Author Topic: PER WICKSTROM/MICHIGAN: New "Glistening, Quivering Underbelly" blog comment  (Read 830 times)

Offline Miss Fortune

• Fly in the Ointment
Boy, it's been a while since I've written anything about Per Wickstrom--Michigan has never closed a drug rehab facility...ever--, but I received this comment today about a story I'd written back in February 2014: http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com/2014/02/per-wickstrom-comes-out-meet-new.html

"Fails to mention ACT in his list of programs. I personally have completed programs at serenity point, a forever recovery, and best drug rehabilitation. ACT stands for applied communication course and I one of the core programs at Per's treatment centers. In the course you work your way through TR's ( training routines). All work is based off scientology and the teachings of L. Ron Hubbard. Talking to ashtrays, staring at people without moving, and bullbaiting which is a verbally abusive method of breaking someone down. Basically you make fun of them one on one aloud in front of everyone until they laugh or their face turns red. Any change in appearance, shifting in seat, or laughter is a fail at which point you start all over. Staff as well as clients participate in bullbaiting people. Staff are required to take courses and work conditions(another facet of Scientology teachings. A forever recovery Does Not do ACT. They do MRT which is similar to working conditions but not as hardcore as ACT.  I encourage people to research where you are sending your loved one. Per's treatment centers are not evil. They are actually nice places and scientology is not forced on you there are other options, however, it is recommended by staff and is usually what people choose to do without knowing what it is. Staff is encouraged to discredit any claims by clients that ACT is in fact scientology."

"Per's treatment centers are not evil." Sounds like an inside job!

Let's hope Leah Remini and her production team decides to focus on Narconon. I can give them a place to begin here in Michigan.

Happy New Year from Miss Fortune!

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
Per was always pretty coy about if he was still using Narconon, and without Form 990s for most of his companies, it was hard to call him on it.

Starring contests and shouting at ashtrays? That's Narconon.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
"Starring contests and shouting at ashtrays? That's Narconon."

No, that's $cientology, which is what narCONon is in disguise.
BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
We Missed you, Miss Fortune! Thanks for the update!

I love how scientologists ( and I know because I used to be one for many years ) create the illusion that all one has to do is create a new title and make a new acronym so one can claim something is not what it really is. TRs are TRs. Per Wickstrom is no different.

No matter what you call the course in a Narconon or unbranded Narconon program such as Best Drug Rehab or Serenity Point Rehab or A Forever Recovery, IT'S SCIENTOLOGY based. Nearly word for word.

And these people don't even realize that they are being made into scientologists. Per their definition of one : A scientologist is someone who uses the tech in their lives  ::) And per their policies, members are mandated to get Scientology used in their communities. What better way to indoctrinate people by taking advantage of vulnerable substance abuse addicts while cleaning out the wallets of loved ones desperate to help them!

By law , an employee cannot be required to take a Scientology course if he/she doesn't want to. If one is pressured, harassed, intimidated  to attend Scientology services, or even fired for refusing to, they have the right file a discrimination claim with the Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - EEOC - for short. Others have done so and have won.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline DeathHamster

• Actual Trouble Source
Serenity Point has a new annual report and a complaint filed!

Yeeees! Michigan is getting tough with their annual inspections! "not in substantial compliance" There will be follow-up visits, but judging by Narconon Freedom Center, they're in trouble.
Based on the state licensure inspection findings and the above noted deficiencies, Serenity Point Recover was not in substantial compliance with the MCL 333.6201 through MCL 333.6251 and/or the Michigan Administrative Rules R325.14101 through R325.14928 as applicable, at the time of the site visit and a follow up survey will be conducted.
The complaint. It looks like they dumped someone at a homeless shelter, again.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
"Additionally under R325.14925, the site inspection revealed that there were patient files presenting numerous urinalysis that revealed positive results for illicit drugs for extended periods of time while the patients were active in the program. The program appears to lack any policy or procedure that documented how the situation was investigated and how patients with positive urinalysis results are addressed."

That's nothing new, I'm afraid. Glad the state surveyors are getting tough!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Serenity Point has a new annual report and a complaint filed!

Yeeees! Michigan is getting tough with their annual inspections! "not in substantial compliance" There will be follow-up visits, but judging by Narconon Freedom Center, they're in trouble.
Based on the state licensure inspection findings and the above noted deficiencies, Serenity Point Recover was not in substantial compliance with the MCL 333.6201 through MCL 333.6251 and/or the Michigan Administrative Rules R325.14101 through R325.14928 as applicable, at the time of the site visit and a follow up survey will be conducted.
The complaint. It looks like they dumped someone at a homeless shelter, again.

What Serenity really is doing here is pretending to run outpatient and day programs while all the while running a residential program. This is fraud  for the patient and those who paid were sold on Residential program, told that insurance would cover their stay, and then the insurance was billed for these other services after residential billed was maxed out. Its the appearance of residential, somewhat like what Narconon of Georgia was doing, what they lost their state license for.  The insurance companies of those patients are being billed on insurance for continued 'care' after residential is maxed out ( usually 2-4 weeks max), but the patients and payers usually don't know this, or check what is being paid or how.

How he gets around this is that Per provides separate nearby housing and extra beds beyond those he is licensed for, to put these 'out patient and day program patients'. He never bothered to make separate offices, as required, for those non-residential billed patients. But Serenity IS licensed for them. Except patients are not supposed to live at the program.  What a scam... I wonder if the insurance companies still don't care about this fraudulent billing to get more $$$ so patients can remain and finish the program. What a crook Per Wickstrom is.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.