Author Topic: 501(c)3 Status Revoked for Three narCONons  (Read 1681 times)

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
501(c)3 Status Revoked for Three narCONons
« on: August 23, 2014, 13:41 »
Some of this is a bit dated, but anyone tracking the money should be aware 501(c)3 status has been revoked for three narCONons in the last few years. Especially when looking at where "grants" have supposedly been flowing since these revocations. Note none of these exemptions has been reinstated since being revoked. Will also post over on WWP.

From the IRS Select Check search info:

Exempt Organizations Select Check
Automatic Revocation of Exemption Information

The federal tax exemption of this organization was automatically revoked for its failure to file a Form 990-series return or notice for three consecutive years. The information listed below for each organization is historical; it is current as of the organization's effective date of automatic revocation. The information is not necessarily current as of today's date. Nor does this automatic revocation necessarily reflect the organization's tax-exempt or non-exempt status. The organization may have applied to the IRS for recognition of exemption and been recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt after its effective date of automatic revocation. To check whether an organization is currently recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt, call Customer Account Services at (877) 829-5500 (toll-free number).

EIN           Legal Name (DBA)                               City                    St    ZIP     Exemption   Revocation Date      Revocation Posting Date    Exemption Reinstatement Date
05-0617559   APPALACHIAN MOUNTAIN OF HOPE INC   FORT ASHBY     WV 26719  501(c)(3)     15-May-2010           09-Jun-2011
                   (NARCONON APALACIAN MOUNTAIN OF HOPE)
43-1936845   NARCONON ST LOUIS INC                         CHESTERFIELD MO 63017  501(c)(3)      15-Dec-2010           10-Aug-2011    
74-3193939   NARCONON JOSHUA HILLS                       PALM DESERT   CA  92255  501(c)(3)      15-May-2012            11-Feb-2013    

Details:

Revocation Date (effective date on which organization's tax exemption was automatically revoked): 15-May-2010
Employer Identification Number (EIN): 05-0617559
Legal Name: APPALACHIAN MOUNTAIN OF HOPE INC
Doing Business As: NARCONON APALACIAN MOUNTAIN OF HOPE
Mailing Address: 14004 WOODSEDGE RD FORT ASHBY, WV 26719-9218
Exemption Type: 501(c)(3)
Revocation Posting Date (date on which IRS posted notice of automatic revocation on IRS.gov): 09-Jun-2011
Exemption Reinstatement Date (effective date of tax exemption, determined by the IRS
after the organization's exemption was automatically revoked and the organization applied for reinstatement of exemption.):

Revocation Date (effective date on which organization's tax exemption was automatically revoked): 15-Dec-2010
Employer Identification Number (EIN): 43-1936845
Legal Name: NARCONON ST LOUIS INC
Doing Business As:
Mailing Address: 15259 KINGSMAN CIR CHESTERFIELD, MO 63017-7412
Revocation Posting Date (date on which IRS posted notice of automatic revocation on IRS.gov): 10-Aug-2011
Exemption Reinstatement Date (effective date of tax exemption, determined by the IRS
after the organization's exemption was automatically revoked and the organization applied for reinstatement of exemption.):

Revocation Date (effective date on which organization's tax exemption was automatically revoked): 15-May-2012
Employer Identification Number (EIN): 74-3193939
Legal Name: NARCONON JOSHUA HILLS
Doing Business As:
Mailing Address: PO BOX 13075 PALM DESERT, CA 92255-3075
Revocation Posting Date (date on which IRS posted notice of automatic revocation on IRS.gov): 11-Feb-2013

BigBeard

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
Re: 501(c)3 Status Revoked for Three narCONons
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 15:17 »
Some of this is a bit dated, but anyone tracking the money should be aware 501(c)3 status has been revoked for three narCONons in the last few years. Especially when looking at where "grants" have supposedly been flowing since these revocations. Note none of these exemptions has been reinstated since being revoked. Will also post over on WWP.

From the IRS Select Check search info:

Exempt Organizations Select Check
Automatic Revocation of Exemption Information

The federal tax exemption of this organization was automatically revoked for its failure to file a Form 990-series return or notice for three consecutive years. The information listed below for each organization is historical; it is current as of the organization's effective date of automatic revocation. The information is not necessarily current as of today's date. Nor does this automatic revocation necessarily reflect the organization's tax-exempt or non-exempt status. The organization may have applied to the IRS for recognition of exemption and been recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt after its effective date of automatic revocation. To check whether an organization is currently recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt, call Customer Account Services at (877) 829-5500 (toll-free number).

EIN           Legal Name (DBA)                               City                    St    ZIP     Exemption   Revocation Date      Revocation Posting Date    Exemption Reinstatement Date
05-0617559   APPALACHIAN MOUNTAIN OF HOPE INC   FORT ASHBY     WV 26719  501(c)(3)     15-May-2010           09-Jun-2011
                   (NARCONON APALACIAN MOUNTAIN OF HOPE)
43-1936845   NARCONON ST LOUIS INC                         CHESTERFIELD MO 63017  501(c)(3)      15-Dec-2010           10-Aug-2011    
74-3193939   NARCONON JOSHUA HILLS                       PALM DESERT   CA  92255  501(c)(3)      15-May-2012            11-Feb-2013    

Details:

Revocation Date (effective date on which organization's tax exemption was automatically revoked): 15-May-2010
Employer Identification Number (EIN): 05-0617559
Legal Name: APPALACHIAN MOUNTAIN OF HOPE INC
Doing Business As: NARCONON APALACIAN MOUNTAIN OF HOPE
Mailing Address: 14004 WOODSEDGE RD FORT ASHBY, WV 26719-9218
Revocation Posting Date (date on which IRS posted notice of automatic revocation on IRS.gov): 09-Jun-2011

Revocation Date (effective date on which organization's tax exemption was automatically revoked): 15-Dec-2010
Employer Identification Number (EIN): 43-1936845
Legal Name: NARCONON ST LOUIS INC
Doing Business As:
Mailing Address: 15259 KINGSMAN CIR CHESTERFIELD, MO 63017-7412
Revocation Posting Date (date on which IRS posted notice of automatic revocation on IRS.gov): 10-Aug-2011

Revocation Date (effective date on which organization's tax exemption was automatically revoked): 15-May-2012
Employer Identification Number (EIN): 74-3193939
Legal Name: NARCONON JOSHUA HILLS
Doing Business As:
Mailing Address: PO BOX 13075 PALM DESERT, CA 92255-3075
Revocation Posting Date (date on which IRS posted notice of automatic revocation on IRS.gov): 11-Feb-2013
Nice find. Are these locations still open?

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 16:15 »
I don't know if they've closed, or morphed with a name change into "non-profit" state level status without the federal level exemption.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 09:13 »
Joshua Hills was long closed before they lost their tax exempt status.

Narconon Joshua Hills aka Narconon Palm Springs  aka Desert Springs was owned by Danny Pharmer and his wife Tiffany Pharmer aka Guzman, both not scientologists.  I don't recall David being the ED... he called himself on LinkedIN as Program Director at Desert Rehab Centers, which is the other name they went by "Desert Rehab". The facility was located in Desert Palm Springs... they had and used other Pharmer owned houses on the block and behind their block but all these were illegal. Lots of complaints about the place... They were only licensed for 6 patients at the Gibraltar address. They lost their license a few years ago.

I got many complaints about this facility and reported them for license violations. Quite a few refunds were demanded at the end. The place was a mess. Staff doing drugs and having sex with patients. I believe that state and local officials were involved because of complaints and eventually they closed down.
This was the first complaint filed against them that started the ball rolling. There were many agency complaints after this
https://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2009/07/06/18605842.php
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 09:36 »
Thanks for the info Mary. I mainly through these up so anyone tracking the money would be aware they had not filed 990's for at least 3 years before the revocation date. So if any "grants" to/from them showed up elsewhere, it'd be obvious something hinky was going on.

3 down, too many to go.
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 12:30 »
Thanks for the info Mary. I mainly through these up so anyone tracking the money would be aware they had not filed 990's for at least 3 years before the revocation date. So if any "grants" to/from them showed up elsewhere, it'd be obvious something hinky was going on.

3 down, too many to go.

Thanks. I'm not sure, however, that any of the the Narconons get grants from anywhere but Narconon or Scientology. I never heard of any getting any grants outside the network.

I'm sure this thread will also be good for those who attended Joshua Hills to see. The other two, I don't think they ever opened in the first place.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 10:50 »
APPALACHIAN MOUNTAIN OF HOPE, INC. is still a corporation and files annual reports.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_wv/233754

On the net, all I could find was a begging page claiming to be a 501 C-3, and Facebook:
http://mountainofhope.vpweb.com/?prefix=www
https://www.facebook.com/AppalachianMountainofHope/

No Form-990s filed:
http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=NPO.Summary&EIN=050617559&BMF=1&Cobrandid=0&Syndicate=No

Aha! Ruling date for charity status: 04/2016. Worth keeping an eye on then.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:02 by DeathHamster »