Author Topic: I went to Narconon Vista Bay and was kicked out AMA  (Read 12881 times)

Offline Cigul

• Met Xenu
Re: I went to Narconon Vista Bay and was kicked out AMA
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2013, 18:31 »
It has very little to do with intelligence and everything to do with suggestibility. What $cientology and narconon does is straight up and down brainwashing. Google "brainwashing techniques" and prepare to be less-than-surprised when you spot all of the ones that $cientology, and by extension narconon, uses. I will give L. Ron credit for one thing, he knew how to con people. From the bad food to the cheap hypnotism. And all extravagantly priced.
The highest good is like water.
It flows in places men reject and so is like the Tao.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2013, 22:38 »
^^^^ Yup! In a nutsell.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Escapee

• Met Xenu
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2013, 09:12 »
Esacpee-

I just read Michael G's story. That sounds so much like my story. Everything he experienced I experienced except for the physical abuse.

They won't let you pass parts of the program until you comply / write good things on paper. I never did any of that. Theres a part of the program where you have to write down every bad thing you've ever done in your whole life. They make me spend at least 24 focused hours writing this stuff down on a piece of paper that they keep. I wouldn't do this. I wasn't going to let them have something they could use to blackmail me with later.

Another thing that sketched me out was every Friday we would meet in the big sun room and have a graduation/awards ceremony. For every part of the program you completed you were called up to a podium in front of everyone at the facility to give a speech and say what you got out of the program, thank people, etc. They always had a video camera and would record everyones testimonials. Every time I was called up there I just said thank god i'm done with this part, and would sit down. They really didn't like this. I didn't want them to have any documentation that I was getting anything out of this sham-of-a-program.

It's my story too,pretty much! Besides the physical part of it..I really hated the fact that EVERYTHING you did was recorded by staff good staff or bad staff! Because they were afraid they would have to work conditions! I had a big problem with o/w's "all the bad stuff you did in life" cause they changed the process while I was there! They kept them till the end.  But if you look in the back of the book it says the c/s will read threw them and give them back to the student who wrote them! I brought this page of the book to the higher ups! Also had to fill out a Csw to have this meeting! All they did was tr us in circles. Saying we will call NARCONON int and have the books reprinted lol I thought nothing was true until it's written! They always want data on something until it reverses their overall objectives!

Offline NarcononHater

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2013, 04:40 »
After I was home for awhile a person I was there with contacted me to discuss Narconon. His parents yanked him out of Narconon and put him into a really a good program (thank god). He sent me a document his mother wrote about the experience. Would it be okay for me to post it here? If there is any identifiable information I will remove it. I was told I could post it here by someone that owns a different anti-Narconon site, but I figured I would get permission first.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2013, 07:33 »
Totally fine.
ET went home.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2013, 09:10 »
After I was home for awhile a person I was there with contacted me to discuss Narconon. His parents yanked him out of Narconon and put him into a really a good program (thank god). He sent me a document his mother wrote about the experience. Would it be okay for me to post it here? If there is any identifiable information I will remove it. I was told I could post it here by someone that owns a different anti-Narconon site, but I figured I would get permission first.

Yes, thank you, please do.  Every story has a chance to touch someone who otherwise might have decided to go or send someone they love to Narconon.

You might also ask him to do the Narconon Survey, if he hasn't already.  And yourself as well, if you haven't. 
The link to the survey is: http://reachingforthetippingpoint.net/narcononsurvey/ 
It can be public or private.  Be sure to choose public if you want to spread the word.   :)

And a big  :-thanks-: to you for being so forthcoming here with your own experience.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2013, 09:13 »
Also, what is the other anti-Narconon site you mentioned? Thanks.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2013, 13:45 »

Yup!  We must thank them for referring people to us. 

And pay them their 10% referral fee.  Just as soon as Big Pharma and the Psyches pay us.   :-D^\^\
   Narconon Reviews

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2013, 17:03 »

Yup!  We must thank them for referring people to us. 

And pay them their 10% referral fee.  Just as soon as Big Pharma and the Psyches pay us.   :-D^\^\

;-) 
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline NarcononHater

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2013, 21:43 »

NarcononExposed

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2013, 00:17 »

NarcononExposed

Thanks. That's a great site!
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2013, 23:30 »

We love success stories like that.

Did you mean the Facebook group Narconon Exposed? https://www.facebook.com/BuyerBeware

Or the website? http://www.narconon-exposed.org

We know all the people involved in exposing Narconon and often collaborate on matters with them so it's no problem to post it :)
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline NarcononHater

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2013, 08:06 »
I meant the website.

Sorry I kinda forgot about it and I have to search through a few thumb drives. I will find it and post it!

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2013, 10:16 »
Sorry I kinda forgot about it and I have to search through a few thumb drives. I will find it and post it!

No problem, NH.   :)  Looking forward to reading it!
   Narconon Reviews

Offline NarcononHater

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2014, 11:24 »
First off, sorry for the delayed reply!
I overestimated the amount of flash drives that I own and for some reason this file was on an old 512mb one lol. I'm going to read through it and change the names of the people and then copy and paste it. I will be back shortly!

Offline NarcononHater

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2014, 11:45 »
Here is the story of another Narconon victim.
I was at Narconon with this person. After leaving Narconon he contacted me and sent me this. Its a story his mother wrote.
As far as I know this isn't published anywhere else on the internet.
All I changed was his name, and edited out a medical condition.
If you see something that could identifying please let me know and I will remove it.

Offline NarcononHater

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2014, 11:46 »
Narconon, Masters of Deception

My son, Chris, was addicted to Oxycodone, Suboxone and various other prescription pills. 

Things had been spiraling out of control for some time and I knew as his mother that he didn’t have much time and I had to find a way to save him.

I looked on the Internet at the many facilities and called each one.  The prices of 25,000 – 30,000 a month were prohibitive.

Finally I came across Narconon Vista Bay in California and spoke to “Mike DePalma”, one of their sales staff.  He provided credibility to the program by telling me his story of how he was an addict himself who had graduated from the program.

When I asked if this was a religious organization, he said emphatically “absolutely not!” 

I then asked the price and he said it was a one time non-refundable fee of $33,000.  He explained that Chris could stay up to seven months and might even be eligible to retain work there. He explained that everyone on the premise was an ex-addict and a graduate of the program.

When I told him that my son was XXXXX (removed medical condition) and addicted to Oxycodone and that he would require a doctor’s care to come off these drugs, he assured me that they were very well equipped with the best doctors and care available.  He said that they were a “non-profit” facility and 76% of their patients were healed through their program.  He stated that theirs was a more “holistic approach” with a Sauna program, vitamins, healthy food and exercise. 

I then explained that this was an urgent situation and that I needed to have an intervention done this very week.  I told him what I was planning and he convinced me that having a professional fly out there would be his best advice.  When I showed concern for the price, he told me that I might qualify for their discount program.

He called me back within an hour and told me he could have a professional fly out the next day and offered me a discount of $2,000 making the price $31,000 if I could pay the air fare and hotel room.

I picked “Ben DeLong” up at the airport and brought him to his hotel room.  I was impressed that he hadn’t chosen a fancy hotel but one that was very reasonable.  When I asked him about himself, he explained that he was an ex-addict who had graduated from the program and had been clean for 7 years.  He had worked with Narconon for 5 years and was now married and working as an interventionist.

We had family and friends gather at his hotel room that night for a four hour “pre-intervention coaching” session.  We were told to write a letter with one paragraph telling what Chris was like now and two paragraphs of how he used to be with the last few lines asking him to accept this help.  We were further coached to follow him whenever he got up, never to leave him alone and to read our letters in the order that he decided would be most influential. 

The next morning we arrived in three cars, blocking Chris’s car in the driveway.  He was just getting up.  Circling him, Ben started by telling his story and then on cue, we each read our letters.  Every time Chris got up, we all followed. 

By noon, Chris accepted our pleas, packed and flew with Ben to CA that afternoon.

After they left, my daughter felt concerned. She had noticed that Ben had a very long pinkie nail, usually used to snort Cocaine.  “Why would he have a nail like that if he were really an “ex-addict?”” she questioned.

After Chris’s arrival, the financial office called for payment and my ex-husband and I put up our credit cards not knowing how we were ever really going to pay for this.  We didn’t care; we just had to do whatever it was going to take to save our beautiful boy.

It was understood that it would be about 10 days before I could have any contact with Chris as he would have to go through detoxification. They were great at calling me everyday with an update on how he was progressing.

After two weeks, Chris was able to talk to me and told me that the people were “really nice” and the place was clean and the food was good.  I was just so relieved and told everyone the good news.

About two months later, Chris told me that there was some “really strange stuff” going on.  He said “they make us do these drills where we just sit and stare at each other for seven hours at a time”.  He then asked me if I thought it strange that all the “higher ups from Narconon” were going to this one church located on the property and that they were all driving Mercedes!  He said,  “Isn’t this place supposed to be a non-profit?”

When I asked what kind of church, he said he was not allowed to say, but then covered his mouth on the phone and whispered “Scientology”.  He also wanted to know if anyone contacted me to ask what we were talking about.  He told me that one kid got thrown out for talking about “Scientology”. 

Shocked, I asked if he, himself, had been forced to go to that church and he said “not yet”. “How do you know that this was in fact “Scientology”?”  I asked.  He said that all of his books were written by L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology and told me to look it up on the Internet.

Completely shocked, I googled “Scientology” and found that L. Ron Hubbard was in fact the founder.  Next I googled “Narconon Vista Bay + Scientology” and went screaming out of the room!

I found that everything I had been told was a lie and that there were in fact no doctors; the detoxification was considered “dangerous” and the Sauna program found “useless”.  The drills my son had been participating in were in fact “brain-washing” tactics and the whole thing was a front for Scientology!

I took my beautiful boy from the fry pan and threw him into the FIRE!

I called family members and told them of my horror.  I needed to get him out of there, find a new place for him to go and more money to pay for it!

My mother told me of my cousin who had sent his son to a facility in Canada and he had been clean for 3.5 years!  I called Edgewood, located in Nanaimo, BC.  They had a room available the following week. 

My mother offered to pay for this facility and paid for our flights out there.  Within one week, a new plan was in place and all without my son’s knowledge.  We didn’t want to risk his security.

My daughter, her boyfriend and myself flew out to San Francisco and the next day rented a car to arrive unannounced before Chris’s scheduled class started at 10:00 am.  We pulled into the parking lot.  Narconon Vista Bay looked like a temple perched on top of several flights of stairs.

We walked in and found one young man behind the desk.  I plopped my purse on the desk, smiled and kindly asked to see my son.  His immediate response was” Oh, you’re coming to pick him up!”  I said, “I don’t know what you mean, I know that his class will be starting in about 5 minutes, and I would like to see him.”  The young man appeared agitated and was trying to locate someone by texting and punching numbers into the phone.

I looked at the clock and it was now 9:58am.  I said, “ I really need to see him before his class starts”.  Then I heard from the other side of the wall the words “Roll Call!”  I said “Oh he must be right beside us, can you get him?”  The young man said, “This is a very large campus and your son could be in any location.  I will have to get a hold of someone to find out where he is.” 

Just then I heard the person in charge of the “roll call” say “Chris here?”  “Here!” I heard.  Furious, I walked behind the young man and pulled the curtain to find my son standing right in front of me on the other side of the glass wall!

Chris looked up and stood back in complete shock as he thought he had seen a ghost!  I motioned for him to come around to see us.  Then I turned my attention to the young man behind the desk and lost it!

I yelled at him that he was a liar and that everything I had been told was nothing but a lie!!  Just then several councilors’ started coming in.  One very blond, very tall, and very skinny lady introduced herself as one of Chris’s counselors and asked us to step into the conference room.  I declined saying “I came here to see my son, I didn’t come here to talk to you.”  I walked over to look at the books being displayed all around the room.  They were all by the author L. Ron Hubbard.

Taking a seat now close to the door, another councilor sat down beside me.  He said, ”We’ve been here a long time and we know the drill.  We know you saw the Internet and have come to pick up your son”.  I said, “Now that our gloves are off, where is he? It doesn’t take 10 minutes to walk around the corner!”

The skinny blond girl came over and said, “ I know what you read on the Internet and you think we are Scientology, but we are not.”  Just then Chris walked into the room.  He looked great!  He had gained 35 pounds and wore a big huge smile.  As we stood by the door hugging him, the blond lady came over again to ask that we come into the conference room.  I spoke up and said we would like to talk with Chris outside.

Chris and I went outside and sat on a nearby bench.  My daughter and her boyfriend stood in front of us so we could talk with some privacy. The councilors were walking past us constantly, supposedly trying to hear what was being said.

Chris seemed shocked and hesitant when we told him what we had read about Narconon Vista Bay on the Internet.  After some discussion, Chris agreed to come with us.  We walked back in and Chris told them he would be leaving with us.  The blond girl was upset and told us we were making a big mistake.  I replied, “The only mistake I made, was trusting you!”

We flew to Vancouver Island and drove to Nanaimo, BC Canada.  Although Chris looked better, I could tell he was still a very lost soul.  He was bitter when we dropped him off at Edgewood and all I could do was pray that I had done the right thing, this time.

April 8th 2012 marks one year that Chris has been clean of any substance. Edgewood and their professional staff of doctors, psychologists and graduates have given him the tools to live a better life and most importantly how to live on a budget! This is a facility that should be replicated!

Narconon has many facilities all over the world and are masters of deception!  Their name is similar to “Nar-Anon” which stands for “Narcotics Anonymous” along with an affordable price, by comparison, positioning them to take advantage of thousands of compromised adults and desperate families.

Their Web Gurus bought and own hundreds of keywords representing every type of drug inquiry ensuring their name pops up first to net their victims.  As long as the word “Scientology” is not connected, the web will show Narconon as an “excellent rehab facility”.  I called the “Tip Hotline” for help and realized that they, too, were involved with steering families towards Narconon.

Narconon uses every tactic of manipulation!  They prove credibility through their website and by their sales staff telling their own success stories.  They are competitively priced, and insinuate via their website that they are not religious by following a more holistic approach - not the the “12 step” program.  They understand the sense of urgency with desperate parents.  They are accommodating and influential touting pain-free detox in their sauna program. Worst of all, they provide hope to their victims making up glorified stories of “ex-addicts” and the possibility of a job in the future.  Everything is lies all lies.

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2014, 13:50 »
I then explained that this was an urgent situation and that I needed to have an intervention done this very week.  I told him what I was planning and he convinced me that having a professional fly out there would be his best advice.  When I showed concern for the price, he told me that I might qualify for their discount program.

He called me back within an hour and told me he could have a professional fly out the next day and offered me a discount of $2,000 making the price $31,000 if I could pay the air fare and hotel room.

This appears to be something new.  Usually interventionists are outside and independent of treatment facilities and get paid from the family.  In this story, it appears that this is an interventionist who is working directly for Narconon Vista Bay and is a "free interventionist (except for flight and hotel)".  Which means that Narconon Vista Bay is now paying interventionists directly or having them work directly for the center.

Wonder what happens if the client doesn't go to treatment?  Does Ben Delong still get paid?

Beyond that, this story appears to be identical to the hundreds of similar stories from families.

But, it is interesting that Narconon Vista Bay seems to have a Church of Scientology on or near the premises.  I thought Arrowhead was the only one that had something similar to a Church of Scientology in the building.

Although not to make light of this situation, I couldn't help but think of the scene in the end of the wizard of oz.

The young man said, “This is a very large campus and your son could be in any location.  I will have to get a hold of someone to find out where he is.” 

Just then I heard the person in charge of the “roll call” say “Chris here?”  “Here!” I heard.  Furious, I walked behind the young man and pulled the curtain to find my son standing right in front of me on the other side of the glass wall!

So like Narconon.  Please don't look there...pay attention over here.

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!!!!"

Offline NarcononHater

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2014, 18:05 »
Source-

When I got to Narconon I found out that a lot of the other people there had these interventionists come talk them into going to rehab. In my case, I wanted to go get help so as far as I know this was never discussed. I didn't have an interventionist. I just spoke to two people over the phone one of them being "Mike DePalma" the same guy mentioned in the story above.

The interventionists are affiliated with Scientology, anyone can become one. A girl in the withdraw cabin with me had one of these interventionists bring her to Narconon. She was really happy and excited because her interventionists offered her the job of becoming an interventionist if she completed the program... At this point I didn't know Narconon was a bad place but that was another thing that tipped me off.

If you finish the program at Narconon Vista Bay you can recruit people to come to Narconon and make $3,000 per person. I remember a lot of people were talking about taking up this offer. I thought that was really fucked up.

I bet Ben Delong still gets paid if the person doesn't go to treatment, but maybe not.

As far as I know Narconon Vista Bay doesn't have a church on the premises. When I got out of the withdraw cabin they asked me if I wanted to attend church and I said yes. I was never able to go though, they wouldn't let me. They let girls go but they didn't let me. I thought they were going to take me to a church affiliated with my religion but I guess not. I never found out what church the girls were going to.

Lol @ Wizard of Oz reference!

Edit: I can't remember one person who wasn't brought to Narconon without an interventionist. I seemed to be the only one.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2014, 19:12 »
I really appreciate all the posts on this thread. Special thanks to NarcononHater.