Author Topic: Attention: Former Narconon Students/Clients/Attendees, please do this survey  (Read 16830 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Thanks, David! 
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
There is a discussion still going on at The Fix on the article
Inside Scientology's Rehab Racket. Perhaps some of the ex-
Narconon people who have been hurt would be willing to take
your survey. The article is good:

http://www.thefix.com/content/narconons-big-con?page=all

Offline Intelligence

• Hill 10 Situation

BobCollapse

Sorry Jessica, I am a real person who did the program and still drug-free.  Can't be all bad can it then?  Sorry to burst your bubble.

47 minutes ago
in reply to Jessica

Davidloveletter

No, it is not ALL bad, but neither is a Ship filled with asbestos ALL bad - - but when the Cancer-Causing crap begins to kill people, it must be removed. If only 10-20% of Narconon patients remain drug free and some die while in their incompetent care (like the 4 recent deaths at NN Arrowhead), it is time to remove the causes of death and abuse.

0 minutes ago
in reply to Bob

An Ol' Irish Quote:
“You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'”

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

Thank you snippy!

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target

Thank you, snippy!  I've posted a comment there.

I read the article when it first came out, and I agree, it is good.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
Narconon counts on people falling for the proof by testimonial con. They even fall for it themselves.

"Why Bogus Therapies Seem to Work"
http://www.csicop.org/si/show/why_bogus_therapies_seem_to_work/

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Nice article.  Thanks for linking to it.

From: http://www.csicop.org/si/show/why_bogus_therapies_seem_to_work/
At least ten kinds of errors and biases can convince intelligent, honest people that cures have been achieved when they have not.

Those who sell therapies of any kind have an obligation to prove, first, that their treatments are safe and, second, that they are effective. The latter is often the more difficult task because there are many subtle ways that honest and intelligent people (both patients and therapists) can be led to think that a treatment has cured someone when it has not. This is true whether we are assessing new treatments in scientific medicine, old nostrums in folk medicine, fringe treatments in “alternative medicine,” or the frankly magical panaceas of faith healers.

To distinguish causal from fortuitous improvements that might follow any intervention, a set of objective procedures has evolved for testing putative remedies. Unless a technique, ritual, drug, or surgical procedure can meet these requirements, it is ethically questionable to offer it to the public, especially if money is to change hands. Since most “alternative” therapies (i.e., ones not accepted by scientific biomedicine) fall into this category, one must ask why so many customers who would not purchase a toaster without consulting Consumer Reports shell out, with trusting naivetë, large sums for unproven, possibly dangerous, health remedies.

More at the link.

And in Narconon's case, I've often said that any drug rehab would work, if the person attending is motivated enough to get clean.  It's sinister the way NN "steals" people's successes from them and claims them for themselves.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Interesting...  I don't see my comment that invited people to do the survey...
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Interesting...  I don't see my comment that invited people to do the survey...

Well, I put it up just now ( as JustCallMeMary )
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Some posts about the BBB have been split into their own thread, here: http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12035.0.html

Narconon Reviews

Offline ES2007

• New Around Here
Filled out the survey.  Mostly regarding Intake questions and thing I only know about from having worked in Div 6 an Narconon Arrowhead.  I was a student in 2005 as well dont remember most of the answers but I tried.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Filled out the survey.  Mostly regarding Intake questions and thing I only know about from having worked in Div 6 an Narconon Arrowhead.  I was a student in 2005 as well dont remember most of the answers but I tried.

Terrific, ES2007! Thank you and  :w:e:l:c:o:m:e: to RFTTP! :)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Welcome to the Tipping Point, ES2007.  Thanks for doing the survey.  Any answers anyone provides helps to paint a more accurate picture of Narconon.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Melanie

• On the path to knowledge
Hi!

I would love to fill out this survey when I have a good amount of time to sit down, think and type away.  :) When and how will we be able to read what others' responses are?

Thanks!

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Hi!

I would love to fill out this survey when I have a good amount of time to sit down, think and type away.  :) When and how will we be able to read what others' responses are?

Thanks!

They'll be posted on a website (not this one), minus the personal information and a few of the questions.  It shouldn't be too much longer.  Also, only the ones designated to be public will be posted, since there's the choice on the survey to keep the responses private if desired.  It will be great to have your responses too. 

L-O-:
   Narconon Reviews