Author Topic: Narconon Trout Run in Maryland ( marketed as in DC but no where near DC)  (Read 24459 times)

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source

Offline Juicer77

• On the path to knowledge
  • Curiouser and Curiouser

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
I see Sylvia's putting TR-L in to full use during the Q&A. Guess she doesn't think anyone will actually check up on her statements.
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I see Sylvia's putting TR-L in to full use during the Q&A. Guess she doesn't think anyone will actually check up on her statements.

Oh, yeah! What a bunch of baloney. I wonder if these two even know what the truth is anymore.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Looks like one Ronbot commenting in the story with David Love, none I see in the Q&A comments. narCONon's getting hammered pretty good in both.
BigBeard

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Ronbot's are out and about in the comments and don't appear too happy about dealing with facts. Ad hominem's attacks are kicking in.
BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I would like to reply to Pickanotherid's request in the comments on the article linked above, but cannot get a reply box or window.  Will someone who can reply please post this link to "some facts, from sources with no ties to, or payments from, Scientology or narCONon on how effective narCONon is", since we know MAVRICKinc7 won't:

http://narcononreviews.net/resources/for-potential-clients/narconon-information/the-narconon-program/narconon-detox-methods/

Thanks!
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Narconon Reviews: Kudos to Citizen Action – Efforts to Keep Narconon Out of Maryland

Hope I got the facts right!  Let me know in the comments if I didn't.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
The FNP site is a bit strange. It will let you "register", but that doesn't get you access to post. You have to "Subscribe" to at least the $7.99/mo digital edition to get posting privileges. You don't have to "auto renew", you can go "month by month" and let it lapse when no longer needed.

Link to Hambo's 29th was added to comments this morning!

BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
The FNP site is a bit strange. It will let you "register", but that doesn't get you access to post. You have to "Subscribe" to at least the $7.99/mo digital edition to get posting privileges. You don't have to "auto renew", you can go "month by month" and let it lapse when no longer needed.

Link to Hambo's 29th was added to comments this morning!

Oh, thanks for that interesting info.  And BIG THANKS to Pickanotherid for finding it here and posting it.   ;)

Narconon Reviews

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
Why would they try to open a narconon as Group home, according to the admission standards
B. A group home may not admit an individual if the individual:
(1) Has a primary diagnosis of alcoholism, drug addition, or severe brain damage; or
(2) Shows current violent or antisocial behavior.
http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/getfile.aspx?file=10.21.04.03.htm

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Why would they try to open a narconon as Group home, according to the admission standards
B. A group home may not admit an individual if the individual:
(1) Has a primary diagnosis of alcoholism, drug addition, or severe brain damage; or
(2) Shows current violent or antisocial behavior.
http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/getfile.aspx?file=10.21.04.03.htm

Because in their minds $cientology, and it's front groups like narCONon, are above WOG law. If they get in, once the doors open they'll do whatever they want, regardless what the law says. All you have to do is look at what went on with narCONon Georgia regarding "residential/outpatient" to see that.
BigBeard

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
I understand narconon does not follow the rules, but they are a alcohol and drug rehab business.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Yeah. Somehow, Narconon hopes to slither in under the radar with this group home thing. It seems like a bizarre strategy. Possibly, they see an opportunity to qualify for an exemption. I'm still getting familiar with the regs. So, bear with me....

Some links to Maryland substance abuse treatment licensure.
http://dhmh.maryland.gov/ohcq/SA/default.aspx
http://dhmh.maryland.gov/ohcq/SA/sitePages/Licensure.aspx

From the FAQ:

FAQ’s for Substance Abuse Unit – Licensing
Q. What types of substance abuse programs are licensed by OHCQ?
A. All programs offering drug and alcohol treatment, care, and rehabilitation are required to be certified unless they fall into the following categories:
 A health professional licensed under the Health Occupations Article who is treating patients within the scope of the professional's practice and who does not advertise the practice as an alcohol abuse or drug abuse program;
 Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, transitional housing programs, or other similar organizations, if the organization holds meetings or provides support services to help individuals who show the effects of drug abuse or alcohol abuse;
 An employees' assistance program of a business entity; and
 A hospital as defined in Health-General Article, §19-301, Annotated Code of Maryland, accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations with a separately accredited alcohol and drug abuse program.
http://dhmh.maryland.gov/ohcq/SA/docs/Substance%20Abuse%20-%20License%20FAQ.pdf
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, transitional housing programs, or other similar organizations, if the organization holds meetings or provides support services to help individuals who show the effects of drug abuse or alcohol abuse;

I suspect they'll push real hard for this one, maybe even trying to use the 'Narcotics Anonymous' vs 'narCONon' confusion. They'll claim they hold meetings, and call the sauna "support services".
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, transitional housing programs, or other similar organizations, if the organization holds meetings or provides support services to help individuals who show the effects of drug abuse or alcohol abuse;

I suspect they'll push real hard for this one, maybe even trying to use the 'Narcotics Anonymous' vs 'narCONon' confusion. They'll claim they hold meetings, and call the sauna "support services".

Or, their version of SMART Recovery. They are offering SMART recovery meetings at BDR.
http://www.smartrecovery.org/meetings_db/view/showalpha_state.php?search=M 
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Jen Fifield at the Frederick News-Post is looking for more info on the narCONon Trout Run issue. A request for help was posted over on WWP at: https://whyweprotest.net/threads/narconon-in-trout-run-maryland.125200/page-6#post-2536978

I sent her an e-mail pointing her at narCONon Reviews, and here. Suggested she register here and ask questions directily, since there's a lot of expertise on narCONon here.
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Oh, things are getting very interesting in Maryland!

Truth about Trout Run Myths obscure Trout Run’s past - The Frederick News-Post

By Sylvia Carignan
The ramps beside the stone steps were not built for President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s wheelchair.

No president ever slept in the retreat’s stone-walled cabins.

The name “Trout Run” was not its first name and likely won’t be its last.

The 40-acre site at 12929 Catoctin Hollow Road near Thurmont has been shrouded in more fiction than fact during the past few months it’s spent in the spotlight.

more at http://www.fredericknewspost.com/news/environment/natural_resource/myths-obscure-trout-run-s-past/article_4fad9e69-6a00-5a69-82c1-87989f47aa52.html
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
In 2013, 89-year-old Howard Haugerud, managing partner of Trout Run LLC, sold the 40-acre property to West Coast Property Investments Inc. for $4.85 million after it spent years on the market.

West Coast Property Investments Inc., identified on the deed as “a Delaware corporation,” signed the purchase contract and applied for a special exception for the property’s use, then turned the site over to Social Betterment Properties International. Social Betterment is owned by the Church of Scientology.

Sounds a lot like the way they snuck into Clearwater, FL, using front companies to buy up property, then turning it over to $cientology.
BigBeard