Author Topic: What will Suri Cruise learn at her Scientology-influenced school? - Slate Magazine  (Read 1287 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
What will Suri Cruise learn at her Scientology-influenced school? - Slate Magazine
20 September 2011, 4:46 pm

Suri Cruise attended her first day of school last week. The daughter of the world's most famous Scientologist matriculated at the New Village Leadership Academy in Calabasas, California, which employs educational methods developed by L. Ron Hubbard. What happens at a Scientology-influenced school?

Independent study, sculpting, and possibly a little grade inflation. The schools that employ Hubbard's "study technology" system aren't directly affiliated with the Church of Scientology, so there is some variation among institutions. Generally speaking, students begin the day with a check sheet of things to accomplish. It's usually a series of short lessons followed by tasks that require the students to apply their knowledge. For example, a student may have to read the first chapter of a novel, then write a brief essay on what she learned. When she completes a task, a teacher or a more advanced student checks the task off the list before she moves on to the next. Since each student works from her own sheet at her own pace, teachers usually do not lecture the class as a whole. Instead, they circulate to support the students' independent activities.

more at http://www.slate.com/id/2304211/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:40 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama