Author Topic: Missouri politician was ex CCHR president?  (Read 3751 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Missouri politician was ex CCHR president?
« on: June 20, 2010, 14:37 »
Question for you, RedShieldwolf.  I've heard something about this, but don't know the details.  Are you familiar with this issue, and can you give us a synopsis here?

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline RedShieldwolf

• Joker and Degrader
  • For me, it really is KCW (Keep Chanology Working)
Re: Missouri politician was ex CCHR president?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:01 »
Question for you, RedShieldwolf.  I've heard something about this, but don't know the details.  Are you familiar with this issue, and can you give us a synopsis here?

Yes.

Roger Teagarden, who was the former Executive Director for the St. Louis CCHR, is running for the 83rd District seat of the Missouri State House of Representatives as a Republican candidate. His opponent for the primary election (August 3rd) is Republican candidate Patrick Brennan. If Roger wins the primary, he will be running against the incumbent Democrat Jake Zimmerman in the general election (November 2nd). Apparently, Pat Brennan has been informed about the cult connection.

Here is a CCHR press release which lists Roger Teagarden as the Executive Director of CCHR St. Louis:

http://www.vaccinationnews.com/DailyNews/2003/December/Over500Parents13.htm

A simple Google search for his name will show you his own personal web site:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=roger+teagarden

Roger Teagarden also posts a Newsletter known as The Missouri Republic. Here is a notable article:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZXs8G7YUnLcJ:www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php%3Fview%3D26468+%22the+missouri+republic%22+%22teagarden%22&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Though primarily religious in nature faith does have its place in government. America runs on faith and little else.

We have faith that each of us will do our jobs when it comes to our responsibilities in the voting booth. Unfortunately some folks have decided to vote partisan as opposed to voting Republic. IE: I am voting this way because I want it and screw the rest of you.

We used to have faith that our elected would do a decent job. But we lost that faith when this current crop started to use the Alinsky psychiatric method to overwhelm our American system.

I have made a thread about it on here:

http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,4829.0.html

The title of that thread is copied from WhyWeProtest.net
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 18:28 by RedShieldwolf »

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 18:24 »
I have made a thread about it on here:

http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,4829.0.html

Whoops!  Sorry for not remembering.  Thanks for reminding me. 
   Narconon Reviews

Offline RedShieldwolf

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 21:33 »
Whoops!  Sorry for not remembering.  Thanks for reminding me.

No problem. This summary should be sufficient for anyone that may want to know about this issue, so I'm glad I made it.

I have a question for you. Should I promote my agenda during raids and protests in Kansas City, or no? I figure that maybe the residents of Kansas City would not be concerned with a St. Louis politician. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, to any St. Louis residents who might be reading this, consider passing out fliers in Overland and Olivette.

http://www.overlandmo.org/

http://www.olivettemo.com/

Looks like there are some festivals and meetings coming up in both cities.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 10:40 »
I have a question for you. Should I promote my agenda during raids and protests in Kansas City, or no? I figure that maybe the residents of Kansas City would not be concerned with a St. Louis politician. I could be wrong though.

Maybe you could address scientology's involvement in politics as a general thing, and then point out the St. Louis candidate just to bring it closer into their backyards, might have more impact driving home what you're telling them about the general situation.  ?
   Narconon Reviews

Offline RedShieldwolf

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 14:17 »
Maybe you could address Scientology's involvement in politics as a general thing, and then point out the St. Louis candidate just to bring it closer into their backyards, might have more impact driving home what you're telling them about the general situation.  ?

That's an interesting "Angle". ;D This would also cover topics like Scientology's power in government and their unfair tax exempt status, which clearly violates the establishment clause and the separation of church and state.

I'm definitely going to mull this over. Are there any fliers that specifically cover Scientology's involvement in politics?

Offline Lorelei

• Hill 10 Situation
  • I can haz ferret.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 16:19 »
I have seen discussions about this, but no specific fliers. Most reported incidents I have read about involve leaked emails from Scis to other Sci friends urging tthe friends to support X or vote yes or no on certain propositions. I have been told by a lawyer that this by itself does not invalidate their charitable status per se, because it has always been an individual Sci speaking for him- or herself to friends who happen to share an interest in Sci, and not a spokesperson for the cult.

Now, if Tommy Davis or some similar spokespeople got caught "suggesting" to Scis in general who to vote for, THAT might be worth bringing to someone's attention; I suspect they are smart enough (and busy enough) not to go there.
"Once the foundation of a revolution has been laid down, it is almost always
in the next generation that the revolution is accomplished." -- Jean d'Alembert

The Human Wiki.
"I spend hours surfing the web for information, so you don't have to!"

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 16:33 »
This site has some good info: http://www.taxthecult.com/

I'm sure others may have some additional recommendations for you.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 18:41 »
I don't know of any fliers off the top of my head, but there must be some out there somewhere, or a web page you can take some info from and put together into a flier.

One recommendation: It's easy to sound like a conspiracy theorist when you (the general you, not you specifically) talk about scientology, because the whole thing is so outlandish, it's such a deep rabbit hole, and a lot of people have the idea that if it were that bad, someone would have already done something about it.  (Of course, a good counter-statement for that is that some countries have done something - but not ours.)

Sticking to CCHR's influence on legislation might be a good place to start, and since Teagarden (lol!) just happens to be an ex-CCHRer, that would be a nice slam dunk. 

As a quick synopsis of CCHR, they:
  • Lobby for legislation against psychiatric medication, thereby wanting to revoke your right to mental health care
  • Spread propaganda about mental health practitioners who they consider unethical
  • Attempt to influence people who may need mental health care to avoid medication
  • Infiltrate legitimate anti-psychiatry groups who have valid complaints, tainting their reputation

This is some of the stuff I would address on a CCHR page (similar to our Narconon page) if I had time to do one right now; actually, it's from my notes for the planned future page.   ;)  Feel free to use it if you make a flier.
   Narconon Reviews