Author Topic: Confusion about Best Drug Rehab Corporate Entities  (Read 10236 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Confusion about Best Drug Rehab Corporate Entities
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 18:31 »
In looking back... I think that the reports I send around were for Narconon Freedom Center. They were from March 2015 and familiar to me. License details and 2 complaints for them can be found here

https://w2.lara.state.mi.us/VAL/License/Details/2179425
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2015, 18:50 »
SERENITY POINT RECOVERY INC.
Status Active I

Expiration Date 12/01/2015
Address: 15140 16th Avenue, Marne, MI 49435
Same location as the dissolved Best Drug Rehabilitation Marne, Inc.

Category:Best Drug Rehabilitation

He must have filing cabinets full of sock-puppet companies.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 07:44 »
More confusion.

There's still no license for Tranquility Detox in the online system. Instead, there was one for A Forever Recovery at the 163 North Avenue, Battle Creek location that expired 07/31/2014.

https://w2.lara.state.mi.us/VAL/License/Details/2179574

But that location is still licensed as a Residential Detox under BEST DRUG REHABILITATION:

https://w2.lara.state.mi.us/VAL/License/Details/2179575
While adding license expiration dates, I notice that license expires 07/31/2015, and its status is Closed.

Does Per have another sock-company and license covering that location?

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 11:34 »
While adding license expiration dates, I notice that license expires 07/31/2015, and its status is Closed.

Does Per have another sock-company and license covering that location?
"Serenity..." seems to be his latest branding name du jour. Since I researched the recently opened one in Marne/GrandRapids, there's been another serenity rehab website pop up that's cookie cutter'd from the first one and it looks like a wickstrom "serenity" chain may be emerging.  However, there are other non-wickstrom recovery/rehab services in Michigan with "Serenity..." names so the usual shell company name-game has been ratcheted up a notch.

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 13:57 »
I searched for licenses of type Substance Abuse in Battle Creek, but the only ones I found for that location are the 2014-expired A Forever Recovery one and the Closed/soon to expire Best Drug Rehab one. (Unless he's using a very unlikely name.)

Perhaps he's finding Michigan inspections hard, and that's why he's shifting to other states?

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 17:43 »
I searched for licenses of type Substance Abuse in Battle Creek, but the only ones I found for that location are the 2014-expired A Forever Recovery one and the Closed/soon to expire Best Drug Rehab one. (Unless he's using a very unlikely name.)

Perhaps he's finding Michigan inspections hard, and that's why he's shifting to other states?

Michigan certainly has an eye on him.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2015, 09:42 »
Per does it again, and rotates his smelly sock companies.

Now A Forever Recovery has the 163 North Ave, Battle Creek location and license. Good grief, that one address has been Tranquility Detox, Best Drug Rehabilitation, Life Solutions and now A Forever Recovery, probably more.

I hope someone in Michigan is paying attention to this game of Hide The Lady.

https://w2.lara.state.mi.us/VAL/License/Details/2303536
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 10:00 by DeathHamster »

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 14:45 »
I got tired of Per swapping licenses and companies all the time, and dropped a locations table on his page to nail them down.

Category:Per Wickstrom

I've been trying to find Michigan's definition of "Residential Detox". I doubt that covers a full medical detox, because they're all listed that way, so where does he do those now (if at all), and how would it be listed in LARA?

(I notice his licenses are very short-term. Michigan tightening the leash?)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 16:40 »
Nice work! +!+
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 10:43 »
Another LARA record, SA0510026, for 300 Care Center Dr, Manistee, MI, 49660 - Best Drug Rehabilitation, Inc.

https://w2.lara.state.mi.us/VAL/License/Details/2180024
510026 Best Drug Rehab 12-16-15.pdf Annual Survey

It looks like they were on the naughty list.
Based on the state licensure inspection findings, the Department has determined that Best Drug Rehabilitation, #SA0510026, is not in substantial compliance with the requirements of codes and rules, specifically  R 325.14404 (1) and Michigan Board of Pharmacy Administrative Rules R 338.3132 (1) (f), R 338.3170 (2).

R 325.14404 (1) requires the medical director be responsible for ensuring that the program comply with all laws, rules and regulations regarding medical treatment of narcotic addiction. R 338.3132 (1) (f) requires that a physician that prescribes, dispenses or administers a drug to a drug dependent person in a drug treatment and rehabilitation program must have a separate license for each location where the activity occurs. R 338.3170 (2) requires a physician to have a Drug Treatment Program Prescriber License in order to prescribe, dispense or administer a drug to a patient in a drug treatment and rehabilitation program. On the day of the survey the program physician did not have a Drug Treatment Program Prescriber License for the program location.

At the completion of the survey, the above concern was addressed with the program. Upon correction, the program shall be in substantial compliance with the MCL 333.6201 through MCL 333.6251 and/or the Michigan Administrative Rules R325.14101 through R325.14298 as applicable.
Bah, nothing about deadlines for compliance or penalties for non-compliance. ("substantial" seems like a completely useless word. Is it in compliance or not?)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:54 by DeathHamster »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 20:48 »
Another LARA record, SA0510026, for 300 Care Center Dr, Manistee, MI, 49660 - Best Drug Rehabilitation, Inc.

https://w2.lara.state.mi.us/VAL/License/Details/2180024
510026 Best Drug Rehab 12-16-15.pdf Annual Survey

It looks like they were on the naughty list.
Based on the state licensure inspection findings, the Department has determined that Best Drug Rehabilitation, #SA0510026, is not in substantial compliance with the requirements of codes and rules, specifically  R 325.14404 (1) and Michigan Board of Pharmacy Administrative Rules R 338.3132 (1) (f), R 338.3170 (2).

R 325.14404 (1) requires the medical director be responsible for ensuring that the program comply with all laws, rules and regulations regarding medical treatment of narcotic addiction. R 338.3132 (1) (f) requires that a physician that prescribes, dispenses or administers a drug to a drug dependent person in a drug treatment and rehabilitation program must have a separate license for each location where the activity occurs. R 338.3170 (2) requires a physician to have a Drug Treatment Program Prescriber License in order to prescribe, dispense or administer a drug to a patient in a drug treatment and rehabilitation program. On the day of the survey the program physician did not have a Drug Treatment Program Prescriber License for the program location.

At the completion of the survey, the above concern was addressed with the program. Upon correction, the program shall be in substantial compliance with the MCL 333.6201 through MCL 333.6251 and/or the Michigan Administrative Rules R325.14101 through R325.14298 as applicable.
Bah, nothing about deadlines for compliance or penalties for non-compliance. ("substantial" seems like a completely useless word. Is it in compliance or not?)

They are on the naughty list!

Basically, LARA is stating that BDR is currently NOT in compliance, but once the cited issues are corrected, will be.

State agencies will generally allow a cited facility to provide a plan of correction, which will be reviewed by the state and approved or not.  Once the POC is approved, a follow-up survey is conducted to verify the plan of correction has been implemented (or not) before any sanctions or fines are levied. 

I don't know if that's exactly how things operate for substance abuse treatment in MI. There may be instances where they would waive some requirements.

There are circumstances where a facility license may be suspended or revoked.

http://w3.lara.state.mi.us/orr/Files/AdminCode/390_10366_AdminCode.pdf
-Dalai Lama

Offline Miss Fortune

• Fly in the Ointment
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 07:42 »
Just for the record, the State of Michigan has never ordered a rehab facility closed. Ever.

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 12:15 »
Ive been in meetings with Per and the inspectors from the state of Michigan.  He is not at all worried about them.  Once you get the license its pretty easy to stay in business and still be a scumbag.
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 18:37 »
Just for the record, the State of Michigan has never ordered a rehab facility closed. Ever.

Apparently, drug rehabs do no get the same level of scrutiny as nursing homes.
-Dalai Lama