Author Topic: Groundbreaking Docu/Series wants to help  (Read 1472 times)

Offline gabby

• New Around Here
Groundbreaking Docu/Series wants to help
« on: December 29, 2015, 12:53 »
A highly-respected A/V team, putting together a new documentary series, is seeking survivors of Scientology—or families containing current members—to tell their story to help educate and protect the general public. They may also provide help with reconnecting with loved ones still in the CoS, or provide other support as needed. Part of their objectives are to use their own resources to help restore communication between family members or friends, if possible—obviously no one can make finite promises re specific outcomes. If you would like to be considered for participation in this docu-series or utilizing such a platform to tell your story, please contact gabrielleazieden@gmail.com directly with your name, phone number, contact info and a bit about your story. It seems like a terrific opportunity for the right individuals! Filming starts immediately so act quickly

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Re: Groundbreaking Docu/Series wants to help
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 15:14 »
I may be a bit c||o:

But I'd be a bit leery of providing much in the way of personal information to a first time poster using a gmail account. Most "highly respected A/V teams" I've worked with had a business related domain and e-mail address.

Or, like I said, I may be just a bit  c||o:
BigBeard

Offline gabby

• New Around Here
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 12:16 »
We did not want to give away the name of the production company or network until we chatted with people... maybe I'm a little paranoid too. I did not use my business email account as to not give away this info. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to provide you with this info as well as links etc.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 14:39 »
I'm a "never in", so not what you're really looking for.

The reason for the paranoia is over the years there have in fact been 'ops' on other forums, using a similar come-on, to gather personal information from ex's and critics that led to harassment of themselves and/or their families. So they tend to be a bit on the skittish side until "bona fides" can be verified.
BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 09:43 »
Gabby, this forum is not so much an exes forum as it is a forum for people to investigate and discuss Narconon.  Exes are welcome, of course, to take part and there are some here, but I'd venture to say at least half of the active members, if not more, are "never-ins".

I think if your goals are to "provide help with reconnecting with loved ones still in the CoS" and/or "help restore communication between family members or friends", you are not fully aware of the many deep and troubling issues involved with disconnection.  Any member of a A/V team, no matter how sensitive and caring, is more prone to upset the delicate balance many families live with daily than to reconnect anyone.  I think you're just not familiar enough with disconnection and need to do more research, and perhaps consider a different angle that might turn up more participants.

That said, I wish you well with a documentary.  A mention of Narconon in a documentary would be great, if you could manage it.  (Of course, it's another rabbit hole, almost as extensive as scientology itself.)

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions