Author Topic: Ads for "ideal narCONon" in Denmark taken down in public transport  (Read 700 times)

Offline jensting

• On the path to knowledge
In heart warming news, a Danish bus company (operates all buses in the capitol Copenhagen)  which had been running ads for the narCONon medical fraud operated by the criminal organisation known as the "church" of $cientology has taken the ads down after a newspaper (go, Information!) complained. The guidelines say that no ads are allowed which push a particular "religious" viewpoint.

Yes!

https://www.information.dk/indland/2016/09/movia-fjerner-busreklamer-afvaenningscenter-forbindelser-scientology

While the bus company had receive complaints previously, the complaint by the newspaper pointed out that  the property of the european "ideal" narCONon is owned by Social Betterment Properties International, and that sealed the "religious" link and got the ads kicked out.

I'd love to take any credit whatsoever, but I can't. The press is just that well informed in Denmark.

Oh, and the hapless clam who leads it talks about 60% success rate. A Danish professor of medicine corrects the lies from the money grubbing clams.

The Danish authorities do not approve narCONon as a treatment for addiction and are not referring any people who need help.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Ads for "ideal narCONon" in Denmark taken down in public transport
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 19:25 »
Sounds good to me, jensting. Thanks for sharing this news.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 20:58 »
Thanks Jens!  \--O--/   Much appreciated!! 
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 22:06 »
The Social Betterment Properties International connection should bite them!

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 22:20 »
Jen and this article are mentioned in The Underground Bunker news today. Theyprovided
http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/28/drone-flyover-first-images-of-scientologys-gold-rush-mine-in-california/

They provided a link to the Google Translation of the article.
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.information.dk%2Findland%2F2016%2F09%2Fmovia-fjerner-busreklamer-afvaenningscenter-forbindelser-scientology&edit-text=

Here is that translation. Beware. Google Translate is not a great translation tool but better than nothing:

Movia remove bus ads for rehab center with ties to Scientology[/b][/size]

Following a request from the Information is Movia started to remove advertisements on its buses for a rehab center with close links to Scientology. The treatment could lead to a dangerous, assesses professor, while a former member believe that it serves to recruit new members to the religious movement
Line Høstrup / iBureauet
September 27, 2016
Comments (7)
Shared 109 times

Movia now remove advertising from its buses for drug rehabilitation center Narconon Arresøhøj which the religious movement Scientology is deeply involved in.

It happens after information has contacted the bus company with questions about the commercials.

Movia estimates that the commercials are not in accordance with company guidelines.

In the bus company contracts with operators who have been conferred the right to sell advertisements on buses, says, "There must be no direct or indirect advertising of religious beliefs or movements, nor for products offered by such."

Secretariat of Movia, Camilla Struck Mann, told Information that buses are a non-religious space. "And therefore, must among other advertised products offered by a religious movement.

In light of the new information we have received, we have decided that the advertisements be taken down. The work began Friday evening, "she explains.

Narconon Arresøhøj provide to information that they do not want to comment on the fact that their advertisements will be removed, as they have not yet heard from Movia.
Already received complaint

Movia has already received a complaint about the Narconon drug advertising, but did not find sufficient connection between Scientology and Narconon that the company chose to remove it from its buses.

According to the Land Registry that underpanthaveren to Narconon 18 millions-building company Social Betterment Properties International - a company that owns and manages properties for Scientology.

They have, in other words lent money to Narconon’s purchase of the property. P1 Documentary sent in 2010 a program that probed Danish private schools clay connection to Scientology, and in this respect they documented that Social Betterment Properties International is founded to support Scientology of owning and handle properties that are used for the Church of Scientology charitable programs. In addition, Scientology be the only member of the company.

Scientology writes on its website that Narconon in Arresøhøj is funded by donations from Scientologists, and on abuse center’s own website says that the center’s program developed by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. In addition, the head of the center declared Scientologist.

The economic relationship is the last straw for Movia.

"We have not been studied as deep as the information has, and I do not expect that in future we will check the land registry. We’ll get together with the advertising agency that operators have agreements to sell ads, already some advertising, but here we have not captured. "

The Chief of Narconon Arresøhøj, Jørgen Jørgensen, acknowledges that Social Betterment Properties International has given loan to abuse center.

"The loan was granted by the non-profit, non-religious fund Social Betterment Properties International, which essentially collects its funds among Scientologists with the aim of making it possible to make properties available for social programs based on L. Ron Hubbard’s technologies . And we believe that also Scientologists should be allowed to support social work, in line with that Christians can choose to support DanChurchAid, or Muslims can support Danish Muslim Aid. Our work is supported by many people of different faiths. Drug Abuse takes no account of religion or belief. It is found everywhere, "he wrote in an email to Information.

According to Jørgen Jørgensen is Narcocon a private, non-sectarian abuse treatment center.

A stay costs 1,200 kroner per day including single room and full board.

Movia has previously been forced to pull advertisements back to their buses. In 2015 the company removed an advertisement from Danish-Palestinian Friendship Association, because it called for a boycott of Israeli goods from settled areas.

That same year, an advertisement for a strip club also removed while pictures of breasts on an advertisement for the plastic surgery private clinic Nygart after many complaints still allowed to linger on the buses.
Vitamin treatment and sauna treatment

Detox program, Narconon offers, contains, among other vitamin cures and sauna treatment, but also a drug detoxification, and it can at worst be fatal assess professor at the center for drug research at Aarhus University Mads Uffe Pedersen.

"Their agents as vitamin treatment and sauna’s healthy initiatives, but there is no scientific evidence that it can help people out of an abuse. However, it can be fatal if for example alcohol dependent weaned without using drugs in detoxification, "says Mads Uffe Pedersen.

As Mads Uffe Pedersen evaluate the program, so the method is not based on any research-based knowledge.

The Narconon program says: "There ingested a vitamin supplement, which consist mainly of the types of vitamins that alcohol and drugs than consumers in the body. By taking a good portion of these particular vitamins avoided many of the withdrawal symptoms an addict of detoxification otherwise experience. Minerals like calcium and magnesium in an easily absorbable form also reduces withdrawal symptoms. "

Calcium and magnesium can act as supplements, but, according to Mads Uffe Pedersen is no effective cure for addiction.

The professor has previously familiar with detox method when he about 15 years ago was asked by Narcocon if he would make an evaluation of the treatment.

"I said yes and drew up a design for evaluation. In the design, we should manage the evaluation itself, but then we did not hear from them. I do not know why, but immediately was thought well if they will not have studied neither effects, or whether their patients are members of Scientology. They say yourself that they have amazing effects, but it said all that will not be measured on. "

Narconon in Arresøhøj is not officially recognized as abusive center of the Social Supervision Capital, and therefore refers municipalities nor abusers to center.

The episode with Mads Uffe Pedersen and the Center for Alcohol and Drug Research evaluation of the Narconon drug treatment program Narconon Jørgen Jørgensen remember. According to him, they rejected the evaluation because the client base at the former Danish Narconon was too small.

Beyond that, Jorgen Jorgensen, there are several studies that show a positive effect of Narcocons treatment program.

"Since we started in September last year, 60 percent of those who started the program still drug free. Of those who completed the program are 100 percent drug-free, and they are all out in the private sector acting as citizens, and they perform even today without any government assistance of any kind. Yes, so I strongly believe that our program works, "writes Jørgen Jørgensen in an email to Information.

He explains further that before an abuser may come Narconon, he must pass the physical examination to determine whether he can handle the drug free rehab.
Ex-Scientologist: program recruitment

In practice, the rehab program probably as recruiting new Scientologists assess the former member of Scientology Robert Dam.

He has not even been abusing and thus have not been treated at Narconon, but by virtue of his 20 years in Scientology met many recruited through Narconon.

»Narconon operates as a recruitment. When you are rehabilitated, you are happy, and you get coaching. Coaching, which is the same courses as inside the organization, means that addicts do not return to their original environment. Then they like, think about what helped them, and they will like to have more of. Therefore, it is a huge effective way to be recruited, "he says.

According to Jørgen Jørgensen’s recruitment is not a topic for Narconon.

"To my knowledge, none of the former addicts who have been weaned from us who have changed religious beliefs," he writes to Information
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Washburns

• New Around Here
The Danish are on top of things it seems!
So click here to try the Bathmate Hercules.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
The Danish are on top of things it seems!

Seems so!   :w:e:l:c:o:m:e: Washburns!