Author Topic: Fresh Start Sunshine Summit Lodge Documents  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
Fresh Start Sunshine Summit Lodge Documents
« on: February 11, 2014, 16:27 »
In order for Narconon Warner Springs now known as Fresh Start Sunshine Summit Lodge to operate in Sunshine Summit (community in Warner Springs),  Narconon had to obtain a Major Use Permit from the County of San Diego.

There were two Planning Commission hearings with the last hearing approving the project, the decision was appealed to the San Diego County Board of Supervisors and in December 2002 the Board of Supervisors approved the project.

Below is a link to the Major Use Permit (MUP) which describes the project and restrictions on how Narconon can operate such as:

The maximum number of clients (30) and staff (15)

Hours of outdoor activity 8:30AM to 8:00PM

How much water they can use in a year 9 acre-feet and what they must do if they start to exceed trip points.

Security measures

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/Narconon/2002-12-11-Narconon-WarnerSprings-00000002.PDS2001-3300-01-020-PDS-PLN-Decisions.pdf

I hope to provide more document that were used during the hearings.

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
Re: Fresh Start Sunshine Summit Lodge Documents
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 22:24 »
I was under the impression that most Narconons sell a 1 to 1 staff/student ratio. Of course they don't mention that they add in the kitchen help, groundskeepers, salespeople. Etc.

According to this 30 students and 15 staff, this ratio couldn't be true.

And with 30 students it's probably no more than 2 course supervisors, who are the ones that students spend 10 hours a day with...

Families don't really realize that their loved one is going to be in a schoolroom setting with one person overseeing 15+ other clients.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 22:12 »
Thank you, Sunshine!  I'd like to put that on Narconon Reviews, if it's ok with you.  It will go nicely with the Narconon Credibility Investigation I just added. 

I hope I got the facts right about that one.   :)

Hey, source!  Don't you know by now?  Narconon lies.   ;) 
Not to say you shouldn't keep pointing the lies out, though.   :-*
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 22:39 »
Thanks, Sunshine!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 22:26 »
According to this lawsuit

http://narcononreviews.net/documents/narconon_lawsuits/Lawsuit-California-37-2014-00002635-CU-BC-NC-2014-02-13-Voiculescu-Complaint.pdf

There are 50-60 clients there when their capacity is 30.

Hmmmmm....

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 16:57 »
ethercat, you can use anything I post and thank you.

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 20:56 »
Appears Narconon is embarrassed to be called Narconon.
Below is part of a page from their old website notice the Narconon sign.

Old Advertising

Below is part of a page from their new website http-//www.freshstart.net/california.html notice something missing?
New Advertising

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 21:09 »
 3((:
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 21:28 »
It appears that they are following, almost exactly, a predictable path.

http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-narconon-internet-marketing-empire-part-10/

Speculated Internet Marketing Strategies for Individual Narconons
This is how I believe Narconon will respond:
Keep the original website containing the name Narconon in it. This is to keep critics focused on the word “Narconon”.  All bad press goes toward “Narconon”.
Create another secondary website and DBA for each Narconon facility without the name Narconon in it.
Narconon Freedom Center becomes “Freedom Drug Rehab”.
Narconon Vista Bay becomes “Redwood Cliffs Rehab”.
Narconon Spring Hill becomes “Suncoast Drug Rehab”.
On these secondary sites, remove most or all references to Narconon. If there must be a logo, shrink it or place it in the least noticeable place.
In any press releases or public info, always refer back to the website containing the word “Narconon”. This is to keep the critics focused on the Narconon-named website, as well as the word “Narconon”.
Build tertiary sites and blogs focusing on any words that include the secondary website name and the terms, “scam”, “review”, and similar terms. Do this to push the negative listings down.
Focus more energy on building “Large Scale Directory sites” or fake referral sites.
When referring, never refer to the program as “Narconon” anything. Only use the secondary name that doesn’t include the word “Narconon”.
Get the family on the secondary website that doesn’t include the word “Narconon”. Guide the family through clicking around on different parts of the site, explaining each part. Take away their independence and become the guide.
Always hot-transfer the call directly to the Narconon registrar. Keep the families off the internet.
For registrars, always send out info packets via email immediately so the family doesn’t go on the internet if other family members want more information.
Offer to lease or purchase individual phone calls from former FSM websites and others who still generate calls but are reluctant to refer to Narconon due to Black PR. Current prices are anywhere from $20-$30 per call.
Allow off-brand non-Narconon programs to license the tech as is currently being done in Michigan. This way, there will be no mention of the word “Narconon”.
Create short term spin-offs such as “sauna only” programs or “TR’s and Objectives” only.
Find some outside agency that will claim independent analysis of the success rate. This way Narconon registrars can refer to the analysis success rate without being directly deceptive.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 23:13 »

That's just ripe for shooping!  One doesn't even need to remove the previous letters before adding your own.  LOL!  And to think I had just seen this (off topic) article today:
http://www.dailydot.com/lol/michelle-obama-bring-back-our-girls-psa-tweet-reddit-photoshop/

Those certificates in the top picture are looking pretty ripe, too.   3((:

Sorry to derail a serious subject.  Thanks for spotting that, Sunshine.   L-O-:

SEOlogy was prescient.   ;)
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 23:24 »
It appears that they are following, almost exactly, a predictable path.

http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-narconon-internet-marketing-empire-part-10/

Speculated Internet Marketing Strategies for Individual Narconons
This is how I believe Narconon will respond:
Keep the original website containing the name Narconon in it. This is to keep critics focused on the word “Narconon”.  All bad press goes toward “Narconon”.
Create another secondary website and DBA for each Narconon facility without the name Narconon in it.
Narconon Freedom Center becomes “Freedom Drug Rehab”.
Narconon Vista Bay becomes “Redwood Cliffs Rehab”.
Narconon Spring Hill becomes “Suncoast Drug Rehab”.
On these secondary sites, remove most or all references to Narconon. If there must be a logo, shrink it or place it in the least noticeable place.
In any press releases or public info, always refer back to the website containing the word “Narconon”. This is to keep the critics focused on the Narconon-named website, as well as the word “Narconon”.
Build tertiary sites and blogs focusing on any words that include the secondary website name and the terms, “scam”, “review”, and similar terms. Do this to push the negative listings down.
Focus more energy on building “Large Scale Directory sites” or fake referral sites.
When referring, never refer to the program as “Narconon” anything. Only use the secondary name that doesn’t include the word “Narconon”.
Get the family on the secondary website that doesn’t include the word “Narconon”. Guide the family through clicking around on different parts of the site, explaining each part. Take away their independence and become the guide.
Always hot-transfer the call directly to the Narconon registrar. Keep the families off the internet.
For registrars, always send out info packets via email immediately so the family doesn’t go on the internet if other family members want more information.
Offer to lease or purchase individual phone calls from former FSM websites and others who still generate calls but are reluctant to refer to Narconon due to Black PR. Current prices are anywhere from $20-$30 per call.
Allow off-brand non-Narconon programs to license the tech as is currently being done in Michigan. This way, there will be no mention of the word “Narconon”.
Create short term spin-offs such as “sauna only” programs or “TR’s and Objectives” only.
Find some outside agency that will claim independent analysis of the success rate. This way Narconon registrars can refer to the analysis success rate without being directly deceptive.

It's always so good to get visual proof of what they are doing and compare it to the information on such scams, lol!!
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 23:56 »
 L0L

Talk about a lame assed attempt at rebranding if this ever happens. Scientology is struggling so badly ,they are now doing anything to save their sinking ship. To late for that me thinks.