Author Topic: Another informative article from Catholic Online  (Read 1795 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Another informative article from Catholic Online
« on: February 04, 2010, 21:54 »
http://www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=35333

Not long after the shooting of Thomas Ciancio at a Denver Software Company, the company’s link to Scientology became a key component.

Randy Sly, of Catholic Online, covers the recent story about Rex Fowler, a scientology minister who is charged with murder in the shooting death of an employee.  The Catholic Online site can reach people who are unlikely to find a critical site otherwise. 

Randy Sly is stopping scientology expansion.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Another informative article from Catholic Online
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 23:12 »
Nice article and interesting details about Fowler and family

An ATF firearms E-Trace by police revealed that the purchase agreement for the gun by the younger Fowler listed his address at the time as 1413 L. Ron Hubbard Way in Los Angeles. This is the address for the Church of Scientology's American Saint Hill Organization, where "volunteer ministers" receive training.

When interviewed by investigators, Alex Fowler told them he gave the Glock pistol to his father as a Christmas gift in 2007.

At the hospital on December 31, an interesting drama unfolded between police and Fowler’s wife, Janet, when they asked to speak with her.

Reportedly, Fowler had left a note dated the day of the shooting that directed anyone who found it to "please give the briefcase to Jan." The affidavit revealed that another note, found on Fowler's work desk along with several keys, explained to "Jan" what each key unlocked.

"Janet Fowler quickly demanded the briefcase," the arrest affidavit stated. She was referring to a briefcase removed from the crime scene by police which contained information about Scientology.

"One thing I need is his briefcase," Janet Fowler stated according to the record. "It was taken out of his office. It is important to me, my church, and it is religious material and I want it now!

"Even if you looked at it and read it, you would not understand anything in it, because it is way above a normal person and you would not know what it meant."

Detective Gene Claps explained to Janet Fowler that investigators needed to review the briefcase contents.

"Janet Fowler then demanded the briefcase be returned again, by saying, 'I want it back now, right now!'"

LOL

Several sites on the internet critical of Scientology have been actively following the incident and investigation, calling attention to the large amounts of money that seemingly were diverted to the church. According to those who have left Scientology, members are required to pay large sums of money for Scientology courses and "auditing," which Scientology describes as a "unique form of personal spiritual counseling."
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 23:32 »
1.1 Billion Catholic's. Hmmm. Wonder how many of my homie's read this. ;D

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 09:22 »
50 million Elvis fans can't be wrong!

But 50 thousand (maybe) Scientologists sure can!

'til next time;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 16:36 »
But 50 thousand (maybe) Scientologists sure can!

They sure can, if they're not given truthful information to base their opinions on, if they're subjected to hypnotic training routines to reinforce the untruthful information they've been told, they buy into the idea promoted by scientology that a scientologist is better than a mere "wog" (the scientology slang term for a non-scientologist), and they've paid lots of money for these "privileges," which will often result in someone not wanting to admit they've been rooked.

I would never say that Rex Fowler bears no personal responsibility for his tragic actions, but I would say that the techniques he was subjected to as a member of scientology dictate that the "Church" of Scientology also bears some of the responsibility.  There are just too many deaths that surround this organization, both tangentially and directly.

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions