Author Topic: Narconon Trout Run in Maryland ( marketed as in DC but no where near DC)  (Read 26858 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Frederick County Council prepares for vote on Trout Run historic designation - The Frederick News-Post
designation

By Jen Fifield jfifield@newspost.com | Posted 3 hours ago
Frederick County Council members say the vote they are scheduled to make Tuesday isn't about whether to allow the Church of Scientology, or its teachings, to come to Frederick County.

The vote is about whether the 40-acre Trout Run campus in the forest of the Catoctin Mountains, with its rustic lodges and cottages, is so historically significant that it should be listed on the Frederick County Register of Historic Places.

If the council votes to add the property to the register, Narconon will be able to move forward with its plan to open a substance abuse treatment center on the site, off Catoctin Hollow Road near Thurmont. This would upset many members of the community who have been clear that they do not want that to happen, given Narconon's connection to Scientology.

But the council members say that's not what this is about.

The council is set to vote on the topic at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, but which way the decision will go, or whether the council will actually vote, is up in the air.

more at http://m.fredericknewspost.com/news/politics_and_government/frederick-county-council-prepares-for-vote-on-trout-run-historic/article_93d0ac89-146f-5a46-af32-c0ef717ccb4f.html?mode=jqm
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
In 2013, 89-year-old Howard Haugerud, managing partner of Trout Run LLC, sold the 40-acre property to West Coast Property Investments Inc. for $4.85 million after it spent years on the market.

West Coast Property Investments Inc., identified on the deed as “a Delaware corporation,” signed the purchase contract and applied for a special exception for the property’s use, then turned the site over to Social Betterment Properties International. Social Betterment is owned by the Church of Scientology.

Sounds a lot like the way they snuck into Clearwater, FL, using front companies to buy up property, then turning it over to $cientology.
Hey, that's a name that I've seen before!

Rehabilitation centre for drug addicts proposed for Mono-Adjala Townline August 1, 2013, Orangeville Citizen
Representatives from Meridian Planning (Meridian), Narconon International and Narconon Canada were greeted by a crowd of concerned citizens that filled the small meeting room in the Hockley Community and Seniors Hall Tuesday evening.

West Coast Property Investments Inc. is looking to acquire the property at 994091 Mono-Adjala Townline, about a mile north of Hockley village on the Adjala side of the townline. Currently listed for $2.9 million, the site would house a private drug addiction recovery centre.
West Coast Property Investments, for when SBPI isn't sneaky enough!

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
So much to update on this matter but for now lets just say that the citizens of Frederick County have won so far! That they are now onto what is going on and making sure this process is revisited, that mistakes made by others in the approval process are being noted and that corrections are in the process of being made.

Scientology ( via Sylvia and John Stanard out of DC Org ) is stepping up the PR moves but the community and the media are not buying it.   Listen to this 3 min Frederick News Post video of the vote - with council member comments before the vote, of the vote itself, community comments  and then Social Betterment Properties Int's attorney Bruce Dean and Yvonne Rodgers of Narconon East US are the sore losers.

Frederick County Council votes on fate of Trout Run
Published on Jun 3, 2015  - Frederick County Council votes on historic designation of Trout Run, comments from testifier, Narconon East U.S. Executive Director, and Narconon's Attorney.
https://youtu.be/meMwt0fp8wo

Do note that County Councilman Billy Shreve is the only one who voted Yea.

Here is a photo of him with a comment stating   

" I did see this guy lurking around Winchester Hall this afternoon. Police were able to identify him. It's L. Ron Shreve. "

There have been scientologist shills involved in this and one particular one, Patricia A Worsley aka Pat Worsley aka Patti Worsley has been outed by the citizens and is currently being exposed in several ways on the internet. Here are a few cartoons describing Patti's involvement and efforts to infiltrate the school system and her past failed efforts on the vote about Trout Run location as historic for the county register of historic places.

too funny!

I will be writing up a summary, soon. For now, do visit and read

No Narconon at Trout Run information website
https://nonarcononattroutrun.wordpress.com/

No Narconon at Trout Run  (Facebook group)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoNarcononTroutRun/

Media Press articles, 2011- present on the location and the Narconon/Scientology failing plan to infiltrate Maryland
https://nonarcononattroutrun.wordpress.com/press/

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
I've been going through about two years worth of Frederick News-Post archives, and the feeling I get about Bill Shreve is he never met a business he didn't like. He seems to consistently vote for what the people who elected him are against, and against what people are for. How he keeps getting elected beats the heck ouf of me.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I've been going through about two years worth of Frederick News-Post archives, and the feeling I get about Bill Shreve is he never met a business he didn't like. He seems to consistently vote for what the people who elected him are against, and against what people are for. How he keeps getting elected beats the heck ouf of me.

You nailed it, BigBeard!!!
Amazes me as well. I guess he's got a couple of years and then we shall see how he does in the next election
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
From the NN@TR FB group:
Information coming out of Mountain City, Georgia that a Trout Run Thurmont, MD reclining chair sold for over $5,000.00 including buyers premium at Golden Memories Auction.

more... Family's Choice Antiques, Route 15 North now has furniture items from Trout Run that folks might be interested in seeing what some of the contents look like.

Always looking to make a buck.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Excellent Letter to the Editor from State Delegate Karen Lewis Young, ending with: 

" Nevertheless, given that Narconon has no evidence of independent endorsements of their program, and the state of Georgia has recently banned their facilities, many of us will be watching very closely to ensure that an application submitted by their organization meets the strictest definition of the law."

Read on

Watching Narconon closely

Frederick News Post Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2015
http://www.fredericknewspost.com/opinion/letter_to_editor/watching-narconon-closely/article_7b168037-8669-5309-a0bf-40409b00bbb3.html

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
The Frederick County Council's Ruling on Trout Run's Historic Designation for the proposed Scientology drug rehab has been appealed as of 7/1/2015

To find the case use the following link and search on company name = SOCIAL BETTERMENT, county = Frederick

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch//inquiry-index.jsp

Screengrabs for posterity sake below.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 21:52 by AnonLover »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Gee, looks they are essentially claiming that someone didn't do their duty or something occurred that interfered with the duty to perform.

Offline Juicer77

• On the path to knowledge
  • Curiouser and Curiouser
Nice timing -  filing right before the holiday weekend so it would get overlooked.  ::) Like this group would miss it!  Great job keeping up on this stuff.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
Next they'll be claiming that the property is historical due to the hard fought battle to jam a Narconon in there.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Scientologists Appealing Rejection Of Drug Rehab Center Plan - CBS Baltimore
July 7, 2015 7:05 AM

FREDERICK, Md. (AP) — Lawyers for a Scientology-affiliated drug rehab facility are appealing a Frederick County Council vote that rejected a plan to turn a former presidential fishing spot into a Narconon drug rehabilitation center.

A request for judicial review was filed in Frederick County Circuit court on Wednesday, though the short filing did not specify reasons for the appeal.

Bruce Dean, an attorney for the project, says it was premature to describe the grounds for the appeal.
more at http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/07/07/scientologists-appealing-rejection-of-drug-rehab-center-plan/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
Scientology cries religious discrimination in appeal brief filed in Maryland zoning fight
Monday, October 26, 2015 7:00 AM
http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/26/scientology-cries-religious-discrimination-in-appeal-brief-filed-in-maryland-zoning-fight/

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
But - I thought Narconon had nothing to do with $cientology! Isn't that what they claim whenever they are sued for the harms done by Narconon? Or when anyone points out that there is no real difference between the required behaviours of each?

Yeah, right!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Scientology cries religious discrimination in appeal brief filed in Maryland zoning fight
Monday, October 26, 2015 7:00 AM
http://tonyortega.org/2015/10/26/scientology-cries-religious-discrimination-in-appeal-brief-filed-in-maryland-zoning-fight/

I think most of us were fully expecting this move.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
I think adding the "religious discrimination" card to their deck is the primary reason SBPI got it's status changed from "Tax Exempt - Other" to "Tax Exempt - Religious" back in 2009. Also to hide the money flows, they never filed another 990 after 2008. Which is extremely frustrating to the money flow charting I've been working on. I've found "grants" going to SBPI, but it's like the money fell into a black hole from there.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Bunker post and update: Here’s the local county’s response
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2015, 17:23 »
The bunker reports on Trout Run. Mathias did a very good job here, leaving all the rhetoric, accusations and poorly written Memorandum of Law filed by Social Betterment Properties in support of it's appeal, for the Court to respond to. Can't wait for the January hearing and written decision by the Court.

Scientology wants to force a drug rehab center on Maryland: Here’s the local county’s response
http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/27/scientology-wants-to-force-a-drug-rehab-center-on-maryland-heres-the-local-countys-response/

Frederick County Response
https://www.scribd.com/doc/291254426/Frederick-County-Response?secret_password=VJsgd1z7A6esdu5aDmR9

Best comment at the Bunker regarding Frederick County Council attorney response in Social Betterment appeal case posted today!

Your Coccyx • 9 hours ago

LOL that response is wonderful. In short:
--You told us about Narconon initially, and it still had nothing to do with our decision, you idiots
--Most of the buildings aren't "historic"; built in the 1970s isn't "historic", you idiots
--Even if they were, the council isn't required in any way to designate them as historic for your benefit, hence the word "may" in the statute, you idiots
--Even your idiot "expert" couldn't confirm Hoover was ever there, you idiots
--Even your idiot "expert" admitted other camps in the area were more "historic" than this piece of crap, you idiots
--How can you "pass history on to the public and future generations" at a private site, you idiots

...And that's why the court should dismiss this stupid case,
XOXO, The Council

http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/27/scientology-wants-to-force-a-drug-rehab-center-on-maryland-heres-the-local-countys-response/#comment-2381073938

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
I really like the way the response is written in plain, everyday, English you don't have to be a lawyer to understand. The part about a "Historic Designation" hearing operating under completely different rules than a "Zoning" hearing was best.

Especially where it essentially tells DM to 'word clear' the difference between "May" and "Must". :-D^\^\
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I really like the way the response is written in plain, everyday, English you don't have to be a lawyer to understand. The part about a "Historic Designation" hearing operating under completely different rules than a "Zoning" hearing was best.

Especially where it essentially tells DM to 'word clear' the difference between "May" and "Must". :-D^\^\

Haha!! I agree!