Author Topic: Gwinett County Fair?  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Stutroup

• Supressive Person
Gwinett County Fair?
« on: October 02, 2010, 12:43 »
So we went to the fair.  I know it's a bit late to post, but there were some interesting happenings.

We found the Narconon booth, but it was empty.  So we left for a while.

When we came back, someone had put out fliers!  So ... why not just let it be and see what happens?

Awww!!  Gordy came with his daughter to man the booth!

Wait a second ..... the fliers are still there!  They have NO idea ... but I guess they saw us taking pics .....

« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 13:32 by Stutroup »

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Re: Gwinett County Fair?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 20:49 »
The Exhibition Hall at the fair was a little bit less scammy this year than last, as there were no foot bath detoxes there this year, but it was still filled with people promoting their various products and agendas.  (I wish the fair organizers would choose instead to encourage local artisans to exhibit there, because locally made crafts, artworks, and skilled trades displays would really be more interesting and high class than the low-rent flea market environment that it is currently, but I guess this isn't the best place to address this, so I'll move on.)

During Narconon's absence, their fair neighbors were informed as to what they really are, and a person manning a booth with information about Islam was informed as to what Hubbard thought about muslims.  We wandered throughout the hall, and then checked the Narconon booth again - still no one there.  This is interesting, because one of the fair's rules is that booths be manned at all times while the fair is open to the public.

Out by the stables, the bull judging was going on, so we stopped and watched for a while.  The judges were thorough with their explanations of the various assets of the various bulls, and why this one was a better stud bull than that one.  We got to see up close just what the phrase "hung like a bull" really means!    :o

After we walked through the rides and entertainment area, where there were all the usual side show attractions (like the snake lady) and the carney people one expects at a county fair, we went back to check out the Narconon booth, and the attendants had returned.  I guess they weren't trusting "students" to do it this year, because Gordy Weinand is the publicity manager or some such title.

It's interesting to see that they have a "donations jar," which doesn't exactly seem to be full of donations, but more interesting to see that they apparently didn't notice the  additional flyers on the table that they didn't bring.  Gosh golly gee whillikers, I sure hope they didn't get packed up with all the leftover stuff to be distributed at the next event they attend!   8-^*

What is that other colorful stuff on the table, were they giving out toys to get the children to sign their drug-free pledge again?

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 20:16 »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 14:14 »
Oops! This is bad. Better go talk to the police in Gwinnett County. For Ron Corona.

Narconon Georgia Takes Drug Education to the Gwinnett County Fair
>PRWEB.COM Newswire

Norcross, GA (PRWEB) November 09, 2012

Narconon Georgia staff provided drug education at the Gwinnett County Fair where they spoke with a record number of visitors for the sixth year in a row from their double sized booth. From September 13 through 23, 2012, fair goers were able to view a display of information about various drugs.

Thousands of visitors came to the booth including police officers, probation officers, city council members and firemen. Many shared a story of how drugs had affected them professionally. One police officer talked about the police force needing to deal with increasing synthetic drug use and was grateful that Narconon was providing drug education on the truth about these drugs.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/919140

Offline wynot

• Supressive Person
  • wynot
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 20:55 »
Do remember: PRWEb is paid for, i.e. phony, news. While they likely did have a booth, the odds of anybody actually talking to them are small - ask ethercat or mefree about previous visits to the NNGA booth at other fairs...

'til later;
wynot
"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before."

Jacob Riis