Author Topic: The Desmond Family v. Narconon of Georgia, Narconon International, et al  (Read 255252 times)

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
"Narconon of Georgia
1510 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map (678) 580-5939"

that was my apartment and phone number. we all had land lines, no cell phones allowed. the unofficial story was that a student there around christmas of last year posted a picture on facebook that said "getting drunk at rehab" and his parents were pissed to high heavens. we also would hear a click everytime we would answer the phone or dial out.

the apartments there really werent that safe, before i left they wanted us to not lock our doors at night because there would be random bed checks. we only found this out after my roommate had a nightmare about it.

Wow, that sounds really creepy, not locking the doors.  Why not just give keys to the people who were supposed to do bed checks?  I mean, I understand wanting to make sure people are where they're supposed to be (and they should check on that), but a policy of not locking the doors would allow anyone to come in and do whatever they wanted.  And not just NN monitors and staff, but anyone word got around to, former clients, anyone they told, anyone those people told, etc...

if you've ever talked to darryll in person, then you would realize that multiple personality comment is not too far off...you can tell his mind is all over the place.

I never have, but I guess he must have a lot on his mind, what with all the drug and alcohol use going on at "his" recovery residences, and how's he going to make another "donation" to the "church" and still pay the bills, and all that.
   Narconon Reviews
   Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
   Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
If one really wants to effect change without much effort, One would be well advised to look into HOW Mr. Hall is working with Berkley Landing Apartment management in the sub-letting of the apartments. One would become very enlightened when talking to the city of Duluth and Gwinnett county about the legalities of this sub-letting arrangement Berkley Landing apartments in Duluth, Georgia has with Mr. Hall.

A couple of phone calls to the city of Duluth, Georgia could end what is transpiring @ Berkley Landing apartments in Duluth, Georgia.

Spill it, ST.  Don't be coy.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Student Hat is a prerequisite for the BC.  Its quite obvious she is dancing here.  Looks to me like a messed up Roger Rabbit/Running Man/Sprinkler combo.

The first ever inpatient outpatient center.  WTF?  "Leave your doors unlocked" so we can invade the privacy you dont have because you are at an inpatient outpatient center.  Inpatient if any parents ask.  Outpatient if the state asks.  NN Int isnt responsible for anything because they know nothing.  No one knows a thing.  Im a 15 year Scientologist and dont know what blow or emergency means.  Duhhhhh.....

:-D^\^\
   Narconon Reviews

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
If they're saying NN Int has nothing to do with operating NN Ga, then apparently they lied to the IRS about the organization of NN Int. From the IRS Exempt Organization listing:

"EIN","LEGAL NAME","ADDRESS","GEN","TYPE","AFFILIATE","DBA"
"952769582","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","4652 HOLLYWD BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90027-5408","2595","03","6"
"042606410","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","76 WINN ST STE 2C WOBURN MA 01801-2868","2595","03","9","NARCONON BOSTON"
"731690918","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","611 S FT HARISN AVE CLEARWATER FL 33756-5301","2595","03","9","NARCONON EASTERN UNITED STATES"
"593035096","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","22073 US HIGHWAY 19 N CLEARWATER FL 33765-2364","2595","03","9","NARCONON FLORIDA"
"421534941","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","5688 PEACHTREE PKWY NORCROSS GA 30092-2848","2595","03","9","NARCONON OF GEORGIA"
"731589280","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","69 ARROWHEAD LOOP CANADIAN OK 74425-5012","2595","03","9","NARCONON OF OKLAHOMA"
"954536141","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","622 E VILLA ST PASADENA CA 91101-1120","2595","03","9","FRIENDS OF NARCONON"
"954853440","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","13850 GRABER AVE SYLMAR CA 91342-2622","2595","03","9","NARCONON DRUG PREVENTION & EDUCATI"
"330911677","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","225 W BROADWAY STE 420 GLENDALE CA 91204-1331","2595","03","9","NARCONON FRESH START"
"651238009","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","225 W BROADWAY STE 420 GLENDALE CA 91204-1331","2595","03","9","NARCONON WESTERN UNITED STATES"
"770275827","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","262 GAFFEY RD WATSONVILLE CA 95076-9731","2595","03","9","NARCONON OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA"
"550828683","NARCONON INTERNATIONAL","4652 HOLLYWOOD BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90027-5408","2595","03","9","NARCONON OF WEST HOLLYWOOD"

EIN: Employer Identification Number

GEN: Group Exemption Number
2595 if covered by the NN Int Group Exemption Letter

TYPE: Exemption Type
03 for a 501(c)3 exemption

AFFILIATE
6 - Group Controlling Organization
9 - Group Subordiante Organization

All of these Narconons are part of Narconon International per the Group Exemption Letter covered by Group Exemption Number 2595. "Narconon Georgia" is a DBA for Narconon International's Georgia operation. If they're saying something different they're lying through their teeth, either to Georgia or the IRS.

BigBeard, do you know where we can get a copy of this Group Exemption Letter? 

(sorry if you've said elsewhere and I haven't been paying attention as much as I should have...)
   Narconon Reviews

Offline loriisbored

• On the path to knowledge
"Narconon of Georgia
1510 Summerchase Dr, Duluth, GA 30096 » Map (678) 580-5939"

that was my apartment and phone number. we all had land lines, no cell phones allowed. the unofficial story was that a student there around christmas of last year posted a picture on facebook that said "getting drunk at rehab" and his parents were pissed to high heavens. we also would hear a click everytime we would answer the phone or dial out.

the apartments there really werent that safe, before i left they wanted us to not lock our doors at night because there would be random bed checks. we only found this out after my roommate had a nightmare about it.

Wow, that sounds really creepy, not locking the doors.  Why not just give keys to the people who were supposed to do bed checks?  I mean, I understand wanting to make sure people are where they're supposed to be (and they should check on that), but a policy of not locking the doors would allow anyone to come in and do whatever they wanted.  And not just NN monitors and staff, but anyone word got around to, former clients, anyone they told, anyone those people told, etc...

if you've ever talked to darryll in person, then you would realize that multiple personality comment is not too far off...you can tell his mind is all over the place.

I never have, but I guess he must have a lot on his mind, what with all the drug and alcohol use going on at "his" recovery residences, and how's he going to make another "donation" to the "church" and still pay the bills, and all that.

well, in my apartment 1510, the reason we did not have a key was due to the fact that a former student had put superglue in the keyhole..but yes that was very dumb on their part to ask four young girls to not lock their door at night, and at least two with a sexual abuse history.

Who knows how many apartments they have rented now?

More than what is listed within this thread!

If one really wants to effect change without much effort, One would be well advised to look into HOW Mr. Hall is working with Berkley Landing Apartment management in the sub-letting of the apartments. One would become very enlightened when talking to the city of Duluth and Gwinnett county about the legalities of this sub-letting arrangement Berkley Landing apartments in Duluth, Georgia has with Mr. Hall.

A couple of phone calls to the city of Duluth, Georgia could end what is transpiring @ Berkley Landing apartments in Duluth, Georgia.

when i left there was close to 100 srudents, with around 15 to 20 living at the hotel...so around 80 students, and mostly 4 to an apartment, a few with 3= almost half of the complex by now. maybe getting the legal tennats to complain as well would be benificial? i know that we pissed them the hell off by loitering in the parking lot.

Offline SocialTransparency

• High Value Target

when i left there was close to 100 srudents, with around 15 to 20 living at the hotel...so around 80 students, and mostly 4 to an apartment, a few with 3= almost half of the complex by now. maybe getting the legal tennats to complain as well would be benificial? i know that we pissed them the hell off by loitering in the parking lot.

Thank you! There were/are 20+ 2 bedroom units in use for the housing.

Offline BigBeard

• Hill 10 Situation
Ethercat,

Someone linked to the Group Exemption letter in one of the threads here, don't remember which though.

Also, the original Form 1023 after the 93 Closing Agreement has info on the NN Int set up and can be found at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Stop-Narconon/Documents/irs-1023-narconon.pdf  There've been changes since the 1023 was originally done, but the overall gist is there, along with a statement about the "Group Exemption Letter".
BigBeard

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
    • Formerly Fooled Finally Free of The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology
 :^:^:^:E
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
 :){}{}{}
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Ethercat,

Someone linked to the Group Exemption letter in one of the threads here, don't remember which though.

Also, the original Form 1023 after the 93 Closing Agreement has info on the NN Int set up and can be found at http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Stop-Narconon/Documents/irs-1023-narconon.pdf  There've been changes since the 1023 was originally done, but the overall gist is there, along with a statement about the "Group Exemption Letter".

Thank you, BigBeard.  I'll search the forum for it.
   Narconon Reviews

• High Value Target

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
The ultimate authority must always rest with the individual's own reason and critical analysis.
-Dalai Lama

Offline ethercat

• Global Moderator
  • High Value Target
Ok, guys, this is the motherlode of new docs incoming.  If anyone needs a dictionary to understand some of the scientology specific lingo and acronyms (and you probably will, if you go through this stuff throughly), this link that was considerately posted further back in the thread by who me? may help:
http://www.tep-online.info/laku/usa/reli/scien/SECRETDOX/ADMIN_DICTIONARY.pdf

Delgado somehow got off the hook.  I'm not sure how, since they don't seem to have any money to speak of:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-08-13-JointMotionToDismissByPlaintiffsAndDefendantDelgadoDevelopmentInc.pdf
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-08-17-OrderDismissingDefendantDelgadoDevelopmentIncWithoutPrejudice.pdf

The judge had to order Narconon of Georgia and Narconon International to produce requested documents: 
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-08-21-OrderToNNGaAndNNIntToProduceDocuments.pdf

So they produced some more documents, which Harris and Team used as exhibits in this additional Filing to support their Motion of Sanctions.  Exhibit B of this document is the explosive Exhibit B that prompted Narconon to file an "Emergency Motion" to try to have it sealed after the fact.
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-07-SupplementalFilingInSupportOfPlaintiffsMotionForSanctionsAgainstDefendantNarcononOfGeorgia.pdf

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the Emergency Motion yet (will try to get that on the next document run), but here is the Plaintiffs' response to it, also with an exhibit, Things That Shouldn't Be" written by Mary Rieser on August 14, 2008, and sent to Dir I and R NN Int, Dir I and R NN EUS, and Dir I and R ABLE EUS (I and R = Inspection and Reports):
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-12-PlaintiffsResponseToNarcononInternationalsEmergencyMotionToHaveExhibitBToPlaintiffsSupplementalFilingWithdrawnAndFiledUnderSeal.pdf

Narconon of Georgia, true to pattern, needs more time to respond to the Supplemental Filing above, since they spent the time they had making the Emergency Motion to try to keep the Exhibit B from public scrutiny:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-13-OrderExtendingDeadlineForNNGAToRespond.pdf

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we've been waiting for - Judge Hydrick has not been fooled by Narconon's gyrations and feigned privacy concerns, she has ordered everything1 UNSEALED, or rather, filed again unsealed but with students' names redacted:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-13-OrderToUnsealDocuments.pdf

|*\                                                              /*|

And finally...
Presenting that which Narconon did not want anyone to see...
Sealed documents that Jeffrey Harris, Esquire, Motioned to be unsealed
Sealed documents that Matt's and my petition requested be unsealed
Sealed Documents opened via the Georgia Uniform Superior Court Rule 21

(Hey, the law - unlike scientology, it works and it helps people):

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-14-NoticeOfFilingPursuantToCourtsSeptember-13-2012-Order.pdf

This stuff, unlike the depositions, has been OCR'ed, so you should be able to copy and paste freely, except for some handwritten stuff in the exhibits.

And please, y'all, this stuff that Narconon wanted to keep quiet, please spread it around, copy it, upload it elsewhere, make sure there is more than 1 copy around the web at all times, because this is truly a rarity to have this internal Narconon information out for public use (also, because they will absolutely hate it).  I hope it will be useful in the other Narconon cases coming.

Thank you very, very much to Mr. Jeffry Harris, Ms. Rebecca Franklin, other supportive staff, and to the Desmond Family!  You have done a great service to anti-Narconon activists and consumer advocates everywhere.

-<O>-   T_:O-T   \oO--Oo/    -<O>-   T_:O-T   \oO--Oo/    -<O>-   T_:O-T   \oO--Oo/   

Two reasons to dance in one day; things must be looking up!

1  Everything except Brad Taylor's student file, which we were never interested in anyway.
   Narconon Reviews

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
 ||||9000|||| LOL!! 8:O8P|()
I am a volunteer advocate for victims of the Narconon scam. I am a former scientologist. I post anonymously. Mary McConnell is my long time nom de plume. Feel free to contact me for assistance in righting the wrongs.

• High Value Target

Ok, guys, this is the motherlode of new docs incoming.  If anyone needs a dictionary to understand some of the scientology specific lingo and acronyms (and you probably will, if you go through this stuff throughly), this link that was considerately posted further back in the thread by who me? may help:
http://www.tep-online.info/laku/usa/reli/scien/SECRETDOX/ADMIN_DICTIONARY.pdf

Delgado somehow got off the hook.  I'm not sure how, since they don't seem to have any money to speak of:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-08-13-JointMotionToDismissByPlaintiffsAndDefendantDelgadoDevelopmentInc.pdf
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-08-17-OrderDismissingDefendantDelgadoDevelopmentIncWithoutPrejudice.pdf

The judge had to order Narconon of Georgia and Narconon International to produce requested documents: 
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-08-21-OrderToNNGaAndNNIntToProduceDocuments.pdf

So they produced some more documents, which Harris and Team used as exhibits in this additional Filing to support their Motion of Sanctions.  Exhibit B of this document is the explosive Exhibit B that prompted Narconon to file an "Emergency Motion" to try to have it sealed after the fact.
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-07-SupplementalFilingInSupportOfPlaintiffsMotionForSanctionsAgainstDefendantNarcononOfGeorgia.pdf

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the Emergency Motion yet (will try to get that on the next document run), but here is the Plaintiffs' response to it, also with an exhibit, Things That Shouldn't Be" written by Mary Rieser on August 14, 2008, and sent to Dir I and R NN Int, Dir I and R NN EUS, and Dir I and R ABLE EUS (I and R = Inspection and Reports):
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-12-PlaintiffsResponseToNarcononInternationalsEmergencyMotionToHaveExhibitBToPlaintiffsSupplementalFilingWithdrawnAndFiledUnderSeal.pdf

Narconon of Georgia, true to pattern, needs more time to respond to the Supplemental Filing above, since they spent the time they had making the Emergency Motion to try to keep the Exhibit B from public scrutiny:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-13-OrderExtendingDeadlineForNNGAToRespond.pdf

This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we've been waiting for - Judge Hydrick has not been fooled by Narconon's gyrations and feigned privacy concerns, she has ordered everything1 UNSEALED, or rather, filed again unsealed but with students' names redacted:
http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-13-OrderToUnsealDocuments.pdf

|*\                                                              /*|

And finally...
Presenting that which Narconon did not want anyone to see...
Sealed documents that Jeffrey Harris, Esquire, Motioned to be unsealed
Sealed documents that Matt's and my petition requested be unsealed
Sealed Documents opened via the Georgia Uniform Superior Court Rule 21

(Hey, the law - unlike scientology, it works and it helps people):

http://alley.ethercat.com/storage/10A28641/10A28641-2-2012-09-14-NoticeOfFilingPursuantToCourtsSeptember-13-2012-Order.pdf

This stuff, unlike the depositions, has been OCR'ed, so you should be able to copy and paste freely, except for some handwritten stuff in the exhibits.

And please, y'all, this stuff that Narconon wanted to keep quiet, please spread it around, copy it, upload it elsewhere, make sure there is more than 1 copy around the web at all times, because this is truly a rarity to have this internal Narconon information out for public use (also, because they will absolutely hate it).  I hope it will be useful in the other Narconon cases coming.

Thank you very, very much to Mr. Jeffry Harris, Ms. Rebecca Franklin, other supportive staff, and to the Desmond Family!  You have done a great service to anti-Narconon activists and consumer advocates everywhere.

-<O>-   T_:O-T   \oO--Oo/    -<O>-   T_:O-T   \oO--Oo/    -<O>-   T_:O-T   \oO--Oo/   

Two reasons to dance in one day; things must be looking up!

1  Everything except Brad Taylor's student file, which we were never interested in anyway.

(:E) Thankfully this WOG understands most of the wacko lingo these sci,s use. The COMM "Landed" as the sci,s say! So many interesting revelations.

The plaintiff,s legal team really is telling it like it is.

That is what these documents show md unless making money from a RICO enterprise is
a "trade secret" -this Motion is frivolous.

NNINT does not want
these documents in the public domain, not because they contain trade secrets (unless it
has a proprietary secret recipe for criminal activity it wishes to protect), but rather
because they fully implicate them in a RICO enterprise.

Hammer hits nail on head.

WOGS-R-US VO><OV

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
Pursuant to the Court's September 13, 2012 Order, Plaintiffs hereby file redacted copies of the following documents:

• Urgent Directive Documents- Bates Nos. 008588- 008593;

NARCONON OF GEORGIA
OutPatient Drug Treatment Program and Education
URGENT DIRECTIVE

For the last year an outside group bas been attacking Narconons on the WEB. Recently, these attacks specifically mentioned Narconon of Georgia, necessitating perfection of service and all legal ruds in with Narconon and affiliate housing.

Concunent with the attacks within the last month there have been service issues at Narconon and housing, evidenced by physical episodes (resulting in two police reports), reports of recent drug use, dirty quarters, absence from post in the orientation area, sauna and housing and leave of absence granted to students new to the program. Any of these points can lead to refunds; all of which fall on Narconon, regardless of the cause. A full
Board of Investigation will be done to investigate the following points:

PLAINTIFFS' RESPONSE TO NARCONON INTERNATIONAL'S
EMERGENCY MOTION TO HAVE EXHIBIT "B" TO PLAINTIFFS'
SUPPLEMENTAL FILING WITHDRAWN AND FILED UNDER SEAL

[..] For example, the single most important and damning document produced in this case was produced on Tuesday of this week, years after this litigation started and the relevant depositions have been taken. See Ex. A.1 That document also makes it clear that there are still numerous documents
related to NNGAINNINT's negligent housing operation that have never been produced even in the face of a Court Order. [..]

[..] But they should be honest - the real reason NNINT wants the public record sealed is because the documents at issue show its complicity in allowing NNGA to run a negligent and criminal enterprise. It has absolutely nothing to do with protecting trade secrets or confidential information.

EXHIBIT A

Dir I and R NN Int
Dir I and R NN EUS
Dir I and R ABLE EUS
                    THINGS THAT SHOULDN'T BE
14 August 2008
I am sending a box of information that is somewhat of a chronicle about events between Narconon of Georgia and Delgado Development (a company that has provided supportive housing for Narconon of Georgia out patient students- all their clients have come from Narconon). The point of this report is to delineate what has transpired as a result of management lines into Narconon of Georgia becoming crossed, confusing and off policy. It is as much a report about me, the ED who allowed it as those who helped to
perpetuate it.[..]

[..]In June of2007 Narconon of Georgia was finally granted the right to deliver the Sauna program by the state of Georgia. This was after a five year battle with the state. It was no small feat to get full licensure for all portions of Narconon delivery as it meant recognition by the state. Coincident with this has been continuous increased PR with the Governor's office and the legislative body- of obvious benefit to all LRH delivery facilities in the area

[..]
In March, Anonymous was heavily on attack in Georgia, both with Narconon and the Church. In an attempt to ensure that tech was in at Narconon and that legal rudiments were in at housing and Narconon, so as to proof up against attacks, I called a Board of Investigation to investigate certain points. For some reason Maria was upset from the moment the Board was called, even though it was an impartial board to get data. I learned third hand that she had put it on org lines and was upset- it appeared she did not get the point of what we were doing.

Offline mefree

• High Value Target
Mary and Sunshine Lewis influencing Georgia legislators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Taylor_%28politician%29

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:46 by mefree »
-Dalai Lama

Offline Mary_McConnell

• High Value Target
[..]

EXHIBIT A

[..]In June of2007 Narconon of Georgia was finally granted the right to deliver the Sauna program by the state of Georgia. This was after a five year battle with the state. It was no small feat to get full licensure for all portions of Narconon delivery as it meant recognition by the state. Coincident with this has been continuous increased PR with the Governor's office and the legislative body- of obvious benefit to all LRH delivery facilities in the area
[..]

George Ervin "Sonny" Perdue III[1] (born December 20, 1946) is an American politician who served as the 81st Governor of Georgia from 2003 to 2011.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Perdue

• High Value Target

:-D^\^\