Author Topic: WISE: JEFFREY PEACOCK vs. CLEAR ADVANTAGE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC  (Read 3644 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
JEFFREY PEACOCK vs. CLEAR ADVANTAGE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC

CLEAR ADVANTAGE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC is a WISE member .

WISE = World Institute of Scientology Enterprises.  It's like the Narconon of the business world. They 'help' businesses  ::)

This case settled and voluntarily dismissed by the plaintiff so it can not be filed again, based upon a settlement stipulation of dismissal signed by both plaintiff and defendant.

I didn't see anything posted here about the case so I will provide the info  and links so others can see that something can be done when lied to about the product not being "scientology' when it is.

Here is a clip from the court house news service bout the case, from JAn 14, 2013

Scientology Ties at Base of $33,000 Complaint
By KEVIN KOENINGER

CLEVELAND (CN) - A consulting firm lied about its connections to the Church of Scientology, a veterinarian claims in court, and he wants his $33,000 back.
     Jeffrey Peacock, owner of the Crossroads Animal Hospital, sued Clear Advantage Business Solutions, in Cuyahoga County Court.

Clear Advantage is the only defendant.

Peacock claims Clear Advantage and its representative Roger Harrison offered consulting services for his animal hospital and presented a contract, which stated "that defendant 'uses some secular administrative technology developed by L. Ron Hubbard,' but that defendant is 'a privately owned company, separate from and not a part of any Church of Scientology,'" according to the complaint.

It continues: "After reviewing paragraph H.2 of the agreement, plaintiff inquired of Mr. Harrison regarding the nature and extent of the connection between the Church of Scientology and defendant and its representatives, and, in response to said inquiry, Mr. Harrison represented and assured plaintiff that defendant was not connected to the Church of Scientology."

Based on these assurances, Peacock says, he signed the contract and "also paid the defendant the sum of $33,450.39 (the 'deposit'), representing a deposit toward the full contract price for defendant's performance of the agreement."

However, "Subsequent to plaintiff's signature and delivery of the agreement to defendant, and subsequent to plaintiff's payment of the deposit to defendant, plaintiff discovered that defendant and its representatives were, in fact, connected with and/or members of the Church of Scientology," Peacock says.
[..] read on for more

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/01/14/53886.htm

Here is the docket details. This case settled fast. Glad Peacock got what he wanted.

CV-13-799299 JEFFREY PEACOCK vs. CLEAR ADVANTAGE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC

Case Number:    CV-13-799299
Case Title:    JEFFREY PEACOCK vs. CLEAR ADVANTAGE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC
Case Designation:    CONTRACT - BUSINESS
Filing Date:    01/10/2013
Judge:    BRENDAN J SHEEHAN
Magistrate    N/A
Room:    N/A
Next Action:    N/A
File Location:    DF-ROOM 45
Last Status:    INACTIVE
Last Status Date:    04/23/2013
Last Disposition:    DIS. W/ PREJ
Last Disposition Date:    04/23/2013
Prayer Amount:    $.00

PLAINTIFF    (1)

JEFFREY PEACOCK
12977 PEARL ROAD
STRONGSVILLE, OH 44136-0000

ATTORNEY

DAVID LEDMAN (0038504)
35000 CHARDON ROAD
SUITE105
WILLOUGHBY HILLS, OH 44094-0000
Ph: 440-918-1850
Answer Filed: N/A
DEFENDANT    (1)

CLEAR ADVANTAGE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC
1497 MAIN STREET, SUITE 123
DUNEDIN, FL 34698-0000

Costs

Account   Amount
CLERK'S FEES   $51.26
COMPUTER FEES   $10.00
COURT SPECIAL PROJECTS FUND   $50.00
LEGAL AID   $25.74
LEGAL NEWS   $10.00
LEGAL RESEARCH - CIVIL   $3.00
TOTAL COST   $150.00

Filing Date   Side   Type   Description   Image

04/23/2013   N/A   JE   DISMISSED WITH PREJ PURSUANT TO RULE 41 AT PLTF'S COSTS. FINAL. COURT COST ASSESSED TO THE PLAINTIFF(S). NOTICE ISSUED   

04/19/2013   N/A   SC   PRE-TRIAL SCHEDULED FOR 04/23/2013 AT 08:15 AM IS CANCELLED.

04/16/2013   P1   OT   P1 JEFFREY PEACOCK NOTICE OF VOLUNTARY DISMISSAL WITH PREJUDICE. DAVID LEDMAN 0038504   

03/08/2013   N/A   JE   CMC BY PHONE HELD ON 03/07/2013. PRETRIAL SET FOR 04/23/2013 AT 08:15 AM. PARTIES ARE TO ABIDE BY THE STANDING ORDERS OF THE COURT LOCATED AT: http://HTTP://CP.CUYAHOGACOUNTY.US/JUDGES/BRENDAN J. SHEEHAN. NOTICE ISSUED   

02/11/2013   N/A   JE   CMC BY PHONE SET FOR 03/07/2013 AT 10:00 AM BY TELEPHONE. CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE (CMC) WILL BE CONDUCTED BY TELEPHONE WITH THE COURT'S STAFF ATTORNEY. PLAINTIFF'S COUNSEL SHALL INITIATE CONFERENCE CALL WITH ALL OTHER PARTIES AND CONTACT THE COURT'S STAFF ATTORNEY, JAYNE JAKUBAITIS (216-443-8611) PROMPTLY AT THE APPOINTED TIME. PARTIES SHALL HAVE THEIR CALENDARS AVAILABLE AND BE PREPARED TO DISCUSS SERVICE ISSUES, DISCOVERY PROGRESS, SCHEDULING MATTERS, AND ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION OPTIONS. THE PARTIES SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR THE CMC BEFORE BEGINNING TO CONDUCT DISCOVERY. EXCEPT IN COMPLEX CASES, TRIAL WILL BE SCHEDULED 7 TO 9 MONTHS OUT, WITH FINAL PRETRIALS AND/OR SETTLEMENT CONFERENCES BEING SCHEDULED FROM 2 TO 6 WEEKS PRIOR TO TRIAL. ANY PARTY WHO FAILS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CMC WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THE SCHEDULING ORDER ESTABLISHED BY THE COURT. PARTIES MAY REQUEST THAT THE CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE BE HELD IN PERSON WITH THE COURT BY FILING A MOTION AT LEAST SEVEN DAYS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE. NOTICE ISSUED

02/04/2013   D1   SR   CERTIFIED MAIL RECEIPT NO. 20766301 RETURNED BY U.S. MAIL DEPARTMENT 02/04/2013 CLEAR ADVANTAGE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC MAIL RECEIVED AT ADDRESS 02/02/2013 SIGNED BY OTHER.   

01/30/2013   D1   SR   SUMS COMPLAINT(20766301) SENT BY CERTIFIED MAIL. TO: CLEAR ADVANTAGE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS, LLC 1497 MAIN STREET, SUITE 123 DUNEDIN, FL 34698-0000
[..]

01/10/2013   P1   SR   COMPLAINT WITH JURY DEMAND FILED. SERVICE REQUEST - SUMMONS BY CERTIFIED MAIL TO THE DEFENDANT(S).

http://coc.cuyahogacounty.us/
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
add to the above a final notation from the docket:

07/16/2013   P1   CS   REFUND CASE COST DEPOSIT TO DAVID LEDMAN
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Thanks, Mary.  It's always good to have information about any of the front groups posted here.

\|/O:r
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions