Author Topic: MONIQUE RATHBUN FILES SUIT AGAINST SCIENTOLOGY - The Undgerground Bunker  (Read 5781 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
MONIQUE RATHBUN FILES SUIT AGAINST SCIENTOLOGY OVER HARASSMENT - The Underground Bunker
August 21, 2013 - Tony Ortega

Monique Rathbun has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the Church of Scientology’s controlling entities and its leader David Miscavige for years of harassment she alleges have caused her serious harm since her husband, Mark “Marty” Rathbun, went public in 2009 with information about his life as a top executive in the church.

On Friday, the Comal County, Texas district court granted Monique a temporary restraining order, calling on Scientology to stop following her and electronically surveilling her. A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday whether to convert the restraining order into a temporary injunction, but Monique’s attorney, Ray Jeffrey, tells us he thinks the matter will likely be delayed about two weeks.

After four years of intense harassment, Monique is battling back, Jeffrey tells us, and they expect this to be a brutal fight.

Complaint

more at http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/21/monique-rathbun-files-suit-against-scientology-over-harassment/#more-9420
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Tampa Bay Times weighs in.

In Texas lawsuit, judge orders Scientology and its leader to stop harassment - Tampa Bay Times

A Texas judge has issued a temporary restraining order against Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige, two church entities and two men alleged to be church operatives — part of a lawsuit that contends they have waged a campaign of surveillance, dirty tricks, intimidation and harassment against the wife of a church critic.

Monique Rathbun, 41, filed the lawsuit last week in Comal County, Texas, near San Antonio. She is married to Marty Rathbun, a former church executive who once worked at Miscavige's side but since 2009 has been a high-profile critic of the leader.

Her complaint says she is not a Scientologist, has never attacked the church and her only involvement is being married to a once-prominent church member.

In the lawsuit and a four-page affidavit, Monique Rathbun describes "three years of ruthlessly aggressive misconduct" by the church, allegedly supervised by Miscavige.

Church spokeswoman Karin Pouw said Wednesday that the church had not been served with the suit. But she added: "Based on your questions, the complaint filed in Texas is nothing more than a pathetic get-rich scheme cooked up by unemployed blogger Marty Rathbun, a self-admitted suborner of perjury who is now resorting to using his wife in an attempt to extort money from the church."

more at http://lifetimes.tampabay.com/news/scientology/in-texas-lawsuit-judge-orders-scientology-and-its-leader-to-stop-harassment/2137671
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
unemployed blogger Marty Rathbun, a self-admitted suborner of perjury

KaPow needs to be careful with that one. It could come back to bite Cof$ in the butt if it's ever proved he did this on their behalf.

Oh, yeah...Let the depositions begin! Miscavige first.
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The Marty Rathbun Affidavit: Scientology Leader David Miscavige Lied To Texas Court - The Underground Bunker
By Tony Ortega

Last night, stunning new documents were filed in Monique Rathbun’s lawsuit against the Church of Scientology and its leader, David Miscavige.

New defendants have been added to the lawsuit, which is heading for a temporary injunction hearing a week from today. But the real fireworks come in responses to a declaration filed last week by Miscavige in his attempt to be let out of the lawsuit.

Miscavige argued that he should be let out of the suit because he has only a limited role in Scientology, has conducted no activities in the state of Texas, and he has never even heard of one of his fellow defendants, a private investigator named Monty Drake.

We predicted that Miscavige might be stepping into some trouble with those statements — in our own reporting, we had talked to two men who said they worked directly for Miscavige and had conducted business for him in Texas.

And now, Monique Rathbun has brought the hammer down on Miscavige in the form of a lengthy affidavit by her husband, Mark “Marty” Rathbun, who worked closely with Miscavige as his top lieutenant for 17 years until 2004, when he left the church after a total of 27 years in Scientology. And in that time, Rathbun says, he carried out numerous operations in Texas for Miscavige, including a couple of schemes in the wake of the 1995 Florida death of Scientologist Lisa McPherson, who was from Dallas.

more at http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/05/marty-rathbun-affidavit-scientology-leader-david-miscavige-lied-to-texas-court/

~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Woman Tells Scientology Boss to Knock It Off - Courthouse News
By ERIC DE LA GARZA

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas (CN) - Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige harassed and intimidated the wife of the church's former No. 2 official so badly he drove her from her South Texas home and into seclusion - where he found her again, the woman claims in court.

Plaintiff Monique Rathbun, 41, claims the "notorious multi-billion dollar cult" worked around the clock for three years to destroy her after her husband, once Scientology's No. 2 man, spoke out against Miscavige.

Rathbun sued Miscavige, Steven Gregory Sloat, Monty Drake, the Religious Technology Center and the Church of Scientology in Comal County Court.

Comal County, north of San Antonio, is where Rathbun and her husband sought seclusion, which "was short-lived," she says in the lawsuit.

Rathbun claims Miscavige targeted her through the church's Office of Special Affairs (OSA), which "employs a cadre of lawyers, investigators, public relations personnel, and shady operatives to destroy anyone identified as an attacker of Scientology."

She claims it all started after her husband, Mark Rathbun, fled the church in 2004, after 27 years on the inside.

In 2009 her husband spoke out "against Mr. Miscavige's criminal mistreatment of Scientology clergy," Rathbun says in the complaint.

Since then she says: "She has been harassed, insulted, surveilled, photographed, videotaped, defamed, and humiliated to such a degree as to shock the conscience of any decent, law-abiding person. She has been subjected to numerous, aggressive attempts to intimidate her. Each and all of the defendants have participated enthusiastically in this abuse, without regard to Mrs. Rathbun's basic rights as a human being. She has been targeted at home, at work, and anywhere else that she happens to be."

more at http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/09/05/60863.htm
-Dalai Lama

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 10:38 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
The Bunker hit like 3500 comments on day 2.  I hope we are able to see David being deposed. 
ET went home.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
I hope he gets deposed and caught committing perjury in the process.
BigBeard

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
All he has to do is open his mouth.
ET went home.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
These are exciting times for critics of Narconon and Scientology. The walls seem to be closing in on the whole scam.

All the efforts here on RFTTP, the work on http://narcononreviews.net , the many ongoing lawsuits to bring justice, the many ripoff report complaints, the coming out and speaking up of former Narconon and related program staff, the program victims coming forward...  shows us that we are winning on the Narconon front. This Scientology case moved the cult to the next level in efforts to the chop the head of the snake.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I hope it will be a videotaped deposition and it won't be sealed. 

Thinking about how much damage a certain little Tom Cruise video did...   >:D

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
This is huge news.  This thing wont be sealed, but probably wont be video taped.  Look how much damage the NN Int depositions did in the Desmond case.  We know he is going to lie through his teeth also and the lawyers will catch it.  Tick tock as Magoo says.  Tick tock. 
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Please let it be videotaped!
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
‘No Restrictions’: Controversial Scientology Leader David Miscavige To Be Questioned In Harassment Lawsuit, As Lawyers Consider Calling His ‘Missing’ Wife For Deposition
By Amber Ryland - News Editor - Radar Online
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/12/scientology-leader-david-miscavige-deposed-judge-orders/

Church leader to be deposed
Herald Zeitung
http://herald-zeitung.com/news/local_news/article_20cb7ab4-6482-11e3-8189-0019bb2963f4.html
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I doubt Miscavige's legal advisors recommended he send OSA goons to stalk Mosey while she's feeding her baby in a cafe. He must have no control over his emotions to order something this loony and disgusting.

Scientology Spies Invade New Braunfels Texas
Posted on February 8, 2014 by martyrathbun09 | 28 Comments

With Scientology Inc.’s traveling phalanx of lawyers comes a mobile surveillance apparatus.  In the case of New Braunfels Texas a team of several operatives are deployed spreading from the courtroom where Rathbun v. Miscavige is being heard, throughout the courthouse, along the sidewalks to the coffee and sandwich shops team Monique frequents at breakfast and lunch.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/scientology-spies-invade-new-braunfels-texas/
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Hooo, boy.  Just wait till the judge hears about this.

Narconon Reviews

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
To be honest, I feel like Marty kinda' deserves some of what he gets - poetic justice and irony at the same time! But the only thing Monique has done is judge Marty differently, and she does not deserve to be on the business end of the Scientology cult's evil actions just for loving him.  @->-->---

I think that when you do not care who you hurt for your cause, it is a signifier - you, and your cause are evil, and no good can ever result from your actions. People can cease from hurting others, but causes, sadly, have no such ability, particularly one as rigid as Scientology.

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
With Scientology Inc.’s traveling phalanx of lawyers comes a mobile surveillance apparatus.  In the case of New Braunfels Texas a team of several operatives are deployed spreading from the courtroom where Rathbun v. Miscavige is being heard, throughout the courthouse, along the sidewalks to the coffee and sandwich shops team Monique frequents at breakfast and lunch.

I do so hope they just say that they're just doing a documentary about the trial.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I do so hope they just say that they're just doing a documentary about the trial.

:D
   Narconon Reviews