Author Topic: Lawsuits against Narconon and NN front groups - Ongoing Thread  (Read 59203 times)

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Re: Lawsuits against Narconon and NN front groups - Ongoing Thread
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2017, 21:05 »
Tony O. has another follow-up on Apr 22: http://tonyortega.org/2017/04/22/scientology-denied-twice-in-wrongful-death-lawsuit-as-parents-grieve-for-tabatha-fauteux/

It actually should be, "$cientology Denied Three Times". In addition to the Anti-SLAPP and Demurrer motions being denied, Oklahoma attorney Gary Richardson's Pro Hac Vice application to represent narCONon in California was denied. Apparently application forms were not filled out correctly, copies of the application were not submitted to the California Bar as required, and no proof was provided a required $50 fee was paid. Maybe Richardson just wanted and excuse not to travel to California.

You didn't read the information correctly. I responded to your comment over at WWP.
https://www.scribd.com/document/345930518/Fauteux-v-Narconon-Ruling-on-anti-SLAPP-and-Demurrer#from_embed

Hardly. There was some sort of a mix up. The attorney in California, who submitted the application to the court for Gary Richardson,forgot to include the fee.

I am surprised that you would say this about Gary Richardson. Perhaps you don't know how many cases he has successfully represented victims of Narconon in Oklahoma? Here is a link discussing some of them

**BTW, Gary is the attorney for the Fauteux Family and has been all along. It is he who helped locate the CA attorney and coordinated the start the of case. Done all the while fighting Narconon et al's desperate attempts to prevent the start of trial in the Murphy case in Oklahoma.So lets try not mock one of the few but brave attorneys still fighting to help shut down this front group.

If you asked Guy Fauteax if he is satisfied with his attorneys and the work they have done thus far, he would no doubt say yes. The anti-slapp matter is one of many hurdles that the attorneys will continue to overcome for this family. Its significance is far more interesting to to us critics than to the average person who has been sucked into Narconon. Believe me, I know. Victims and their loved ones either just want their lawsuit over with as quickly as possible to a win, or their refund back so they can move on so they can forget the nightmare they lived through in dealing with Narconon . Our cause is not necessarily theirs, and they are not beholden to us to have their personal involvement all over the internet.

I intentionally did not contact Guy for my article* announcing the lawsuit and it's significance, which I posted the day before Tony's came out. I am not a reporter, but Tony is. I just help get information out on Narconon, like you do. But Narconon Reviews is a site created to document and help educate the public about Narconon. Narconon Reviews staff also feel it is important to first ask the attorney for permission to speak with the plaintiffs if needed, before posting a lawsuit. That way their client is briefed on what should and should not be stated, for the benefit of the case. We didn't need to in order to announce the lawsuit. Besides, we don't want to give Narconon and Scientology anything that can be used to derail the case or weaken the trust between the attorney and plaintiff.

So lets not take for granted the efforts of those helping us dismantle Narconon and Scientology. Even those previous attorneys, some of whom are no longer able to put in the time and efforts to help, are the good ones deserving of the benefit of the doubt. There was a time when no attorney would take a Narconon case!! We've come a long way, BigBeard! And you have been important in making that happen
~ Mary
https://whyweprotest.net/threads/tony-ortega-on-the-future-of-narconon.130619/page-5#post-2608159
** In since re-reading that part of the order tonight (page one re: application) I also made a mistake. Other than the filing fee of $50 not being included ( as I explained  why, above ) I now the see that there is the fact of the application Proofs of Service omits the (CA ) Bar Association. That doesn't mean they failed to serve notice on the Bar. Only that the court didn't receive documentation of it being done.

Keep in mind that Gary applied in Dec 2016 and this was the first time the money and proof of service was actually raised because the application actually was addressed by a judge without the hearing being cancelled.By the time the order came out a few days later, the money was paid, the proof of service to the bar resolved by the CA attorney for the Fauteux's, Thomas Friedberg.

So these are not a big deal in the grand scheme of things since the judge noted that Gary has done cases and been accepted in cases in CA before, fulfilling the other criteria for being admitted to the Fauteux case.  You misunderstood that part of the judge's statement, as well.

My point being that these are minor things and they had to be addressed this way because, after several other hearings for other stupid things the defendants filed,  the judge was trying to catch up and consolidate a bunch more of derailing motions filed by NN Int and ABLE Int in this case.

And my other point being that these lawyers are doing a great job overall, that no body is perfect. Certainly not the defendant's attorney, who really blew it with his anti-slapp filing and excuses. The judge's decision on that will help us in the Narconon Trout Run case, should  Social Bettermenmt Properties' attorneys ever get get their belated Memorandum filed and start trying to justify that Narconon is not Scientology. 

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2017, 22:53 »
Thanks for that clarification, and for keeping up with the lawsuits, Mary.

I'll never forget when Gary Richardson was interviewed on OKC, Fox News and spoke about the "trend" of deaths at Narconon Arrowhead. He was so right!

Also, thanks to David Love for preserving the video.

https://youtu.be/MX9Gh1xjYHo
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2017, 11:10 »
Mary - My apologies. Aside from making me sleepy most of the time, the pain meds they have me on until I get a hip replacement get me a bit fuzzy at times. And somehow I got Gary Richardson (good guy) mixed up with $cientology attorney Gary Soter (not good guy).
BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #143 on: April 28, 2017, 13:25 »
Mary - My apologies. Aside from making me sleepy most of the time, the pain meds they have me on until I get a hip replacement get me a bit fuzzy at times. And somehow I got Gary Richardson (good guy) mixed up with $cientology attorney Gary Soter (not good guy).

Thank you, BigBeard. Apologies accepted. Yes, I can see how easily one could confuse the two names, regardless of medication effects! Its hard to keep up on who is who with all the lawsuits!!

So sorry for your discomfort. I know your pain and  the effect of pain medicines have, particularly those needed as surgery time approaches for lack of any more alternative. Had one of mine done in 2010.  This , too, shall pass for you, hopefully soon

Wishing you the best on your medical issue  :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 00:01 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #144 on: April 28, 2017, 17:20 »
Feel better, BigBeard!
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama