Author Topic: Veiw the trailer for "Going Clear" FROM OUTSIDE THE US  (Read 1110 times)

Offline scicrit

• Met Xenu
Veiw the trailer for "Going Clear" FROM OUTSIDE THE US
« on: February 19, 2015, 19:28 »
The first short trailer for "Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief" has just bee released - but can't be viewed from outside the US.

Here is a version that can be viewed from the UK, and probably the rest of the world too.

https://scicrit.wordpress.com/2015/02/20/first-trailer-for-going-clear-scientology-and-the-prison-of-belief-by-alex-gibney/

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Veiw the trailer for "Going Clear" FROM OUTSIDE THE US
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 20:23 »
Can't wait to see this. I read that the documentary will be available on HBO GO about 10 minutes after it airs on HBO. Tony Ortega is reporting that the air date has moved from March 16 to March 29 from 8-10 pm.

:){}{}{}
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline scicrit

• Met Xenu
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 07:06 »
I share your excitement. Unfortunately for most of the world, however, both the initial broadcast of "Going Clear" and HBO GO are only available within the United States.

To see (and pass on) this short trailer, I had to access YouTube through a proxy, download the video with a browser extension, and then upload it to my own YouTube account.

HBO currently have no plans to show "Going Clear" in the UK (or, as far as I know, anywhere else).

I will likely be up late after "Going Clear" is Broadcast (we are 5 hours ahead in the UK) scouring torrent and streaming video sites.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 17:26 »
I wonder if HBO could be convinced to offer a streaming version of it outside of the U.S.?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline scicrit

• Met Xenu
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 18:18 »
I think that HBO (and other content providers) sell the rights to exhibit their films in certain geographical areas - so they will restrict the broadcast of "Going Clear" in (for example) the UK until they can get around to this.

The problem is that they presently have their hands full promoting their film in the much larger (and more (profitable) market of the US, so it will be some time before they have the resources free to exploit smaller markets.

Streaming services make it technically possible to offer the film internationally - but it's still a business decision.