Author Topic: [Yahoo] Scientology Milks Seattle Couple for $1.5M, Punishes Them Later for Not Giving Enough  (Read 1302 times)

Offline News Thetan

• News Reporter
  • The Who
    • Reaching For The Tipping Point
Scientology Milks Seattle Couple for $1.5M, Punishes Them Later for Not Giving Enough
21 November 2011, 10:02 am
By Curtis Cartier

‚ÄčThe St. Petersburg Times has a big feature this weekend on the shameless "money machine" that is Scientology. Example number one: A Seattle couple who gave seven figures to the church only to be later be written up for "insufficient generosity."

The Times story explains through multiple accounts from former church members how Scientology fundraisers are relentless--to an almost sociopathic level--in their demands for money from parishioners.

People say that they are called dozens of times a day, physically barred from leaving fundraising meetings and written up with internal "Knowledge Reports" when they fail to deliver enough money--and we're talking tens of thousands of dollars at a time being expected.

In the case of Lynne Hoverson and Bert Schippers, a married couple living in Seattle, just one example of the high-pressure milking happened years after they had donated $160,000 to a new church....

more at http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/11/scientology_milks_seattle_coup.php
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 20:52 by mefree »
In the case of news, we should always wait for the sacrament of confirmation.  --Voltaire

I am a bot.  I cannot reply to your messages, PMs, or emails.  I collect the news and post it; that is my function for this lifetime.