perdue's office, sent down a mandate that the appeal was to be settled.

Why? 

A political fix, rather obviously.

I don't think this issue was very much fleshed out or perhaps hardly addressed at all (couldn't cover everything I suppose), but there is also this:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-02-17-DepositionOfNinaEdidin.pdf   

The current situation is NNGA's license was non-renewed based on evidence uncovered by the Desmonds' lawyers.  The appeal is pending and is awaiting the scheduling of a hearing. 

If someone wanted to contact Gov. Deal's office and/or DCH Commissioner David Cook's office about the travesty of the early 2007 settlement of the administrative appeal of NNGA's license revocation and suggest that nothing of that sort should happen again, it might be a worthwhile call to make.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2013, 00:01 »

If someone wanted to contact Gov. Deal's office and/or DCH Commissioner David Cook's office about the travesty of the early 2007 settlement of the administrative appeal of NNGA's license revocation and suggest that nothing of that sort should happen again, it might be a worthwhile call to make.

Commissioner David Cook was contacted directly via telephone concerning Narconon of Georgia. He and or his personal staff did not have the professional courtesy to reply to questions or concerns! I lost what little respect I had for the State of Georgia,s DCH quite some time ago.

My only hope is that local media will embarrass this agency into enforcing current codes and law. That line of thought in of itself is sad in my opinion. The local media has its own agenda. They have to sell those commercial spots you know!

I find it rather amusing our local media claimed to have uncovered various things when many of us here on this board know otherwise! ::) But hey, you got to roll with whatever possible  positive exposure you can get.

Where was the local media years ago when this whole mess could have been exposed? Guess it took a poor young fellows death to make the topic interesting enough for the media to give this sordid affair exposure. To be honest with any of you,had it not been for my involvement with this issue of Narconon, I would have never watched the local media,s coverage.

I do not find sensationalism either interesting or good journalism.

The DCH treats the citizenry of Georgia rather poorly in my experience. As Gov. Deal has gutted DCH finances via massive budget cuts,I dare say things will only get worse before they get better. Even if Narconon is denied licensing by the DCH,I still do not have much faith in the agency overall.

If Narconon is an example in which to gauge the DCH,s effectiveness in enforcement of state law,I shudder to think what other entities under DCH oversight do that may be far worse than anything Narconon has done. Narconon is but a small part of a much bigger problem.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 00:19 by SocialTransparency »

Offline Witnessman

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2013, 00:12 »
Yeah, the WSB-TV lady reporter was embarrassingly over-the-top in congratulating of herself.

BTW, my recollection of Edidin's deposition was pretty accurate.  The 2006 non-renewal and appeal were discussed very superficially.  See pages 26-36, 62-72, 81-83, 89-90. 

But at page 10, she did make a point of saying "there is no attorney-client privilege."

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2013, 08:45 »

Commissioner David Cook was contacted directly via telephone concerning Narconon of Georgia. He and or his personal staff did not have the professional courtesy to reply to questions or concerns! I lost what little respect I had for the State of Georgia,s DCH quite some time ago.

My only hope is that local media will embarrass this agency into enforcing current codes and law. That line of thought in of itself is sad in my opinion. The local media has its own agenda. They have to sell those commercial spots you know!

I find it rather amusing our local media claimed to have uncovered various things when many of us here on this board know otherwise! ::) But hey, you got to roll with whatever possible  positive exposure you can get.

Where was the local media years ago when this whole mess could have been exposed? Guess it took a poor young fellows death to make the topic interesting enough for the media to give this sordid affair exposure. To be honest with any of you,had it not been for my involvement with this issue of Narconon, I would have never watched the local media,s coverage.

I do not find sensationalism either interesting or good journalism.

The DCH treats the citizenry of Georgia rather poorly in my experience. As Gov. Deal has gutted DCH finances via massive budget cuts,I dare say things will only get worse before they get better. Even if Narconon is denied licensing by the DCH,I still do not have much faith in the agency overall.

If Narconon is an example in which to gauge the DCH,s effectiveness in enforcement of state law,I shudder to think what other entities under DCH oversight do that may be far worse than anything Narconon has done. Narconon is but a small part of a much bigger problem.

It's all very disappointing, isn't it? Thank goodness we have people like Lucas and Eric who are willing to blow the whistle.

The state agencies have acted as an enabler. Time and time again they have accepted Mary Rieser's lies and rubber-stamped her lame plans of correction.

The last really thorough state inspection at NNGA, that I'm aware of, happened in 2006 when DCH wanted to shut them down. Since that time, DHR ORS and DCH HFR have looked the other way.

We have a severe problem in our state with corruption of public officials, school boards, and police. The Feds seem to be making an effort to clean it up. They surely have their work cut out for them.  The situation has gone unchecked for far too long.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 12:35 »
Inquiring minds need to know. What happened to Jeannie Trahant?
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2016, 10:43 »
Last I heard she was somewhere in bayou country @ some narCONon.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2016, 15:47 »
Last I heard she was somewhere in bayou country @ some narCONon.

Calls for a little ditty.
http://youtu.be/iv_gXt1cCI8
-Dalai Lama