Author Topic: Word of Faith Radio Presents Kingdom of Cults: Scientology  (Read 13857 times)

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
On July 6, 2013 the Part 1 podcast of a 2part series exposing the truth about Scientology beliefs and practices was broadcast on the internet by Brent Whetstone Ministries in Ohio.

Brent is a Christian Minister and was a former staff member of the Church of Scientology in Cleveland. His knowledge of Scientology is well beyond what we typically hear from ministers who preach about the bad things that happen in Scientology and this lecture is highly recommended for all Christians with an interest in the subject of Scientology controversies:

http://www.spreaker.com/user/wofr/the_kingdom_of_the_cults_scientology?autoplay=1
http://www.brentw.org/

Mirrored on YouTube (minus the last 5mins of misc. info) with Brent's permission here:
http://youtu.be/ynz1EfQBBnY

Note: even though Brent opted to reuse the "Kingdom of Cults" tagline from the classic Walter Martin book for his new cult education series, this is NOT a retread of Dr. Martin's outdated material. The content is entirely drawn from Brent's personal experiences as a staff member and his own research (which is fairly extensive). Brent also gives a well placed plug for both Marc Headley's Blown for Good book and the Ex-kids website.

What is perhaps most interesting is that this fine podcast must have stirred the pot because as reported on the facebook page for Brent Whetstone Ministries - Scientology showed up to handle him on the following Monday! And they sent in no less than Blanca Brouzet, OT VIII, and ED of the Church of Scientology of Buffalo.

Quote from: Brent Whetstone Ministeries
Ministry Update: So this is going to be a bit of a long post, but I wanted to give you guys an update of the events of today, but first let me take you back to this weekend.

On Saturday I released lesson 1 of my series of The Kingdom of Cults. I spoke on Scientology, many of you know from some of my previous sermons that I was a member of the Church of Scientology for two years. In lesson 1 of the Kingdom of the Cults I gave a background of what Scientology is, and what they believe, I spoke about how it controlled my life and almost ruined my marriage. This was the first time that I really spoke out against the church of Scientology. I prayed that God would use my message to open the eyes of at least one member of the church of Scientology. I offered a special prayer of salvation to the Scientologist who I know would listen, you see the church of Scientology has a group of people who work for what is called the Office of Special affairs who scour the internet for negative information on Scientology. My lesson on Scientology to date is the most listened to radio program that we have released.

So that brings me to today. I ran to the post office to drop off some mail this evening around 6:30, when I arrived home a car sped up behind me and pulled in front of my house. I went to investigate as a man and woman stepped out of the car, the woman ran up to me and gave me hug and said, "Brent it is so nice to finally meet you in person!!" I obviously looked shocked, and not aware of who she was because then she said, "Its me Blanca!" Then I realized I was standing face to face with Blanca Brouzet, OT VIII, and Executive director of the Church of Scientology of Buffalo New York.

To give you a bit of information and to decode some of the Scientology speak so far, OT VIII, or Operating Thetan Level 8 is the highest level of spiritual enlightenment avaiabel in the church of Scientology currently, there are 15 levels total but the upper levels are not released yet. Other notable OT VIII's are Tom Cruise.

As Executive Director of the Church of Buffalo she is like the President of the Church for Buffalo, pretty high up in the grand scheme of things, and here she was face to face with me. Now I thought she was here to serve me my excommunication papers, or "Golden Rod" from the church, so I asked her and her male companion to join me for coffee at Starbucks, I wanted them as far away from my house as I could get them.

So we went to Starbucks, I messaged members on the Board of Brent Whetstone Ministries to pray for me as I went on this trip. I asked the Holy Spirit to guide me, and he did just that.

I was able to share the Gospel Message and TRUE Message of Salvation with the Executive Director of the church of Scientology of Buffalo, who happened to be a former Christian. I know that because of the seed that was planted that the Holy Spirit can begin to work in her life and bring her back into the fold and out of the cult. Her male companion was receptive, as well.

I want you as my friends and partners to please pray for Blanca and her male companion. That the seed that was planted would grow and that the Holy Spirit would send more people into their lives to water it even more. Winning a top executive for Christ will have a major impact on bringing down this cult from the inside and bringing more people to Jesus.

This Saturday we will be diving further into Scientology and I will share more of the events of today on a special broadcast of Word of Faith Radio and on Spreecast. Be sure to tune in!

I love and pray for you all!!

-Brent

Part 2 of Brent's lecture will be broadcast this Saturday, July 13, 2013. I'm not sure of the time but it will likely be announced on the facebook page linked to above or on his twitter page here: https://twitter.com/brentwhetstone
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 16:52 by AnonLover »

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
Re: Word of Faith Radio Presents Kingdom of Cults: Scientology
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 16:44 »
An update from Brent after I tweeted him a link to this thread:

Quote from:  ‏@brentwhetstone
Just so you know the broadcast will be at 10:30am EST and a live chat is available during the show!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 17:10 »
Very interesting! Thanks for posting, AL.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 18:22 »
Your welcome mefree. And I forgot to mention, after we chatted on his Facebook page Brent has been kind enough to offer to write up his lecture into an essay that he will be sending me for use with my Scientology Religiosity? series at some point in the future. Once I get that write up online, I'll post a link to it ITT.

Another interesting tidbit that came from our convo on facebook was that I asked Brent to clarify the remark he made in Part 1 about having friends in the Sea Org. He confirmed that they were people he had been on staff with, one of whom still exchanges Christmas cards with him! Imagine that - a Sea Org member being allowed to stay in contact with an ex-staff member turned Christian Minister. Needless to say, I was amazed.

Hearing additional details about his encounter with the ED of Buffalo who showed up at his house in Ohio 2 days after his initial podcast should be fascinating to say the least. So I encourage everyone who can, to tune in for part 2 this Saturday, even if the bible-thumper stuff isn't your thing... just the fact that he warranted such a kid glove response from Scientology so quickly is worthy of our attention imo. YMMV.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 18:30 »
Not to be paranoid, but...

Brent needs to be careful when meeting these folks one-on-one, with no other witness. There have been instance in the past where such meeting were recorded, and 'selective editing' done to the recording to make it sound like a critic was endorsing Cof$ rather than criticizing it. Or worse.

BigBeard

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 08:52 »
This is really quite amazing. Thanks for the great work, AnonLover. I am listening and reading about Brent, and will comment more.

Prayer is powerful. I recently was in touch with a Sea Org member who was inspired to call out to God in prayer in the middle of a brutal sec check and was able to escape and continued to be aided in remarkable ways through prayer.

Still solidly in the closet because of family in the cult, but they write and ask for money.  They lie and have managed to avoid being discovered in sec checks.

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 09:35 »
Bump... 1 hour to go until Part 2 airs:
http://www.spreaker.com/show/wordoffaithradio

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 10:19 »
Thanks!  I am tuned in.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 10:29 »
Me too!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 11:04 »
Brent is awesome!  He is telling his story about fail attempt at recovery by OT8 Blanca, who says she is a Christian.

Brent tells her, basically, that Jesus is the Bridge To Total Freedom.

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 12:32 »
The Part 2 podcast is now archived and available on Brent's website and spreaker at the following links:

http://www.brentw.org/
http://www.spreaker.com/user/5821307/the_kingdom_of_the_cults_scientology_2

Today's show was even better than the first installment and I will be mirroring the Part 2 episode in video format on my YouTube channel later today. Interesting to note that it ends up the ED from Buffalo who showed up at his house was not a direct result of his first broadcast, but rather - a recapture attempt to get him back onlines after leaving staff in 2009 due to his wife's influence after she found out what he was involved with via the Anonymous protests.

Added bonus - Brent has decided to dedicate the entire month to the subject of Scientology so next weekend there will be a Part 3 and then a Part 4 the following weekend.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 12:44 by AnonLover »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 12:55 »
Excellent! Thanks to everyone involved.
-Dalai Lama

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 18:41 »
The video version of Part 2:
http://youtu.be/WRZRA5MAF_0

Some of the more interesting tidbits we learned in this segment was the bold-faced lies Blanca Brouzet, OT VIII, and Executive director of the Church of Scientology of Buffalo, said to Brent in regards to what she thinks about his Christian faith. Once she gave him the opening he essentially trolled her with the Word of God in very nice way. I lol'd. Brent goes on to explain how what she said was lie and touches on the whole Christianity is an implant thing as well as reading out some tasty quotes from two of Hubbard's controversial lectures.

The last 15 minutes or so of the podcast Brent opened things up for questions from the chat room, where Damian and I (under my FB nick of "Heidi") where camped out playing backseat drivers throughout the broadcast offering up additional supporting info to everything talked about. We took full advantage of the opportunity for Q&A to feed Brent targeted questions specifically related to what he had lectured on. And that portion gets into further detail on his experience of working in the Cleveland Misssion, how easy it was for him to route out of a mission before his staff contract was up due to his wife's intervention, what the Volunteer Minister's course included when he took it in 2009 (he's sending me a copy of the checksheet for future reference), how the ED of his org refused to let Sea Org come near her operation due to their efforts to recruit her young daughter and other drama that went down between his mission and nearby orgs.

All that - and he's still just getting started and laying down the background info for the next 2 segments. I highly recommend part 1 & 2 for your listening enjoyment if you haven't heard these lectures yet. I have never heard anything quite like these talks before. And I find it fascinating to see/hear just how much things have changed in recent times when you compare Brent's lectures to the past generations of ministers (Eg: Albert Mohler from 2006 http://youtu.be/OrZY0NitGL4 ) where they went long on the pulpit bluster with very little useful information about Scientology actually relayed.

But with these Word of Faith Radio podcasts the mix is more well balanced imo. And while there is still preaching involved the amount of useful, detailed information relayed is way higher.

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 14:23 »
Hello All!! I figured I would stop by and see how you all are doing!! I am glad that you have taken the time to listen to my program on the Cult of Scientology. I hope that you all will join me this Saturday as we again dive deeper into what this cult really is. If you wanted to submit questions in advance so I could prepare, that would be great!!

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 14:25 »
Hello All!! I figured I would stop by and see how you all are doing!! I am glad that you have taken the time to listen to my program on the Cult of Scientology. I hope that you all will join me this Saturday as we again dive deeper into what this cult really is. If you wanted to submit questions in advance so I could prepare, that would be great!!

Welcome!

What general aspect of Scientology to do want to cover this Saturday?

This might help us focus our questions better. Loved your show last week!

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 14:30 »
I will be discussing a bit about the Ministers course, a little more about my experience with the church, both the mission in Cleveland and the Org in Buffalo. But other than that I was going to open it up to the listeners!  ;)

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 14:38 »
I will be discussing a bit about the Ministers course, a little more about my experience with the church, both the mission in Cleveland and the Org in Buffalo. But other than that I was going to open it up to the listeners!  ;)

That sounds good. I will put my mind to thinking about questions.

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 14:40 »
Great!!

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 15:20 »
In support of Brent's discussion regarding the details pertaining to the Scientology Minister Course in his ongoing "Kingdom of Cults: SCIENTOLOGY" lecture series, I've put up some fair use dox for further study in the following image album on imgur.

There is one more small piece still to come that will be added to this collection later tonight or tomorrow: the 2pages of "catechism drill" documentation listed at the end of the table of contents pages.

Kingdom of Cults: Scientology Minister Course Dox
http://imgur.com/a/zn5YO

Enjoy!

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 15:27 »
Brent, I am thinking about some FB/Twatter promo for your show.

How do you prefer to describe yourself? e.g. "Evangelical minister and former Scientologist Brent Whetstone"