Author Topic: Lawsuits against Narconon and NN front groups - Ongoing Thread  (Read 57950 times)

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Re: Lawsuits against Narconon and NN front groups - Ongoing Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2013, 16:45 »
Good advice, lol.
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
Richmond vs. A Forever Recovery, AFR Medical Dir, local physicians & hospitals

This is a medical malpractice case against Narconon front group called A Forever Recovery, Inc, and it's medical director, several physicians and medical professionals, along with 2 medical centers in Battle Creek and Albion MI.

In a nutshell, Mr. Richmond went to A Forever Recovery for help and, boy, did they ever fail him! Not only did AFR fail him during his the detox withdrawal phase of treatment, but they prevented him from getting adequate medical care for withdrawal seizures, resulting in a fall that cause internal bleeding and fracture resulting in later emergency surgery and  treatment elsewhere.

The plaintiff was failed because of the professional malpractice of AFR's Medical Director and these physicians who scrapped medical protocol when plaintiff kept having seizures and was admitted several times, not properly treated and then released back to AFR because A Forever Recovery's Stephen Robinson, MD told others in writing that plaintiff was not to be administered any medications. AFR and physicians failed to properly treat plaintiff because they deemed that the plaintiff was faking it when he wasn't.

Party Name                   Party Type              Attorney
RICHMOND,CLINTON,RAY,  PLAINTIFF              MEYERS,JEFFREY T.,
RICHMOND,COLLEEN,    PLAINTIFF                  MEYERS,JEFFREY T.

Party Name                   Party Type                   Attorney
ANTHONY JANAS, MD      DEFENDANT                     NA
STEPHEN,ROBINSON,MD  DEFENDANT                     NA
SETH EGELSTON, MD      DEFENDANT                     NA
JOEL GOLDBERG, MD       DEFENDANT                     NA
WILLIAM,H BLAKESLEE, PA  DEFENDANT                  NA
HISTORIC FAMILY PHYSICIANS  DEFENDANT            NA
A FOREVER RECOVERY INC DEFENDANT        NA
BATTLE CREEK HEALTH SYSTEM DEFENDANT            NA

Well worth reading the complaint here:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/13-818-NH-2013-03-15-Richmond_vs_A_Forever_Recovery.pdf

Thank you to the anonymous donor of this important but expensive document.

Lastly, thank you to Miss Fortune and her blog, Glistening, Quivering Underbelly for tipping me off to this case. Look for her recent and upcoming articles on Narconon Freedom Center, A Forever Recovery, Best Drug Rehab and the Wickstrom family cabal of Michigan here:. http://glisteningquiveringunderbelly.blogspot.com

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 17:21 by Mary_McConnell »
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Re: Lawsuits against Narconon - Ongoing Thread
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2013, 10:11 »
2 MOAR CASES FILED AGAINST NARCONON NORTHERN CALIFORNIA!

Superior Court of California, County of Santa Cruz
http://www.santacruzcourt.org/online-services/case-inquiry

DIANE KIND V NARCONON OF NORTHERN CA ET AL
Case CISCV174551 - DIANE KIND V NARCONON OF NORTHERN CA ET AL
Complaint Number:  0001 — COM COMPLAINT of DIANE KIND  ( Personal Injury- OTHER -)
Original Filing Date:  07/05/2012 
Complaint Status:  ACTIVE 

Party Number  Party Type  Party Name  Attorney  Party Status 
PLAINTIFF  DIANE KIND      HANNON, JOHN First Paper Fee Paid 
2  DEFENDANT  NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA  Unrepresented 
3  DEFENDANT  NARCONON INTERNATIONAL  Unrepresented   
4  DEFENDANT  ASSN FOR BETTER LIVING AND EDUCATION INTL  Unrepresented   
5  DEFENDANT  AUGUST WEST FAMILYSERVICES  Unrepresented   
6  DEFENDANT  DANIEL MANSON   Unrepresented   
7  DEFENDANT  ANGIE MANSON   Unrepresented
8  DEFENDANT  ERIK RUDNICK   Unrepresented
__________________________________ __________

Case CISCV174433 - JANICE OLSON V NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Complaint Number:  0001 — COM COMPLAINT of JANICE OLSON   CIVIL COMPLAINT
Original Filing Date:  06/19/2012 
Complaint Status:  ACTIVE 
Case CISCV174433 - Complaints/Parties
Party Number  Party Type  Party Name  Attorney  Party Status 
1  PLAINTIFF  JANICE OLSON     HANNON, JOHN P  First Paper Fee Paid 
2  DEFENDANT  NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA  Unrepresented   
3  DEFENDANT  NARCONON INTERNATIONAL  Unrepresented 
4  DEFENDANT  ASSOCIATION FOR BETTER LIVING AND  Unrepresented   
5  DEFENDANT  DANIEL MANSON   Unrepresented   
6  DEFENDANT  ANGIE MANSON   Unrepresented

This makes 4 ongoing cases against NN Northern California, all plaintiff's rep'd by John Hannon III, Esq.

UPDATE: Seems as if both of these cases may be ending soon, with plaintiff's Kind and Olson both being able to bring their cases again * before the court but it looks like the court ordered them both back to more case management, both set to occur in June 1013

Case CISCV174551 - DIANE KIND V NARCONON OF NORTHERN CA ET AL
Case CISCV174551 - Actions

Viewed                  Date Action        Text                 Disposition

06/04/2013 8:29 AM DEPT. 4  FURTHER CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE

03/20/2013  NOTICE OF ENTRY OF DISMISSAL AND PROOF OF SERVICE FILED BY DIANE KIND.   Not Applicable 

03/13/2013  REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL ON COMPLAINT FILED 07/05/2012 OF DIANE KIND AS TO DEFENDANT NARCONON INTERNATIONAL, ASSN FOR BETTER LIVING AND EDUCATION INTL, AUGUST WEST FAMILYSERVICES, DANIEL MANSON, ANGIE MANSON, ERIK RUDNICK WITHOUT PREJUDICE FILED      Not Applicable 

01/31/2013 8:29 AM DEPT. 4   FURTHER CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
                                                                             COMPLETED

01/28/2013  CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE STATEMENT FILED BY DIANE KIND
__________________________________ _________   

Case CISCV174433 - JANICE OLSON V NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA

Viewed             Date     Action Text   Disposition 

06/18/2013 8:29 AM DEPT. 4  FURTHER CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE

03/27/2013 8:29 AM DEPT. 4  FURTHER CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
                                                        COMPLETED 

03/20/2013     NOTICE OF ENTRY OF DISMISSAL AND PROOF OF SERVICE FILED BY JANICE OLSON.      Not Applicable

03/13/2013     REQUEST FOR DISMISSAL ON COMPLAINT FILED

06/19/2012 OF JANICE OLSON AS TO DEFENDANT NARCONON INTERNATIONAL, ASSOCIATION FOR BETTER LIVING AND, DANIEL MANSON, ANGIE MANSON WITHOUT PREJUDICE FILED
__________________________________ ______

* without prejudice is defined as:

without prejudice

Without any loss or waiver of rights or privileges.

When a lawsuit is dismissed, the court may enter a judgment against the plaintiff with or without prejudice. When a lawsuit is dismissed without prejudice, it signifies that none of the rights or privileges of the individual involved are considered to be lost or waived. The same holds true when an admission is made or when a motion is denied without prejudice.

The inclusion of the term without prejudice in a judgment of dismissal ordinarily indicates the absence of a decision on the merits and leaves the parties free to litigate the matter in a subsequent action, as though the dismissed action had not been started. Therefore, a dismissal without prejudice makes it unnecessary for the court in which the subsequent action is brought to determine whether that action is based on the same cause as the original action, or whether the identical parties are involved in the two actions.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/without+prejudice

I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
New lawsuit: DAVID G URE VS. NARCONON VISTA - Filed 02/05/2013
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2013, 10:47 »
DAVID G. URE VS. NARCONON VISTA BAY

Complaint for damages for - Orange Co, CA 02/05/2013
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/30-2013-00628712-CU-CO-CJC-2013-02-05-Ure_v_Narconon_VistaBay_Complaint_OrangeCO.pdf

1,  Fraud and misrepresentation;  2,Money Paid; 3. Money had and received.

David G Ure files this as assignee of rights belonging from Tristen Ure, who paid for her son to go to Narconon Vista Bay.

Besides being defrauded by lies...it looks like attorney included internet information to help support plaintiff's claims. :)

Superior Court of California - Orange County

Case Id:          30-2013-00628712-CU-CO-CJC    

Case Title:          DAVID G URE VS. NARCONON VISTA BAY    

Case Type:          CONTRACT - OTHER    

Filing Date:          02/05/2013    

Category:          CIVIL - UNLIMITED

DAVID G URE    PLAINTIFF       02/05/2013    
DICK R. RUNELS    ATTORNEY       02/05/2013    
NARCONON VISTA BAY    DEFENDANT       02/05/2013    
VISTA BAY    DEFENDANT       02/05/2013

« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 17:21 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2013, 13:58 »
Peet vs Narconon Fresh Start, Rainbow Canyon Retreat, Rainbow Canyon Recovery, and Does 1-10

On March 8, Mark and Nicole Peet, residents of upstate New York, sent their son to the Rainbow Canyon Retreat, a Narconon drug rehab center that relies on the teachings of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. The young man was back home by May 13. In the lawsuit they filed in Nevada on November 21, the Peets allege that their son (whose name we’re withholding because of his age) went through disturbing mistreatment at the hands of older patients, including “branding” him with a hot iron.

The Peets are suing to get back the $39,000 they paid Rainbow Canyon, and are also asking for punitive damages, alleging that their son was so affected by his experience at the facility, it led to his attempting suicide on September 5.

Needed to add this one to this thread, from Jan 2013 which Tony Ortega wrote about, which snippy posted the complaint on Scribd and which members discussed on the forum. See below links

Complaint Document posted by snippy on Scribd
http://www.scribd.com/doc/119076015/NN-NV-Peet-v-RainbowCanyon-312-Cv-00684-LRH-Wgc-2013-01-02-Abuse-of-Minor-Complaint-Ocr

Original source:
Scientology Drug Rehab Program’s Newest Victim: A New York 15-Year-Old
http://tonyortega.org/2013/01/05/another-scientology-drug-rehab-lawsuit-alleges-disturbing-abuse/

Forum discussion here re: Scientology Drug Rehab Program’s Newest Victim: A New York 15-Year-Old
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12136.msg28332.html#msg28332

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Re: Lawsuits against Narconon - Ongoing Thread
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2013, 14:27 »
Not sure where to put this, document is part of supportive documents sent to ADP from Narconon in 2008 when Narconon Tahoe was applying for a license.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2eofn9z.jpg

This is really good info. 

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2013, 14:35 »
This is a medical malpractice case against Narconon front group called A Forever Recovery, Inc, and it's medical director, several physicians and medical professionals, along with 2 medical centers in Battle Creek and Albion MI.

In a nutshell, Mr. Richmond went to A Forever Recovery for help and, boy, did they ever fail him! Not only did AFR fail him during his the detox withdrawal phase of treatment, but they prevented him from getting adequate medical care for withdrawal seizures, resulting in a fall that cause internal bleeding and fracture resulting in later emergency surgery and  treatment elsewhere.

The plaintiff was failed because of the professional malpractice of AFR's Medical Director and these physicians who scrapped medical protocol when plaintiff kept having seizures and was admitted several times, not properly treated and then released back to AFR because A Forever Recovery's Stephen Robinson, MD told others in writing that plaintiff was not to be administered any medications. AFR and physicians failed to properly treat plaintiff because they deemed that the plaintiff was faking it when he wasn't.

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/13-818-NH-2013-03-15-Richmond_vs_A_Forever_Recovery.pdf

This poor fellow was let down by so many clinicians, Mary, Do you know if all have been reported to the appropriate medical/licensing boards?
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2013, 14:45 »

This poor fellow was let down by so many clinicians, Mary, Do you know if all have been reported to the appropriate medical/licensing boards?

Honestly, I don't just read this yesterday. Miss Fortune is going to report on it so maybe she will look into that.

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Looks like  Narconon is trying to get this case dismissed, as usual.

2013 CA 001592 F Okaloosa County FL Superior Court
FIUMANO, JOHN vs. NARCONON GULF COAST, INC.    

Summary
Judge:    BROWN, JOHN T    Case Type:    Circuit Civil    Status:    OPEN
Case Number:    2013 CA 001592 F    Uniform Case Number:    462013CA001592FXXXXX         
Clerk File Date:    4/4/2013    Status Date:    4/4/2013         
SAO Case Number:       Total Fees Due:    0.00    Booking #:    
Agency:       Agency Report #:       Custody Location:    

Parties
Type    Party Name    Attorney
DEFENDANT    NARCONON GULF COAST, INC.    Active TALBERT, J ANDREW (Main Attorney)

DEFENDANT    ROSS, DEBORAH V    Active TALBERT, J ANDREW (Main Attorney)

PLAINTIFF    FIUMANO, JOHN    Active SPIRES, WINTER (Main Attorney)

Date    Entry

5/10/2013    ANSWER & AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES & MOTION TO DISMISS OF NARCONON GULF COAST INC
   4/29/2013    NOTICE OF APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL - J ANDREW TALBERT ON BEHALF OF DEF'S
   4/17/2013    NOTICE OF FILING SUUMONS SERVED: NARCONON GULF COAST INC
   4/17/2013    NOTICE OF FILING SUMMONS SERVED: DEBORAH V ROSS 04/09/13
   4/5/2013    PAYMENT $420.00 RECEIPT #2013017331
   4/5/2013    JUDGE BROWN, JOHN T: ASSIGNED
   4/4/2013    SUMMONS SERVICE FEE ASSESSED $20.00
   4/4/2013    COMPLAINT FOR DAMAGES
   4/4/2013    SITUS DESIGNATION FORM FILED
   4/4/2013    CIVIL COVER SHEET
   4/4/2013    SUMMONS ISSUED TO: DEBORAH V ROSS ISSUED BY CLERK ON 04/05/13
   4/4/2013    SUMMONS ISSUED TO: NARCONON GULF COAST INC ISSUED BY CLERK ON 04/05/13
   4/4/2013    CASE FILED 04/04/2013 CASE NUMBER PENDING
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 22:52 by Mary_McConnell »

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
A dismissal seems doubtful.
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Yes, but they always try at the onset, lol

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
This case is ongoing
GORE, HEIDI vs. NARCONON GULF COAST, INC. and Ross, Debbie

SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK
COUNTY OF NEW YORK

PARTIES

HEIDI GORE and NATHANIEL S. GORE, Plaintiffs,
-against-

NARCONON GULF COAST, INC., and
DEBBIE ROSS,
Defendants.

X
Index No. 159042/12

AMENDED COMPLAINT

FILED: NEW YORK COUNTY CLERK 04/11/2013 INDEX NO. 159042/2012
NYSCEF DOC. NO. 16 RECEIVED NYSCEF: 04/11/2013

Plaintiffs Heidi Gore and Nathaniel S. Gore, by and through their counsel, Zukerman Gore Brandeis & Crossman, LLP, for their Amended Complaint for unjust enrichment, promissory estoppel, fraudulent misrepresentation, fraudulent concealment and rescission against defendants Narconon Gulf Cost, Inc. and Debbie Ross (collectively, "Defendants"), allege as follows:

1. Plaintiffs Heidi Gore and Nathaniel S. Gore (collectively the "Gores" or
"Plaintiffs," and individually Mr. or Mrs. Gore) are married, and reside in New York, New York.
2. Upon information and belief, Defendant Narconon Gulf Coast, Inc. ("Narconon") is a corporation that maintains its principal office at 3391 Scenic Highway 98, Destin, Florida 32541.

3. Upon information and belief, Defendant Debbie Ross ("Ross") is an owner,
manager, and principal of Defendant Narconon, and is a resident of the State of Florida.

JURISDICTION AND VENUE

4. This court has jurisdiction over this matter, and over Defendants pursuant to CPLR § 302(a)(1) because Defendants have transacted business in this state, and pursuant to CPLR § 302(a)(3), because Defendants committed a tortious act without the state causing injury to persons within this state, regularly solicit business and advertise over the Internet in this state, and expect or reasonably should expect the acts here complained of to have consequences in this state and derive substantial revenue from interstate or international commerce.

5. Venue is appropriate in this court because Plaintiffs reside in New York County.

ALLEGATIONS COMMON TO ALL COUNTS

6. This is an action to recover $40,000 that Defendant Narconon obtained from Plaintiffs as a result of Narconon's deliberate misrepresentation and material nondisclosure of relevant facts, at a time when the Gores, acting as good Samaritans, were attempting to assist a relative not from theit itnmediate family, but who was in need of professional drug treatment (the
"Patient") and was experiencing emergency medical issues requiring itnmediate attention as a result of substance abuse.

7. Narconon holds itself out as a professional inpatient drug treatment facility.

8. For the purpose of attracting patients and people who are seeking to place
patients, Narconon maintains a website (the 'Website"). The Website purports to provide a thorough explanation of Narconon's services, treatment techniques, and philosophy.

9. The Website contains a section called the "Rehab Help Form," which invites an Internet user visiting the Website to complete a form which asks for the Internet user's basic contact information, and permits the user to write out a detailed message which is received direcdy by Narconon.

10. The Website does not disclose that Narconon has any connection to Scientology or that Narconon exposes its patients to the literature and "teachings" of Scientology. 11. On or about September 9, 2012, the Gores, searching from New York for facilities that could serve the Patient, were directed to the Website. The Gores reviewed the Website, and spoke by telephone with spokespersons from Narconon.

12. During conversations with the Gores, none of the Narconon spokespeople
revealed any connection to Scientology.

13. In reliance upon the representations and omissions of Narconon, both on the Website and on the telephone, Mrs. Gore agreed to escort the Patient to Narconon's office.

14. In the alternative, the Gores acted based upon a unilateral mistake about the relationship between Narconon and Scientology, and the existence of such mistake was both known to Narconon at the time, and was actively fostered by Narconon.

15. Narconon insisted upon receiving a deposit of $40,000, in advance, before either of the Gores left New York, in order to "save a spot" for the Patient.

16. On or about September 9, 2012, Narconon received $40,000 from the Gores (the "Deposit").

17. The Deposit was paid by the Gores in New York, via American Express, as
instructed by Narconon.

18. Narconon received the Deposit as a result of Narconon's material omission of facts to the Gores.

19. Narconon failed to disclose to the Gores the fact that it is connected with the socalled "Scientology" church or movement.

20. On information and belief, in fact Narconon is connected with Scientology in one or more ways.

21. On information and belief, Narconon uses writings taken from Scientology in its treatment of patients.

22. On information and belief, Narconon employs teachings from Scientology in its treatment of patients.

23. At no time did Narconon reveal to the Gores its connection with Scientology.

24. Such failure to disclose was willful, and was intended to induce the Gores into delivering the Deposit and the Patient to Narconon.

25. Narconon's connection to, and use of, Scientology and its teachings, including exposing vulnerable patients to such "teachings," was a material component of Narconon's treatment program. Narconon knew that such treatment is highly controversial and unacceptable to a large proportion of people, and that if such connection were known to the Gores, the Gores
would not have chosen their facility for the Patient.

26. In order to fool the Gores and others like them, Narconon concealed its
connection to Scientology, both on the Website and in conversations with the Gores.

27. Because of the sensitive, special duty of caregiver, therapist and medical advisor assumed by Narconon, Narconon had a special duty to disclose to the Gores the nature of the treatment that the Patient would receive and obtain the Gores' informed consent to such treatment. By failing to disclose such information to the Gores and obtain their informed consent, Narconon
breached that special duty.

28. In reliance upon the aforesaid representations and material omissions, which omissions occurred despite Narconon's duty to disclose in the context of the discussions, Mrs. Gore traveled to Narconon and enrolled the Patient there.

29. Soon after enrolling the Patient at Narconon, with the help of others, the Gores independendy discovered that Narconon is, in fact, connected with Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard. Immediately thereafter, Mr. Gore called Narconon and spoke with Ross.

30. Mr. Gore and Ross spoke by telephone during the evening and into the night of September 7-8, 2012.

31. During those conversations, Mr. Gore explained that it was not acceptable for the Patient to be in the care of a facility with any connection to the Church of Scientology or L. Ron Hubbard.

32. During the conversation, Ross told Mr. Gore in words or substance, "I understand the family's concerns and do not want any problems. If [Patient] leaves the program, we will pro-rate the fee."

33. In reliance upon Ross's express promise to pro-rate the fee, the Gores arranged for the Patient to leave the program at Narconon.

34. The Patient left the program at Narconon on the morning of Sunday, September 9, 2012.

35. Thereafter, Mr. Gore repeatedly attempted to reach Ross by phone to arrange for the promised refund. Ross dodged Mr. Gore's calls.

36. On or about September 11, 2012, Mr. Gore's attorney wrote to Narconon to recount the events and to demand the promised refund.

37. Narconon, through Ross, responded on September 12, 2012 in writing.

38. Narconon's response claimed that "the deposit and fees are non-refundable." Ross failed to acknowledge her promises to Mr. Gore that she would pro-rate the Deposit.

39. Ross's response did, however, implicidy admit that pro-ration was appropriate, because she devoted several paragraphs to describing how the program is "monetarily heavily weighted in the beginning." As part of such discussion, Ross described "monies were expended for [Patient)" totaling $205.26. Ross also alluded to other services allegedly performed in the less than 2days' time that the Patient spent there, but she did not itemize their alleged cost. There would have been no reason for Ross to itemize such expenses if Ross was not at least tacidy acknowledging her promise to "pro-rate" the Deposit.

40. Narconon and Ross have failed and refused to give the promised refund, pro-rated or otherwise.

COUNT ONE
(UNJUST ENRICHMENT- ALL DEFENDANTS)
41. Plaintiffs repeat and reallege each and every allegation of paragraph 1 through 40 of this Amended Complaint with the same force and effect as if fully set forth herein.

42. Plaintiffs delivered to Defendants $40,000 and the Patient, with the expectation that they would receive effective, satisfactory care for the Patient, for 90 days, in a facility that was not connected in any way to Scientology and/ or L. Ron Hubbard.

43. Defendants accepted the benefits of the Gore's payment and the attendance of the Patient, and were enriched. Defendants were further enriched when, at Defendants' express invitation, the Patient left Narconon, and Defendants were thus freed of the obligation, cost and expense of performing services for the Patient and keeping the Patient in their custody.

44. It would be unjust to permit Defendants to be enriched at the Gores' expense.

45. Such enrichment was at the Gores' expense.

46. Defendants knew at all relevant times that the Gores were acting entirely as good Samaritans and protective relatives, with no economic motive.
47. As a result of Defendants' wrongful acts alleged herein, Plaintiffs are entided to damages in an amount of $40,000, plus prejudgment interest at the statutory rate from September 9, 2012, plus costs.

COUNT TWO
(PROMISSORY ESTOPPEL-ALL DEFENDANTS)
48. Plaintiffs repeat and reallege each and every allegation of paragraphs 1 through 40 of this Amended Complaint with the same force and effect as if fully set forth herein.

49. Defendants promised Plaintiffs that they would pro-rate the Deposit if the Patient left the program.

50. Defendants' promise to Plaintiffs to pro-rate the Deposit if the Patient left the program was independent of any previous contractual dealings between Plaintiffs and Defendants.

51. In reliance upon Defendants' promise, Plaintiffs changed position by causing Patient to leave the program.

52. Plaintiffs' reliance on Defendants' promise was reasonable.

53. As a result, Defendants are estopped to deny their promise to refund the Deposit.

54. As a direct and proximate result of the foregoing, Plaintiffs have been damaged in the amount of $40,000.

COUNT THREE
(FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION- ALL DEFENDANTS)

55. Plaintiffs repeat and reallege each and every allegation of paragraphs 1 through 40 of this Amended Complaint with the same force and effect as if fully set forth herein.

56. Defendants' promises, during the evening and night telephone calls between Mr. Gore and Ross on September 7-8, 2012, to pro-rate the fee if the Patient left the Narconon program were false, and known to be false by Defendants.

57. Defendants' promises to pro-rate the fee if the Patient left the Narconon program were willfully made for the purpose of inducing the Gores to rely on such promises, so that the
Gores would remove the Patient from the facility, thereby freeing Narconon from the obligation to house, feed, treat and attend to the Patient.

58. The Gores' reliance on Defendants' promises to pro-rate the fee if the Patient left the Narconon program was justified.

59. At the time Defendants promised to pro-rate the fee, they had no intent to do so.

60. As a direct and proximate result of the foregoing, Plaintiffs have been damaged in the amount of $40,000.

COUNT FOUR
(FRAUDULENT CONCEALMENT- ALL DEFENDANTS)

61. Plaintiffs repeat and reallege each and every allegation of paragraphs 1 through 40 of this Amended Complaint with the same force and effect as if fully set forth herein. 62. When the Gores delivered $40,000 and the Patient to Defendants, Narconon's connection with Scientology was peculiarly within the knowledge of Defendants, and this information was not readily available to the Gores, and would not have been readily available to the Gores through the exercise of ordinary intelligence and diligence.

63. During the time that the Gores delivered $40,000 and the Patient to the
Defendants, the Patient was experiencing emergency medical issues as a result of substance abuse requiring immediate attention. Because of the emergent nature of the circumstances surrounding the Patient, the Gores were unable to investigate Narconon beyond viewing the Website and
speaking to Narconon spokespersons by telephone.

64. Defendants knew that when the Gores delivered to the Defendants $40,000 and the Patient, the Gores were acting on the basis of mistaken knowledge because they did not know of Narconon's connection with Scientology.

65. In delivering the $40,000 and the Patient to Defendants, the Gores justifiably relied on Defendants' material omission of Narconon's connection to Scientology.

66. Defendants had a duty to disclose Narconon's connection with Scientology to the Gores because Defendants knew:

(1) that Narconon was connected with Scientology;
(2) that the Gores were acting under the mistaken belief that Narconon was not connected with Scientology;and that
(3) knowledge of Narconon's connection with Scientology was not readily available to the Gores, and would not have been readily available to the Gores through the exercise of ordinary intelligence and diligence.

67. Defendants also had a duty to disclose Narconon's connection with Scientology to the Gores because a special, confidential relationship was formed between Defendants and the Gores when the Gores agreed to entrust the Patient to the custody of Narconon. This special, confidential relationship required Narconon to disclose to the Gores the conditions of the Patient's
custody and treatment, including, without limitation, Narconon's connection to Scientology and the intent to expose the Patient to Scientology while in Defendants' custody.

68. Defendants willfully failed to disclose Narconon's connection to Scientology to the Gores in order to induce the Gores to deliver to them $40,000 and the Patient.

69. As a direct and proximate result of the foregoing, Plaintiffs have been damaged in the amount of $40,000.

COUNT FIVE
(RESCISSION -ALL DEFENDANTS)

70. Plaintiffs repeat and reallege each and every allegation of paragraphs 1 through 40 of this Amended Complaint with the same force and effect as if fully set forth herein.

71. To the extent that a contract may have been formed between Plaintiffs and Defendants, such contract was based upon a mistake of fact on the part of the Gores.

72. Such mistake of fact was known to Defendants at the time of contracting.

73. Accordingly, any such contract should be rescinded and the parties returned to the status quo ante.

74. WHEREFORE, Plaintiffs demand judgment as follows:

A. On their First, Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Counts, awarding Plaintiffs actual damages against Defendants in an amount to be determined at trial, but reasonably expected to exceed $40,000.00, together with interest to the maximum extent allowable by law thereon; and

B. Granting Plaintiffs such other and further relief as this Court deems just and proper.
Dated: New York, New York
April 11, 2013

ZUKERMAN GORE BRANDEIS
& CROSSMAN, L.L.P.

John Crossman
Eleven Times Square
New York, New York 10036
Telephone: (212) 223-6700
Attorneys for Plaintiffs

Court:    New York Civil Supreme
Index Number:    159042/2012
Case Name:    GORE, HEIDI vs. NARCONON GULF COAST, INC.
Case Type:    E-Contract
Track:    Standard
RJI Filed:     02/25/2013

Attorney/Firm For Plaintiff:
ZUCKERMAN GORE BRANDEIS, ET AL      Attorney Type: Attorney Of Record      Atty. Status: Active   
11 TIMES SQUARE
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10036
(212) 223-6700

Attorney/Firm For Defendant:
DENNIS HOUDEK        Attorney Type: Attorney Of Record        Atty. Status: Active   
305 BROADWAY, 14TH FLOOR
NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10007
(212) 822-1470

ZUKERMAN GORE BRANDEIS
& CROSSMAN, L.L.P.
John K. Crossman
Eleven Times Square
New York, New York 10036
Telephone: (212) 223-6700
Attornrys for Plain tiffs

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
A "Motion to Dismiss" by the party being sued before the trial actually starts is pretty much pro forma in civil cases. It's not just $cientology, or it's fronts, that does it.

BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
The Gores should have explicitly included plane fares to and from Narconon as well. 

15. Narconon insisted upon receiving a deposit of $40,000, in advance, before either of the Gores left New York, in order to "save a spot" for the Patient.

They all say that.  I can't believe they're all so brimming over with clients that they have to "save a spot."  They're so anxious to get the money they'd make a spot if they had to.

25. Narconon's connection to, and use of, Scientology and its teachings, including exposing vulnerable patients to such "teachings," was a material component of Narconon's treatment program. Narconon knew that such treatment is highly controversial and unacceptable to a large proportion of people, and that if such connection were known to the Gores, the Gores would not have chosen their facility for the Patient.

COUNT FOUR
(FRAUDULENT CONCEALMENT- ALL DEFENDANTS)

61. Plaintiffs repeat and reallege each and every allegation of paragraphs 1 through 40 of this Amended Complaint with the same force and effect as if fully set forth herein. 62. When the Gores delivered $40,000 and the Patient to Defendants, Narconon's connection with Scientology was peculiarly within the knowledge of Defendants, and this information was not readily available to the Gores, and would not have been readily available to the Gores through the exercise of ordinary intelligence and diligence.

Defendants, the Patient was experiencing emergency medical issues as a result of substance abuse requiring immediate attention. Because of the emergent nature of the circumstances surrounding the Patient, the Gores were unable to investigate Narconon beyond viewing the Website and

64. Defendants knew that when the Gores delivered to the Defendants $40,000 and the Patient, the Gores were acting on the basis of mistaken knowledge because they did not know of Narconon's connection with Scientology.

65. In delivering the $40,000 and the Patient to Defendants, the Gores justifiably relied on Defendants' material omission of Narconon's connection to Scientology.

66. Defendants had a duty to disclose Narconon's connection with Scientology to the Gores because Defendants knew:

(1) that Narconon was connected with Scientology;
(2) that the Gores were acting under the mistaken belief that Narconon was not connected with Scientology;and that
(3) knowledge of Narconon's connection with Scientology was not readily available to the Gores, and would not have been readily available to the Gores through the exercise of ordinary intelligence and diligence.

I'd love to hear Narconon try to argue that if the Gores had only looked at the internet, it's full of anti-narconon sites like this one.   >:D
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline 10oriocookies

• Hill 10 Situation
  • "Sandy!!!!??????"
I like to think of us as pro-truth instead of anti-nn ;D
ET went home.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
I'd love to hear Narconon try to argue that if the Gores had only looked at the internet, it's full of anti-narconon sites like this one.   >:D

That would be rich, but the Gore's situation is a perfect example of what happens in so many cases. Their situation is urgent and everyone is desperate for help. As a result, not enough research is done.

I totally understand how it happens, but it sure is sad to see this happen over and over again. 

-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
I like to think of us as pro-truth instead of anti-nn ;D

Of course we're pro-truth, but that's not the way NN would phrase it.   :D 

That would be rich, but the Gore's situation is a perfect example of what happens in so many cases. Their situation is urgent and everyone is desperate for help. As a result, not enough research is done.

I totally understand how it happens, but it sure is sad to see this happen over and over again. 

I completely understand also (it's very predatory on Narconon's part too), and the Gores spelled it out with this:

The only way I know to change it is to out-compete NN and the referral sites for the first page results in google, or pay for advertising, which is bound to be expensive, so that people find the pro-truth sites before they get to a referral site.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline deceived101

• On the path to knowledge
Are there any current cases against the Freedom Center in Albion other than the Teague case?  Looking to get in touch with a MI lawyer who are potentially already familiar with the center...

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Are there any current cases against the Freedom Center in Albion other than the Teague case?  Looking to get in touch with a MI lawyer who are potentially already familiar with the center...

I sent you a PM, deceived101.

Mary

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2013, 18:23 »
Judge to rule in Narconon Arrowhead case this week - McAlester News
By Jeanne LeFlore Staff Writer
September 14, 2013

McALESTER — A judge is set to rule this week if Narconon Arrowhead will have to produce documents related to incidents of drug and alcohol use by its staff, according to court documents.

A hearing is set for 10 a.m. Wednesday in Pittsburg County District Court in the lawsuit against Narconon filed on behalf of a Narconon graduate now in a vegetative state after overdosing on heroin and oxycontin.

The suit alleges drugs were given to her by Narconon staff while she was in the program.

Narconon Arrowhead is a drug rehabilitation facility in Canadian that uses Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard’s teachings.

more at http://mcalesternews.com/local/x865779274/Judge-to-rule-in-Narconon-Arrowhead-case-this-week#sthash.DqOh1BAk.gbpl
-Dalai Lama