Linked Events

• Narconon of Georgia Raided: April 26, 2013

Author Topic: Narconon of Georgia Raided by District Attorney and Insurance Commissioner - Insurance Fraud  (Read 13673 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
I hope that the DA's office is able to examine more than just the insurance fraud stuff.  They seized all of their files and computers and are going to find a LOT more than they bargained for.  Detailed reports to OSA, ABLE Int and NN Int on things, evidence of staff and student illegal activities (drug use and sexual impropriety), plots against people, other forms of fraud and SO much more.

Well, I believe they can only seize and use the records according to the search warrant purposes, so what they asked for and why remains to be seen.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Jodie Fleischer's WSB TV report should be coming up again on line between 6-6:30pm, any minute now. See it here live
http://www.wsbtv.com/s/news/live/
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
What a good show! Thank you again, Mrs. Morton, for speaking up.

Jeffrey Harris, Esq, Makes a statement about today's raid.... :)
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/statement-behalf-narconon-patients-families/nXYzd/
On behalf of the numerous clients I represent who have been defrauded by Narconon's bogus drug rehab scam I would like to applaud the Georgia criminal authorities for the actions they took today.  I sincerely hope that this spells the end of this dangerous and deceptive operation. I only wish it had come sooner so that those who have been harmed by Narconon could have avoided that fate.  Now I hope the regulatory authorities do their job as well as the District Attorney and the Insurance Commissioner have done theirs and revoke Narconon's license.

Jeff Harris

Attorney for families of several former Narconon patients

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Indeed Luke.  I hope the DA's office will be able (or have help) to understand the gravity of what they have.

Oh, what a perfect end to this week!

Good to see Jeff's name coming up again, too.   8)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
On behalf of the numerous clients I represent who have been defrauded by Narconon's bogus drug rehab scam I would like to applaud the Georgia criminal authorities for the actions they took today.

Excellent!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
More articles:
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Posted: 4:31 p.m. Friday, April 26, 2013
Search warrants executed at Narconon drug rehab clinic
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/search-warrants-executed-at-narconon-drug-rehab-cl/nXYzn/

Steve Sadow, attorney for Narconon of Georgia’s former executive director Mary Rieser

http://www.swtlaw.com/attorneys/a_sadow.htm

Maybe Steve needs to have a conversation with Barbara Marschalk, before getting too deeply involved in this one.   ;)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
^^^^^ lol!

Another report on the raid... by Rob Robinson at World Cult Watch
http://worldcultwatch.org/narcono/

Offline Cigul

• Met Xenu
I am now doing my happy dance.
The highest good is like water.
It flows in places men reject and so is like the Tao.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
I dont see what all the fuss is about, they were in full compliance with the standard policies and procedures of the insurance industry.  They did nothing wrong, Mary and the other staff said so.  I swear. 

I would lend them money but.....I am a suppressive now and we dont do things like that.
ET went home.

Offline Gracie

• On the path to knowledge

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I dont see what all the fuss is about, they were in full compliance with the standard policies and procedures of the insurance industry.  They did nothing wrong, Mary and the other staff said so.  I swear. 

I would lend them money but.....I am a suppressive now and we dont do things like that.

LOL!!

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Yes, this is a time of joy for us here!  ;D

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
IRS follow up.....
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target

For a minute there, I thought you'd been playing too much Karen Pouw bingo!

;D
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
More articles:
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Posted: 4:31 p.m. Friday, April 26, 2013
Search warrants executed at Narconon drug rehab clinic
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/search-warrants-executed-at-narconon-drug-rehab-cl/nXYzn/

Steve Sadow, attorney for Narconon of Georgia’s former executive director Mary Rieser

http://www.swtlaw.com/attorneys/a_sadow.htm

Maybe Steve needs to have a conversation with Barbara Marschalk, before getting too deeply involved in this one.   ;)

3((: 

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
 Never under estimate the power of a WOG! In your face Davey! In your face! V{}\H

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Search warrants executed at Narconon drug rehab clinic - Atlanta Journal Constitution
26 April 2013, 7:02 pm
By Christian Boone

Search warrants were executed Friday by the Gwinnett County district attorney’s office investigating suspected insurance fraud by a Norcross drug rehabilitation clinic that recently had its license revoked by the state.

As first reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Channel 2 Action News and WSB Radio, Narconon of Georgia allegedly billed a patient’s insurer $166,275 for doctor visits that never occurred and treatment that was never provided.

Acting on that information, state Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens launched his own probe, teaming up with Gwinnett District Attorney Danny Porter to obtain the warrants.

“We are actively and vigorously pursing an investigation,” Porter said.

The Church of Scientology-affiliated clinic has denied any wrongdoing, saying it follows standard billing procedures for rehabilitation facilities.

Investigators say they were surprised by the volumes of potential evidence retrieved from Narconon, which was stripped of its license in December following a decade’s worth of complaints that it was illegally operating a residential facility. Narconon is appealing the state Department of Community Health’s ruling

“We have a lot of information we’re seizing at this point” — so much, in fact, that a U-Haul was brought in to accommodate all the laptops, hard drives, billing records and other paperwork secured from Narconon’s offices off Peachtree Parkway, said Sherry Mowell, director of fraud investigation for the insurance commissioner. The seizure lasted most of the day.

more at http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/search-warrants-executed-at-narconon-drug-rehab-cl/nXYzn/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 21:07 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target

Gosh, Mary's so excited she didn't post anything!

Edit: Now she's got it!

LOL. I just saw this.  3((:
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

I wonder what will become of those poor individuals whom currently have placed their hopes of recovery in the hands of narCONon of Georgia?

Does this raid open the door for the DCH to actually step in and close the facilities doors until the investigations have concluded?

Would that not be in the interest of public safety?