Author Topic: Word of Faith Radio Presents Kingdom of Cults: Scientology  (Read 12922 times)

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
Re: Word of Faith Radio Presents Kingdom of Cults: Scientology
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2013, 08:14 »
Thanks!!

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2013, 11:41 »
Here is my response from Buffalo....

buffalo@scientology.net

9:31 AM (2 hours ago)

to me

Dear Brent,

I totally understand what you are saying as my Dad is a minister and have done what you have said many years back.  We have people of all religions doing courses here.  I never received training on practical everyday things such as communication, handling suppression, etc.  prior to studying Scientology.  Scientology is a practical religion which is why people of all walks and faiths use it in their daily life.

I am not sure who told you that you could not use the courses to better things in life if you believed in Jesus, but I have not found anything stating that  and I have done auditing and a lot of study.   I wanted to clear that up with you as it sounds like you were given misinformation.

I wish the services could be free; however, there is not goverment funding given and donations are used to keep the services and data available for the community and help the people in the area.

I know there were various things you were wanting to improve with Scientology courses and I encourage you to still do those while not abandoning your faith.  Scientology does not tell you what to believe, that is for you to decide.  As LRH states in Scientology The Fundamentals of Thought, " Scientology does not teach you.  IT only reminds you.  For the informations was yours in the first place."

I sincerely hope you continue your study of the Basics as it will give you so many valuable tools to use in life, whether a Scientologist or not.

Regards,

Lynn

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2013, 13:23 »
Here is my response! Thanks to Anonlover for your help crafting this!!

Lynn,

There is nothing to "continue" since my study of the basics is in a state of non-existence. My spiritual path in life makes all of the answers you are trying in vain to sell me unnecessary. In Fundamentals of Thought, Hubbard defines life in a way that I find incompatible with the basic nature of humanity and life in general. I have discovered that beingness, doingness and havingness are the root cause of robotism. This is my truth, and as such, you are trying to sell me something that strips me of my humanity while assuming that is OK to invalidate my own personal truth. As stated in Fundamentals of Thought:

One "needs" an identity to play the game, as covered later, but mainly to "get attention".

In comparison, my Christian faith teaches the same principle in the bible in an entirely different context:

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace. (Acts 20:24)

My identity is that of a child of God and my existence is defined by knowing that I am blessed with His Grace and love. My eternity is not in jeopardy and the word of God has given me the only form of salvation that I feel is necessary for navigating life and the gift of existence God has given me. These are my basics and this is what is true for me. I encourage you to look at your existence as a Scientologist and ask yourself why is it that the promised benefits of “knowing how to know” spanning multiple lifetimes has never manifested itself in a way that cannot be disputed. Moreover, why is it that a person’s individual truth is invalidated if it is not that same as your Church’s mandated truths?

I also encourage you to reflect on exactly why the revelations of your existence as a Thetan are kept confidential and not discussed outside of the auditing room. Then compare that to my spiritual path where salvation is free, having doubts is considered being human not a sin, and having a life dedicated to the purpose of openly testifying to the good news of God's grace free of financial costs is all that is needed to feel enlightened.

If you reflect on these points with an open mind, surely you can come to understand that my freedom from the constraints that Hubbard's basics impose on one's worldview is far more valuable than anything The Bridge promises to deliver. And if you are unable to understand that perspective, then I encourage to you open your heart to God's enlightenment and say the prayer for salvation I sent you in the context of asking God to free you from the trap of living a life where humanity has been denigrated to the status of being a game rather than a gift and blessing.

You will be in my own prayers, and I will ask God on your behalf to send you a sign of his Grace and that you may known the unconditional love Jesus delivered to us, which flourishes in a world where a Tone Scale does not deprive us of the greatest characteristics of humanity.
-Brent

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2013, 16:28 »
I have never seen this said better. I hope she will read this, and understand it. If she doesn't, it is not your fault. You have given her a chance, I think.

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 18:14 »
Yes, AnonLover did an amazing job with this letter!! I hope it sinks in to who ever reads it!!

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 20:38 »
the big response...

Dear Brent,

I appreciate you getting back with me.  It sounds like you no longer need to address the areas you were interested in previously.  I am not trying to change your beliefs in any way.  I do respect your beliefs and am glad that it sounds like you have read some of the Basics.

Should you change your mind in the future, you know what courses are available for your use.

Regards,

Lynn

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2013, 21:00 »
the big response...

Dear Brent,

I appreciate you getting back with me.  It sounds like you no longer need to address the areas you were interested in previously.  I am not trying to change your beliefs in any way.  I do respect your beliefs and am glad that it sounds like you have read some of the Basics.

Should you change your mind in the future, you know what courses are available for your use.

Regards,

Lynn

Verbose!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2013, 21:01 »
Well that was a graceful way to admit defeat. At least she (or someone) read it.

Hopefully this is the end of Scientology trying to get you back on lines. (fingers crossed)

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2013, 22:26 »
Hopefully this is the end of Scientology trying to get you back on lines. (fingers crossed)

I hope so too - but I wouldn't bet on it! You have to give the poor culties credit for their persistence, but don't forget - their numbers are dwindling every day, and they are desperate to get 'bodies in the shop'! So I think you may continue getting comm from them, although maybe not from Lynn. If so, please share it with us - we can always use a good laugh!

'til later;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2013, 13:42 »
The First Epistle of Brent to the Scientologians - this is true evangelism, expressing the Gospel in terms of the culture of those to whom it is spoken.

"Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary", said St. Francis of Assisi. You have done both in this situation.

Will it have an impact on Lynn? Who knows? That is up to God in his own time yand not us; but you have planted a seed of doubt and shone a ray of light in the darkness.

I recently exchanged messages with a Sea Org member who has become a new Christian.

He is a second generation cultist. In the middle of a brutal sec check he prayed to God to deliver him, and God heard his prayer.

God gave him to opportunity and courage to escape. He wrote me that thereafter God continued to lead.

Strangers came into his life to feed him and offer him a place to stay until he got back on his feet.

Nearly his entirely family is still in, and he continues to love them and hope for their salvation from the cult.

His parents are aging and too scared to leave. He sends them money.

Even though they have disconnected they have learned how to lie in sec checks and write to him for money from time to time when they really get desperate.

To paraphrase St. Paul, "Brent planted the seed; Anonlover watered the plant, but it is God who gives the increase."

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2013, 15:21 »
Well that was a graceful way to admit defeat. At least she (or someone) read it.

That's what I thought. At least someone read it!  |-0=
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2013, 16:27 »
The First Epistle of Brent to the Scientologians - this is true evangelism, expressing the Gospel in terms of the culture of those to whom it is spoken.

"Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary", said St. Francis of Assisi. You have done both in this situation.

Will it have an impact on Lynn? Who knows? That is up to God in his own time yand not us; but you have planted a seed of doubt and shone a ray of light in the darkness.

I recently exchanged messages with a Sea Org member who has become a new Christian.

He is a second generation cultist. In the middle of a brutal sec check he prayed to God to deliver him, and God heard his prayer.

God gave him to opportunity and courage to escape. He wrote me that thereafter God continued to lead.

Strangers came into his life to feed him and offer him a place to stay until he got back on his feet.

Nearly his entirely family is still in, and he continues to love them and hope for their salvation from the cult.

His parents are aging and too scared to leave. He sends them money.

Even though they have disconnected they have learned how to lie in sec checks and write to him for money from time to time when they really get desperate.

To paraphrase St. Paul, "Brent planted the seed; Anonlover watered the plant, but it is God who gives the increase."

Do you know where this SO was posted? I am currently in COMM with a SO at BridgePub, working on her to try and help her out, however her husbands also SO, though I suspect she has not seen him in over a year based on the fact that she has avoided talking about him each time I asked.

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2013, 17:33 »

Do you know where this SO was posted? I am currently in COMM with a SO at BridgePub, working on her to try and help her out, however her husbands also SO, though I suspect she has not seen him in over a year based on the fact that she has avoided talking about him each time I asked.

I will communicate my information privately.

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2013, 20:28 »
Just a reminder that part 3 of my series Kingdom of Cults: Scientology will be broadcast live via the spreaker app and my website www.brentw.org.

Tomorrows topics, KSW, Leah Remini, Shelly Miscavige, a special interview with my lovely wife who told the church to shove it, and much much more!!!

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2013, 21:18 »
Just a reminder that part 3 of my series Kingdom of Cults: Scientology will be broadcast live via the spreaker app and my website www.brentw.org.

Tomorrows topics, KSW, Leah Remini, Shelly Miscavige, a special interview with my lovely wife who told the church to shove it, and much much more!!!

Thanks for the reminder!
-Dalai Lama

Offline Damian DeWitt

• Met Xenu
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2013, 05:51 »

Lulz. Can't wait. I was going to submit questions but have been preoccupied preparing for Victoria Britton's interview about the death of her son Kyle Brennan with Colleen Sautez on her X-Women show which is being broadcast today at 3:00 pm Eastern/Noon Pacific:

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/victoria-britton-interview-on-the-death-of-kyle-brennan-saturday-july-20-2013-noon-pacific-time.112435/#post-2333187

There is one great concern I have currently which is the assault on young people and particularly high schoolers that is being carried out through drug (mis)education and human rights campaigns launched from local orgs by Narconon, CCHR, Youth For Human Rights International, and the Way To Happiness.

If you have some insight to add from your experience I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2013, 11:36 »
Wow! Part 3 was incredible!! Best show yet. Video mirror version will be up in a few hours (I want to edit out the techy difficulty in the middle)

Offline BrentWMin

• Met Xenu
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2013, 11:38 »
Thanks!!! Stupid Skype! lol

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2013, 14:32 »
Welcome and thanks, Brent!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2013, 20:08 »
Video Mirror of today's Part 3 broadcast (with approx. 10 minutes of the techy hassles trimmed out around the 40:00 mark)

http://youtu.be/BfPlUPyLTzw

A playlist with all three parts included:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgAEh_OhfE6c8tGMks7BmTT71HtBkwUa0

This was truly an info packed segment! /SALUTE to Brent for covering so much stuff in an hour! Here's a quickie overview of his major points:

• Brent is re-branding his Saturday morning shows as Cult Watch and his normal Word of Faith Radio boradcasts are bouncing to Sunday evenings.
  • Leah Remini's split from the Church of Scientology with highlight clips from the recent media shitstorms surrounding it.
  • A proposed Twitter campaign to bring attention to the issue of Shelly Miscavige missing under #WhereIsShellyMiscavige in the hopes of getting that hashtag trending.
  • Plugs for two websites: WhoiIsShellyMiscavige.com and NarcononReviews.Net
  • Informative insights on the Keeping Scientology Working (KSW) materials in the Scientology Minister Course.
  • A fascinating account of the Brent's exposure to the PTS/SP Course along with more details from Brent's wife Heather on how she managed to get him out of the cult.
  • A retread of the controversies with Disconnection practices, a media highlight of classic Tommy Davis denial of Disconnection on CNN and the tie in with what Leah Remini is currently experiencing first hand.
  • A hilarious slip of the tongue... intramenstrual instead of instrumental... I lol'd.
  • The coercive IAS lifetime membership scam in a nutshell told in a shocking way that I never heard before.
  • Lots of interesting details on Brent's personal experiences in Scientology in relation to what went down with him at the Buffalo Org when his wife started raising a fuss and the neverending reg cycles he lived through.
  • Lulzy mention of buying his Basics on e-bay for $300 instead of paying the Church $3000 along with details on how Sea Org members hit him up to get a his credit card limit raised and then a questionable bank loan for courses + e-meter.
  • More lulz - a plug for OSA lurkers to fill out a KR on Brent and send it in, plus e-mail him a copy too! As well his own efforts to file KRs before he left.
  • The hassles he endured with constantly changing his phone number and being told to not let his newborn son to get vaccinations.
  • What is was like being on staff at the Cleveland Mission during the Anonymous protests. And the things that led to him escaping including a protest sign saying: "Religion is free, Scientology is neither"
  • Part of the handling he endured when his wife was trying to get him out included being recruited into the Sea Org!
  • Fantastic advice from Heather on what spouses should do when they are in a similar situation with trying to get someone out.