Author Topic: A few profile settings have changed  (Read 1395 times)

Offline alias

• Administrator
  • Fly in the Ointment
A few profile settings have changed
« on: March 17, 2012, 10:38 »
I have made changes to 3 default settings in User Profiles. 

The default settings were inconvenient for new members who may not have been aware that these things could be changed.  I believe the new defaults will be more user-friendly.  Unfortunately, setting the new defaults required changing these settings for all members.  You can change these settings in your Profile if you do not like them. 

• Show a popup when you receive new messages? - Changed from OFF to ON.
    Set under Profile-->Personal Messaging
    You will get a popup window to alert you to new personal messages (PMs).  This is somewhat quirky for me; sometimes I don't get a popup.  However, you will still know you have a PM by the number showing next to "My messages" on the menu bar.
  • Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default. - Changed from OFF to ON.
    Set under Profile-->Personal Messaging
    If you send a PM, a copy will be saved in your outbox.  Some members had wondered why their PMs were not being saved by default.  This will change that.
  • Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic. - Changed from OFF to ON.
    Set under Profile-->Notifications
    For your posts, once replies are made, you will receive a notification of the first reply to the email address specified in your account.

I also encourage all members to explore their Profile area and change any settings to suit their needs.   :)

Please let me know if you have any problems or questions.
Be nice.  Don't hit.  Don't run with scissors.  Try not to make a mess, and if you do, clean it up.

What do you do when 'potential' is your favorite word
and then the bus leaves you at the next move sideways?
--The Jazz Butcher Conspiracy