Author Topic: ADP (Alcohol and Drug Programs) is now SUD (Substance Use Disorder Services)  (Read 1686 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Maybe when they finish with their reorganization and updating their website, they can start taking a closer look at the Narconons that fall under their jurisdiction.

http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/individuals/Pages/SUD-Services.aspx
Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Services - Alcohol and Other Drugs Programs

Substance use is having a devastating effect on individuals, families and communities in California. It affects individual lives and our economy in many ways through impacts on domestic violence, child abuse, school truancy, lower or lost productivity at work, lost jobs, and increased expenses in the health care and criminal justice systems.

The Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Services Divisions lead the effort to reduce alcoholism and drug addiction in California by developing, administering, and supporting prevention, treatment and recovery programs. We endeavor to help Californians understand that alcoholism and drug addiction are chronic conditions that can be successfully prevented and treated.

Please note:
Effective with the passage of the 2013-2014 Budget Act and associated legislation, the Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs (ADP) no longer exists as of July 1, 2013. All ADP programs and staff, except the Office of Problem Gambling, transferred to the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).

Some web content available through links below may reference ADP and/or direct you to content from the former ADP website. DHCS is currently working to update all web content.

Complaints:
http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/individuals/Pages/Sud-Complaints.aspx
The Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Compliance Division investigates complaints against California's alcohol and other drug (AOD) recovery and treatment programs. The SUD Compliance Division also investigates violations of the code of conduct of registered or certified AOD counselors.  Alcohol or Drug Abuse Recovery or Treatment Facilities licensed or certified by DHCS are required to report counselor misconduct to DHCS within 24 hours of the violation. Title 9, California Code of Regulations, Section 13065 states the following:

Within 24 hours of the time an alleged violation of the code of conduct specified in Section 13060 by a registrant or a certified AOD counselor becomes known to an AOD program, the program shall report it to the Department and to the registrant or counselor’s certifying organization.

This, and some other good info on the page linked above.
What is considered to be an Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) abuse recovery or treatment service?

An AOD recovery or treatment service can be detoxification services, group sessions, individual sessions, one-on-one counseling, educational sessions, and or recovery or treatment planning. If a sober living facility is providing just one of the mentioned services, then it should be classified as a residential treatment program and must obtain a valid license from DHCS.

California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 9, Chapter 5, Section 10501(a)(5), states:

“Alcoholism or Drug Abuse Recovery or Treatment Service means a service which is designed to promote treatment and maintain recovery from alcohol or drug problems which includes one or more of the following: detoxification, group sessions, individual sessions, educational sessions, and/or alcoholism or drug abuse recovery or treatment planning.”

This new information has also been updated at Narconon Reviews:
http://narcononreviews.net/resources/for-potential-clients/how-to-choose-a-drug-or-alcohol-rehab/researching-a-rehab-facility/drug-rehab-licensing-state-agencies/
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Thanks. I erred in not informing you all that ADP closed last year and it transitioned to DCHS under the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Services dept.

I was waiting for them to update their site. Thanks for getting the info and posting it here and at Narconon Reviews.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Thanks. I erred in not informing you all that ADP closed last year and it transitioned to DCHS under the Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Services dept.

I was waiting for them to update their site. Thanks for getting the info and posting it here and at Narconon Reviews.

Keeping those state agency contacts updated on Narconon Reviews will be a challenge. They change quite a bit.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama