Author Topic: New Ripoff Report, Insurance Billing Narconon Fresh Start  (Read 2017 times)

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
Not sure if this has been posted here, but here's another one where the family claims that Narconon Fresh Start told them to come to the program and insurance would reimburse them.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/narconon-fresh-start-rehab/Select-StateProvince/narconon-fresh-start-rehab-administration-department-given-false-information-santa-monica-1112900

our insurance company told us that this facility is not licensed and do not reconize there practices!  Narconon staff is not honest and are very sneaky on how they do buisness

Interesting statement by the insurance company "this facility is not licensed and [they] do not recognize their practices".

Do not recognize their practices...

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: New Ripoff Report, Insurance Billing Narconon Fresh Start
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 15:23 »
Hahaha!  I was just looking at this one earlier:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Narconon-Southern-California/Newport-Beach-California-92663/Narconon-Southern-California-A-complete-rip-off-for-drug-treatment-Newport-Beach-Californi-288056

From 2007!  And nothing has really changed in all those years.
Further rip off details!! ABSOLUTE INSURANCE FRAUD!

We believe that as a consumers we have been lied to by Narconon via false verbal and written statements, promotional materials and documents which advertised promises which were not fulfilled. This includes false statements in Narconons introductory material that is sent prior to admittance, which states that they will file an insurance claim "after" 30 days of treatment. Additionally we were verbally told over the phone prior to our sons admittance and again in person at the actual admittance on May 29, 2007 by Bob Markham the program director, that Blue Cross/Blue Shield was accepted for reimbursement of our $29,000.00 paid them for the rehabilitation services. We have since found out on December 6, 2007, that Narconon IS NOT an approved facility through Blue Cross/Blue Shield and that they knew about this from the beginning. Also there is NO SECOND CLAIM on file.

After our son left the facility in late June 2007, 31 days after admittance, we attempted to recover our reimbursement, with the understanding that we would receive a complete reimbursement. We've tried ever since then to obtain what what we were promised.

Have to laugh to keep from crying...
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline NarcononHater

• On the path to knowledge
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 01:11 »
They told my family the same thing.
When they kicked me out they said I was lieing.
I asked them how it was ethical to kick me out of the program, and keep my parents hard earned cash.
I said you lied to get me here, and you lied about insurance covering my stay.
There response was "you guys (my family) should have looked into that before coming."
They did everything to get me there sooner. Offering to pay for plane flights, giving $2,000 discounts, etc.
Shame on Narconon.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 10:07 »
Straight up case of fraud that should be reported to the state's Attorney Generals office.

BigBeard

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 10:31 »
Always the same message.

They say anything they can to get clients at the center ASAP before they look on the internet.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2014, 11:09 »
Always the same message.

They say anything they can to get clients at the center ASAP before they look on the internet.

Dishonesty seems to be the Narconon trademark. Not something to be proud of, and the antithesis of what you would expect from a reputable drug treatment center.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 21:13 »
They told my family the same thing.
When they kicked me out they said I was lieing.
I asked them how it was ethical to kick me out of the program, and keep my parents hard earned cash.
I said you lied to get me here, and you lied about insurance covering my stay.
There response was "you guys (my family) should have looked into that before coming."
They did everything to get me there sooner. Offering to pay for plane flights, giving $2,000 discounts, etc.

I am shocked that even Narconon would say that! 

I thought I was pretty cynical about Narconon, but it's worse than even I thought.   (:E)

Shame on Narconon.

You got that right!   L-O-:
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline source

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 22:30 »
Maybe that is their new phrase answer for everything.

"Hey you told me it was 80% successful! but I just found out that's a lie"
"Hey you told me it wasn't scientology but it is"
"Hey you told me you had counseling and don't"
"Hey you said my insurance would pay"

Answer to all the above and anything else...

"You should have looked into that before coming"

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 23:21 »
There are a heck of a lot of complaints here about the insurance fraud:

Records Request Fulfilled: Michigan Attorney General releases complaints
http://narcononreviews.net/narconon/foia-request-michigan-attorney-general-releases-complaints/
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.