Author Topic: Narconon Northern California changes name to Halcyon Horizons (was Re: Lawsuits against Narconon and  (Read 9969 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Narconon Northern California  apparently changed it's corporate name in January 2014 to HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED, hence it's inclusion in Hannon's case for ENNA KUTZ
Business Registration | California (Home State)

California Secretary of State Data updated August 26, 2014
Business Details
Business Name:    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED
Citizenship:    Domestic
State of Incorporation:    CA
Business Type:    Corporation
Tax Base:    Non-Stock (Nonprofit)
Classification:    Public Benefit
Mailing Address:    262 GAFFEY ROAD
WATSONVILLE, CA 95076
Secretary of State ID:    C1570562
Incorporation Date:    10/15/1990
Transaction History
Transaction    Amendment ID    Transaction Type    Comments
01/07/2014    A0750059    Restated Articles    NAME CHANGE FROM: NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
09/06/2001       Franchise Tax Board Reviver    
09/06/2001       Franchise Tax Board Suspension    
09/06/2001    A0542649    Certificate of Amendment    
http://www.wysk.com/index/california/watsonville/63yqlkx/halcyon-horizons-incorporated/profile

Secretary of State record on Halcyon

Entity Name:   HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED
Entity Number:   C1570562
Date Filed:   10/15/1990
Jurisdiction:   CALIFORNIA
Entity Address:   262 GAFFEY ROAD
Entity City, State, Zip:   WATSONVILLE CA 95076
Agent for Service of Process:   DENNIS HOWELL
Agent Address:   240 WESTGATE DRIVE
Agent City, State, Zip:   WATSONVILLE CA 95076
http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
I really wish the state level licensing entities would at least include the Federal EIN information in their records for nonprofits. It would make it a lot easier to keep straight who's really who.
BigBeard

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
For what it's worth, I just checked, and the IRS Pub78 Exempt Organization database last updated 9/9/14 still shows them as:

EIN: 770275827
NARCONON INTERNATIONAL
262 GAFFEY RD
WATSONVILLE CA 95076-9731
GEN: 2595
AFFILIATION: 9 (Subordinate Organization in Group)
RULING DATE: 197501
DBA: NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

It will be interesting to see if the name change shows up on their next Form 990. And if so, if they'll still be claiming to be part of the 2595 NN Int Group Exemption.

BigBeard

Offline RodKeller

• Joker and Degrader
http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Watsonville/halcyon-horizons-incorporated/42060382.aspx

Overview of Halcyon Horizons, Incorporated in Watsonville, CA

Halcyon Horizons, Incorporated filed as a Articles of Incorporation in the State of California on Monday, October 15, 1990 and is approximately twenty-four years old, according to public records filed with California Secretary of State. The filing is currently active as of the last data refresh which occured on Sunday, June 22, 2014.

Key People

Daniel Manson serves as the President

The registered agent for the company is Dennis P. Howell. Also known as a statutory or resident agent, the registered agent is responsible for receiving legal notifications regarding court summons, lawsuits, and other legal actions involving the corporate entity.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Narconon Northern California  apparently changed it's corporate name in January 2014 to HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED, hence it's inclusion in Hannon's case for ENNA KUTZ

How bizarre that the new name, Halcyon, is a homonym for a form of benzodiazepine, Halcion.  Whatever could they have been thinking??

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target

How bizarre that the new name, Halcyon, is a homonym for a form of benzodiazepine, Halcion.  Whatever could they have been thinking??

I'm sure they were thinking about the meaning of the word, but still an odd choice.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Watsonville/halcyon-horizons-incorporated/42060382.aspx

Overview of Halcyon Horizons, Incorporated in Watsonville, CA

Halcyon Horizons, Incorporated filed as a Articles of Incorporation in the State of California on Monday, October 15, 1990 and is approximately twenty-four years old, according to public records filed with California Secretary of State. The filing is currently active as of the last data refresh which occured on Sunday, June 22, 2014.

Key People

Daniel Manson serves as the President

The registered agent for the company is Dennis P. Howell. Also known as a statutory or resident agent, the registered agent is responsible for receiving legal notifications regarding court summons, lawsuits, and other legal actions involving the corporate entity.

FYI:  Appears like more deceptive trade practices,fraud going on:

Both Narconon Northern California and Halcyon Horizons Incorporated are claiming to be corporate registrants of all the names below .. each registered by corporate entity and still active for each current fictitious name, even though they are not separate corporations.
Corp was renamed "01/07/2014     A0750059     Restated Articles     NAME CHANGE FROM: NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA"
http://www.wysk.com/index/california/watsonville/63yqlkx/halcyon-horizons-incorporated/profile

Santa Cruz County Fictitious Business Name database
http://sccounty01.co.santa-cruz.ca.us/clerkrecorder/Asp/FBNInquiry.asp

This FBN Report contains documents that match the following criteria:

-Registrant Names that start with: 'NARCONON'

-These statements are sorted by Registrant Name  ( I removed expired ones)

Please select a Document Number to view the document details.
Business Name     FBN Number     Registrant     File Date
VISTA BAY     2011-0002096     NARCONON NORTHEN CALIFORNIA     10/7/2011
VISTA BAY REHABILITATION SERVICES     2011-0002096     NARCONON NORTHEN CALIFORNIA     10/7/2011
VISTA BAY TREATMENT CENTERS     2011-0002096     NARCONON NORTHEN CALIFORNIA     10/7/2011
NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA     2012-0000183     NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA     1/18/2012
REDWOOD CLIFFS     2013-0000064     NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA     1/8/2013
REDWOOD CLIFFS DRUG REHAB     2013-0000064     NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA     1/8/2013
NARCONON REDWOOD CLIFFS     2013-0000064     NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA     1/8/2013

-Registrant Names that start with: 'HALCYON HORIZONS'

-These statements are sorted by Registrant Name

Business Name     FBN Number     Registrant     File Date
NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA     2014-0001041     HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED     5/15/2014
NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA     2014-0001041  HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED     5/15/2014
NARCONON REDWOOD CLIFFS     2014-0001041     HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED     5/15/2014
REDWOOD CLIFFS     2014-0001041     HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED     5/15/2014
REDWOOD CLIFFS DRUG REHAB     2014-0001041     HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED     5/15/2014
NARCONON VISTA BAY     2014-0001041     HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED     5/15/2014
VISTA BAY     2014-0001041     HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED     5/15/2014
VISTA BAY REHABILITATION SERVICES     2014-0001041     HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED     5/15/2014
VISTA BAY TREATMENT CENTERS     2014-0001041     HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED     5/15/2014

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/10/narconon-is-dead-long-live-narconon-how-scientology-solved-its-drug-rehab-addiction/
“They recently closed one of their three centers, in Placerville, because they were not getting enough business and were starting to lose money. They had also tried to re-brand from ‘Narconon Vista Bay’ to ‘Emerald Pines,’ ‘Pinecone Grove’ and ‘Redwood Cliffs.’ This clearly didn’t work, as they still had the Narconon name. Now word has emerged from multiple sources that they have left the Narconon network altogether to do something different. Their Narconon-branded websites are down in maintenance mode, and their new site is elevaterehab.org.”
elevaterehab.org claims to be Elevate Addiction Services, but that's just a FBN for Halcyon.

Santa Cruz County, FBN Number 2015-0001713, filed 9/29/2015
  • Elevate Addiction Treatment
  • Elevate Rehabs
  • Elevate Treatment Centers
  • Elevate Recovery Services
  • Elevate Recovery Centers
  • Elevate Rehab Centers
  • Elevate Addiction Services

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
What is it about these people that makes them constantly lie and try to hide who they are?? If they had been up front about being a "faith based" program, hadn't made those rediculous success claims, and refunded peoples money if they decided it wasn't right for them, nobody would be looking to bulldoze them into the ground. And a lot of people who died would still be alive.
BigBeard

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
They're used to the old days when they had a few years of grace hiding behind a new name before the pieces were put together.

Now, with Narconon-tracking sites established, it's not much work to re-lock on the new names.

Registered Sept 4th:
elevateaddictionprogram.com
elevateaddictionrehab.com
elevateaddictionservices.com
elevateaddictiontreatment.com
elevatealcoholrehab.com
elevatedrugrehab.com
elevatedrugrehabs.com
elevateholisticrehabs.com
elevaterehab.org
elevaterehabcenter.com
elevaterehabcenters.com
elevaterehabs.com

Registered October 26th:
elevaterehabreviews.com
elevate-rehab-reviews.com

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Thanks, DeathHamster!  I archived the elevaterehab.org site pages before I saw your post, but not the others urls. I have so little time this week to do the others, perhaps someone else can? Archiving helps in lawsuits to isolate what the site claims at time of contact. The Internet Archive is often used as exhibits in legal complaints to capture false statements or omissions.

BTW, Elevate Rehab is a Fictitious Name aka dba, along with other variations, all registered by Halcyon Horizons, Incorporated.  I also checked the state corporate records. There is no name legal change from this Narconon set of programs yet.

In Sept 2015 Halcyon Horizons Inc registered  7 fictitious name registrations using the word Elevate. There is no corporate change for these northern ca facilities. I also received a tip last year that they were closing one of the program locations but it was due to financial and consolidating locations issues. They are still Halcyon Horizons, Inc f/k/a Narconon Northern California, under the same corporation and tax id's, filing same returns with new name Horizon.

They have a variety of different fictitious names and began changing them to new names because of the Vista Bay lawsuits. Last year sometime, they closed and replaced one of the Placerville locations by moving over to and opening a new site ( using their finance building) and calling it Redwood Cliffs. That is one of the DBAs registered

These are filed with the Santa Cruz County business dept where they file fictitious names.  They also operate in other counties in Northern Ca  area, s there are other names of facilities but not registered here in this county database. We have a list of names and locations on Narconon Reviews for those locations that have complaints against them, for which we have a copy posted)

One can search for both names but Halcyon Horizons, Inc is the current registrant for all in Santa Cruz Co

Search here using registrant name   Halcyon

Specific link to fictitious names Halcyon filed using the Elevate names
http://sccounty01.co.santa-cruz.ca.us/clerkrecorder/Asp/FBNDocDetail.asp?DocID=2015-0001713

Here is a list of the current fictitious names used by Halcyon Horizons ( formerly known as Narconon Northern California

Business Name    FBN Number    Registrant    File Date

NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    2014-0001041    
HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014

NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    2014-0001041    

NARCONON REDWOOD CLIFFS    2014-0001041    

REDWOOD CLIFFS    2014-0001041    

REDWOOD CLIFFS DRUG REHAB    2014-0001041    

NARCONON VISTA BAY    2014-0001041    

VISTA BAY    2014-0001041    

VISTA BAY REHABILITATION SERVICES    2014-0001041    

VISTA BAY TREATMENT CENTERS    2014-0001041    

ELEVATE ADDICTION TREATMENT    2015-0001713    
HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    9/29/2015

ELEVATE REHABS    2015-0001713    

ELEVATE TREATMENT CENTERS    2015-0001713    

ELEVATE RECOVERY SERVICES    2015-0001713    

ELEVATE RECOVERY CENTERS    2015-0001713    

ELEVATE REHAB CENTERS    2015-0001713    
HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED 9/29/2015

ELEVATE ADDICTION SERVICES    2015-0001713    

State registrations

Narconon Int is still  an active incorporated and I suspect that just the contractual duties on the licensing and contracts were transferred to ABLE Int. Here is a link to the CA corp entity search

Data is updated to the California Business Search on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Results reflect work processed through Friday, November 06, 2015. Please refer to Processing Times for the received
dates of filings currently being processed. The data provided is not a complete or certified record of an entity.

Agent City, State, Zip:   WATSONVILLE CA 95076

The corporation name Elevate Rehab has not been reused since this other corp registered it and it was subsequently suspended for not filing CA Franchise Taxes.

Data is updated to the California Business Search on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Results reflect work processed through Friday, November 06, 2015. Please refer to Processing Times for the received dates of filings currently being processed. The data provided is not a complete or certified record of an entity.
Entity Name:ELEVATE REHAB, INC.
Entity Number:C2445374
Date Filed:08/19/2002
Jurisdiction:CALIFORNIA
Entity Address:31143 VIA COLINAS #404
Entity City, State, Zip:WESTLAKE VILLAGE CA 91362
Agent for Service of Process:BEHZAD VASSEGHI
Agent Address:31143 VIA COLINAS #404 Agent
City, State, Zip: WESTLAKE VILLAGE CA 91362

The current list of California facility licensed programs are updated periodically. The latest listings were updated on 11/6.2015. The northern California programs listed in it show changes to some but not all programs run by Halcyon

California Residential & Outpatient Licensed and/or Certified Facilities List (11/6/15)
(Note that there are other listings for Fresh Start programs there as well.)
http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/provgovpart/Documents/Status_Report_November_2015.pdf

Information there states that Narconon is still the name of the 2 Redwood Cliffs programs legally run by  Halcyon Horizons, Incorporated, and that Elevate is used in varying program names in the remaining other Halcyon Horizons program locations ( listings are for out patent and residential ).

Residential & Outpatient Licensed and/or Certified Facilities List (11/6/15)

Program Name: NARCONON REDWOOD CLIFFS
Legal Name: HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED
Address: 9057 SOQUEL DRIVE, BUILDING B, SUITE EE
City, State Zip: APTOS, CA 95003
Phone: (831)768‐7190 Fax: (831)768‐7194
Record ID: 440009DN Service Type: NON
Target Population: 1.1 ‐‐‐ CO‐ED
Expiration Date: 12/31/2016

Program Name: ELEVATE ADDICTION SERVICES ‐ PLACERVILLE
Address: 1667 COVEY DRIVE
City, State Zip: PLACERVILLE, CA 95667
Phone: (530)295‐5550 Fax: (530)295‐5551
Record ID: 090018AN
Service Type: RES
Resident Capacity: 21
Total Occupancy: 26
Expiration Date: 09/30/2016

Program Name: ELEVATE ADDICTION SERVICES ‐ SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
Address: 586 GLORENE AVENUE
City, State Zip: SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA 96150‐3907
Phone: (800)556‐8885
Record ID: 090018CN
Service Type: RES‐DETOX
Resident Capacity: 70
Total Occupancy: 75

Address: 9C MAREA AVENUE
City, State Zip: LA SELVA BEACH, CA 95076
Record ID: 440009CN
Resident Capacity: 49
Total Occupancy: 49

The new elevaterehab.org website shows a program with components that are very different than what a Narconon is allowed to provide, including statements implying real ability to discuss drug issues in group and 1:1 therapy and use of psychiatric medications to help taper one to withdraw from opiates and heroin. 

Of course, Narconon is still mentioned at their Redwood Cliffs' sites
http://www.redwoodcliffsrehab.com/
and at NN Int's Narconon . org site
http :// www. narconon .org /drug-rehab/centers/narconon-redwood-cliffs .html )

However, a Google search of keywords Narconon Redwood Cliffs shows a website link and a google maps listing link and advertisement for Elevate Addiction Services at the top. The title is hyperlinked to the elevaterehab .org site. too

Not sure yet what that is all about but it's interesting, lol

I need to remember to cross post thses elevaterehab posts in this thread over to here:
Narconon Redwood Cliffs Rehab Review
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?topic=12315.0

Hard to keep up with all the shenanigans!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 07:51 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
FYI

-Business Names contain the text 'NARCONON'

-These statements are sorted by Business Name

( Registrant's name, which is the legal' name is shown underneath )

Business Name    FBN Number    Registrant    File Date

NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    2012-0000183    
NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    1/18/2012

NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    2014-0001041    

NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    2014-0001041    

NARCONON REDWOOD CLIFFS    2013-0000064    
NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    1/8/2013

NARCONON REDWOOD CLIFFS    2014-0001041    

NARCONON VISTA BAY    2014-0001041    

NARCONON VISTA BAY    2007-0000251    
NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    1/29/2007

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
I am updating and recaping what we know on Halcyon Horizons Incorporated in this post, as I am linking it to other sites discussing the recent articles by Tony Ortega and whether or not it's really true:

Confirmed- Narconon;s Entire Northern California Network Splits with Scientology
http://tonyortega.org/2015/12/28/confirmed-narconons-entire-northern-california-network-splits-with-scientology/

Narconon is dead, long live Narconon! How Scientology Solved it's drug rehab addiction
http://tonyortega.org/2015/11/10/narconon-is-dead-long-live-narconon-how-scientology-solved-its-drug-rehab-addiction/comment-page-1/

I personally do not believe they have left the network at all.  I don't think it's a different program at all. Just more name changes and Narconon's recent propaganda that they have changed, improved the program because the internet and the lawsuits are killing them one by one. As I have posted elsewhere,

'I have my doubts on this. Big ones. I saw a similar thing back when Per Wickstrom's Narconon Stone Hawk facility in MI had it's license with Narconon Int cancelled. Turns out they were just in cahoots together to stop Per's ex-wife, co-owner Kathleen Wickstrom, from getting her share and other monies he owed her. She sued Per and NN Int when  she figured out the scam they concocted, after he stopped making payments to her per the divorce by claiming he was broke because of the license cancellation.

Meantime, he set up A Forever Recovery, which he also  claimed to not use Narconon when it does. We call these programs unbranded Narconons. Per has 3 of them now, all serving Narconon and Scientology under the cover of supposedly using other methods they never deliver.  Almost all the exec at Halcyon Horizons f/k/a Narconon Northern California are scientologists. They have an org up there they flow people and staff to for services. I suspect they did this to avoid Narconon Int from being included in any more lawsuits. Just another layer of corporate veils.
'

How Narconon Northern California ( doing business as a multitude of names like Vista Bay, then became Halcyon Horizons Incorporated and began using dba's like Redwood Cliffs, and now ELEVATE REHAB and other variations on that name: 

Narconon Northern California changed it's name to Halcyon Horizons Incorporated. Here are some details now not all available which I located at wysk.com regarding the name change from Narconon Northern California to Halcyon Horizons Incorporated and posted back in Nov 2015:

"Business Registration | California (Home State)

California Secretary of State Data updated August 26, 2014
Business Details
Business Name:    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED
Citizenship:    Domestic
State of Incorporation:    CA
Business Type:    Corporation
Tax Base:    Non-Stock (Nonprofit)
Classification:    Public Benefit
Mailing Address:    262 GAFFEY ROAD
WATSONVILLE, CA 95076
Secretary of State ID:    C1570562
Incorporation Date:    10/15/1990
Transaction History
Transaction    Amendment ID    Transaction Type    Comments
01/07/2014    A0750059    Restated Articles    NAME CHANGE FROM: NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
09/06/2001       Franchise Tax Board Reviver   
09/06/2001       Franchise Tax Board Suspension   
09/06/2001    A0542649    Certificate of Amendment  "

The above url was not loading today so here is a cache of it. (I saved a copy  for my records )
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qjJApWxjS6wJ:www.wysk.com/index/california/watsonville/63yqlkx/halcyon-horizons-incorporated/profile+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Halcyon is now the name of the original corporation. Not a separate entity. Here is the corp info
Corporate Business Search Entity Search

"Data is updated to the California Business Search on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Results reflect work processed through Tuesday, December 29, 2015. Please refer to Processing Times for the received dates of filings currently being processed. The data provided is not a complete or certified record of an entity.
Agent City, State, Zip:   WATSONVILLE CA 95076 "

Some of their licensed facilities are still noted in part as Narconon. 2 of the 4 Halcyon licensed facilities are listed in the current records online as a Narconon Redwood Cliff's program name per the latest records.

California Residential & Outpatient Licensed and/or Certified Facilities List (12/1/15)
http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/provgovpart/Documents/Status_Report_December_2015.pdf

Address: 9057 SOQUEL DRIVE, BUILDING B, SUITE EE
City, State Zip: APTOS, CA 95003
Phone: (831)768-7190 Fax: (831)768-7194
Record ID: 440009DN Service Type: NON
Target Population: 1.1 --- CO-ED

Program Name: ELEVATE ADDICTION SERVICES - PLACERVILLE
Address: 1667 COVEY DRIVE
City, State Zip: PLACERVILLE, CA 95667
Phone: (530)295-5550 Fax: (530)295-5551
Record ID: 090018AN
Service Type: RES
Resident Capacity: 21
Total Occupancy: 26

Program Name: ELEVATE ADDICTION SERVICES - SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
Address: 586 GLORENE AVENUE
City, State Zip: SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, CA 96150-3907
Phone: (800)556-8885
Record ID: 090018CN
Service Type: RES-DETOX
Resident Capacity: 70
Total Occupancy: 75

Phone: (831)768-7190 Fax: (831)768-7194
Service Type: RES-DETOX

They are only doing business as Elevate Rehab and variations on that name.  Here are the Santa Cruz Co Fictitious Business Name Inquiry ( dba- doing business as names) results

Listings for Halcyon Horizons:

Business Name                           FBN Number                             Registrant                File Date

NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    2014-0001041    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014

NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA    2014-0001041    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014

NARCONON REDWOOD CLIFFS    2014-0001041    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014
REDWOOD CLIFFS    2014-0001041    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014

REDWOOD CLIFFS DRUG REHAB    2014-0001041    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014

NARCONON VISTA BAY    2014-0001041    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014

VISTA BAY    2014-0001041    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014

VISTA BAY REHABILITATION SERVICES    2014-0001041    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014

VISTA BAY TREATMENT CENTERS    2014-0001041    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    5/15/2014

ELEVATE ADDICTION TREATMENT    2015-0001713    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    9/29/2015

ELEVATE REHABS    2015-0001713    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    9/29/2015

ELEVATE TREATMENT CENTERS    2015-0001713    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    9/29/2015

ELEVATE RECOVERY SERVICES    2015-0001713    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    9/29/2015

ELEVATE RECOVERY CENTERS    2015-0001713    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    9/29/2015

ELEVATE REHAB CENTERS    2015-0001713    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    9/29/2015

ELEVATE ADDICTION SERVICES    2015-0001713    HALCYON HORIZONS, INCORPORATED    9/29/2015

Narconon International still exists as a corporate entity, most likely due to all the lawsuits they are named in.

Data is updated to the California Business Search on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Results reflect work processed through Tuesday, December 29, 2015. Please refer to Processing Times for the received dates of filings currently being processed. The data provided is not a complete or certified record of an entity.
Entity Name:   NARCONON INTERNATIONAL
Entity Number:   C0598820
Date Filed:   05/20/1970
Entity Address:   450 N BRAND BLVD STE 600
Entity City, State, Zip:   GLENDALE CA 91203
Agent for Service of Process:   TIM BOLWES
Agent Address:   1 S FAIR OAKS AVE
Agent City, State, Zip:   PASADENA CA 91105

All links to their previous sites, like Redwood Cliffs and vista bay are all being referred to their Elevate domain as previously listed by DeathHamster. I archived their site Elevate.org on the way back machine
https://web.archive.org/web/20151111063704/http://elevaterehab.org/

I am looking further into all this but for now, I am not convinced.  To me it's just another attempt to hide as an unbranded Narconon program like Wickstrom's Best Drug Rehabilitation, A Forever recovery and Serenity Point Rehab.

Your thoughts are appreciated

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 18:31 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
A there are several things that have me skeptical of any real change:

1. In Sep 2014 the IRS Form 1023 changing their status from being part of the NN Int Group Exemption (GEN 2595) to a stand alone Exempt Organization (GEN 0000) was finalized. As part of that change, Halcyon/NNNC's Employer Identification Number (EIN) stayed the same, which means there was no change in ownership. And, more importantly, there was no change to their charter with the California Secretary of State. A change to the charter would have triggered a requirement for a new EIN, and I find it hard to believe it wouldn't change if they've completely broken with narCONon.

2. There's been no mention of the owners, or staff, leaving $cientology, voluntarily or otherwise. If they have broken with narCONon on their own hook, without making some arrangement with Miscavige, he would have had the SP declares hand delivered by the driver of the same truck that came to pick up all the "licensed" materials.

3. All the hoopla seems to be focused on Attorney John Hannon being told there would be no more license fees going to ABLE and NN Int. I'll bet nothing was said about Halcyon Horizons becoming a member company of WISE, or no "donations" going to the IAS. Which would still keep the money flowing to $cientology, while cutting the ABLE/NN Int connection. And keep any SP declares from falling on everyone involved.

4. The same people involved with the unreported death at NN Watsonville back in 2010 Daniel Manson, his wife Angie Manson, and Nathan Tuddernham are still there, and still $cientologists in good standing at last check. http://tonyortega.org/2014/09/11/scientologys-drug-rehab-system-was-investigated-for-a-2011-california-death/

So I'm not joining any parties over this "change", if it really is one, until we've seen some 990's for 2014 and 2014 to see where the money's going. And hopefully getting some current reviews on what's actually happening on the ground since this claimed change.
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
^^^^
Your #4 item is what initially had me on the fence, BigBeard.

In some ways, Elevate is reminiscent of Per Wickstrom's unbranded Narconons, which are promoted as holistic, but there are differences if we can believe the advertising.  M-|V|-M  I can't think of a Narconon, branded or unbranded, that has an addictionologist on board.

Keep in mind, no name is provided for said addictionologist.

The Elevate program is facilitated by our skilled team of nurturing and compassionate staff. Clients are overseen by a medical doctor who is an addictionologist and specialized in addiction medicine for over 30 years. Treatment planning and delivery is guided by state-certified counselors and overseen by a licensed therapist. The program was designed and reviewed by professionals in the addiction field with decades of experience. Newer staff may be currently undergoing education and internships to achieve a credential. Regardless of the role, clients of Elevate Addiction Services can be assured that the utmost care is taken to ensure the highest chance of success.

Other new concepts, if true:

Discharge Planning and 6 Months of Aftercare

Before you leave our rehab facility, the client and staff will develop a customized relapse prevention and discharge plan which will address challenges and situations that may occur outside the facility and could affect one's sobriety. This plan will revolve around your individual needs and help to overcome triggers, deal with daily life problems and avoid a relapse.

Additionally, our clients who successfully graduate the Elevate program will receive 6 months of aftercare. Prior to leaving, clients will schedule their call-in time where they can talk about any challenges, issues and progress made. These sessions will be held once a week via phone, with both the graduate and staff referring to the discharge plan. This service is provided only to clients who complete the entire program.

Family Sessions

Whether a husband, wife, partner, mother, father, son or daughter, we encourage all family members to be involved in the recovery of an addict. Family sessions play a key role into helping an individual reach long term sobriety. This is a time which helps and client loved ones to discuss and work through any issues, establish better communication skills and begin to repair the overall relationship. Our counselor will give examples of co-dependency or enabling to ensure these are avoided or that healthy solutions are used to break these unhealthy cycles.

From the moment we begin working the client, we will start to offer support and assistance to everyone involved. Our ultimate goal is to help the client and the family to rebuild their lives in a practical, manageable and successful approach. Family sessions will typically occur 2-4 times per month via phone. However, we also allow family workshop sessions to be held directly held at the Elevate facilities. There is an extra charge for this service; please contact us for more information on this.

Of course, there are similarities dressed up in different language:
Vocational Training and Internship
Some Graduates are accepted for a Trainee Program at Elevate.

Nutrition and Supplements
How we restore the body’s natural functions through the healing power of nutrition.

No sauna, unless I missed it!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Excellent points, BigBeard and mefree!!

I specifically appreciate point #1 of BB's post because he is absolutely correct on the requirements.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
California Residential & Outpatient Licensed and/or Certified Facilities List (12/1/15)
http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/provgovpart/Documents/Status_Report_December_2015.pdf
A November and December 2015 list? Are they revising that list monthly now? Excellent!

Does anyone have the DHCS parent page that links to their most current list? I'd like to set up a task to check for the latest one every couple days. (I suppose I could just brute force it and request Status_Report_month_year.pdf until it works.)

I'm hoping to start adding automated checking and updating of a lot of stuff to give more real-time notification of changes. Idle CPU cores are the devil's tools.   >:D

Hubbard admin tech and Narconon "training" are a corporate culture level 4 bio-hazard. They can't just turn it off and decide not to be a Narconon and Scientology any more.

I think the "boutique" idea is someone's outside interpretation of Scientology's actions rather than a real leak of their plans. The smaller scale is easier to try to jam into zoning holes as "group homes", and if they can cut the visible legal ties to the mothership, each one can run until they kill or main someone without dragging down the whole pyramid.

I think this is at most a surface change to slow down the formula lawsuits against Narconon than any real change, and the websites don't mention saunas because they did a search and delete in the text, not because they removed the actual saunas.

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
This one has changed its address.

In February 2015 it was listed as 262 Gaffey Road, Watsonville, CA. (same as Halcyon)

9C Marea Avenue, La Selva Beach, CA, 95076, USA sure doesn't look like a location that could handle 49 people! Shouldn't there have been a whole new facility review before they could change their location??
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 11:05 by DeathHamster »

Offline 9001

• On the path to knowledge
4. The same people involved with the unreported death at NN Watsonville back in 2010 Daniel Manson, his wife Angie Manson, and Nathan Tuddernham are still there, and still $cientologists in good standing at last check. http://tonyortega.org/2014/09/11/scientologys-drug-rehab-system-was-investigated-for-a-2011-california-death/
Noticed that Daniel Manson has trademarked the name and logo of Elevate Addiction Services, as an individual and not a corporation.
Also another addiction treatment services company name: Your Life is Waiting for You.

https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/manson-daniel-3159752/

Best wishes to all for 2016

"Some religions simply are rackets, Scientology for example...It's nothing more than the record of a successful con job" Christopher Hitchens