Author Topic: Oklahoma: Motion filed to obtain evidence in Narconon Deaths Investigation  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Looks like Gary Richardson, Esq. is on a roll....

April 8, 2014
Lawsuit requests evidence in Narconon investigation

By Kandra Wells Editor

McALESTER — A lawsuit filed after three people were found dead at Narconon Arrowhead, asks a state agency to turn over evidence from it’s investigation into the deaths.

Stacy Murphy, 20, of Owasso, Hillary Holten, 21, of Carrollton, Texas, and Gabriel Graves, 32, Kingfisher, all died at Narconon Arrowhead within a 9-month period.

Since July 2012 the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, Pittsburg County Sheriff, District Attorney Farley Ward and the Oklahoma Dept. of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services have been investigating the deaths.

And all three families have filed wrongful death lawsuits against the Church of Scientology based facility in Canadian.

The latest motion filed Thursday in Pittsburg County Court by the three families against Narconon of Oklahoma d.b.a. Narconon Arrowhead, Narconon International, the Association for Better Living and Education International and Gerald Wootan, DO, asks court to order ODMHSAS and its investigator at the time former ODMHSAS director Kimberly Poff to produce information linked to the investigation.

The lawsuit states the disclosure is necessary for the “protection of a legitimate public interest.”
- See more at:
http://www.mcalesternews.com/local/x493453854/Lawsuit-requests-evidence-in-Narconon-investigation
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 15:22 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I'm glad to see this. State agencies are hanging on to records that the public should have access to.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
Or in this case, they did next to nothing and are about to get exposed.
ET went home.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Agreed. NEVER trust ANY government agency to actually do what it is legally mandated to do. We ALL know that without the State of Georgia,s DHR having its feet publicly and privately held over a fire did that agency finally act. Fortunately for we here the outcome was positive.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Agreed. NEVER trust ANY government agency to actually do what it is legally mandated to do. We ALL know that without the State of Georgia,s DHR having its feet publicly and privately held over a fire did that agency finally act. Fortunately for we here the outcome was positive.

Positive, but tentative.  Soon the year NNGa surrendered their license for will be up, and they will be allowed to apply for a new one. 

People filing lawsuits against Narconon et. al. need to start including the state agencies who allow them to exist.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
State Investigators Of Narconon Arrowhead Say They Were Wrongfully Fired

http://www.news9.com/story/25286412/investigators-involved-in-narconon-investigation-fire

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
State Investigators Of Narconon Arrowhead Say They Were Wrongfully Fired

http://www.news9.com/story/25286412/investigators-involved-in-narconon-investigation-fire

Wish there was more information in the report.  My mind is going wild with speculation!

"Their termination, in part, relates to the Narconon Investigation."

Family members of those who died at the facility have become increasingly frustrated with a lack of results from the state investigation. But Robert Murphy, whose daughter Stacey died at the facility says Poff was the only one doing any investigating.

"In my opinion, Kim Poff was another victim of the abuses of Narconon Arrowhead and the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Service not protecting the public," said Murphy.

The EEOC has 180 days to investigate the complaint, before Poff and Delong can file a lawsuit against the state.

A State Department of mental health spokesman said they cannot comment on personnel matters. He says the Department of Mental Health has completed their investigation and turned their findings over to the Attorney General's office.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Where is the protection for consumers? Hopefully, the EEOC investigation will result in some people going to jail.

:O^:O#
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama