Author Topic: Lawsuits against Narconon and NN front groups - Ongoing Thread  (Read 53412 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Lawsuits against Narconon - Ongoing Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 18:07 »
Another lawsuit has been filed against Narconon Arrowhead.

Negilgence lawsuit filed against Narconon Arrowhead -McAlester News-Capital, McAlester, OK
November 26, 2012
By Jeanne LeFlore
Staff Writer

McALESTER — A lawsuit was filed today Narconon Arrowhead by a man who suffered from the same disease as a woman who was found dead at the facility earlier this year.

The suit was filed in Pittsburg County District Court by 21-year-old William Scott a former patient of the facility who has a medical condition called from Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, which requires daily medication, according to the lawsuit.

The condition is also the same that of 21-year-old Hillary Holten who was found dead at the facility in April.....

...Scott is seeking more than $75,000 in damages according the  lawsuit which alleges negligence, violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act, vicarious liability and civil conspiracy.

Named as defendants in the lawsuit are Narconon of Oklahoma doing business as Narconon Arrowhead, an Oklahoma corporation; Narconon International, a foreign corporation based in California; Association for Better Living and  Education International, a foreign corporation based in California; and Gerald D. Wootan, DO, M.Ed., medical director of Narconon of Oklahoma.

A request for a response from Narconon Arrowhead was not returned by presstime today.

more at http://mcalesternews.com/breakingnews/x942834940/Negilgence-lawsuit-filed-against-Narconon-Arrowhead
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 06:08 »
Do I hear "Class Action" waiting in the wings??

BigBeard

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 20:16 »
Additional details....

Narconon Arrowhead faces fourth lawsuit this year - McAlester News Capital

November 27, 2012
By Jeanne LeFlore
Staff Writer

McALESTER — A lawsuit was filed Monday against Narconon Arrowhead by a man who suffered from the same disease as a woman who was found dead at the facility earlier this year.

The lawsuit was filed in Pittsburg County District Court by 21-year-old William Scott. According to the suit, Scott is a former patient of the facility with medical condition called Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, a condition that requires daily medication which the facility failed to give him.

The condition is the same as that of 21-year-old Hillary Holten who was found dead at the facility in April. Her autopsy reported the cause of her death as unknown and the manner of death is undetermined.

The flagship branch of an international drug rehab program located in Canadian, Narconon Arrowhead’s program is based on the teachings of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Scott’s lawsuit states that Scientology founder Hubbard had “no known training or education in the field of drug and alcohol rehabilitation.”

The suit is the latest in a string of lawsuits filed this year and an ongoing investigation into the Scientology based facility after three people were found dead in a span of nine months.

Gabriel Graves, Hillary Holten and Stacy Murphy were all found dead at the facility between Oct. of 2011 and July of 2012.

A fourth person, Kaycie Werninck, also died in 2009. while a patient of the facility.

In August, a lawsuit was filed by Matthew and Suzan Holten, the parents of Hillary Holten, alleging Narconon did not provide adequate medical care for their daughter and that she died as a result of Narconon’s negligence.

In October another lawsuit was filed by the parents of Stacy Murphy who was found dead at Narconon Arrowhead in July.

Robert Murphy and Tonya White, parents of 20-year-old Stacy Murphy of Owasso, filed the lawsuit seeking damages in excess of $75,0000 against Narconon International, the Association for Better Living and Education International and Dr. Gerald Wootan.

Also in October, the Shirley Gillaim mother of Gabriel Graves filed a wrongful death lawsuit alleging that her son “repeatedly evidenced symptoms of feeling ill, headaches and vomiting,” but was never referred to a physician.

The suit states that Gabriel Graves was found dead the day after he complained of a terrible headache following sauna treatments. In 2009 Keith and Connie Werninck, the parents of Kaysie Werninck, filed a wrongful death and negligence lawsuit alleging their daughter “died of double pneumonia due to gross negligence on the part of Narconon Arrowhead in Oklahoma staff, who failed to get her the medical attention she needed and asked for but was prevented from receiving by Narconon” She died at Community Hospital Lakeview, in Eufaula, The case was settled in 2011.

Meanwhile in the lawsuit filed Monday alleges that during the 18 days that Scott was a patient of Narconon Arrowhead, he was not provided his prescribed medication causing him to be “rushed to the hospital on three separate occasions, twice by ambulance.”

more at http://mcalesternews.com/policecourts/x942836086/Fourth-lawsuit-this-year-against-Narconon-Arrowhead-alleges-negilgence
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Embattled drug treatment facility Narconon faces another lawsuit - kjrh
11/27/2012

Attorney Gary Richardson says Scott was checked in at the Narconon Arrowhead facility for just 17 days. During that time, Richardson says Scott was hospitalized three times, and was not given access to his medication.

Richardson says Scott escaped from the facility and received treatment at a different rehabilitation center in Colorado.

The lawsuit alleges negligence, violation of the Oklahoma Consumer Protection Act and vicarious liability and conspiracy. It seeks damages in excess of $75,000.

See the lawsuit.

more at http://www.kjrh.com//dpp/news/local_news/embattled-drug-treatment-facility-narconon-faces-another-lawsuit
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 20:34 by mefree »
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline snippy

• Supressive Person
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 20:47 »
They apply the same quack principles over and over and somehow it never dawns on them how flawed it is. That's some powerful koolaid.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 22:20 »
They apply the same quack principles over and over and somehow it never dawns on them how flawed it is. That's some powerful koolaid.

:(

-Dalai Lama

Offline who me?

• Joker and Degrader
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 22:55 »

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2012, 07:02 »

Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

Yes, who me?.  I think we could safely extrapolate to say that the definition of insanity is what the study of scientology inflicts on people.

It never dawns on them how flawed it is because Narconon's focus is on the money, and on KSW (Keeping Scientology Working).  Nothing else matters to them.  I suppose it also never dawns on them that if scientology worked, they wouldn't have to go to such extreme efforts to "keep scientology working."

http://narconon.blogspot.com/2011/11/narconon-oklahoma-is-deadly-place.html
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,8624.0.html

Everyone focused on Gabriel when those were posted.  There was another person hurt, too.  "Joe"/Scott.  I hope he will prevail in his case, and I hope he will recover from his injuries.

To think that Narconon of Oklahoma, aka Narconon Arrowhead, is the training center for all other Narconons.  Something is terribly, terribly wrong with Narconon.  It has to be stopped, or these types of events will continue to spread, as they have already.

:0L||O
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2012, 08:02 »
We are witnessing the snowball effect of all the efforts made by Narconon victims and critics worldwide to permanently shut these facilities... :){}{}{}
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline CoolHand

• Actual Trouble Source
  • Truth Revealed
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2012, 11:02 »

To think that Narconon of Oklahoma, aka Narconon Arrowhead, is the training center for all other Narconons.  Something is terribly, terribly wrong with Narconon.  It has to be stopped, or these types of events will continue to spread, as they have already.

Arrowhead actually only did a little bit of training.  It was a pipe dream/propaganda line from "management" that Arrowhead was the international training center.  Some people did train there, yes.  Most existing centers just trained their own staff.  Places like the Narconon centers in California were actually offended that Oklahoma got a shiny new building and lots of attention.  Narconon International also felt bypassed in the church events because they were hardly even mentioned, yet so much attention was placed on Arrowhead.  The only reason for all of that was to extract more money from parishioners to "prove" what they were accomplishing.  Smoke and mirrors. 

I have tons of stories about all the attempts to get the training center going - each one of them flopped, because the only ones who really wanted one were Miscavige and his event propaganda team.  One example was how 100 staff from Indonesian prisons were supposed to come and train.  That empty promise was part of the reason Arrowhead purchased that money-pit of a hotel in McAlester...

Offline BMF

• Potential Trouble Source
  • Do or Do Not. There is no try.
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2012, 16:56 »
Ahhh yes, the international training center (que trumpets).  What a joke that is. I thought to myself, "if this guy is such a bad ass, then just order everyone from nn to come here and train."  Never happened, couple from israel, couple from holland, the reverends and thats about it.  Millions spent for naught.  Total PR. 
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:59 by BMF »
"But now," says the Once-ler, "Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you,
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. Its not!"   - Dr. Seuss

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 15:20 »

Arrowhead actually only did a little bit of training.  It was a pipe dream/propaganda line from "management" that Arrowhead was the international training center.  Some people did train there, yes.  Most existing centers just trained their own staff.  Places like the Narconon centers in California were actually offended that Oklahoma got a shiny new building and lots of attention.  Narconon International also felt bypassed in the church events because they were hardly even mentioned, yet so much attention was placed on Arrowhead.  The only reason for all of that was to extract more money from parishioners to "prove" what they were accomplishing.  Smoke and mirrors. 

I have tons of stories about all the attempts to get the training center going - each one of them flopped, because the only ones who really wanted one were Miscavige and his event propaganda team.  One example was how 100 staff from Indonesian prisons were supposed to come and train.  That empty promise was part of the reason Arrowhead purchased that money-pit of a hotel in McAlester...

Ahhh yes, the international training center (que trumpets).  What a joke that is.  Miscaviage came to my office when he was there, looked around like he was very satisfied with what he created and left.  I thought to myself, "if this guy is such a bad ass, then just order everyone from nn to come here and train."  Never happened, couple from israel, couple from holland, the reverends and thats about it.  Millions spent for naught.  Total PR.

Facinating stuff. Thanks
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2013, 10:20 »
Not sure if this was ever included.

Back in 2010, OTBT posted about 2  Michigan Attorney General complaint cases settled in 2010 and reported in Sept 2010 by the state database. One for A Forever Recovery and the other for Narconon Stone Hawk
https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/narconon-successfully-sued-for-10k.64927/

Here are the details for State of Michigan attorney cases:

1383 Drury, Ann L v Narconon Stone Hawk 5/14/2010 $10,000 for consumer

1234 Delguidice, Gail and Michael v A forever Recovery 2009 $8,000 for consumer

OTBT's post has screenshots of them. There is no direct link to easily locate these on the state site except to an xls file via google search. It's something like this:
Website_TEST.Settlement_Center_Mas ter_Spreadsheet_275499_7.xls

The whole 2010 database of settlements of consumer cases taken up by the MI AG can be seen here as well - search by last name initial
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/86098474/to-view-a-list-of-Attorney---SOM---State-of-Michiganxls

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Re: Lawsuits against Narconon and NN front groups - Ongoing Thread
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2013, 23:29 »
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,11997.msg27543.html#msg27543

New Lawsuit - Russell v. Narconon International et. al.
« on: November 21, 2012, 09:10 »

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/florida/flndce/3:2012cv00551/68406/
Plaintiff:    WILLIAM RUSSELL
Defendants:    NARCONON INTERNATIONAL, NARCONON GULF COAST INC. and XYZ ENTITIES 1 - 10
Case Number:    3:2012cv00551
Filed:    November 16, 2012
Court:    Florida Northern District Court
Office:    Pensacola Office
County:    Okaloosa
Presiding Judge:    M CASEY RODGERS
Referring Judge:    ELIZABETH M TIMOTHY
Nature of Suit:    Labor - Fair Labor Standards Act
Cause:    15:2
Jurisdiction:    Federal Question       
Jury Demanded By:    Plaintiff

This lawsuit, thankfully, is not another wrongful death or bodily injury case, but is important, nonetheless, with potential repercussions for Narconon nationally.

This case alleges that Narconon International and its branches have not paid the Plaintiff or other unnamed Employees past and present for overtime work during the period of November 2009 and November 2012, and that Plaintiff and all other employees during that period are entitled to overtime pay for their work.  The Plaintiff seeks compensation for all overtime hours worked at one and one-half times their regular pay rate, including interest.

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/US-3-12-CV-00551-MCR-EMT/US-3-12-CV-00551-MCR-EMT-2012-11-16-Complaint.pdf
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/US-3-12-CV-00551-MCR-EMT/US-3-12-CV-00551-MCR-EMT-2012-11-16-Summons-NNGulfCoast.pdf
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/US-3-12-CV-00551-MCR-EMT/US-3-12-CV-00551-MCR-EMT-2012-11-16-Summons-NNInt.pdf

Defendants are listed as "Narconon International, a/k/a Narconon Southern California, Narconon Gulf Coast Inc., and XYZ Entities 1-10."

The complaint states:

It is the intent of this collective action to apply to all similarly situated employees of Defendants regardless of location, such that the scope of this collective action is nationwide and includes each and every State in the United States at which Defendants have been doing business within the three (3) year statute of limitations period between November 2009 and the present.

So anyone reading who has worked at ANY Narconon during that period of time may want to contact the attorneys in this case to be included:

Gregg I. Shavitz, Esquire (gshavitz@ domain below)
Keith M. Stern, Esquire (kstern@ domain below)
Shavitz Law Group, P.A.
1515 South Florida Hwy, Suite 404
Boca Raton, Florida 33432
Telephone: 561-447-8888
Fax: 561-447-8831

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2013, 23:31 »
JESSIE KARAOGLANIAN VS NARCONON FRESH START, et al
Filing Date:  01/03/2013
Case Type:  Fraud (no contract) (General Jurisdiction)
Future Hearings

03/27/2013 at 08:30 am in department NCBB at 300 East Olive, Burbank, CA

Order to Show Cause(re trial court delay reduction)

05/22/2013 at 08:30 am in department NCBB at 300 East Olive, Burbank, CA

Conference-Case Management

Documents Filed | Proceeding Information

Parties

HAGOPIAN VICKEN H. LAW OFFICES OF - Attorney for Plaintiff

KARAOGLANIAN JESSIE - Plaintiff

NARCONON FRESH START - Defendant

SUNSHINE SUMMIT LODGE - Defendant
Case Information | Party Information | Proceeding Information
Documents Filed (Filing dates listed in descending order)

01/14/2013 Notice-Case Management Conference
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff

01/14/2013 Miscellaneous-Other (civil deposit )

01/03/2013 Notice (of OSC re trial court delay reduction )
Filed by Court

01/03/2013 Notice-Case Management Conference

01/03/2013 Complaint

01/03/2013 Summons Filed

01/08/2012 Proof of Service

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2013, 23:41 »
Maria Williams vs Narconon Fresh Start, Roger Davis et al
Sexual Harassment, Retaliation for complaints of Sexual Harassment

Case # BC494583 Los Angeles Superior Court of California

Case Summary

Case Number:  BC494583
MARIA WILLIAMS VS NARCONON FRESH START ET AL
Filing Date:  11/01/2012
Case Type:  Wrongful Termination (General Jurisdiction)

Future Hearings

02/08/2013 at 08:35 am in department 15 at 111 North Hill Street, Los
Angeles, CA 90012

Motion to Compel(ARBITRATION AND MOTION TO STAY)

Parties

DAVIS ROGER - Defendant/Respondent

DOES 1-100 - Defendant/Respondent

EISENBERG & ASSOCIATES - Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

NARCONON FRESH START - Defendant/Respondent

WHITTINGTON JEFFREY S. ESQ. - Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

WILLIAMS MARIA - Plaintiff/Petitioner

01/28/2013 Opposition Document
Filed by Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

01/10/2013 Opposition Document

12/27/2012 Motion to Compel (ARBITRATION )
Filed by Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

12/04/2012 Proof-Service/Summons (COMPLAINT )

11/01/2012 Complaint
__________________________________ __________________

Briana King vs Narconon Fresh Start, Roger Davis, et al

Sexual Harassment, Retaliation for complaints of Sexual Harassment

Case # BC494584   Los Angeles Superior Court of California

Case Summary

Case Number:  BC494584
BRIANA KING VS NARCONON FRESH START ET AL
Filing Date:  11/01/2012
Case Type:  Wrongful Termination (General Jurisdiction)
Future Hearings

None

Parties

DAVIS ROGER - Defendant/Respondent

DOES 1 - 100 - Defendant/Respondent

EISENBERG MICHAEL B. ESQ. - Attorney for Plaintiff/Petitioner

KAUFMAN BORGEEST & RYAN LLP - Attorney for Defendant/Respondent

KING BRIANA - Plaintiff/Petitioner

NARCONON FRESH START - Defendant/Respondent

01/29/2013 Order (GRANTING MOTION TO COMPEL ARB re binding arb )
Filed by Court

01/18/2013 Supplemental Declaration

01/17/2013 Brief

01/10/2013 Statement-Case Management

12/27/2012 Motion to Compel

12/04/2012 Proof-Service/Summons

11/21/2012 Proof-Service/Summons

11/08/2012 Notice-Case Management Conference
Filed by Clerk

11/01/2012 Complaint
Case Information | Party Information | Documents Filed

Proceedings Held (Proceeding dates listed in descending order)

01/29/2013 at 01:30 pm in Department 34, Amy D. Hogue, Presiding
Motion to Compel (MOT OF NARCONON AND ROGER DAVIS TO COMPEL BIND ARB/STAY CASE(cf 1-24-13 per Crt Ord)) - Granted

01/24/2013 at 08:30 am in Department 34, Amy D. Hogue, Presiding
Motion to Compel - Continued by Stipulation

Roger Davis
New Inner City Outreach Center in Los Angeles
Roger Davis, Narconon Fresh Start
Director of Community Relations for the Inner City, was named the
Executive Director of the new Narconon Fresh Start Outreach Center in South Central Los Angeles. Roger hosted the grand opening ceremonies on Sunday Nov 27th and introduced attendees and community leaders to the new center. This center will provide free life skills courses to the members of
the surrounding area.
http:// news .narconon .org /pdf /narconon-newsletter-march- 2012 .pdf

Roger Davis is a Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS), Forensic Addictions Counselor (FAC), Certified Co-occurring Disorders Specialist (CCDS) and Certified Women’s Issues Specialist (CWIS). Roger received his training through The Breining Institute, Skidmore University, Charles Drew University and is certified in delivering the Narconon Truth about Drugs lecture series. Roger started working as a drug dependency counselor in 1999 and has been a full time drug educator with Narconon since 2005.

Roger has worked with Boys & Girls Club, Hope for Life Foundation, Salvation Army, Los Angeles Sheriff Lee Baca, Los Angeles County Juvenile Probation, Men’s Health, Veterans Shelters, World Literacy Crusade, Washington High School, Tabatha's House Bakersfield, SEA Education Centers, Watts Family and Community Center, Inglewood Community Center, Compton City Counsel, Watts Labor Community Family Development Network and many more.

Roger is a military veteran having served in the US Army 101st Airborne Division; he sustained injuries, received an honorable discharge, is a service connected disabled veteran, and served on the Honor Guard for the inauguration of President Ronald Regan. Roger found himself involved with alcohol and drugs after the military, but was able to turn his life around after discovering the rehabilitation technology of Narconon. After that, he dedicated himself to helping others get off of drugs and to educating our society’s youth about the dangers of drugs.

Having been raised in Harlem, NY, Roger’s background as a reformed gang member, reformed drug & alcohol user and veteran, give him valuable
credibility with many of the youth of the inner city. While many of the inner city youth do not accept information from “authority figures”,

Roger not only gives respect, but receives respect in return. He is not only recognized by the community groups within the inner city, but also by some of the inner city gang leaders, who have actually been known to give Roger a “free pass” into their territories to allow him educate their youth.

Roger Davis with Sheriff Dept Roger has spoken to more than 200,000
students, parents and teachers on the dangers of drugs at more than 100
schools & organizations throughout many counties in California and has
also been invited to speak at many inner city conferences and events. He
is very well known for his expertise on how to get inner city youth to
understand the dangers of drugs and understand the path to living a successful and productive life. What sets Roger apart is his ability to connect with the various ethnic cultures of the inner city, building good rapport and relationships with them, and gaining the trust of those who do not easily give trust.

Roger has received many acknowledgements for his effective drug education
seminars by students, counselors, teachers, business leaders, schools and
government agencies & officials.
http:// www. rainbow canyon retreat . com/roger .html

Roger Joesph Davis, M-RAS, CSC, FAC, CCDS, CWTS

Adelanto, California

Roger Joesph Davis, M-RAS, CSC, FAC, CCDS, CWTS    

Registration / Certification Number:
D1005131202

Initial Registration / Certification Date:
Jul 19, 2010

Current Status:
Active

Renewal Date :
Jul 19, 2014

Other Credentials:
Registered Addiction Specialist- Level II (RAS II) Breining Institute;
Clinical Supervisor Credential (CSC) Breining Institute; Forensic Addictions Counselor Credential (FAC) Breining Institute; Certified Co-Occurring Disorders Specialist Credential (CCDS) Breining Institute; Certified Women's Treatment Specialist Credential (CWTS) Breining Institute;

Actions Affecting Eligibility:
No public record of discipline or administrative actions.

Term Explanations :
◦ Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS) certification number will begin
with a number or a letter A through Z.

◦ RAS Intern (RASi) registration number will begin with "RI-"

◦ "Current Status" may be Active, Inactive (formerly Certified or

Registered), or Suspended. RAS or RASi may be suspended for disciplinary
or administrative reasons.

◦ An RAS Intern is in the process of obtaining education and experience
to qualify for examination. In order to obtain the RAS Credential, the
candidate must have documented necessary qualification, including the
meeting of those standards identified within Cal. Code of Regs, Title 9,

Chapter 8, Sections 13000, et seq.
http://www.  breining . edu/ras_professionals .htm

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2013, 01:20 »
Narconon Lawsuits in Michigan showing at Calhoun County Court Records!
11 Narconon Lawsuits filed 2006-2009 in Calhoun County Michigan Court
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,6313.0.html

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2013, 16:39 »
Thank you to Tony Ortega for getting this important story out, along with the detains and docs on each complaint. Kudos to Gary Richardson *, and colleagues at Richardson Richardson Boudreaux Keesling. for taking this on!

SCIENTOLOGY DRUG REHAB CENTER HIT WITH FIVE MORE LAWSUITS
http://tonyortega.org/2013/03/21/scientology-drug-rehab-center-hit-with-four-more-lawsuits/

Scientology’s troubled flagship drug rehab facility in Oklahoma — Narconon Arrowhead — was hit with five additional lawsuits today, all filed by Gary Richardson, the attorney who is handling four other wrongful death and fraud suits against the center.

The lawsuits…

– Mary Cantu is suing for fraud after paying $13,000 to Narconon for her son to attend in July 2011, but then he left in a panic just two weeks later after feeling his safety was endangered.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/131661637/Mary-Cantu-vs-Narcono

– Lisa Gray is suing after putting her son in the facility in May 2011 and then removing him in July. Like Cantu, she says Narconon is a fraudulent program that doesn’t deliver what it promises.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/131662626/Lisa-Gray-vs-Narconon

– Gina Nelsen is suing after paying $25,000 for her son’s treatment in October 2012. When she raised questions about the untruths she’d been told about the program, she alleges that her son was kicked out of the facility, “Thereafter, the Defendants transported Plaintiff’s son to the Salvation Army in Tulsa, Oklahoma, more than a hundred miles away, with only the clothes on his back, where he stayed until he was able to take a bus and secure some clothing, that was donated by local churches and friends.”
http://www.scribd.com/doc/131663394/Gina-Nelsen-vs-Narconon

– Sue Ann Newman and Dena Shobe are suing after Sue Ann was admitted as a patient at Narconon in May 2012 on false promises that she and her sister, Dena Shobe, could get a special low price through a work program. Instead, “Defendants fraudulently, and without Plaintiffs’ knowledge or permission, applied for a Discovery Card and a Visa Card, in the name of Plaintiff, SHOBE. Thereafter, Defendants fraudulently billed to Plaintiff’s Discovery credit car $7,000 and billed $7,500 to Plaintiff’s Visa credit card, again, all without the knowledge and/or permission of the Plaintiffs.”
http://www.scribd.com/doc/131664506/Sue-Ann-Newman-vs-Narconon

– Vicki White is suing because she says fraudulent means were used to enroll her son in Narconon and keep him there, despite her attempts to get him out because of concerns that his medical needs weren’t being addressed. Like the others, she is alleging that Narconon’s business practices are simply a form of fraud.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/131665820/Vicki-White-vs-Narconon

* Gary Richardson and firm also currently represent the families and estates of the 3 deceased Narconon Arrowhead victims, Gabriel Graves, Stacey Murphy and Hillary Holten as well as another fraud case.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2013, 07:27 »
No matter what I know about this evil scam, I continue to be amazed at the unethical and illegal lengths that individuals will go to. The fraudulent credit card allegations are still stunning. I've read similar allegations about scientology members being robbed this way. One might conclude their actions reek of desperation.  From here, its beginning to look like just another day in scientology.
-Dalai Lama

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2013, 09:40 »
El Rum's "Make money, make money, make more money." line doesn't say a word about making the money legally.

But's its still a <sarcasm> shock </sarcasm> to see "The most ethical people on the planet." pulling this kind of stuff.
BigBeard

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2013, 10:04 »