Author Topic: Narconon Huntington Harbor House  (Read 6743 times)

Offline RodKeller

• Joker and Degrader
Re: Narconon Huntington Harbor House
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 14:03 »
\

Offline RodKeller

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 14:10 »

Offline RodKeller

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 14:23 »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 10:10 »
Thanks for getting those documents, Rod.

Yes, Huntington Harbor House license expired 02/28/2014, so they are out of operation.
Here is a most recent list of licensed facilities, listing names locations and expiration dates of licenses, including Huntington Harbor House.
March 2014 list
http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/provgovpart/Documents/Status_Report-March_2014.pdf

Note: None of the Narconon Northern California facilities are listed under the new corporate name change, Halcyon Horizons Incorporated. And none of the program names for them are registered as fictitious names with Santa Cruz County Clerk.

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 23:14 »
The February 2015 list still has them:
http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/Documents/Status_Report_February_2015_ada.pdf

Program Name:
HUNTINGTON HARBOR HOUSE
Legal Name:
NARCONON FRESH START
Address:
17123 ROUNDHILL DRIVE
City, State Zip:
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92649
Phone:
(949)675-8988
Record ID: 300077AN
Service Type: RES-DETOX
Resident Capacity: 6
Total Occupancy: 10
Target Population: 1.1 --- CO-ED
Expiration Date: 02/28/2016

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 00:14 »
The February 2015 list still has them:
http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/Documents/Status_Report_February_2015_ada.pdf

Program Name:
HUNTINGTON HARBOR HOUSE
Legal Name:
NARCONON FRESH START
Address:
17123 ROUNDHILL DRIVE
City, State Zip:
HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA 92649
Phone:
(949)675-8988
Record ID: 300077AN
Service Type: RES-DETOX
Resident Capacity: 6
Total Occupancy: 10
Target Population: 1.1 --- CO-ED
Expiration Date: 02/28/2016

Yes, they send people there for detox
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 01:08 »
It looks like Halcyon Horizons Inc. finally made the Exempt List. It appears to be a name change though, not a new entity creation. The EIN is the same as the one that was assigned to NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, which is not longer in the database, up until it's last 990 in 2013. EIN's are never reused for a new entity, only reassigned to a new name for the existing entity:

EIN: 770275827
HALCYON HORIZONS INCORPORATED
% NATHAN TUDDENHAM
262 GAFFEY RD
WATSONVILLE CA 95076-9731
GEN: 0000 (Not part of a Group Exemption Letter)
03: 501(c)3
3: Independent
Ruling Date: 201409
NTEE: B99 - Education N.E.C.

B99 Note: Use this code for organizations that clearly provide education services where the major purpose is unclear and cannot be accurately assigned.
NAICS: 611000 - Education Services

Interestingly enough, Narconon Fresh Start is still listed as part of NN Int, with no mention of HUNTINGTON HARBOR HOUSE:

EIN: 330911677
NARCONON INTERNATIONAL
% LAWRENCE W TRAHANT
225 W BROADWAY STE 420
GLENDALE CA 91204-1331
GEN: 2595
03: 501(c)3
9: Subordinate Organization
Ruling Date: 197501 (Apparently 501(c)3 before the Closing Agreement, but aborbed into NN Int at some point after)
NTEE: Not Listed
DBA: NARCONON FRESH START

« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:15 by BigBeard »
BigBeard

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 09:35 »
I believe Huntington Harbor House  is one of  the five facilities that are controlled by  Narconon Fresh Start and and rolled into their Form 990.

http://207.153.189.83/EINS/330911677/330911677_2013_0af52d19.PDF

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 14:31 »
Probably. Some pretty high compensation levels for the directors. Notice they did a "compensation comparison" with comparable institutions using 990's from GuideStar and ERI. I'll bet all of those comparable institutions were other narCONons.
BigBeard

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 14:08 »
We should get these two complaint forms added to NR since this place appears to still be up and running.
PDF versions available below.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B55jed1kr_E0Mnp5bkRmclRLajg&usp=sharing

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 09:29 »
Good idea. On complaint 10-330, I wonder why the responses by the interviewees as to whether they were seen by an MD or currently receiving any medications were redacted?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline AnonLover

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2015, 10:39 »
Good idea. On complaint 10-330, I wonder why the responses by the interviewees as to whether they were seen by an MD or currently receiving any medications were redacted?

HIPPA better safe than sorry handling?

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2015, 11:18 »
HIPPA better safe than sorry handling?

I'm sure that would be the reason given, if asked.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 19:38 »
This link is in the comment section at the Underground Bunker interesting read.
http://crazygirlblogger.com/narconon-rehab-series-part-1/

Offline sweetdee312

• New Around Here
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 20:47 »
I saw this forum and literally made an account to respond to this specifically. I was at the Huntington House in August and September, and my withdraw group was literally the last to go through before they changed the policies. They're now doing book one at the withdraw house so they can put students right into the sauna when they get up to the center and this was literally right before fresh start basically ceased to exist. I was contacted by a former Nevada staff member (he worked there for almost three years and left a little over a year ago) when Warner reopened and he told me that all of the staff were being brought to LA to basically undergo training specifically for Scientology. He also said that staff members that were not willing to convert to Scientology and sign the billion year contract were fired, usually for things that had happened at one point or another but saved for this purpose.

I'm not sure if he had all of the correct info, so I was wondering what actually happened to fresh start?

I was at Narconon Nevada from July 2014-October 2014, and then at Warner from March 2015- April 2015 and went back to Warner this past August but couldn't manage to walk through the door after I went through detox at Pat Moorw and did my time at Huntington. Luckily I had a friend in Temecula who came and got me. But from what my experience was, and I was there relatively recently, the place was dirty and over crowded and the staff are all compulsive liars. Was not impressed.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 22:34 »
I saw this forum and literally made an account to respond to this specifically. I was at the Huntington House in August and September, and my withdraw group was literally the last to go through before they changed the policies. They're now doing book one at the withdraw house so they can put students right into the sauna when they get up to the center and this was literally right before fresh start basically ceased to exist. I was contacted by a former Nevada staff member (he worked there for almost three years and left a little over a year ago) when Warner reopened and he told me that all of the staff were being brought to LA to basically undergo training specifically for Scientology. He also said that staff members that were not willing to convert to Scientology and sign the billion year contract were fired, usually for things that had happened at one point or another but saved for this purpose.

I'm not sure if he had all of the correct info, so I was wondering what actually happened to fresh start?

I was at Narconon Nevada from July 2014-October 2014, and then at Warner from March 2015- April 2015 and went back to Warner this past August but couldn't manage to walk through the door after I went through detox at Pat Moorw and did my time at Huntington. Luckily I had a friend in Temecula who came and got me. But from what my experience was, and I was there relatively recently, the place was dirty and over crowded and the staff are all compulsive liars. Was not impressed.

Thanks for registering and posting here, sweetdee312. There's plenty you've stated that is disturbing. Earlier initiation of sauna is concerning, coercion into scientology via threat of loss of job is immoral and illegal, but some call it policy.

I can certainly understand why you couldn't manage to walk back through that door!

-Dalai Lama

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 11:06 »
Huntington Harbor House was the location that was dirty and overcrowded?

Their license is for "Resident Capacity: 6 Total Occupancy: 10", so it sounds like they were running over. *shock*!

If they're folding up Narconon Fresh Start, they'll probably be unfolding it with a new name. Time to check the latest DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CARE SERVICES LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION BRANCH STATUS REPORT to see what new entity is running the same old locations.

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 11:37 »
While fishing for the latest PDF, I hit this link which provides California information in a variety of useful formats: CSV, CSV for Excel, JSON, PDF, RDF, RSS, XLS, XLSX, XML. (RSS? Hmm.)

https://chhs.data.ca.gov/Facilities-and-Services/Department-of-Health-Care-Services-DHCS-Licensed-R/rzbp-crfv

And in case that link is volatile, start from here:
https://chhs.data.ca.gov/browse?category=Facilities+and+Services

I wonder how "live" this data is?

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 15:18 »
If you click on the 'about' link to the far right, and just below, the 'Search' box it says the list is updated monthly. You have to scroll down quite a ways, but it's there, "Posting Frequency    Monthly". It doesn't say when during the month though.
BigBeard