Author Topic: Lawsuits against Narconon and NN front groups - Ongoing Thread  (Read 56068 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Lawsuits against Narconon - Ongoing Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 20:32 »
^^^^
What she said and welcome to Tipping Point! Best of luck with your search. 

The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 00:30 »
2 MOAR CASES FILED AGAINST NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA!

Superior Court of California, County of Santa Cruz
http://www.santacruzcourt.org/online-services/case-inquiry

DIANE KIND V NARCONON OF NORTHERN CA ET AL
Case CISCV174551 - DIANE KIND V NARCONON OF NORTHERN CA ET AL
Complaint Number:  0001 — COM COMPLAINT of DIANE KIND  ( Personal Injury- OTHER -)
Original Filing Date:  07/05/2012 
Complaint Status:  ACTIVE 

Party Number  Party Type  Party Name  Attorney  Party Status 
PLAINTIFF  DIANE KIND      HANNON, JOHN First Paper Fee Paid 
2  DEFENDANT  NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA  Unrepresented 
3  DEFENDANT  NARCONON INTERNATIONAL  Unrepresented   
4  DEFENDANT  ASSN FOR BETTER LIVING AND EDUCATION INTL  Unrepresented   
5  DEFENDANT  AUGUST WEST FAMILYSERVICES  Unrepresented   
6  DEFENDANT  DANIEL MANSON   Unrepresented   
7  DEFENDANT  ANGIE MANSON   Unrepresented
8  DEFENDANT  ERIK RUDNICK   Unrepresented
__________________________________ __________

Case CISCV174433 - JANICE OLSON V NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Complaint Number:  0001 — COM COMPLAINT of JANICE OLSON   CIVIL COMPLAINT
Original Filing Date:  06/19/2012 
Complaint Status:  ACTIVE 
Case CISCV174433 - Complaints/Parties
Party Number  Party Type  Party Name  Attorney  Party Status 
1  PLAINTIFF  JANICE OLSON     HANNON, JOHN P  First Paper Fee Paid 
2  DEFENDANT  NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA  Unrepresented   
3  DEFENDANT  NARCONON INTERNATIONAL  Unrepresented 
4  DEFENDANT  ASSOCIATION FOR BETTER LIVING AND  Unrepresented   
5  DEFENDANT  DANIEL MANSON   Unrepresented   
6  DEFENDANT  ANGIE MANSON   Unrepresented

This makes 4 ongoing cases against NN Northern California, all plaintiff's rep'd by John Hannon III, Esq.
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2012, 10:01 »
Have the "Have you or a loved one been hurt by narCONon? Call this number 1-800-###-####" blood in the water, shark lawyer TV ads started showing up on Northern California channels yet??

BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2012, 10:37 »
Have the "Have you or a loved one been hurt by narCONon? Call this number 1-800-###-####" blood in the water, shark lawyer TV ads started showing up on Northern California channels yet??

::) We are fortunate that Mr. Hannon takes a small fraction of the many complaints that are sent his way. Getting lawyers to help victims of Narconon is difficult, as most victims have no money left to pay upfront and it has to be a tight case  with damages to be taken on contingency. 
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2012, 20:20 »
Mr. Hannon seems to really know his stuff, about Narconon, as does Jeffrey Harris in Georgia.  If only we could replicate them for every state that has a Narconon in it...

Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 14:03 »
William Sweeney vs Pur Detox, Inc. Allan Sosin, Md & Does 1-50 inclusive

Superior Court of California, For the County of Orange 
Case # 20-2012 00597715
Complaint for Damages
1) Negligence
2) Medical Malpractice
3) Negligent Supervision
http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/09/18/Scientology.pdf

Discussed here
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11471.0.html

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 23:13 »
I forgot to mention here the recent case, Teague vs Narconon Freedom Center,  and A Forever Recovery. Read for more info:
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11433.0.html

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Deaths at Narconon Arrowhead spur two more lawsuits
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 19:04 »
The families and estates of Gabriel Graves and Stacy Dawn Murphy are filing lawsuits next week.

September 28, 2012
Deaths at Narconon Arrowhead spur two more lawsuits

By Jeanne LeFlore Staff Writer

McALESTER — An attorney for the families of two patients found dead at Narconon Arrowhead says lawsuits against the facility could be filed next week. Meanwhile, officials await autopsy reports in an investigation into four known deaths tied to the Scientology-based facility.Narconon Arrowhead is a national nonprofit drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Canadian.
( read on for more)
http://mcalesternews.com/policecourts/x1241986757/Deaths-at-Narconon-Arrowhead-spur-two-more-lawsuits
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 19:26 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 07:07 »
Updated the post on Northern California cases to include details on the HArris related complaint:
NICO GALLION, FREEMAN IVY - Minor Plaintiff  VS. NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, G. MEGAN SHIELDS M.D., STEPHEN MICHAEL STEIN M.D., EVANS HARRIS 
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6462.msg22863.html#msg22863

This one includes Scientology 's Dr Megan Shields!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 19:41 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Re: Lawsuits against Narconon - Ongoing Thread - Stacy Dawn Murphy
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 19:54 »
Copy of the official complaint:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/Petition-Murphy%20Narconon%20filed%2010.5.12.pdf
October 5, 2012
In the District Court in and for Pittsburg County State of Oklahoma

Robert Murphy and Tonya White, individually and as Natural Parents and  Next of Kin of STACY DAWN MURPHY, deceased Plaintiffs
vs
Defendants are Narconon of Oklahoma (NO), d/b/a Narconon Arrowhead, an Oklahoma corporation; Narconon International (NI), a foreign corporation based in California; Association for Better Living and Education International (ABLE), a foreign corporation based in California; and Gerald D. Wootan, DO, M.Ed, medical director of Narconon of Oklahoma.

Readers, please post comments on the web articles reporting today on the lawsuit. This shows the media sources that there is reader interest in these stories. Thanks.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wrongful-death-lawsuit-filed-against-narconon-arrowhead-and-dr-gerald-wootan
SNIP:

Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed Against Narconon Arrowhead After Tulsa County Patient Found Dead at Scientology-Related Facility in Pittsburg County Lawsuit also Alleges Negligence, Violation of State Consumer Protection Act.

TULSA, OK, Oct. 5, 2012 - The parents of a patient found dead in July at Narconon Arrowhead filed a lawsuit against the facility today in Pittsburg County District Court, McAlester. The lawsuit alleges wrongful death, negligence, and violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wrongful-death-lawsuit-filed-against-narconon-arrowhead-and-dr-gerald-wootan

Another family sues Narconon for wrongful lawsuit
Tulsa World - ‎4 hours ago‎
McALESTER -- The attorneys for the family of Stacy Dawn Murphy, who died July 19 while going through drug rehab at Narconon Arrowhead, filed a lawsuit against the facility Friday alleging wrongful death and negligence, according to a press release.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20121005_14_0_McALES998983

Parents File Lawsuit Against Narconon After Owasso Woman Dies In Treatment
News On 6- ‎1 hour ago‎
The lawsuit filed on Friday alleges wrongful death, negligence, and violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act. It lists the defendants as nonprofit Narconon Arrowhead, Narconon International, the Association for Better Living and Education ...
http://www.newson6.com/story/19748338/lawsuit-filed-against-narconon-arrowhead-after-owasso-woman-dies-in-treatment

Family files wrongful death lawsuit against Narconon Arrowhead
kjrh.com - ‎2 hours ago‎
According to the petition filed Friday in Pittsburg County District Court, the parents alleging wrongful death, negligence and violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act by Narconon Arrowhead are seeking more than $225,000 in damages. 20-year-old ...
http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/family-files-wrongful-death-lawsuit-against-narconon-arrowhead

Tulsa law firm files lawsuit against Narconon in woman's death
KRMG - ‎5 hours ago‎
A Tulsa lawfirm has filed a lawsuit alleging wrongful death, negligence, and violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act in the death of an Owasso woman who died at the Narconon Arrowhead facility in July. Stacy Dawn Murphy, 20, had just returned ...
http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/tulsa-law-firm-files-lawsuit-against-narconon-woma/nST6K/

Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Pittsburg Co. Narconon
KOKI FOX 23 - ‎4 hours ago‎
She was addicted to drugs and she and her parents were introduced to Narconon when they sought treatment for Stacy. They were provided misleading information on the Narconon website and by Narconon representatives, which led them to believe that ...
http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Wrongful-death-lawsuit-filed-against-Pittsburg-Co/ktrgmsU-eU6H_rvvnSm8yQ.cspx

Parents file lawsuit against Narconon Arrowhead and it's medical director
Mcalester News Capital - ‎4 hours ago‎
Robert Murphy and Tonya White, parents of 20-year-old Stacy Dawn Murphy of Owasso, seek damages in excess of $75,000 from Narconon Arrowhead, Narconon International, the Association for Better Living and Education International and Dr. Gerald ...
http://mcalesternews.com/policecourts/x1149574337/Parents-file-lawsuit-against-Narconon-Arrowhead-and-one-of-its-doctors
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:13 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 20:12 »
Shirley Gilliam, Natural Mother of Gabriel Graves, deceased and as Special Administrator of the Estate of Gabriel Graves sues Narconon of Oklahoma, Inc d/b/a Narconon Arrowhead,  Narconon International, Association for Better Living And Education ( ABLE ) International, and Dr. Gerald D Wootan, DO, M. Ed for wrongful death, etc. Tulsa News posted about it along with posting the complaint petition

Third lawsuit filed against Narconon

By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer
Published: 10/24/2012  2:26 PM
Last Modified: 10/24/2012  3:20 PM

Document: Read the lawsuit here.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/items/PetitionGilliamagainstNarcononfiled.pdf
Read the article here:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=14&articleid=20121024_14_0_Thefam638694

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 13:37 »
I've OCR'ed the Murphy and Graves lawsuits, and stored them here:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/Lawsuits-Oklahoma/CJ-2012-265/2012-10-05-CJ-2012-265-Murphy.pdf
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/Lawsuits-Oklahoma/CJ-2012-295/2012-10-05-CJ-2012-295-Graves.pdf

I believe Hillary's case has been filed also (so hard to keep up with everything going on!), but couldn't find the complaint posted about here.  Do we have it?

It's so good to see these types of statements being made by lawyers, after critics have been saying the same things for years:

13. Defendant, NO, is a corporate sham and illusion, is merely an adjunct, subsidiary, licensee and/or alter ego of Defendant, Nl, and is heavily controlled by Defendant, Nl.

14. Defendant, Nl, is a corporate sham and illusion, is merely an adjunct, subsidiary, licensee and/or alter ego of Defendant, ABLE, and is heavily controlled by Defendant, ABLE.

... Cut the line about Wooten, aka "Dr. Happy Hands".

16. Defendants, NO, Nl and ABLE, all rely exclusively upon the written "technology" of L. Ron Hubbard (''Hubbard"), the founder of the Church of Scientology, to address the drug and alcohol rehabilitation needs of students enrolled in Narconon programs.

17. This is despite the fact that Hubbard had no known training or education in the field of drug and alcohol rehabilitation.

18. Subsidiary programs like NO implement what they advertise as drug prevention and education programs, based upon the texts of Hubbard, and are forbidden to deviate from these texts. However, none of these programs incorporate known acceptable treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction.

19. In order to use the Hubbard technology, NO must pay a license fee to NI and agree to use the Hubbard technology in a manner that is heavily regulated by NI.

20. Part of the Hubbard technology, as regulated by NI, includes the course materials and purification component used by NO to "rehabilitate" students. However, neither the materials nor the purification component are designed to advance alcohol and/or drug rehabilitation. Instead, the materials are comprised of eight different levels that are virtually identical to the course materials promoted by ABLE, none of which specifically address treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction.

21. The purification component of this treatment consists of "The Sauna Program," which is virtually identical to a required component of ABLE training for non-addiction individuals.

22. Another significant portion of the program is devoted to requiring students to undergo various "training routines", or "TR's", that focus upon conditioning students to either give or receive orders. The courses are "self taught" by students and overseen by counselors, who have little or no training other than that offered by NO, NI and/or ABLE, in administering the course themselves.

23. NO students receive no counseling or education in drug and/or alcohol rehabilitation per se, and therapeutic discussion of drugs and their effects among students and staff is actually discouraged. Instead, NO's proponents believe that strict adherence to the Hubbard technology will address the rehabilitation needs of its students. Nl routinely audits its subsidiaries to insure that the Hubbard technology is being zealously followed.

26. The NO program operates under strict rules related to the discipline, structure, hierarchy, and training of ABLE and its subsidiaries, none of which are, within themselves, known treatments for drug and/or alcohol addictions.

27. Defendants, NO, Nl and ABLE, fraudulently misrepresented and falsely advertised the Narconon Program as one in which students suffering from alcohol and/or drug addiction would be provided substantive education and rehabilitation in the fields of drug and alcohol abuse. However, instead of providing drug rehabilitation, Defendants concealed, and continue to conceal, the Narconon Program's true relationship with ABLE, by teaching the Hubbard technology and not abuse related education.

This is very important, having this in legal documents.  It sets a basis for all the future lawsuits.  (Not speaking legally, just IMO.)

Oh, and this:

VICARIOUS LIABILITY & CIVIL CONSPIRACY
60. Defendants, NO, Nl and ABLE, acted together in concert to unlawfully and
tortuously operate a dangerous, unsafe and unsupervised drug and alcohol rehabilitation program
at NO, as alleged within the First Cause of Action, supra.

What does "ATTORNEY LIEN CLAIMED" mean?  Is this required verbiage for including legal fees in the amount demanded?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 13:46 by ethercat »
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2012, 14:53 »
[qoute]Instead, the materials are comprised of eight different levels that are virtually identical to the course materials promoted by ABLE, none of which specifically address treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction.[/quote]

In addition to be identical to the course materials promoted by ABLE, they are identical to the course materials used within the Cof$.

BigBeard

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2012, 14:54 »
Thanks, ethercat :)

I'll see about how to get a copy of the Holten complaint.

Offline Sunshine

• Merchant of Chaos
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 12:14 »
Not sure where to put this, document is part of supportive documents sent to ADP from Narconon in 2008 when Narconon Tahoe was applying for a license.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2eofn9z.jpg

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 14:38 »
Thanks Sunshine, that sure helps unravel some of California. if you know anything else about the California history I'm all ears.

Your post could go in the thread that lists Narconons. 
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,10168.0.html

It seams we are missing a few, because Gary Smith told the OK6 reporter there were 160 Narconons worldwide and we only counted about 50 rehabs and various other education centers.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 15:08 by snippy »

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 14:43 »
Instead, the materials are comprised of eight different levels that are virtually identical to the course materials promoted by ABLE, none of which specifically address treatment for drug and/or alcohol addiction.

In addition to be identical to the course materials promoted by ABLE, they are identical to the course materials used within the Cof$.

From the OK6 interview:
Drug addiction there, isn't treated with drugs, but by teaching communication and life skills, according to Smith.

"First, realize what problem they were trying to solve by doing drugs or alcohol," said Smith.

How do they do this? Without an e-meter, how do you know for sure you got all the thetan's off. But seriously, I would like to know how they determine and resolve emotional traumas in the first day, week, ... of a three month "course". So now they are licensed mental health counselors? With their sensitivity, I can see why Narconon's PTSD and grief counseling ends with some students running through woods and snow barefoot to get the hell away from them.

The only guarantee that comes with Narconon Arrowhead's "license" is that they will not sue the Oklahoma State health department for not giving them a license.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:38 by snippy »

Offline Jgagnor

• New Around Here
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 23:35 »
Any advise on who to contact to sue racon on vista bay for the mistreatment m daughter was given ??  We live in Florida and she went to vista bay in California ..

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 00:40 »
You might PM Mary McConnell. She helps point people to legal and other help. Just go to http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php?action=profile;u=19 and click on "send personal message". Or find one of her posts and click on her name then on "send personal message".

Sorry you and your daughter had the poor fortune to have to deal with NN. I hope you were able to get your daughter real help and that you get your money back from these crooks. They use people's trust and defraud them of money and worse. Take care.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 23:58 »
RUSSELL v. NARCONON INTERNATIONAL et al

Plaintiff: WILLIAM RUSSELL
Defendants: NARCONON INTERNATIONAL, NARCONON GULF COAST INC. and XYZ ENTITIES 1 - 10

Case Number: 3:2012cv00551
Filed: November 16, 2012

Court: Florida Northern District Court
Office: Pensacola Office
County: Okaloosa
Presiding Judge: M CASEY RODGERS
Referring Judge: ELIZABETH M TIMOTHY

Nature of Suit: Labor - Fair Labor Standards Act
Cause: 15:2
Jurisdiction: Federal Question
Jury Demanded By: Plaintiff
http://dockets.justia.com/docket/florida/flndce/3:2012cv00551/68406/
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama