Author Topic: Inside the cults museum and its secrets  (Read 1287 times)

Raven

Inside the cults museum and its secrets
« on: November 03, 2009, 07:51 »
article here:
http://www.theage.com.au/travel/hollywood-sideshow-inside-the-scientology-museum-20091103-hu19.html

Visitors are greeted by a large bust of L Ron Hubbard and a panel inscribed with testimonials from various famous names, including Australians Nicole Kidman and singer Kate Ceberano.
Museum manager Lissa Uvizl, who will take me on a personal guided tour of the museum, looks slightly worried when she sees me taking notes from the panel.
"Please don't quote them," she says. "They didn't authorise their quotes for outside the museum."

lol think they didn't really say anything about it and its made up? like most of hubbards and sci history

In a strip that also houses Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum and Madam Tussaud's Waxworks, the Hubbard museum is another interesting sideshow, even if it's a little heavy on the hard sell and raises more questions than it answers.

now see he has a valid point there

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
Re: Inside the cults museum and its secrets
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 15:26 »
If you're not allowed to write it down, I wonder if the place prohibits photography ........

Or "texting" with a "camera phone" muahahaha

Seriously, Scientology seems to want to hide any and all of its information from anyone not currently paying for the service, or anyone who has paid for said service.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 16:36 »
It also raises a question about the accuracy of the quotes. This cult has a lot of secrets.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 02:10 »
How recent was this? Surely Nicole Kidman has not said anything about Scientology in, what, over ten years?
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"